Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your honest opinion on Laundry day stuff.

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    After toddlers, parenthood & vampire, it's the first that we can see the love they had in a stuff pack.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    If you have more than four sims in a household.. expect to be doing the laundry more than once a sim week. I went in thinking "I'll designate Sunday as being laundry day!" Wrong! Its just like real life. I have a household of six sims and they have to do laundry at least twice a sim week. Not that I mind it to much. The sims actually autonomously take the clothing out of the hamper and load it into the washer. Sometimes they don't turn it on

Other times another sim come and turns on the laundry. The kids even take the laundry and place it in the dryer or take it out of the dryer. I suppose i could add more hampers in the house but gosh I have three already. This isn't a complaint by all means its just giving some insight.
    But.. due do the autonomy they do not clean the lint filter so this...happens Sim had to go in and save her wife and then she caught on fire
    ez17txr.png
    Then they both had scowl on their face LOL as if they are blaming one another. They had to both got to work just like this.
    sv7P9sd.png
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    STILL haven't got the option of cleaning the dryer filter.
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited January 2018
    Boring.

The charm wore off on me after an hour of playing as I predicted it would, because it's literally just laundry.. nothing special about it, no skills. Nice CAS/build/buy items though and I do appreciate the detail put into the SP. Still sad about Off the Grid not winning, but hey, at least Laundry Day was given to me, because I wasn't going to shell out money for a laundry pack unless it went on sale.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Boring.

The charm wore off on me after an hour of playing as I predicted it would, because it's literally just laundry.. nothing special about it, no skills. Nice CAS/build/buy items though and I do appreciate the detail put into the SP. Still sad about Off the Grid not winning, but hey, at least Laundry Day was given to me, because I wasn't going to shell out money for a laundry pack unless it went on sale.

I agree. I wouldn't call this SP "fun", but it does add different and interesting game-play.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Boring.

You did laundry over and over for a real time hour? :D Pretty sure they only expect you to do it once or twice a Sim week, lol. I don't think there's any activity in the Sims I'd find fun after a whole hour of it, except for building.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Feet46 wrote: »
    Boring.

I agree. I wouldn't call this SP "fun", but it does add different and interesting game-play.

Agreed.
    Boring.

You did laundry over and over for a real time hour? :D Pretty sure they only expect you to do it once or twice a Sim week, lol. I don't think there's any activity in the Sims I'd find fun after a whole hour of it, except for building.

Lol nah. Not laundry by itself for an hour :lol: I've done it enough to get bored with it. Nevertheless, building laundry rooms is fun!
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I did not want or vote for laundry and I am really surprised to admit how much I am enjoying this pack. I like that it adds to my game without taking over. I also really enjoy the build/buy items. The only complaint I have is something about the Sims in general. They take the time to make these gorgeous plants and clutter items but I wish we had the option of having them separated. There would be so many more uses for them if they could be used alone instead of attached to each other or locked on a shelf.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I voted for laundry and I'm happy to have it; got introduced to it when I briefly played sims 3 and since then it's been a vital addition for me.
    Looking forward to seasons, I'm glad we have both a clothes line and a dryer; when seasons happens my sims will hang up the washing to dry during the warmer, sunnier times of year and dry them in the dryer during the colder/rainier times.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2018
    I made a review/game play video about it. I'm liking the pack overall!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJvvoBq38Nc&t=2s
  • Options
    bad1788bad1788 Posts: 42 Member
    To be honest, I was really disappointed that such an innovated idea like eco living was turned into adding laundry but after seeing an few B/B & Cas item overviews I really like the new items for building/decor. I was particularly impressed with the additional slot spaces on shelving/surface items and was happy to see the triple layer rugs were available individually and layered as I feel this is a common request I hear from builders on youtube/social media so it was nice to see the Guru's were listening.

I am forever going to lament my desire to see more bed/couch/counter options and I think laundry day would have been a nice time to give players more counter options and styles.

The clutter items are pretty great in this stuff pack as well, it hasn't jumped up to my must buy! level but after looking through the items it is in my will buy when on sale category.
  • Options
    bad1788bad1788 Posts: 42 Member
    Oh I almost forgot, I was pleasantly surprised with how much I love the clothesline I dunno what it is but seeing people's builds pop up with clotheslines just makes the whole game feel more homely and lived in. Even if I never have a Sim do laundry, I think I the lines would be come a staple in my builds.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I wish any of the other stuff won tbh I feel like Laundry is better as an optional free update

I only like the furniture and decor from the pack
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Welp, it's laundry. It's not great and it's not terrible.

