Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To my rodeo buddy, the lovely LadyEmillye!

MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
@LadyEmillye, I am so sorry that some of mine might be a little late. I have health issues that interfered for several days, and then I had some sticky CC that I could not remove from part of one of my gifts. I had thought I had removed all CC from my game, but apparently not. I ended up having to copy in a completely CC free install of the game to start that gift over again. That took a bit of time, but finally I am finished! At least with the gifts; not quite with the pictures.

I am not very good with the first person sorts of shots, so I apologize in advance. I did a few, but most of my shots are top down. It's probably because I can't play first person games without getting motion sick; I have to play all games in top-down format, or I can't play them.

I was so excited to get you as a buddy! I have some idea on the sorts of things you like, based upon some of the contests you've run. And your letter gave me some interesting ideas, although they might not be exactly what you had in mind. :D

gift09_zpsiecxlzu5.jpg

First is the Cyffredin family. A newly married couple, just starting out. John wants to be an astronaut; Mary wants to have a large family. Will their ambitions conflict, or will they remain in happily wedded bliss?

Don't worry if you are starting to be a little disappointed; these two are only your appetizer. :)

You might be surprised, however, to learn who I used as Mary's base; Zelda Mae, of all people. She actually has very good genetics; if you change her hair, clothing, and personality, of course. ;) She has a wonderful face structure, and I've used her in the past as a template for female NPCs in my games.

Here are the two of them in one of the houses I was testing... just to give you another teaser. ;)
Screenshot-8_zpskqnnwarb.jpg
Screenshot-10_zpscwqwy1uy.jpg
Screenshot-7_zps2qxbollj.jpg
Screenshot-9_zpsuenzirfn.jpg
Screenshot-12_zpsbiynbcy6.jpg
Screenshot-47_zpswhb7qekg.jpg
Screenshot-46_zps88xtd2k6.jpg
Screenshot-48_zpsxjqmemj8.jpg
Screenshot-60_zps9gexjhbf.jpg

I just realized I had forgotten to list their traits for you! They're really a rather ordinary couple, so I gave them stereotypical traits. There's actually a reason for this, which may make a little more sense when you see my later gifts. :)

Mary
Traits
Family Oriented
Natural Cook
Neat
Nurturing
Friendly

Favorites
Color: Yellow
Food: Fruit Parfait
Music: Indie

Life Ambition: Surrounded by Family

John
Traits
Family Oriented
Handy
Athletic
Ambitious
Friendly

Favorites
Color: Brown
Food: Hamburger
Music: Indie

Life Ambition: Become an Astronaut
Post edited by MiaSkywalker on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016
    gift02_zps6vwkq2vg.jpg
    gift10_zpssfym5vpu.jpg

I've been working on this post all day, but I keep getting distracted by all the shiny new gifts in all the gifting threads. Bad me! Bad, bad me! ;)

I know the previous gift may have seemed like something of a letdown, but now I will introduce you to the house the Cyffredins were testing, a Mid-Century Modern, done in Earth tones.

Screenshot-2_zpsgfjuavnm.jpg

I had to replace the television between making the screen shots and uploading this, because the TV turned out to be CC. It's a minor change, as the replacement looks pretty similar.

The outside
    Screenshot-3_zpsgf9q76nu.jpg
    Screenshot-4_zpsy8annikw.jpg
    Screenshot-6_zps5qbc8eyi.jpg
    Screenshot-5_zpssxiuqp5c.jpg
    Screenshot-43_zpsgtuziawn.jpg

Some overviews of the house
    Screenshot-44_zpsy8vmfbua.jpg
    Screenshot-7_zps7mzicupv.jpg
    Screenshot-8_zpskiwns0fd.jpg
    Screenshot-9_zpszq0bxrwa.jpg
    Screenshot-10_zpsl3anvxok.jpg
    Screenshot-11_zps3hptoyyn.jpg
    Screenshot-12_zpsf9autqwa.jpg

