Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruSarah wants our idea for new toddler objects!

Comments

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Baby inflatable pools! o:)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    Highchairs and service in restaurants. Finger paints and child easel. Some night gowns for baby girls and long dresses. Gardening tool to help parents in the garden. Sandboxes for toddlers. Toddler pool. Sit and spin toy. Finger foods like toddler cookies. Toddler play kitchen for a playroom or yard - maybe even a toddler playhouse. Dolls like Raggedy Andy and Raggedy Ann. More hairs - a few long styles would be cute. Socks - like knee socks. Toddler tea set and dishes to have little Tea parties. Balls for toddlers to roll to each other.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DuvernoyLysisDuvernoyLysis Posts: 28 Member
    A teddy bear with which they can sleep, or a cuddly toy they can bring everywhere ...
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Strollers, more CAS items, coloring table, slide, pacifier, stuffed animal to cuddle with in bed & tricycles.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I want the TS3 peg box and the xylophone back.

I also want Mr Snugglesworth back - ie a teddy that can go in their inventories for cuddle-times at night.

Toddlers need a group activity, like the 4 toddler drawing table thing in TS3 - this also allows children to join toddlers in the fun.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Playground stuff for the park!

Swings!

Sandbox for castles and mudpies. Hmm.... depending on how many toddlers you want to be able to fit into a sandbox it could become quite big. Don't know if there should be a small one to have on the yard or a larger one that a whole group can play together in.

img_1792-0.jpg?w=1000
    A toddlerslide.

I want to have something to do with my toddlers in the park for family-fun on the weekens.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I suggested a school EP for all lifestages
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Ok not a new object but a playgroup or so tghing would be perfect
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I saw a thought bubble with play-doh in it today. I wonder if that's something they plan on adding as an item in the future? I think it'd be so cute to see the toddlers squishing it between their chubby little fingers! :love: Maybe they could even sculpt things with the help of their parents/siblings. This, along with an easy bake oven set and I'd probably cry from the cuteness overload. :smiley:
  • Options
    queenomeanoqueenomeano Posts: 90 Member
    I'm trying to think of things I use in everyday life with my 2 year old.

Strollers definitely
    Crayons
    Peg puzzles
    Ride on toys
    I love the playing in box idea
    Maybe being able to bash on pots and pans?
    Teddies and Dolls
    That's all I can think of now, also as I type this my 2 year old has stolen the PC mouse and is pretending its a car...
    Add me on twitter and twitch: plusle28
  • Options
    00Nur00Nur Posts: 84 Member
    I'm hoping for baby gates and baby enclosures, myself.

If I have to drag that baby out of the auto shop one more time.....
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    - Dressing up box!
    - Paddling pool
    - Sand pit
    - Wendy house
    - Tree house? Although I guess that's more children than toddlers...
    - Arts and crafts table - I want macaroni artwork EVERYWHERE
    - Playground equipment that toddlers can use as well as children (swings/slides)
    - Lots more room decorations and beds
    - Lots more hairstyles and clothes
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Rather than more objects, why not make more have multiple uses.
    I'd like toddlers to be able to use the art table for chilren.

And it'd be nice if toddlers could climb up on a chair at the don't wake the llama table, and destroy the game, even when others are playing it.

Something like the Hills accident waiting to happen swing set with a slide on the side.
    With a kiddie seat for toddlers, but the rest of it being usable for children and teens... and adults who are a child at heart.
    Hills%20Lemur%20Swing%20Set%20-%20Play%20Gym.jpg

I'd also like toddlers to be able to eat dirt, and play with sticks and leaves

I also want tea sets where dad can sit on a wobbly too small chair and share an imaginary cup of tea with his little girl and her army of stuffed animal friends.
    I like this idea, but I imagine todders having tea with child age sibling, and maybe dragging in a parent or teen sibling
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Oh! And more beds! Like..what is it called in english..gosh! Bed with high bars as "walls" to prevent toddlers from leaving it.
    Also a "cage" (without a roof) to put your toddler in when he/she has been behaving badly.
    We call those beds a cot in Australia, and I could climb out of mine when I was one, so they don't do a very good job of keeping some toddlers in. B)

jude72pla wrote: »
    Small piano
    YES!!
    Schroeder_Piano.png
    needs to be usable by children too!

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Is the xylophone already in the game?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Is the xylophone already in the game?

No.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    OH OH CARMATS

getDynamicImage.aspx?path=728892x.jpg&w=600&h=660
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Toddler pool and swimming attire.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Tricycles, toddler pools, play pens, would be nice to keep those wandering toddlers in one spot now and again, strollers, changing tables, ROCKING HORSES (who ever said this; you're awesome!) also rocking chairs but those are not really toddlerish are they? Sand pits, playground equipment.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there's more.

--T
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Finger paining at the art easle thing.

Maybe even the capacity for a toddler to put their paw prints on an unfinished painting that a Sim has been creating - ie ruining it.
  • Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited January 2017
    Strollers, Kiddie pools, play pens, rocking horses, play ground equipment, finger painting and coloring books and changing tables. Also like more kid and toddler friendly items like a play house, play mats, and tea sets to play make believe with dolls and or other Sims in the family. Bring back jumping on couches and beds.
    Omg we need a generations pack so badly now that we have toddlers.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    More hair/clothing plz!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Paddling pools
    Water wings and swimwear
    Swings (and for kids)
    Toddler slide
    Bouncy rides like in ts3
    Teddy bears and dolls (cuddlable at night)
    Strollers (we also need mini strollers for kids to push bears or dolls in)
    Finger painting books/pages or colouring with crayons/access to the kids art table
    Toddler options with the clay
    Toy garage (similar to the dolls house maybe but not as big lol)
    Tea set
    Dressing up costumes box
    Small ball pit
    Play pen
    Push along and pull along toys
    Security blanket
    Tricycles
    Sandpit (and for kids)
    Stairgates/door gates lockable to exclude toddlers
    Toy kitchen
    Wendy house (and for kids) or pop up play tent, with open front so you can see them inside
    Shape sorter
    Toy tool kit to help mum or dad fix things
    Boat for the bath
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Also, could we have that rainbow ring stacking thingy for a toy?

you mean this:

9f3b2f946070e76a002dac17b8da63e9.jpg

my ideas a play kitchen that even "elementary" school kids can also use as well as well as any teen+ who has the childish trait.

Yeah, that. I don't know the name for it though.
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I don't know how to say this in English so description time! When I was little we used to put blankets over chairs, tables pretty much anything that ensured space underneath the blankets and then play inside it.

Not all Sims are rich enough to buy a lot of toys just like some people, but almost everyone has blankets and a bit of furniture, so it would be nice to have toddlers and kids use their fantasy and built their own little 'fort' or maybe it's a castle to them or a piratesship, who knows?
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't know how to say this in English so description time! When I was little we used to put blankets over chairs, tables pretty much anything that ensured space underneath the blankets and then play inside it.

Not all Sims are rich enough to buy a lot of toys just like some people, but almost everyone has blankets and a bit of furniture, so it would be nice to have toddlers and kids use their fantasy and built their own little 'fort' or maybe it's a castle to them or a piratesship, who knows?

Yes! My sis and I did this when we were kids. all the time when our room got messy. So we would build a fort out of all our covers, toys and dolls.
    Maybe since its the Sims it can be a item with 2 or three chairs with a blanket/cover over them and kids and toddlers could crawl under and read or play make believe.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top