Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruSarah wants our idea for new toddler objects!

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'd simply find it interesting for more Objects Styles like the styles from the Base Game and other Add Ons' to have their own Toddler objects, like the mission style toddler objects.

Yes! And we need an alien and vampire toddler bed.
  • Options
    BbearBbear Posts: 55 Member
    i love all these amazing ideas! most of mine have already been suggested. Maybe just some more of the basic furniture, other types of high chairs, wardrobes, toys, beds, shelves, rugs, curtains, seats and potties in lots of different furniture styles. Maybe they can do a toddler stuff pack, kinda like kids room stuff? That'd be cute :) and more cas objects, hair, clothes, shoes, you name it. i love the ideas for playground equipment, sand boxes, kiddie pools and "dress up" boxes that were listed above :) so many good ideas!!! :)
    <3 We have TODDLERS!!!
  • Options
    jellybEAnsim123jellybEAnsim123 Posts: 21 Member
    Playground equipment, strollers, and more toys with better interactions please :smiley:
  • Options
    MouseBreaker2000MouseBreaker2000 Posts: 2 New Member
    In need of the basics in Outdoor Retreat... A toddler bed, high chair and potty...
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    In need of the basics in Outdoor Retreat... A toddler bed, high chair and potty...

You can just put them in though?
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Kiddie Pools!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited February 2017
    Ok, so everyone already pretty much gave all the best ideas but I'm just going to add my vote to some of these. With pictures!! :tongue: I did a similar thing on the "Ideas at a glance for toddlers" thread last year. Here it is.

Toy cars, bikes and tricycles.

GbnULwV.png

Other toys in general.

mlzF3tC.png

Mini playground objects.
    To use at home mostly.

5gKiI3y.png

Regular playground objects for parks.
    Functional for children too.

r7wZmxF.png

A new venue that is toddler friendly with toddler activities.
    NPC families could go there with their toddlers too. Also, a "toddler zone" to add to community lots in general.

OIFocJ4.png

More outdoor toys and objects.
    Specially involving water. Maybe could come with Seasons?

WMxqad4.png

Also need toddler gates really bad! And/or an option to lock doors for toddlers only.
    Post edited by bythedreadwolf on
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Now with 8 pages of ideas, I hope they get what they were looking for, I am wondering if all this stuff will be in a SP for Toddlers, if so I hope that they add in more hair styles and clothes as well for the lil Tots, :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    here's an idea pre-talking toddlers should be able to "understand" animals
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Spring riders and kiddie pools
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Wow.. the suggestions are overwhelming, I want what everybody wants! :D but the kiddie pool and toddler playground are my favourites.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    Aha! Here's the thread I was looking for!
    I posted this in the Ideas for Toddlers thread, so I'll move it over to this one:

After playing with my toddlers for a while now, I'd like to say thank you to the team.

They are adorable, you did a great job with our tots!

With that said, I remember someone asking for input about new objects we'd like to see added in a future pack, and I'd like to add my ideas here.
    I tweeted this, but tweets are hard to work with, so here's a neater list:

- I'll second the request to bathe two toddlers in the tub at the same time, please!

– Play Dress Up with parents clothes- available for dressers and closets
    (Both can wear anything regardless of gender: boy can wear dad's tie and over-large hat, or mom's bonnet and heels / girl can wear mom's giant dress, or dad's work boots holding the laces to walk)

- Draw On Doors / Draw On Floor Mirrors

– Kiddie Pools / Arm-floaties for big pool / parents teach them to swim (hidden swimming skill?)
    (Kiddie pools would also be great for dogs to play in or be bathed in)

– Playground Horse

– Play In Sandbox / Play In Planter (during which hygiene tanks and they need a bath afterwards)
    (They would lean into the round one, and sit in the square one)

– Pick A Flower or Pick Flowers (goes into their inventory), Dig Up Garden (ruins target plant)

– Play With [statue] (with a chance of breaking it)

For Tots & Kids:

- Seesaw for toddlers and children

- Slides for toddlers and children

- Swings for toddlers and children

- Play Tag / Chase / Hide-n-Seek / Cops & Robbers
    (Kids play correctly, toddlers play poorly until they max a few skills, then they play better but still not correctly) ;)

- 2 kids can Play Catch
    - 2 kids + a toddler can Play Monkey In The Middle.

– Puzzles / Paper & Crayons that can be used on the floor, lying on their stomach and elbows, kicking their feet in the air while they color or fit together puzzle pieces
    (And the option for adults to create cute wooden puzzles at the carving table! And usable/playable wooden toys in multiple wood-tones!)

- Teach/Learn Nursery Rhymes
    (Child & Toddler Singing skills!)

Toddler->Elder hair available for all ages, PLEASE. Patch in current hair for each age, and make every new pack hair compatible with all ages!

***And above all, please remember that (I at least) would prefer more sim to sim interaction over new interactions tied to objects. This is an important distinction. New toys and objects are great, but if the only thing two children can do is talk or play with a specific object, it can be very limiting.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edd279a2b0c869b93932a0abb45a722c.jpg

so toddler Sims living in apartments can get plenty of fresh air.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Rocking chairs.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Someone said voidcritters don't you think they are a little to young to be doing that?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited February 2017
    twin and multiple baby, toddler beds. and cots for toddlers. I looked on google images and there are loads of gorgeous ones.
    my favourite is this one
    images_zpsezvvbs4w.jpg
    I know it looks like rabbit hutches, but for sims in a 2tile space, I think its perfect.
    or this one, could be used by a toddles and children,
    images2XU9E1B3_zpslxvyjxqd.jpg
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2017
    Maybe when you go swimming, you can get an Inner Tube accessory to add to your outfit? Or armbands? For adults too. Not that it would stop you drowning but it would look appropriate.