The living room
    Screenshot-15_zps23pxtgok.jpg
    Screenshot-16_zpsrf0lbcpg.jpg
    Screenshot-13_zpsiwxq9kdq.jpg
    Screenshot-14_zpswdvic46h.jpg
    Screenshot-27_zpslbca14xw.jpg
    Screenshot-28_zpsxoyvdrwv.jpg
    Screenshot-60_zps9gexjhbf.jpg
    Screenshot-45_zpsd6oboziz.jpg
    Screenshot-49_zpsz0zrebt6.jpg
    Screenshot-59_zpsjxavk9nn.jpg

Dining room
    Another thing I had to replace were the dining chairs. I hadn't realized until reading a thread on the forums yesterday, that the Mid-Century dining chairs had to be installed in a particular way, or they would be unusable. So today I tested it, and indeed, both of the Sims gave me route failure tantrums when I told them to sit at any of those chairs. I've now replaced them with the chairs in the final image; I apologize that I forgot to go back to live mode to take the screen shot. If you have the other chairs installed properly you can replace them, although you'll want to change the fabric on the chairs to match the room.
    Screenshot-29_zpsgs4ibzvd.jpg
    Screenshot-30_zpsqytyigb4.jpg
    Screenshot-17_zpsqvofxukl.jpg
    Screenshot-18_zps57eubc84.jpg
    Screenshot-12_zpsbiynbcy6.jpg

Kitchen
    Screenshot-20_zpsaoh8dbp6.jpg
    Screenshot-19_zpsat1txivy.jpg
    Screenshot-31_zpsqh5grbsr.jpg
    Screenshot-32_zpstbv2joxt.jpg
    Screenshot-46_zps88xtd2k6.jpg
    Screenshot-47_zpswhb7qekg.jpg
    Screenshot-48_zpsxjqmemj8.jpg

Master bedroom
    Screenshot-37_zpslhkaybne.jpg
    Screenshot-36_zpsrrxuqmhw.jpg
    Screenshot-22_zpsdaxci5ls.jpg
    Screenshot-21_zpsesxrratc.jpg

A small study attached to the Master Bedroom, that could easily be converted to a small nursery
    Screenshot-38_zpso0weev2g.jpg

Kids' bedrooms
    I realized as I was going through these that there is some duplication, most likely because I didn't do all of these at the same time.
    Screenshot-58_zpsbk7snjz2.jpg
    Screenshot-57_zpsrpet39yv.jpg
    Screenshot-56_zpshrk3rfxj.jpg
    Screenshot-53_zps9zsjyahx.jpg
    Screenshot-55_zpsupkmevt6.jpg
    Screenshot-54_zps9nzfedpp.jpg
    Screenshot-52_zpsl8e7qg3y.jpg
    Screenshot-51_zpstq2ccyga.jpg
    Screenshot-50_zpsfapbz3pm.jpg
    Screenshot-25_zpsaadbjxxf.jpg
    Screenshot-26_zpsmfu9mco5.jpg
    Screenshot-23_zpsnu1mxiuo.jpg
    Screenshot-24_zpst6wrjgi3.jpg
    Each of these two rooms has its own ensuite bathroom.

Master bathroom
    Screenshot-33_zps2taztkwg.jpg
    Screenshot-34_zpsavzk8out.jpg
    Screenshot-35_zpsekcd3bub.jpg

Other areas
    Screenshot-39_zpsyg8eivho.jpg
    Screenshot-40_zpsvyiqluwg.jpg
    Screenshot-42_zpsgrdx07le.jpg

You may be surprised to learn that this is actually a pretty small lot; it's only 25x25. I wanted to make it smaller, but I was using a floor plan from an architectural site, and this was the smallest I could manage for this particular floor plan. I chose to make it on the smallest lot possible, with no front or back yard, so you can place it on a larger lot if you wish, and set the yard wherever you want it.

