Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruSarah wants our idea for new toddler objects!

Comments

• HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I think it would be great if they added strollers, so you can take you babies and toddlers places, so they can take naps, and I think it would be so cool if they gave you special inventory like a diaper bag items, so you can feed them outside of there house:))) and maybe Toddler park things, and things for toddlers like ball house pits, and it would be cool if you could hire a face painter for their birthdays:)) That would be great game play:)
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I think it would be great if they added strollers, so you can take you babies and toddlers places, so they can take naps, and I think it would be so cool if they gave you special inventory like a diaper bag items, so you can feed them outside of there house:))) and maybe Toddler park things, and things for toddlers like ball house pits, and it would be cool if you could hire a face painter for their birthdays:)) That would be great game play:)

Yup I want them to add those as well, but in different styles, for the toddlers they can be open more and double seats or triple, for the babies they can be like a bed for them that is closed in with a lace screen type cover to keep the bugs away, :)
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I've always wished for a vintage toddler pack Melanie Martinez inspired pastel. Right 80's colours.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    A blankie that they can snuggle when they're in a bad mood. Also stuffed animals and ragdolls that they can endlessly tote around and play with to build imagination and communication skills.

Oh! And obnoxious noise-making toys like speak-n-spells, see-n-says, talking dolls, singing figurines, and anything at all that makes a high-pitched siren-like sound. Toddlers will gain a lot of fun from these items, but adults who don't have the Childish trait will get a tense moodlet from being exposed to all that noise for too long. >:)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    It isn't a toddler object either but adults should be able to use a toddler potty and get an embarrassed/uncomfortable moodlet called Desperate Measures or something.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    It isn't a toddler object either but adults should be able to use a toddler potty and get an embarrassed/uncomfortable moodlet called Desperate Measures or something.

I am just speechless, yup.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Trampolines and sandpits. If you dig in a sandpit you might find something! And the possibilities for sadism with the trampoline are endless.

"OH MY GOD! TRAMAMPOLINE!!!!"
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I love taking my tots to community lots, (and even public areas for family bbqs etc) and would love to have a portable carry-all type bag.

When it's in the sims inventory it looks like a bag with toys, blanket, bottles, nappies etc stuffed inside, and when you place it in the world, it has a blanket spread out with all its contents out.

It would have interactions like:
    • Have a snack (maybe new foods for tots?)
    • Drink juice
    • play with toy - (new cuddly toy?)
    • Have a nap
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes i want some trampolines (That children, adults can use)
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited March 2017
    Bouncy balls. I know it's simple, but they can share! Balls are incredibly flexible as toys.

Pool toys. Like floats as options in the clothes section.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Volleyball in pool
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edd279a2b0c869b93932a0abb45a722c.jpg

so toddler Sims living in apartments can get plenty of fresh air.

I love this idea and because its sims they wont get hurt. But the problem is there space stops at the walls. outside doesn't really exist its just back drop unless there on the ground level. which is sad I know. but a playpen that goes into the parents inventory, a portable playpen, they can set up when out. so the parents can sell at the market and the toddlers can play in the playpen, and not run off. would be a good idea.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I could definitely use a sandbox and a tea cup set.
    1FKDfKj.png
    Slides. And water-slides.
    A treehouse. - multiple styles of treehouses, in fact.
    When toddlers go in the water, little arm-band floats.
    Something that Toddlers can practice pet-training skills on.
  • mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    Hm, maybe springy animals to ride, a ball pit, little coin operated cars and motorcycles like you see outside stores. A blanket with play/sleep/pretend options built in. I always used to take a blanket for the toddlers when we'd go on our picnics. Oh yeah, and picnic baskets! Picnicking with a little kid is one of the most fun things ever in the history of things. :p
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    mierpelsom wrote: »
    Hm, maybe springy animals to ride, a ball pit, little coin operated cars and motorcycles like you see outside stores. A blanket with play/sleep/pretend options built in. I always used to take a blanket for the toddlers when we'd go on our picnics. Oh yeah, and picnic baskets! Picnicking with a little kid is one of the most fun things ever in the history of things. :p

Adding onto this idea. Teddy bear picnics for toddlers?
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • jetmackaluvsjotwahjetmackaluvsjotwah Posts: 70 Member
    Baby gates
    A toddler water park or daycare center with activities
    Pacifiers
    Sippy cups
    Something that the toddler can develop an actual relationship with such as a special blanket, hat etc, and you wouldn't HAVE to buy they but your toddler will cry if they can't find their special item
    Actions for toddlers putting gross things in their mouth such as bugs
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited March 2017
    My thoughts on Toddler items

Items
    1. Sandbox
    2. Baby Pool (would be good for Dogs too)
    3. Victorian Children's decor for Vampire Nurseries and Children's rooms and other baby items associated
    4. Baby Bouncer
    5. Baby Blocks that are toys
    6. Pool toys like floating devices for children
    7. Mini-Baby Grand Pianos (They have them for children in specialty baby stores)
    8. Chalk walls
    9. Strollers for Mommies to take them for walks or jogs
    10. Tricycles
    11. Little Red Wagons
    12. Toy phones
    13. Daycare centers
    14. Pacifiers
    15. Finger painting
    16. Crayons and papers
    17. Blowing bubbles
    18. Playing with Clay
    19. Kids Bunk Beds
    20. Little Girls four Poster bed with curtains
    21. Night lites
    22. Music boxes for children rooms although fancy ones for adult rooms are lovely too
    23. Kitchen object that allows you to play cook and bake a few small things for baking skill credit
    24. Swings
    25. Baby Monitor
    26. Baby Changing table
    27. Pinwheels
    28. Playground Merry go Round
    29. Sunglasses for outside

