Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruSarah wants our idea for new toddler objects!

Comments

• MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Oh! And more beds! Like..what is it called in english..gosh! Bed with high bars as "walls" to prevent toddlers from leaving it.
    Also a "cage" (without a roof) to put your toddler in when he/she has been behaving badly.
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Oh! And more beds! Like..what is it called in english..gosh! Bed with high bars as "walls" to prevent toddlers from leaving it.
    Also a "cage" (without a roof) to put your toddler in when he/she has been behaving badly.

you mean a crib? and I think the term you want for "cage" is play pen?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    An awesome for all of these ideas! The things I would like for a toddler pack are already pretty much covered here. I want all the things!!! :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    I think toddler play equipment is my #1 - we have 3 different types of outdoor play equipment for kids but nothing for toddlers - swings and slides that both ages could use would be amazing.
    A hide and seek / peek a boo interaction would be so cute! Even if it was just between kids and toddlers! Sibling bonding!
    Even before clothes a few more hairs would be nice. But clothes would never be turned down either! And whoever said costumes? This! I spent more time in costume than clothes as a toddler - my choice, I liked to dress up. At least a hat option like a tiara or a cowboy hat would be amazing !
    As a toddler I played in boxes - never mind the toys gimme the box! So a box fort would be cool - or even the option for Toddlers to hide in a dress up box! (The toy boxes we have aren't big enough for this interaction!) oh! Speaking of, can toddlers use the play in interaction on closets like kids? If they can't, they should!
    Teddy bear or doll that is smaller, portable, and can be dressed up - toddler has option to share toddler food with it!
    Spring riders or a horse head on a stick thing (I can't remember the name and now that I've described it it sounds horrifying, lol)
    Play mats!
    Giant cars/trucks that they can roll on ground.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Everything mentioned in this thread as an idea. I want all of it. :tongue:

Actually, I think the ones that really stand out to me are the Tricycle and Sandbox. Which, unfortunately, are probably two of the most complicated to implement the functionality for. Then again, Sandbox might just be a lot of animation sequences. Tricycle, I don't know if there's even code for having a sim ride on an object (unless I'm blanking hardcore, I don't think there is in the game yet, unless it's hidden in the studio's WIP).
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    :o There are so many things I would like to have, but I'm going to limit it to the things I want the most.

Passies please, oh please <3<3
    blankies <3<3
    dolls= baby doll and a rag doll
    playpen

If you have the time and want to throw it in:
    Ability to say "I wuv ou" and have parents say it back.
    Kiss ability for parents/toddlers.
    pat on the head
    No matter how many we got, I always got excited in S3 when the store had a new spring rider in a set; just loved them. I don't know why, but it was one of my wow items for kids. So glad you are looking into this. :p
  • amanda88mamanda88m Posts: 39 Member
    #1. Mini cars for toddlers to ride in (Please! I would absolutely love this to see my toddler zooming around outside, reeking havoc, in a mini car).

Sandbox, bouncy house, stroller, drawing mat, coloring books, tiny play pool, little toy oven, mini lemonade stand (this could be for children too), ball pit

and, please bring back the rubber ducky from sims 3 :)
  • chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    A Spring Rider for home or the park (like the ones they had in S3... and also some play equipment or swings for the park :)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    A mother's club or a mommy and me type of club, pacifier, stroller for like going on a stroll around neighborhood or when they go to the park they can nap, rocking chair, playground for toddlers, more drinks like orange juice. Drawing table, block off gate, baby monitors.
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Tot sized table and chairs
    Wading pool
    Ball pit
    Small piano
    Rocking chairs so adults can rock their tots
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Floats!! I want to see my toddlers swimming
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Life size play house for toddlers and kids to play inside, and Sims version of an EZ bake oven for toddlers and kids. It would be cute seeing toddlers and kids play house. :blush:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Quite a few have mentioned strollers, I would love to see this type of stroller added.

DoubleStroller_copy.jpg

A portable crib that can be put in a parent's personal inventory. This would be good for any type of outing, including camping.

98156c.jpg

hd-081_1z.jpg

My toddlers are always trying to wander off to the great outdoors. Yes I know we can lock them in, but anyways.