Edit: Oh! One more thing. All fireplaces and the stove are upgraded to fireproof. Discovered the hard way a while ago that not upgrading fireplaces is just a very bad idea. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    First of all, I'm terribly sorry for the delay. We had received our new modem a couple of days ago, so yesterday my father and I installed it. It was supposed to be "quick and easy"... about six hours worth of quick and easy.
    Turns out the instructions had several incorrect steps, so even though both of us are very computer savvy (I'm a computer programmer who has always built my own computers from scratch, and I worked for many years doing I.T.), the instructions were just wrong.
    So, I was pretty exhausted after it last night, and wasn't up for getting on the computer.

Now I'll make up for it, by posting TWO of your gifts tonight. The first gift, I give you Kizmet and Karma, two cute and cuddly pets!
    Kizmet%20amp%20Karma_zpslaxeozov.png
    Kizmet is a little charmer, a lovable Spaniel mix. Her traits are Friendly, Loyal, and Hunter. I'm sure she will capture your heart.

Kizmet%20traits_zpsf9uxaeqj.png

Karma is a lovely Ragdoll cat. I based her personality on that of one of my own cats. I own a Ragamuffin (another name for a Ragdoll) that I got as a rescue from the pound. I had no idea she was a Ragamuffin when I picked her out, but now I will always want to have one. They are the most lovable of cats. Karma's traits are Friendly, Playful and Proud.

Karma%20traits_zpsadlc0tmd.png
    Screenshot-45_zps7xiln9gr.jpg
    Screenshot-55_zpsjwvnlqio.jpg
    Screenshot-58_zpsy4gj4ffi.jpg
    Screenshot-61_zpssyg4xg5r.jpg
    Screenshot-64_zpsm36omahs.jpg
    Screenshot-63_zps8zmyxtdd.jpg
    Screenshot-66_zpsgxhnkdew.jpg
    Screenshot-60_zpsmudkkoj8.jpg

Next up is the Vaincher family, Jeremy and Melanie.

vaincher_zpspllwn097.jpg
    The Vainchers are young, beautiful, and fashionable, and both of them are well aware of it. They both believe they deserve the best, and are certain that they will get it.

Screenshot-4_zps1l0sjdvx.jpg
    Screenshot-8_zpsv6xiaouq.jpg

Jeremy has goals, ambitious ones. Young, handsome, rich, intelligent, he is sure that one day he will be a leader of his peers. He was lucky enough to marry the most beautiful woman in town, and he is sure that's a sign that he is destined for great things.
    Jeremy_zps76yqwufm.png

Melanie is both beautiful and accomplished, and she is well aware of it. She married well at a young age, and is sure that she and her husband will soon rise to the place in society in which they deserve to be.
    Melanie_zpsxzlc40h9.png

Their various outfits.
    every_zpsgaowgrfv.jpg
    formal_zpshjpbqsri.jpg
    athletic_zpsaohrvtip.jpg
    swim_zpsdt0ocuhs.jpg
    sleep_zpsihwcajjs.jpg
    outer_zpsobzibb3p.jpg

And if you're wondering what sort of style I was going for, here are some pictures of them testing, well, something. ;)
    Screenshot-37_zpsoq7mubej.jpg
    Screenshot-44_zpsllfl2jmq.jpg
    Screenshot-36_zpsl8mbekko.jpg
    Screenshot-39_zpspbyunuog.jpg
    Screenshot-38_zpse9rmxue3.jpg
    Screenshot-35_zpsehhsndoh.jpg
    Screenshot-40_zps6fjcalk2.jpg
    Screenshot-41_zpsgmyqndmw.jpg
    Screenshot-43_zpsomyaloqf.jpg
    Screenshot-42_zpsbyqlfr4n.jpg

By the way, if you would like it, I can upload each Sim (and Pet) separately, in addition to the households. I saved each of them individually when I was checking for CC, so I have them in that format as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Now for a nice little Victorian home, one of my bigger gifts to you. This is on a 25x25 lot, which is the smallest lot I could get it to fit on. I found architectural plans here, but I had to modify the structure quite a bit (and not have the extensive decking) as the roofs were extremely uncooperative. I did quite a bit of research on Victorian homes for this; unfortunately, it wasn't until after the house was built that I learned that there are six distinct styles, and that I'd mixed two of them in this particular build. You can see both Gothic Revival and Second Empire influences; I'm not sure about any others. I also found as many images of Victorian interior design as I could, to try to be as close to authentic as possible. And as I *sometimes* read historical romances, I will grudgingly admit that some of my ideas on what rooms exist come from my reading. ;) (Ok, so Jane Austin is one of my favourite authors....)

