Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    After growing up, how would a sim with a good parent act differently from a sim who had a neglected parent?

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @SimGuruNinja what kind of punishments we have?

Time-outs, grounding (you choose the activities they're grounded from), curfews, and a LOT of various discipline type socials.

Out of curiosity, could sim parents also punish children for certain positive behaviour? Say mommy grew up with really bad manners, could she only teach it to her children passively by not correcting theirs, or more actively, by discouraging being nice and polite andwhatnot? Cause that'd be fun ^^
    So are we.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    So are we.

I have no idea how you were so restrained with that. None at all.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited May 2017
    What about young adult/adult sims who didn't get/have these interactions and traits due to this pack not being released yet? Like, will the parents and them still be able to receive the new character traits and have new interactions?
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm usually like the nicest sim parent ever but I'm itching to go for response 3 on this one :lol:
    lol_zpspojajgvr.png

So happy you saw that. Makes me chuckle every time I see that option.

That third one sounds like a Dad option to me. :D
    So are we.

I have no idea how you were so restrained with that. None at all.

Hahaha ikr. Wait, let me try again:

SO ARE WE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Please continue to share info with us (or the pack, JUST GO FOR THE PACK)
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    After growing up, how would a sim with a good parent act differently from a sim who had a neglected parent?

The traits they can receive upon aging to YA reflect how they were brought up.
    And Sims will also remember how individual family members treated them.

Check your kid's relationship panel after they age up to young adult. It will change the titles of their family based off their childhood experience. A sibling may become "Childhood Buds."
    A parent who was really good to you might become "Oh Captain My Captain."
    A parent who was not so great could be "Repressive Childhood."
    Grandparents get changed titles too.
    And lots more.

Along with this, the relationship titles also introduce new social interactions between family members as well as updated autonomous behavior. So the way adult sims were treated when they were kids by individual family members dictates how they feel about them throughout adulthood.

*pant pant*
    I went a little off the rails there. Sorry. Excited.

This pack sounds EPIC!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Are we there yet?!?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Will unplayed Sims get Character Values too ? And potentially the new traits upon aging up ? Or is that something that only played Sims will get ?
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    imhappy wrote: »

The traits they can receive upon aging to YA reflect how they were brought up.
    And Sims will also remember how individual family members treated them.

Check your kid's relationship panel after they age up to young adult. It will change the titles of their family based off their childhood experience. A sibling may become "Childhood Buds."
    A parent who was really good to you might become "Oh Captain My Captain."
    A parent who was not so great could be "Repressive Childhood."
    Grandparents get changed titles too.
    And lots more.

Along with this, the relationship titles also introduce new social interactions between family members as well as updated autonomous behavior. So the way adult sims were treated when they were kids by individual family members dictates how they feel about them throughout adulthood.

*pant pant*
    I went a little off the rails there. Sorry. Excited.

OH.MY.GOD!!! All of this is making me want to cry tears of joy. All of it is beyond awesome! Every new thing I learn about this pack is making me even more excited. This is going to be the best possible pack for me. I can't wait!

@SimGuruNinja what kind of punishments we have?

Time-outs, grounding (you choose the activities they're grounded from), curfews, and a LOT of various discipline type socials.

Out of curiosity, could sim parents also punish children for certain positive behaviour? Say mommy grew up with really bad manners, could she only teach it to her children passively by not correcting theirs, or more actively, by discouraging being nice and polite andwhatnot? Cause that'd be fun ^^

I'm so glad you asked. YES!

Say you were a kid with terrible manners and became an adult with the Bad Manners trait. Well this trait allows you to positively reinforce bad manners in your own kids. So when they start burping; you can totally encourage and praise them for doing the "bad" thing and conversely can punish them for exhibiting good manners.

hehehehe

That's what I wanted to hear.

Good, I'll have to make some plans >:)>:)
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member

I'm really loving all about this GP, but I have a question. I want to know if vampire parents have options to encourage their kids to drink plasma from other Sims, or plasma juices. Or to use their powers and abilities to do good as "restore vital spirit," or to harm them. Because vampires also have family, you know. My vampire is a mother now, and it would be cool for her to encourage some vampiric things for her son. Are there any similar options for vampire parents in this GP?
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I love <3 the new gameplay object with a clock on it.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I doubt there will be vampire-specific interactions because game packs usually don't mesh with each other that much. But I'm planning on bringing my vampire children up to have good manners but no empathy, and probably low responsibility.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @SimGuruNinja, I'm so glad you are here to answer questions a lot of info I wanted to know, others have already asked. So, it sounds like a pack for me and my deviant side. >:) of course I wouldn't discriminate and not have at least one good parent in the whole town. :D But I can't wait to see how badly many households can do with this system. :#>:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    The trailer is absolutely awesome. Can´t wait for the pack to come out.

@SimGuruNinja: Will there also be a new hairstyle for toddlers? Didn´t spot any in the trailers and screenshots so far.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    What about young adult/adult sims who didn't get/have these interactions and traits due to this pack not being released yet? Like, will the parents and them still be able to receive the new character traits and have new interactions?

I'd like to know this too. :) I'm assuming, until told otherwise, that they will receive some kind of default status that is neither good nor bad?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Holy crap. Character Values look amazing. This could shape up to be exactly what people have been asking for in terms of traits that define sims and make them feel more unique. Not to mention the parenting process itself, of course.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    edited May 2017
    Triplis wrote: »
    Holy plum. Character Values look amazing. This could shape up to be exactly what people have been asking for in terms of traits that define sims and make them feel more unique. Not to mention the parenting process itself, of course.

I think you are right. And why I felt it would change people's games more than they first realized back at the announcement trailer.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Ooooh! This is the second time in TS4 history I get goosebumps from excitement. First time was when toddler patch dropped. THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!
    Ooooh! This is the second time in TS4 history I get goosebumps from excitement. First time was when toddler patch dropped. THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!

Instead of bad things come in threes, I have changed it to good things come in threes. The last three GPs have been amazing with DO, Vampires and now Parenthood. :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Instead of bad things come in threes, I have changed it to good things come in threes. The last three GPs have been amazing with DO, Vampires and now Parenthood. :)

Let's hope good things don't come in threes or the next GP will be horrible. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top