Improved on from Sims 3, but it's still laundry. I like the furniture and clutter. The clothing choices are decent (though I still wanted those other pants for the males along with another hairstyle for them).

Least the dryer is a ticking time bomb for your sims to punish them for daring do laundry. :#

And they sniff other sims with stinky or good smelling clothes awkwardly.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    People are still commenting on this???? Once I got 52 notifications JUST from this thread. Aha.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Welp, it's laundry. It's not great and it's not terrible.

Improved on from Sims 3, but it's still laundry. I like the furniture and clutter. The clothing choices are decent (though I still wanted those other pants for the males along with another hairstyle for them).

Least the dryer is a ticking time bomb for your sims to punish them for daring do laundry. :#

And they sniff other sims with stinky or good smelling clothes awkwardly.

I'm weeks into playing with the same dryer and still haven't got any option to clean the lint filter.
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited January 2018
    @Francl27 You should have the option to clean the lint tray after a single use of the drier.

Did you by any chance upgrade your drier (made it Lint-Less)?
  • Options
    EtainiEtaini Posts: 2 New Member
    I really loved the concept but as soon as I purchased it I noticed so many issues. You can't use the washer with shelving above it? I also had a clean load of laundry that I couldn't put away, it only let me put it in the hamper. Once I put it in the hamper it said I couldn't do ANYTHING with it. Can't put it away and can't re-wash it as it's "already clean". :/
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I like it and despite having the 'can't do laundry from a full hamper bug' I'm still pleased I bought it. The one thing that irritates me though is the idle animations the sims do of flicking their clothes and then going 'bah' at the end of the animation... honestly could do without that a whole lot. Our sims have so many darn idle animations that with all dlc to date it is starting to take a very long time for sims to do some things as they have to run through all these invisibly stacked up idle animations before they can do what I've directed them to do @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDrake
    Please stop adding idle animations! It's becoming a bit nuts to play when you have all the dlc to date.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2018
    It's more in-depth than I thought that it would be. However, in the end, it's still...flippin' laundry.

So what if the laundry has different states? Are the Sims going through the hamper, smelling the clothes, and deciding which ones can still use another wear? No. Even if they did, it wouldn't matter because Sims have access to every single thing in the EA CAS inventory and it doesn't cost them a penny to get it. So why bother?

Even as a backdrop to storytelling, how often are there going to be scenes of someone doing laundry? I would really, really love some new and fresh things for Sims to do, places for them to go, and things for them to actually do when they get there. That would be nice.

Brindleton Bay is the poster child for the lost potential that is the hallmark of this version of the game. It's truly beautiful -- arguably, the most beautiful world to date. Still, that doesn't stop it from being vapid and empty. There's docks, but no working boats. There's beaches, but no sunbathing, no sandcastles, no fish fries. There's no clamming for dinner or riding horses through the shallows. There's little to nothing that can be done in that world that couldn't be done just as well somewhere else. There's some strays, a graveyard for animals that can't be used as anything but set dressing, and there's a lighthouse that shoots fireworks if your Sims get lucky. Whoopee!

This game needs something so much more. If the developers are running short on ideas, these boards are full of so many, I can't even begin to count them all.
    michelei wrote: »
    I did not want or vote for laundry and I am really surprised to admit how much I am enjoying this pack. I like that it adds to my game without taking over. I also really enjoy the build/buy items. The only complaint I have is something about the Sims in general. They take the time to make these gorgeous plants and clutter items but I wish we had the option of having them separated. There would be so many more uses for them if they could be used alone instead of attached to each other or locked on a shelf.

If you're the type of Simmer who doesn't mind mods, you really should check out Brazen Lotus' site. That creator has separated a lot of clutter items. It may be right up your alley: http://brazenlotus.tumblr.com/
    Post edited by Cynna on
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Since this pack won a vote-off then please don't let the community vote anymore!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Enjoyable. (not the bugs tho) :D
    I like the different cycles of wash. Filling of water, rinsing and spin cycle. Lovely added touch. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    azureowlazureowl Posts: 19 Member
    I would like it more if the units stop breaking every 2 uses. I have no clue why. I tried moving the washer/dryer into a new room. I replace them. I even moved to a new lot. Always breaks after 2 uses. I'm tired of it.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    It's not bad. I like having another chore for my sims to do. The build/buy items are nice. I'm getting too many playful moodlets in my game suddenly though.

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for the pack, but I don't regret buying it.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I would’ve bought it for the new women’s hairstyles alone. But I also really like the new house decor. I wish the machines fit better in apartments but other then that no complaints here.