There are no modern electronics, such as TVs, stereos, telephones, or computers on the lot. I'm not even sure if I remembered to place a fire alarm or burglar alarm. (Although I think I might have added those.) All fireplaces and the stove are upgraded to fireproof, however, which should cut down the chance of fires anyway.

Just as an FYI, originally I had created the Cyffredin family for this house, then realized they didn't really fit it, and created the more modern house for them. I then created the Vainchers for this house. I tested this house with both families at different times.

Screenshot_zpsngj3gtuz.jpg

This home, like the previous one I made, is on a small 25x25 lot, and goes all the way to the edges. Like the other home, if you'd like a front or back yard, you might want to drop this down on a larger lot, and move it into the position you want for the type of yard you wish to have. I'm really... not very good with landscaping. At all. So I wimped out and left things open for you. :)

Once again, very image heavy post. :) The spoilers are to make it easier on loading time for people.

The outside of the house
    Screenshot-2_zpsvic3h7kr.jpg
    Screenshot-3_zpsg3mhdzod.jpg
    Screenshot-4_zpstxadl4c3.jpg
    Screenshot-5_zpsgb3rokgr.jpg
    Screenshot-6_zps46jyx7bg.jpg
    Screenshot-7_zpsufbqfzj3.jpg

First floor
    Layout
    Screenshot-10_zpsbuxw8gvv.jpg
    Screenshot-9_zpsszkvrdwf.jpg
    Screenshot-8_zpsd7invvko.jpg

Entry
    Screenshot-18_zpsj9pbysda.jpg
    Screenshot-19_zpswxscs6b3.jpg
    Screenshot-20_zpsfdww2e8j.jpg

Banquet hall
    Screenshot-21_zpscjibrwoe.jpg
    Screenshot-22_zps80dcatyv.jpg
    Screenshot-23_zpsjzydxf4d.jpg

Dining room and kitchen
    Screenshot-11_zpsum9hapsm.jpg
    Screenshot-12_zpsj7pfbb0o.jpg
    Screenshot-13_zpsyfoqd23d.jpg
    Screenshot-14_zpsjbrabyna.jpg

Living room
    Screenshot-15_zpsbbfboypb.jpg
    Screenshot-16_zpsp7fvktnk.jpg
    Screenshot-17_zpsatzosjqe.jpg

Second floor
    Layout
    Screenshot-24_zpsvg14w7xj.jpg
    Screenshot-25_zpsdvwk6x6h.jpg
    Screenshot-26_zpszgbdzspy.jpg

Landing (upstairs hallway)
    Screenshot-37_zpsuweld3pu.jpg
    Screenshot-38_zpswtzmyup7.jpg

Children's bedroom and schoolroom
    Screenshot-27_zps8ofzrxhi.jpg
    Screenshot-28_zpsbi6nzuk5.jpg
    Screenshot-29_zps984dfmty.jpg
    Screenshot-30_zps0pjvw6s2.jpg
    Screenshot-31_zps1awmeud2.jpg
    Screenshot-32_zpsbeuzganh.jpg

Master bedroom
    Screenshot-33_zpsyrw6ujpa.jpg
    Screenshot-34_zpsuyhnjsnx.jpg
    Screenshot-35_zpsde3u4lrd.jpg
    Screenshot-36_zps0ix8hefj.jpg

Nursery
    Screenshot-39_zpsvi9osp9b.jpg
    Screenshot-41_zpskowzf6h2.jpg
    Screenshot-42_zps5lcgjwdk.jpg

Third floor
    Layout
    Screenshot-43_zpss5dzqetc.jpg

Landing (hallway)
    I'm not sure, but I think I've also added a chess table to the center of this room.
    Screenshot-53_zpsqvlaqlus.jpg