Evenflo-Position-and-Lock-Tall-Child-Gate-L14187513.jpg

My son loved this thing, I'm not sure of the official name, but we called it a bouncy bounce.

modern-baby-swings-and-bouncers.jpg

A dining chair booster seat.

1208818.jpg

Or something like this.

wood-booster-seat-chair-with-natural-finish-unassembled.jpg

Or this.

toddler-dining-chair-booster-seat-5442856-1_300X225.jpg
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    Walk along toys they can pull or push and helps built movement faster.
    Black board/painting easel and finger painting. build imagination.
    Cool little private tepees for sleep and play.
    sprinklers for water play and swim suits, paddling pools.
    and of course more hairs, shoes and clothes.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    - Small toddler cars like Barbie cars, police cars, mini firetrucks
    - instruments to build skills like the xylophone, a mini trumpet, baby drums...
    - A mini bowling set, like a plastic bowl with the plastic bowling pins for toddlers
    - playground stuff (for toddlers and kids)
    - board games that toddlers can play too... maybe operation? Hungry hipppos?
    - Easybake oven
    - An activity table for groups of toddlers, where they can do macaroni art, glitter art, do drawings that can go on the fridge, play with play doh, make greeting cards, etc
    - costume chest
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I also want tea sets where dad can sit on a wobbly too small chair and share an imaginary cup of tea with his little girl and her army of stuffed animal friends.

I have a picture of me as a toddler with my dad doing this!!! He is 6'5 so its pretty funny to see him sitting in that chair!!

I definitely second this, for sentiment. (:

Oh, and kiddie pool. I LOVE that idea!
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    I would like for them Devs to look at everything Toddlers have in Sims Freeplay and make it for the toddies in TS4. :)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Suggestions;

Kiddie Pool
    Walker
    Miniature Playground
    Toddler sized cars for them to ride around In
    Tree Swing
    Chulk to draw with
    Life Sized Dolls for them to carry around

• JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited January 2017
    Toddler Pool
    Chalkboard
    Toddler Water Paints
    Toddler size dining table
    Bouncy House
    Snack Fridge for tots
    Tricycles
    Toddler TV they can turn on and watch themselves
    Beach balls
    Dolls
    Trucks
    Pacifiers

I have not read the thread so some of these might be repeats..also I do not have twitter so if you could pass these on I'd appreciate it.

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Gosh It would be something I had growing up as a 90s kid.

- I loved my Pio-Chi robot dog I had. I actually think I still have it.
    poo_chi-16.JPG
    There was Furby, which bears all creepy resemblance to today's Hatchimals.
    Other than those two, and All the TV Shows, and computer games. I can't remember much.
    There was I remember playing Paper Mario. and Going to Disney World.
    and these are all my earliest memories, which was about 18-20 years ago.
    I had a swingset in my back yard, which (fun fact) is rusting in my back yard.

Now I'm going to list all ages can actually use.
    basically all Hobbies
    Sprinklers.
    Soccer ball, or any sports.

I had a Meowchi and I still do. :D

This exact color:
    Meow-Chi-24.JPG
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    Dang everyone has such awesome ideas. I'd prolly just be repeating alot of them. Let's see:

Strollers yes. Maybe one that holds two toddlers at a time? That might be hard though.
    Tricycles. (even though there's no bikes)
    Small pool. Like a blow up/plastic one.
    AND/OR water wings/tube floaty for pool.
    Playground equipment. (for toddlers & kids) Swings, slides, play house, sandbox etc.
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    I think toddler play equipment is my #1 - we have 3 different types of outdoor play equipment for kids but nothing for toddlers - swings and slides that both ages could use would be amazing.
    A hide and seek / peek a boo interaction would be so cute! Even if it was just between kids and toddlers! Sibling bonding!
    Even before clothes a few more hairs would be nice. But clothes would never be turned down either! And whoever said costumes? This! I spent more time in costume than clothes as a toddler - my choice, I liked to dress up. At least a hat option like a tiara or a cowboy hat would be amazing !
    As a toddler I played in boxes - never mind the toys gimme the box! So a box fort would be cool - or even the option for Toddlers to hide in a dress up box! (The toy boxes we have aren't big enough for this interaction!) oh! Speaking of, can toddlers use the play in interaction on closets like kids? If they can't, they should!
    Teddy bear or doll that is smaller, portable, and can be dressed up - toddler has option to share toddler food with it!
    Spring riders or a horse head on a stick thing (I can't remember the name and now that I've described it it sounds horrifying, lol)
    Play mats!
    Giant cars/trucks that they can roll on ground.