Toddlers have movement skills, but they son't have a hand-eye co-ordination skill, like the baby equivalent of exercise. Maybe a ball to play with? Sim Toddlers can boost their co-ordination skills by throwing the ball to each other, or with an adult. If they're not good enough, it drops and lands at their feet. Too many times and you might get a negative moodlet. Learning to use scissors and glue in an arts and crafts table, and if they're not good enough, they make a mess.

A tiny bath that is more appropriate for a baby. A potty that needs to be emptied into the trash since it's not hooked up to actual plumbing.

For toddlers to be more artistic - they have their own easel/art desk, and it boosts their imagination to play at it, but Wild Toddlers are just as likely to create a mess around it (tearing up paper and throwing it around) that must be cleaned up, even with high skills.

An interactable tree-house, or perhaps two options for it, one more expensive. Two Toddlers can play in it at a time. Silly and Wild Toddlers would love it.

For Toddlers with the Fussy trait to be fussy about their food - they may decide they don't like what you're cooking that day and not just be defiant but knock it on the floor, so it has to be cleaned up. It may be tough to get them to eat unless they're in the red, unless you can work out what foods they like best.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    edited February 2017
    Toddlers should be able to go swimming as long as they have floaties, but the parents should teach them how to swim, but be careful, toddlers get fatigued after 3 sim hours in the water, you will notice them leave with an uncancelable action, also, if you put a wall around the pool, to try to drown the toddler, he/she will teleport out of the pool.

Toddlers could go to restraunts and tantrum and misbehave until parents teach them to behave, Angelic toddlers Tantrum and misbehave less often and are easier to train whilst fussy Toddlers are harder to train and misbehave more often. Misbehaviour includes, not being patient for food, being rude to the waiter, Tantrems and throwing food around, if it gets another Sim that sim will get a little tense. Misbehaving Toddlers can get scolded by a parent, or adult in charge, it will go under learning, not mean, then the toddler can say sorry and give the adult a hug.

Waiters should serve toddlers meals that 2-5 year olds eat, toddlers can choose when asked, a pop up appears for you to pick out of 3-5 meal choices, then, a few sim minutes later the waiter appears and gives them food, Toddlers, Children and Elders always get served first before Teens, Young Adults and Adults.

Toddlers can misbehave at home, misbehaviour includes not wanting to go to bed, demanding things, going out in cold without layers of clothes(seasons) and being mean to adults (includes YA, Adult, Elder) and other toddlers and Children and Teens. Also Babies with a new mean interaction for toddlers.
    Punishment (initiated by player) can include, naughty step where the kid goes to timeout for 30 sim minutes and then apologises, no Freezer Bunny Tablet for 1 sim day, no play dates for 2 sim days.

Parents can schedule a play date or group of either two parents and there respective Toddlers, or 3-4 parents with their toddlers, the Toddlers can play, be mean etc. and the parents can chat over coffee whilst watching the Toddlers. These Play dates can be scheduled for a certain day and time, it can also be the same each week and parents can take in turns hosting, some people may not come some weeks.

Parents can reward their Toddlers by giving them hugs, a new toy, or treats.

New Toddler beds based on the fancy expensive bed, a toddler kitchen.

Toddlers can run a lemonade stand with a Child or Teen, Sims from around the worlds will come and buy some lemonade, they can tell your sims whether it tastes good, if people don't like the lemonade the toddler can get sad and cry a little, having a toddler to help makes more people come, and puts the price up from $2 for a cup of lemonade to $2.20.

Toddlers can have Piggy Banks, which can come in 3 styles, the Toddlers can store their own money in them away from the household kit, Parents can then go with their toddler to a store that has toys, etc. with GTW, otherwise the toddler goes to an offscreen lolly shop, and buys a couple of sweets. With GTW, stores can sell lollies.

In a pack you could make lollies and if you have GTW sell them, Toddlers can help with the making of lollies and watch.

Toddlers should be able to help the parents cook by getting veggies out, once the parent cuts them, the toddler can put the veggies in a put on the counter, then the Toddler watches as the parent does the rest.

Post edited by DcD2510 on
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    Play kitchen-
    inuse:KD894.jpg
    Toy trains-
    8beb19e387af56c7ce110a066f6dfb9e.jpg
    Dolls-
    6277_hi.jpg
    Rocking horse-
    $_35.JPG?set_id=2

Plus I think there should be a stuff pack just for playground equipment for toddlers and kids with slides, swings, etc.

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Ball pit that can be placed at home or on a public lot like a park for several toddlers to play in.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    How about a swim suit for toddlers so they can learn to swim in pools with their parents or a grown up? Another was to build the movement skill
    Playpens
    The drawing table that was in 2 and 3
    Strollers (without the glitches)
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    Tinabina74Tinabina74 Posts: 4 New Member
    thinking playground equipment sandbox, slide, teeter totter..( i know spelling that wrong) rocking horse for inside, maybe a kiddie pool too
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    doll to sleep with
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Crayon box. So they can draw on the walls! Or better yet, marker, and if they use it in a bad mood there's a chance theyll draw on themselves, and older sims will bathe them.

Tea set (for kids and toddlers) so they can host tea parties with siblings and the giant teddy! :)

Step stools, so they can wash their hands. Every toddler I know loves to wash their hands.

Not really an object but they should be able to spin around in desk chairs and get dizzy. If they have a low movement skill, there is a chance to get sick.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    so toddler Sims living in apartments can get plenty of fresh air.
    Please be kidding.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top