Library and the Mawster's study
    Screenshot-44_zpsuios1w2m.jpg
    Screenshot-45_zpsdioglzjj.jpg
    Screenshot-46_zpsn2xqhls9.jpg
    Screenshot-47_zpsclyeuaah.jpg
    Screenshot-51_zpsr29u3uok.jpg
    Screenshot-52_zpsdzgba2hm.jpg

Secret room (behind sliding bookcase in library)
    I've been told that you may have to replace the sliding bookcase to get it to work. (I forgot to put that information in the lot description.) That was not the case for me, but I'm not going to say it won't be the case for others.

My suggestion would be to save the style as a preset, so when (if) you have to replace it, you can reset the style to match the room. Generally I tried to copy textures from one item to another, to keep down the number of textures used on the lot. I've read that the fewer textures you use, the less it increases lag and stutter in the game. (I know this is true in Unity, so no reason Sims would be any different.)

Also, I had forgotten that secret rooms appear black until a Sim enters the room, so I took before and after shots. :)
    Screenshot-50_zpssdfczvcy.jpg
    Screenshot-70_zpsbjuo8zno.jpg

Fourth floor / attic
    This floor includes a small bedroom and bath for a maid, governess, or housekeeper. You could instead make it for a gardener, butler, footman, or tutor, but I would recommend changing the rather feminine bedspread to something else, in that case. :)
    Screenshot-54_zpspngbgnmo.jpg
    Screenshot-55_zpsl4ugnfpm.jpg
    Screenshot-56_zpsrovirmdh.jpg
    Screenshot-57_zpste5ywoqw.jpg
    Screenshot-58_zpsq1zharyb.jpg
    Screenshot-59_zpsns76tt3k.jpg

Second floor of secret room
    This room is not accessible from the attic, but only from the secret room right below it. I didn't put much in this room, but figured you can do with it whatever you'd like.
    Screenshot-60_zps52uyxpo4.jpg

And finally, the basement
    We have to have a basement, because nectar. :)
    Screenshot-61_zpscp3bxgcv.jpg
    Screenshot-62_zpswzpk9vpi.jpg

I just realized I didn't include any of the room-view type of shots, because all of those were put in the previous post. Well, I will just tell you that I painted all ceilings to match the floors, in the same kind of wood paneling. Other than the basement, which matches the stone floor down there.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    And now for something completely different...

Well, not really. Sort of. You see, when I read your letter, and saw "Victorian/Gothic" an idea came to me. I made the Victorian in the above post, and then... I changed it. I give you... the Gothic Victorian Gothic.
    Screenshot-13_zps1gp5fnqk.jpg
    As you can see, the basic structure is the same, but the details - doors, windows, landscaping, etc. - are different. On the outside, at least.
    Screenshot-14_zpsjwupfg8v.jpg
    Screenshot-17_zps4mwew2j3.jpg
    Screenshot-18_zpsr4cjvinl.jpg
    Screenshot-15_zpsnzghv9lx.jpg
    Screenshot-16_zpsaivigeja.jpg
    Screenshot-41_zps73abszds.jpg

But now... the inside. Once again, room layout is the same - I didn't change any of the walls - and the furnishings are all in the same places, and yet... it's very different.
    First floor
    Overview
    Screenshot-19_zpscqsxm5a8.jpg
    Screenshot-20_zpsvc4lycme.jpg
    Screenshot-21_zps6wsjfxf5.jpg
    Screenshot-23_zpshkkz6kh5.jpg
    Screenshot-22_zpsm42uzmb9.jpg

Entry
    Screenshot-39_zpswguateh1.jpg
    Screenshot-38_zpswsyxsozt.jpg
    Screenshot-36_zpsy8gusmwa.jpg
    Screenshot-37_zps1sjkouxw.jpg

Banquet room
    Screenshot-24_zps0tennknd.jpg
    Screenshot-85_zpsjjftrbmg.jpg
    Screenshot-5_zpsodbxhwoi.jpg
    Screenshot-4_zpswzwa5f7r.jpg
    Screenshot-6_zpsiwzam0qt.jpg