Interactions
    1. Blowing on dandelions
    2. Hide and go seek with Adults, Other children or the dog
    3. Babbling to the dog and the Dog howling or vocalizing back
    4. Peak a boo
    5. Hugging the dog
    6. Learning to pet nicely dogs, cats and small animals
    7. Babies and Toddlers babbling to each other
    8. Toddlers who mimic older siblings or parents
    9. Watching Children's learning channel
    10. Waddling to a parent returning to home from work and hugging them
    11. Dancing on older Sims feet
    12. Toddler poses for pictures, Baby's poses too
    13. Pictures with Santa at Shopping center for (Toddlers, Children & Small Dogs)
    14. Easter Egg Hunts and photos with the Easter Bunny
    15. Trick or Treating and costumes for Toddlers
    16. Teddy Bear Hospital
    17. Tea Parties
    18. Splashing in Puddles during rainy days
    19. Playing catch
    20. Learning to swim
    21. Snow angels
    22. Snowman making
    23. Playing in Mud (Mud pies)
    24. Getting messy eating Ice Cream

World Items that would be great for children to interact with

1. Beautiful and ornate Carousel with Horses that go up and down
    2. Restaurant booster seats
    3. Water fountains in Parks for both Adult Sims, Children and even Doggie fountains for Dog Parks

Toddler Costumes for Trick o' Treating with a few Dog pairings

1. Bunny - Double duty for Easter
    2. Garden Gnome
    3. Princess
    4. Fairy
    5. Pirate
    6. Red Riding Hood & The Wolf in Grandma's clothing (Dog Costume)
    7. The Big Bad Wolf
    8. Mermaid
    9. Pumpkin - Jack o' Lantern
    10. Lady Bug
    11. BumbleBee
    12. Ghost
    13. Black Cat
    14. Knight
    15. Mummy
    16. Cowboy
    17. Hamburger (Toddler Costume) & Hotdog (Dog Costume)
    18. Dorthy and Toto
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    A thought came across my head the other week. I am a mother of a 4 year old, She is my everything. It gave me a Idea for a new toy they could include in the Game somewhere. What if they had a Doll, that was like the 18 inch Dolls. (American Girl dolls, Our Generation, Journey Girls, My Life.)

They could have Girl and Boy Dolls, That look like your little girl or boy sims. A few different options for Hair colors, and Eye Colors. A few different offits to pick from, That maybe in your Kids Wardrobe had the same matching offits if you wanted them to match.

The different Game play that could include with it,
    - Playing dress up with maybe a few different offits your Kid could choose from, and costumes.
    -A bigger Doll House to play in
    _Playing Tea with your Doll/ With little Kid table and chairs, or picnic blanket
    -Going on Adventures
    -Become Kids best friend if Lonely/ Or does not have a lot of friends
    -Increase Kids Creativity and Social Skills, ect.
    -Give Happy or Inspired Moodlet

Another Thing I would love in General is if they added A Tea set for Kids to play with,
    -It could come in a variety of different colors and styles
    -Play Tea with Toys and Friends, and maybe one day Fairies:))

Electric Cars or peddle Cars with the exception of, whenever our Sims actually get cars
    - 2 seater, or single seater
    - variety of colors and car types

Tree Houses and Play Houses Game play could include
    -Your Sim actually building it themselves / Gaining skills and making memories, and building up relationships
    -Variety of Colors and Styles
    -Having little Kid Adventures
    -Slumber parties

Lemonade Stand/ or Cupcake Stand
    - build social skills and Money gain
    - Help your sims Hunger

Dress up Box or Wardrobe for Kids
    -Lots of fun costumes
    -social skill gain, creativity skill gain
    -Happy moodlet, inspired moddlet

Fairy Garden
    - little furniture your kids can play with in the garden
    - one day fairies could use it too

Fairy Door
    -Fun little door in Kids room
    -they can set things out for fairies
    -invite fairies in to play

Swords and Light sabors
    -boost Fun moodlet

Kids Kitchen and washer and Dryer
    - whenever we get laundry Kids could play a mini version
    - come in variety of colors and styles
    - boost up skills and moodlets

Sorry if it is long I just re-pasted it from my post:))
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited March 2017
    toddler bunk beds would be nice (and lofts and normal bunkbeds
    wagons so that you can take toddlers on wagons rides
    if we get bikes get trike and lil toddler trailer so they can go with their parents
    let them swim in pools or have kiddie pools
    toddler swings
    toddler play equipment
    plushies or blankets that the toddlers carry around (maybe attached to a trait for like a comfort item)
    pacifiers ((added if they fix babies cause they really need to fix babies they're a total bore))

maybe add some reading app to the toddlers tablet, like you can play with thing like the livingbooks
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • CaveSimCaveSim Posts: 99 Member
    If she is talking about a generation like ep. Then babys that move and are not objects.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Doctor Playset - With the off chance of alleviating illness for older age groups who interact with the toddler play doctor.

The ability to play Duck Duck Goose with Toddlers and Kids
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    A Toy Camera that provides a quick relationship boost between everybody.

Maybe with the toddler having a baby cupid trait. They can have Sims fall in love by using the toy camera. Very modern spin on the bow and arrow.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I would like to have a small pool where you could fit in up to 3 toddlers. You could fill the pool with either water (and maybe add some bubbles) or balls = ball pit. I think that would be really great.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • angiehanssonangiehansson Posts: 8 New Member
    More toys in general. My daughter has so many toys we turned the spare bedroom into her playroom, and we still have toys in our living room. Toddlers take up a lot of room. I wish toddler were like that in the sims.
    A play kitchen/workbench for imagination skill.
    A tent/fort to calm down the fussy toddlers.
    More playground equipment for the backyard.
    I'd also like more clothes and hair.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top