Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruSarah wants our idea for new toddler objects!

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    YES to drawing on the walls and pacifiers!
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    A pack and play. Crayons/drawing books, then they could draw on the walls if you aren't minding them. :wink:

A shape sorter and ring stacker. Bucket swings, little park style animals mounted on a spring, kiddy pools so they can 'swim' also! Sandboxes, more nursery style art, optional pacifiers, optional 'blankies' they can drag around and/or carryable teddy bears/dolls. Teethers. Toddler leashes so they can't go too far from their parents in public or maybe our sims could wear them on their chest or back or both.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Definitely strollers/prams.
    wJbomAo.png
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2017
    • Sofa Cushion Forts
    • Nap Mats
    • Playground Equipment
    • Art Activity Table
    • Sleep Swings
    • Stroller
    • Walker
    • Play-house
    • Play-kitchen
    • Play-phone
    • Pacifier
    • Toddler Swimming Pool

and in general, family group activities that the toddler can take part in :)

My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • srosenmundsrosenmund Posts: 33 Member
    1. I would like to see a step stool so they can wash their hands.
    2. Little watering cans so they can help garden.
    3. Toy camera.
    4. Little lawn mower.
    5. Handprint art.

I saw so many great ideas! These are some of mine. Hope it isn't all a repeat.
    sims-sign.png
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    A fun thread to answer... :)

1. Swing Sets (for kids too)

2. Activity Table - 4 toddlers can use simultaneously

3. Sandboxes -- Large for home, Small portable for sims inventories

4. Play equipment for the Parks & Camping -- (Ponies/Spaceships/Pirate Ships Riders on bouncy springs like in Sims 3)

5. Colorful Bouncy Balls -- To play "Catch"

6. Strollers / Toddler Backpacks (Parent sim can carry toddler on their chest or back)

7. Teddy Bears -- Toddlers Can Sleep With & Carry Around The House

8. Family Games -- Board Games that family & toddlers can play together

9. Non-perishable Snack Foods/Drinks for public outings

10. Rocking Chairs -- Snuggle Toddler and Rock To Sleep

11. Toddler Can Nap With Parent on Sofas and Beds

12. Ability to Tickle, Feed A Bite of Snack, Talk, Sing and Comfort Toddler While YA/Adult Sims Holds Toddler!
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Voidcritter battle station being enabled for toddlers. These toddlers look old enough to be in that "I want to copy everything big brother/sister does" phase.
    Bunk beds (for kids and tots)
    Sand box (for kids and tots).
    Drawing table
    Rocking horse
    Swings (for kids and tots)
    Slides (for kids and tots)
    Tea set (for kids and tots)
    Kiddie pool. It just isn't fair that the sims live in perpetual sunny summer and yet toddlers are the only ones with no way to cool off.
    Those bumblee rocker things from sims 3 that came in tons of styles.
    Those little flintstone style cars that make every kid jealous:
    $_3.JPG?set_id=2
    Playhouse (non rabbit hole versions preferred).
    Play pen
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    a paddle pool or even a "shallow end" for the normal pool :)

Also teaching the toddler/kids how to swim would be great!
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Adorable pics, :)
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I'm sure this stuff has been mentioned but I'll just add my vote- floaties/swim vest for the pool or a toddler pool, crayons or markers for using on the walls (could be like the graffiti set up in CL), hair style that looks like it has been cut by the toddler themselves and I'd love to actually see them be able to do that interaction with say scissors, a baby doll they can carry around, Void Critters (and STAR WARS!) costumes, other assorted outdoor stuff (surprise me! lol)- OH! I'd also love to see them be able to "Pick Flowers" and then give them to a sim of their choosing to generate a BIG happy moodlet, and the same with drawing art, be able to give it to another sim. And maybe a Hide and Seek game interaction for the future as an outdoor activity, at least the ability to have the toddler "surprise" another sim. And on and on...
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    a paddle pool or even a "shallow end" for the normal pool :)

Also teaching the toddler/kids how to swim would be great!

@Tentacrocacles you actually can teach kids to swim. Once both kid and teen/adult are in water there is an interaction you can select. It may have come with get together because that's when I noticed it. It would be really cool to see something added for toddlers too, but I would be happy with a kiddie splash pool.

• meuamourmeuamour Posts: 117 Member
    Bring back the learning play pen like from TS3.
    I thought that was so adorable when I first saw it.