Dining room and Kitchen
    Screenshot-27_zpsayv9cjue.jpg
    Screenshot-28_zpsm2abyltd.jpg
    Screenshot-29_zpstxdw1tb2.jpg
    Screenshot-30_zps5ggdoavq.jpg
    Screenshot-31_zpsp5gbajlf.jpg

Living room
    Screenshot-32_zps2ybhzzfh.jpg
    Screenshot-33_zpskmqno0ag.jpg
    Screenshot-34_zpsgcggzjxj.jpg
    Screenshot-35_zpsolvmqfoz.jpg

Second floor
    Entry & hallway
    Screenshot-57_zpsbimnf5pu.jpg
    Screenshot-58_zpsn1ldxm0q.jpg
    Screenshot-59_zpsp7djjqih.jpg
    Screenshot-56_zpsljj34imd.jpg

Kids' room & schoolroom
    Screenshot-42_zpsni85x966.jpg
    Screenshot-43_zpslmltufy2.jpg
    Screenshot-44_zpshrxvotds.jpg
    Screenshot-45_zpsrz3ok6h0.jpg
    Screenshot-46_zpsfz2iurl2.jpg
    Screenshot-47_zpsmheafekw.jpg
    Screenshot-48_zpsfpz8wnvb.jpg

Master bedroom
    Just so you don't get confused - the first images were taken before I changed out the mirror. The last three images show the mirror I replaced it with. It really makes quite a difference. :)
    Screenshot-53_zps678gbdke.jpg
    Screenshot-49_zpskbjikjxs.jpg
    Screenshot-54_zpsvnhsdaft.jpg
    Screenshot-55_zpsrk8sxgsa.jpg
    Screenshot-50_zpsyqzmjpx0.jpg
    Screenshot-52_zpso7auhevl.jpg
    Screenshot-51_zps9s0qeb1v.jpg
    Screenshot_zpsdt9c0jn1.jpg
    Screenshot-2_zpsuinznqso.jpg
    Screenshot-3_zpshxxuciwt.jpg
    Screenshot_zpsdt9c0jn1.jpg

Nursery
    Screenshot-62_zpsfbvz3m58.jpg
    Screenshot-63_zpspd5hv5fs.jpg
    Screenshot-60_zpstwbqioxm.jpg
    Screenshot-64_zpsw5wd2thk.jpg

Third floor
    Screenshot-71_zpsmghgdanw.jpg

Landing and hallway
    Screenshot-65_zpsuenslgfi.jpg
    Screenshot-66_zpshlguyb7c.jpg

Library
    Screenshot-69_zpsfvbvubnr.jpg
    Screenshot-70_zpspup7igxi.jpg
    Screenshot-68_zpsyubmyqf6.jpg
    Screenshot-67_zpsc4srukkv.jpg

Secret room
    Screenshot-86_zpsmjwika7e.jpg
    Screenshot-89_zpsokfrbnqq.jpg
    Screenshot-87_zps1sw1memz.jpg
    Screenshot-88_zpsqimms64o.jpg
    Screenshot-7_zpsfbdnemje.jpg

Fourth floor (attic)
    Screenshot-72_zpsagjdpua0.jpg

Attic & Governess' rooms
    Screenshot-73_zpsschue4ks.jpg
    Screenshot-74_zpsxwxbp1vp.jpg
    Screenshot-77_zpshi8uid4f.jpg
    Screenshot-76_zpshz3aiaph.jpg
    Screenshot-75_zpsff8crmff.jpg
    Screenshot-78_zpsthbw129p.jpg
    Screenshot-9_zps3gg25ret.jpg

Secret room (upper floor)
    Screenshot-79_zpsbabtyqvr.jpg
    Screenshot-81_zpsyfiurg6b.jpg
    Screenshot-82_zps3wtoqybp.jpg
    Screenshot-80_zpsbgvb087m.jpg
    Screenshot-8_zps0lmrdib7.jpg

I hope you like it! I had a whole lot of fun taking that Victorian I had made, and turning it gothic! :) Btw, this version DOES have electronics, which should be obvious from the images. I figured that anyone living here might live in the present... even if they aren't really living in our reality. :D.

