Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    What about young adult/adult sims who didn't get/have these interactions and traits due to this pack not being released yet? Like, will the parents and them still be able to receive the new character traits and have new interactions?

I'd like to know this too. :) I'm assuming, until told otherwise, that they will receive some kind of default status that is neither good nor bad?

Maybe, that does make sense.
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    What about young adult/adult sims who didn't get/have these interactions and traits due to this pack not being released yet? Like, will the parents and them still be able to receive the new character traits and have new interactions?

I'd like to know this too. :) I'm assuming, until told otherwise, that they will receive some kind of default status that is neither good nor bad?

Maybe, that does make sense.

Wonder if we can use CAS cheat to give them some of these new traits?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There's 5 good traits and 5 bad ones.
    Your sims can receive 0 to 5 traits based on how they were raised.
    These could be all good, all bad, or a combo of both.
    from here
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Holey moley! I don't know if I'm more excited or scared. This adds a whole new level of complexity to the game. Actually, it's pretty cool. I'll go with excited ;-)
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    not sure if this question was asked yet but what happens with young adults and older who are created with create a sim how will they be affected by the new parenting system.
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    In the past I have found the gameplay of child sims VERY useless. As did the teen lifestage. This game pack certainly gives purpose! Really looking forward to this game pack, it seems to be adding worthwhile features!

The new Character values look really good. It reminds me of previous sims pets games - scolding or praising your pets on certain behaviours! Haha! :smile:

Great addition Sims teams! :smile:
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    not sure if this question was asked yet but what happens with young adults and older who are created with create a sim how will they be affected by the new parenting system.

IMO, I think if you create a new family in CAS (Mom, Dad, teen, child, toddler and one or more grandparents) then the "parenting" begins when you download them into your game and begin to play them. I also hope that when you go to play a pre-existing family you already have in the game, the new "parenting" starts at that moment. It's like any other pack we install. It begins when we play for the first time automatically. For example. with vampires, when we created our own in CAS and played them, they were vampires. If we played a nonvampire family, there was a chance of meeting or being bitten by a new vampire added to the game.
  • Options
    Quick question. Is there any way to undo our bad choices? lol Like if they age up to YA when the traits get set, is there a way to undo that later if people wish they hadn't went that route?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2017
    About that shower curtain (dunno if anyone's shared it yet)

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I have to admit, so far the pack seems pretty awesome.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    And Sims will also remember how individual family members treated them......Along with this, the relationship titles also introduce new social interactions between family members as well as updated autonomous behavior. So the way adult sims were treated when they were kids by individual family members dictates how they feel about them throughout adulthood.

That's awesome!
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Question: so one of the new traita/category revolves around empathy right? So that means they can become compassionate (im assuming is the "high empathetic" end) or end up with lack of empathy (or low amounts? Idk)?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    After growing up, how would a sim with a good parent act differently from a sim who had a neglected parent?

The traits they can receive upon aging to YA reflect how they were brought up.
    And Sims will also remember how individual family members treated them.

Check your kid's relationship panel after they age up to young adult. It will change the titles of their family based off their childhood experience. A sibling may become "Childhood Buds."
    A parent who was really good to you might become "Oh Captain My Captain."
    A parent who was not so great could be "Repressive Childhood."
    Grandparents get changed titles too.
    And lots more.

It's like the memories in TS2, pretty cool. :smile:

Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I think there's some conflicting information here @SimGuruNinja is saying one thing but this other SimGuru is saying the opposite. Ninja's said teens WOULD be able to parent and yet this other person says the opposite
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I think there's some conflicting information here @SimGuruNinja is saying one thing but this other SimGuru is saying the opposite. Ninja's said teens WOULD be able to parent and yet this other person says the opposite

Could you point to that? I haven't seen it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Another question, can these values be so obsessive a Sim could be overly empathetic even to an evil/blood sucking killer? Just wondering if they would be that naïve and or passive with the empathy value. :D

Might as well ask this one, too. Can you mix and match? Like say correct farting but not correcting cursing? How would that play out when they get their final trait as YA?
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Question: so one of the new traita/category revolves around empathy right? So that means they can become compassionate (im assuming is the "high empathetic" end) or end up with lack of empathy (or low amounts? Idk)?

Yeah. I imagine empathetic sims will be all like " oh, no, I hope everything works out for you" and the opposite will be total jerks " yeah, man, that's life, get over it".
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    paris_simmerparis_simmer Posts: 16 Member
    Do you think there is going to be any new lot traits added?
  • Options

Yeah. I imagine empathetic sims will be all like " oh, no, I hope everything works out for you" and the opposite will be total jerks " yeah, man, that's life, get over it".

This is going to be a hard choice for me. If I age down Barnabas so he can have certain values as a child and later as a vampire he doesn't have any empathy. But once cured, he does...so I'm wondering how I work all that. lol
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

This is going to be a hard choice for me. If I age down Barnabas so he can have certain values as a child and later as a vampire he doesn't have any empathy. But once cured, he does...so I'm wondering how I work all that. lol

You can give him "dampened emotions" power, so it will cancel out empathetic trait, maybe?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options

Could you point to that? I haven't seen it.

Aha! Found it. But I'm seeing the same from both?
    Teens cannot parent until they are Young Adults.
    -
    ^^Yes, we've expanded to allow any household sim (YA or older) to claim a teen or younger sim as their dependent.
    > - SimGuruNinja
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

You can give him "dampened emotions" power, so it will cancel out empathetic trait, maybe?

Didn't think of that one, thanks!
  • Options

Teens can be a caregiver for a toddler, which doesn't mean too much except that they'll constantly check on the toddler and the toddler will ask them for things. Being able to "parent" (discipline, teach manners, etc.) is different though and they have to be a YA or older to do that. There was a reference somewhere to using the select caregiver functionality from toddlers as a basis for setting it up so non-biological parents can "parent" kids in the gamepack, but it doesn't work exactly the same.
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    Will unplayed Sims get Character Values too ? And potentially the new traits upon aging up ? Or is that something that only played Sims will get ?

@SimGuruNinja I'm really curious to know this too. As someone who populates the world with a lot of families for my sims and their kids to interact with, I hope the other non-played families will get some of the traits upon aging up to make them more distinct.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top