Also a floor rocker that helps the baby sleep when they're being fussy.
    A Calming effect on them if you will.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    how about a rocking chair to help calm toddlers if they have a nightmare
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Well since we have an actually old Gramphones how about a toy one?

ARECORDPLAYER2.jpg

How about a clock:
    sb021.jpg

a chatterphone:
    chatterphone.jpg

Fisher_Price_pushtoy.jpg

il_340x270.835074858_nznv.jpg

Wow! I used to have ALL those as a preschooler.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited January 2017
    I would love to see a ball pit, a tea set, baby rag dolls, definitely stroller and changing table, wading pool (maybe this could even be filled with balls when not filled with water), xylophone, drawing mat (usable by both toddlers and children), pounding bench with toy mallet, bath toys, shape-sorting play cube, animal toys, activity desk for toddlers, toy circle bead maze, toddler trike, etch-a-sketch, play cash register, plastic keys toy, play shopping cart, play drum, dress up clothes (must include princess outfit for toddler girls, and maybe a doctor or fireman outfit for boys), pull toys, play tent for children and toddlers, wooden toy puzzles (like with alphabet, numbers, animals, etc), Russian nesting dolls.

Also, child-sized chairs and sofas that can be used by children or toddlers, rocking chairs, kids step stools, nap cots, and bunk beds for children, and plastic storage drawers.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    img_2196.jpg
    BABY GATES on STAIRS for toddlers
    Sometimes we don't want our toddlers to go up the stairs...

They also work for pets...
    baby-gate-with-pet-door-239x300.jpg

KIDDIE POOL for toddlers
    prod_5971677708?src=http%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropboxusercontent.com%2Fu%2F11446006%2FPhotos%2FOrgill%2520Non-Watermarked%2F5114129.jpg%3Frefreshtoday&d=82a854c6014398c4c472aba7535db0d90e8f9a5b&hei=245&wid=245&op_sharpen=1&qlt=85

Also work for PETS...
    maxresdefault.jpg

And raccoons...
    hqdefault.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • maramaja6maramaja6 Posts: 17 Member
    Sandbox and baby pool but also learning how to swim in the grownups pool, baby bottle, more clothes, cushing with bigger siblings or parents on the couch, finger colours for the bathtube or babypool, a bathtube where also 2 todlers or a toddler and a sibling child may bath together just like in RL :)
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    dollys and toy rabbits especially for the clingy ones, to play with and cuddle.
  • Lindz2006Lindz2006 Posts: 86 Member
    Everyones ideas are so great I can not think of anything to add!
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    * Zurbert aka parent sim blowing on toddler's belly.
    * Parent sim throwing toddler up in air and catching them.
    * Bucking Horse- parent sim bucking toddler on their knee.
    * Peek-a-Boo- parent sim/teen sim/child sim playing Peek-A-Boo with toddler.
    * (When Pets are added)- Lil' Cowboy/girl- toddler can ride the backs of their canine pals.
    * Toddler playing in bag of flour
    * (When Seasons and/or Weather is added)- toddlers jumping and splashing in puddles.
    * Toddlers playing in mud and making mud pies.
    * Toddlers throwing food
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    * toddlers jumping and splashing in puddles.

^^^ This! <3
    a256aFi.gif
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I would like a outdoor mini house for toddlers play in group
    Swings, sandbox, dolls for them to carry around and pretend to be their babies xD when I was a toddler I loved a baby doll and pretended to be my baby xD
  • NayNayLeeNayNayLee Posts: 4 New Member
    Preschool for toddlers

• PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    We certainly need teething rings, so our toddlers can train using their teeth. And we also need a vampire version for our vampire toddlers filled with plasma (refilled by the parents I'd guess) and that will refill their thirst need like normal food + trains their movement skill.

I'm not joking.

Seriously.

I simply want teething rings and generally toddler toys for vampires.

Just imagine how a childish vampire would chew on that "biting pack" :D (maybe that's a good name for it... a little plasma pack that only gives out plasma if you bite it strong enough, with the biting strength needed being adjustable)

And while we're at it: What about something similar, a "Baby's First Midnight Snack" set for toddlers? :D

I mean, this game is silly and random in some ways already, so why not continue that heritage a little bit now that we have awesome toddlers? ^^
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I'd simply find it interesting for more Objects Styles like the styles from the Base Game and other Add Ons' to have their own Toddler objects, like the mission style toddler objects.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top