Oh! One more thing: My sims got the "Beautifully Decorated" buff in every single room in this house. My Sims in the other Victorian got that buff in MOST rooms (or at least "Nicely Decorated"), but so far as I recall, it was in every single room in this house. Well! Wonder what that says? :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    And now, for my final gift to you! I bring you... the Mystere family!

Screenshot-6_zpsn9weqcav.jpg

They're crazy, they're spooky, they're creepy, and they're just plain strange. Who are they, and why have they invaded your neighbourhood?

Their outfits
    Screenshot-10_zps33kuv05z.jpg
    Screenshot-11_zpsc2fy5xcc.jpg
    Screenshot-12_zpsegvqmbrc.jpg
    Screenshot-14_zpsng8jawxa.jpg
    Screenshot-15_zpsgsnkxrjb.jpg
    Screenshot-17_zps0wxr2odz.jpg

The Family
    Screenshot-81_zps0qf6b2ct.jpg

Hester Mystere
    Hester has been alive a very long time - no one knows how long, and she isn't telling. It's possible her father would know, but he's too absorbed in his research to pay attention to things like birthdays. She appears to be quiet and genteel, but be careful about crossing her; she is far more dangerous than she appears.
    Hester_zpslx2k2dqk.png

Bartholomew Eerie
    One day his inventing bench exploded and it killed him, but he didn't notice, and kept on working. Although he is Hester's father, he ignores her almost as much as he ignores everyone else in the family.
    Bartholomew_zpslfxt5uel.png
    (Yes, I know he's an old age death ghost, but the other deaths were too colorful.)

Jonathan Mystere
    Jonathan was always the serious one in his family, and chose to follow his parents' legacy. When he met Hester, he knew she was the perfect woman for him.
    Jonathan_zpsczejtbq1.png

Zachariah Mystere
    Zachariah is the oldest child, and only son, of Jonathan and Hester. Although he doesn't seem to have inherited either of his parents' talents, they can tell he has power. Jonathan suspects he may be a throwback to his family's roots, but has never told Hester what he suspects.
    Zachariah_zpszjpz9cxh.png

Matilda Mystere
    Matilda is the only daughter of Hester and Jonathan. It is extremely obvious that she takes after neither of them directly. When she developed wings one day, they knew they were right, but they love their daughter unconditionally, and will accept her no matter what she becomes.
    Matilda_zpsxzj0oglu.png

Horatio Mystere
    Horatio was always wilder than his brother Jonathan. His wildness and rebellion caused him to stay out late many nights, sometimes not returning for several days. When he returned home one particular night with his clothing torn and blood on him, his family thought nothing of it; he had returned home in worse states, more times than not.

It was after one night like that, however, that he began to exhibit strange behavior - stranger, that is, than normal for him. Once again, his family - each one very strange themselves - thought nothing of it. But the night the children saw him grow fur all over his body, they knew he was no longer what he had been....
    Horatio_zpsvqhfxtwm.png
    Horatio%20werewolf_zpsjvh5llqh.png
    I just realized it isn't obvious; the second picture is his "other" form. It was hard making it less of the exaggerated form, and more like his regular face, but I did that on purpose.

And now I will tell you the secret of their names, and why I named each family as I did.

Mystere is, of course, French for "mystery". This is because that family is very spooky and strange.

Vaincher is an anglicized Vainqueur, which means "winner", which was a hint at "Victorian". (winner = victor) The word for Victor in French is Victor, so that was no good.... :)

Cyffredin is Gaelic for "ordinary". They are an ordinary family compared to the strangeness of the Mysteres. Originally those two were going to be the only two families. The Vainchers came about because I realized that the Cyffredins didn't quite fit in the Victorian. So I made them a different house, and made a different family for the Victorian house. Thus you ended up with six gifts instead of four. :)

The two pets were originally supposed to be part of the Vainchers, then I realized the Victorian didn't have pet beds, but the cottage did. So I figured I would separate them out, to allow you to use them where you wanted. And then you had seven gifts. :)
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Mia - What a cute couple! I love the hair you chose for Mary. That, sort-of retro, 20s style. And from the sneak peek I saw of the house, it looks very comfortable!

