Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    Will unplayed Sims get Character Values too ? And potentially the new traits upon aging up ? Or is that something that only played Sims will get ?

@SimGuruNinja I'm really curious to know this too. As someone who populates the world with a lot of families for my sims and their kids to interact with, I hope the other non-played families will get some of the traits upon aging up to make them more distinct.

I don't see how they would. These are given during the course of playing the game, so how could unplayed families earn these traits?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Will unplayed Sims get Character Values too ? And potentially the new traits upon aging up ? Or is that something that only played Sims will get ?

@SimGuruNinja I'm really curious to know this too. As someone who populates the world with a lot of families for my sims and their kids to interact with, I hope the other non-played families will get some of the traits upon aging up to make them more distinct.

I don't see how they would. These are given during the course of playing the game, so how could unplayed families earn these traits?

Same way they learn to cook even if you don't play them. If check on unplayed Sims, they have a few skills, surely this affects them, too. I hope so.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member

I can ask this question pack "how can other parents give YOUR sim parents tips if they unplayed families don't get character traits as well?"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

I said will they "get" the traits....not will they "earn" them. Big difference. Teen ages up into Young Adult....a roll occurs on each of the 5 types of character values...certain percentage chance of the positive trait, the negative trait or no trait on that character value. It's pretty easy programming. It's just a question of whether they did that or not.
    edited May 2017
    You should be able to cheat Character Value traits onto Sims.

Perfect! Thanks for the response. This will be great for customizing distinct families throughout our neighborhoods to interact with. Plus, helps with customizing existing sims that are already adults in existing saves.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • treble17treble17 Posts: 50 Member
    Is the parenting skill a skill that can only be learned once sims become parents, or can it be learned by any young adult sims whether they have children or not? Is it a skill that is available to teens, too, should they be interested in learning it?
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    *gasp*
    WTP Luth?!

Oh well, I can never stay angry with you. :blush:
    @SimGuruNinja can you name all of the traits that come in the pack, please?:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @PrincessVee If you are talking about character values (the new kinds of traits) they are in the blog post. "Character Values are Manners, Responsibility, Conflict Resolution, Empathy, and Emotional Control".
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @PrincessVee If you are talking about character values (the new kinds of traits) they are in the blog post. "Character Values are Manners, Responsibility, Conflict Resolution, Empathy, and Emotional Control".

No I think she means the 10 permanent traits they can get based on those 5 character values. I'd kind of like to know too ^^
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

No I think she means the 10 permanent traits they can get based on those 5 character values. I'd kind of like to know too ^^

Yes, I meant the character value traits, not the character values themselves.
    There's 10 of them. And so far we only know about 3.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Ah okay, sorry, I misunderstood.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Will a nanny be able to parent? And if so, can we assign him/her a specific parenting style?
    edited May 2017
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Will a nanny be able to parent? And if so, can we assign him/her a specific parenting style?

I would assume the answer is "no" unless you move them into the household...otherwise, you'd have no control over the nanny so you wouldn't be able to direct them to take certain parenting options. But there could be some general parenting type reactions added to respond to certain situations.
    I like the fact that we can teach kids to say please and thank you now!
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I spot a new toy in the corner of this picture. It looks like a baby doll. :)sims%204%20pic_zps7z6yjp4z.png
    That doll looks creepy I guess I have watched to many creepy doll movies. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I spot a new toy in the corner of this picture. It looks like a baby doll. :)

That's one of the variants for the Doctor Playset

Awesome! I can't wait to jump into this pack. I'm soooo excited.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @SimGuruNinja can we take the kids school projects and add them to a community lot for everyone to see like a science fair building?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top