A box would be awesome because cats love boxes too!
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    Boxes! How cute. I'm suddenly remembering the episode of Rugrats when Tommy's dad is trying to build the Kiddy Carnival or whatever and the kids were only interested in the box! They imagined themselves being in a cave, racecar, a house, a spaceship! So cute!! That would be a great imagination skill!
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    What about playhouses or toy kitchen sets.

Singing and talking dolls

I can't remember if there is one but what about a complete toddler tv station. Where they have nothing but cartoons that are somewhat educational but still fun for the little ones.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    Ooooh! Hmm... definitely some playground equipment..the "baby swings" to go along with the "big kid" swings that we already have.

Maybe a sandbox or something with a few interactions like build a castle, maybe an angry/mean "throw sand at..." interaction, maybe a "sand in my pants" uncomfortable moodlet if they sit there too long! Hehe

A sliding board? Maybe even different variations of the interaction based on movement skill...parents or teens have to hold them and help them slide down at first, then later they can do it themselves! kids can go down it too...and maybe even childish adults!

A toddler kiddie pool would be cute for us to add to our backyards, public pools... even front lawns if the household doesnt have a pool at all!

Strollers/pushchairs for simply going on a stroll or carrying the toddler to a specific place

Maybe a playpen? Like toddler jail... an 8-sided gate type of thing to plop them in with their toys while parents are out of the room so they dont run wild through the house and/or end up down the street ... haha.

A rocking horse for inside and/or a "spring horse" like in TS3 for outdoors. Maybe even (this is going far) a little merry go round/carousel.. like a small, 3-horse one, that you can put up to 3 toddlers on and then it spins around slowly and plays music for a few seconds and they gain fun or some of a skill or something...

I think sprinklers would be cute for garden watering and maybe toddlers could play in them? This could go well with toddlers already able to "help" garden

Maybe a dress up chest :) always loved that..

Changing tables? For those tots that arent toilet trained yet.. and if a table isnt owned or they are on another lot they can change them while standing. But id love to have the option to lay them on a table. And if theyre angry/uncomfortable/sad maybe they can squirm around and give the parent a hard time trying to hold them down! Hehe

Another idea, not really toddler specific but ive been thinking about it (it was in ts2) is photo albums? We can take photos with phones or cameras and i love framing and hanging them. I wish there were an option to use the computer or something to order an album, view all photos taken in the household or by that sim, and order and pay for an album that arrives in the mail. For toddlers i was thinking itd be cute for them to be able to look through and point at some photos excitedly like if they recognize a family member or something. Lol! And the adults can sit and flip through it too and maybe get a cute happy "memories" moodlet or something

I would love for play dates to be a tiny simple event .. "schedule a playdate" .. even with children too... there arent other toddlers around it seems but.. could be an idea! Lol little goals could be like "play with toys 0/3" and some of the possible friendly interactions between them. Or no goals, like "welcome wagon" just a timer with the title and maybe a few notifications during, if theyre interacting positively then something like it seems like theyre having a great playdate so far! Or if theyre ignoring each other it could be something about that lol...i can picture it for sure!

And of course laundry seems to be a big request and there could be some toddler related interactions.. just like ts3, if a sim changes clothes at a dresser or in-place then a pile of clothes will appear on the floor and there can be hampers too.. the toddler maybe could dress themselves after enough movement skill or something and it could be a cute messy thing where they kind of get their head stuck in something and fling a shirt acros the room or.something funny like that! Haha. And the ability for them to play in a pile of dirty clothes or something would be funny too.

I also dont think this would be possible and its fine but it would be funny (and very realistic) if they could like stalk the parents more. Even though they already seek out the parents, follow them, watch them which is awesome, i think a bathroom one particularly would be funny. Like "peek under door" or "wait outside" everytime the parent goes into the bathroom.. they could just do it automatically or have the option if they click on rhe parent only while theyre in the bathroom lol! Again probably isnt possible and the following parents is already awesome as is, but wouldnt it just add that last touch of reality? Lol

Thats about all i have!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top