*Will rec later
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Thank you, @MsPrissy88. Yes, they're rather retro; you can just imagine either of them on the show "Father Knows Best" or "Leave it to Beaver", right? :D No, I'm not an anti-feminist, or anything like that; these two are meant for contrast to... well, you'll see later. ;)
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I wish i could give this some attention but ibam at work with minutes to open. Can't wait til i am off and really dive in. I am sure everything will be amazing.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    Very interesting start there @MiaSkywalker with hints of things to come. I do like your retro couple and their apropos surroundings.

Wow, those are a LOT of gift boxes! Looks as though your buddy is in for plenty of special treats. :o

I'm on my way to work but will be sure to get you rec'd tonight. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    suzses wrote: »
    Very interesting start there @MiaSkywalker with hints of things to come. I do like your retro couple and their apropos surroundings.

Wow, those are a LOT of gift boxes! Looks as though your buddy is in for plenty of special treats. :o

I'm on my way to work but will be sure to get you rec'd tonight. :)
    Well, I do have a few gifts for her. ;) They're also going to be pretty image heavy, so I wanted at least one extra post, just to be on the safe side.

I should also probably get some sleep. It's almost 7am, and I'm starting to make serious typos.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited August 2016
    John and Mary are a lovely, loving couple. It's pretty nifty how you presented a spoiler teaser showcasing something they've tested. Hmm... wonder what that could be? LOL
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    I love your presentation - all those unique gift boxes! And yes, Zelda does have great genetics! Nice looking sims and great start.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Very beautiful retro-beach sims!! I love the beachy/summer style so much and the old-timey hairstyles make for a very nice addition
  • Options
    I really love the first family (now that I am off work, finally, I can look through). Can't wait to rec and get them in game, although this weekend will look like play time for me. I have the perfect world to put them in too ^.^
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Ooh really nice, retro looking couple and home!
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @MiaSkywalker the family and the house both look so good, I can't even wait to borrow these gifts! I almost feel the sudden urge to play in Roaring Heights again ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker the family and the house both look so good, I can't even wait to borrow these gifts! I almost feel the sudden urge to play in Roaring Heights again ;)
    I've never actually played in Roaring Heights. I have used the furnishings and clothing that come with it, though. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I have my favourite Simmy of all those Sims I've ever created living in Roaring Heights :) I love how light and beachy it is! I actually should look for a mod so they can't use computers and smartphones in RH :o that would finish the feel of it!

I guess I get why they plum the B-word, but beach-y? Really?! How am I supposed to talk about Sunlit Tides, Isla Paradiso and Roaring Heights. And pretty much all worlds with water...
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Yeah I think so too, I was just surprised by it ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    I LOVE That house, so retro and perfect for the couple, off to rec and save the file before I head to work :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Your home is awesome with lots of curb appeal and warm colors. I love all the wood work and the windows into the kitchen are a great idea! I love the way you decorated the living room with all those fun wood sculpture pieces! Very, very nice job!
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    I love the warmth of this house and how the whites/lights/metallics just brighten it up! Also love the colorful kids' rooms. It's nice and roomy and perfect for a growing family. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    You fit all of this house on a 25 x 25? Get out of here! It seems so spacious. Love the style, furnishings and color palette used throughout this warm, inviting place. The Mid-Century items look terrific against all those wood tones.

I have also had issues with those dining chairs so a little bit of research is in order for figuring out how to make them work properly
    **scribbles another item onto sim to-do list**
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    WOW, you sure packed in a lot of stuff in a very small space. However did you figure out where everything should go! Amazing!
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    What a great couple...good genetics are valuable, can never have enough of those running around town. Love the combination of the RH stuff with the IP stuff in their hair/clothing choices. Works well together!