March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,087 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
My friend @friendsfan367 suggested, " i think it would be cool to have like a writer lounge where new writers like me could chat with old writers like you. opps i meant experinced."

So, here we have it! The Writers' Lounge, where new writers can chat with old writers like me!

This is a place to talk about all aspects of your writing! Every Simming and writing question is welcome, and everyone is invited to chime in with writerly suggestions, responses, jokes, feedback, gripes, comments, and conundrums.

Even though we're located in the Sims 4 area, writers of stories involving all Sims games are welcome!

We have people who write stories using Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4 games--and everyone is appreciated and included!

You'll find that we're really welcoming, and we're really cool, and this thread is totally awesome. And we have a few common sense guidelines to help keep it that way. (We've learned from experience! :wink: )
  1. Treat each other with kindness, acceptance, appreciation, and respect.
  2. Follow the EA Forum Guidelines.
  3. Remember that this is a public forum, meaning that anybody anywhere with Internet access can read what you write. If you're a youngster, don't write anything you wouldn't want your mom to read. If you're an adult, don't write anything you wouldn't want your kid or niece or nephew to read.

Please don't feel bad if we pop in for gentle reminders if things get really OT or if we start to veer from the forum guidelines. We still love you!

I'll keep the coffee and tea pots full--you bring your favorite mug, and let's kick back and chat about writing!

Daily Conversations

Join us for daily conversations! We've got themed conversations Monday - Sunday. Of course, you can talk about other things, too! But if you're looking for a specific topic, swing by and join us!

sunday22.png

monday.png

tuesday.png

wednesday.png

thursday.png

friday.png

saturday.png

Writer/Reader Community Threads
You might also enjoy these threads: Freezer Bunny Book Club | Short Story Writing Challenges

How Do I Get Started Writing?
If you have questions about writing SimLit, please see the following guide, written and compiled by @JulyVee94.
A Quick Guide to SimLit

Directory of Active Members
Here's a listing of the blogs/threads of the regulars here. If you'd like to have your blog or thread listed here, please let @friendsfan367 or me (CathyTea) know. I'm kinda busy, so it might take me a little while to get you listed, but I definitely will list your story here, if you request it! And... Happy Reading! :smiley:

Note: Some of these stories may contain adult subject matter. Please read at your discretion.

Acarb90 - Metro - A City Story | Thirty: Looking to the future...
AdamsEve1231 - Kassiopeia Fullbright Story Series | Colt Family Traitacy | From Riverview, With Love | La Vita Bella | Livin' A Simmin' Life | Meanwhile in Another Part of Town | Other Stories | Simblr | Darkness May Dream
AkramA - Castellon Legacy
aroseinbloom - A Rose In Bloom Sims
Arrowleaf - The Landon Legacy
BBQPenguinWings Trish - A Penguin's Adventure in Simming
BlackUndecimber - Winter's Alchemy
Bugsie2016 - Burton Legacy | Life's Lessons | What Are We Really Made Of? |People of the Light Tribe
CathyTea - CathyTea's SimLit Anthology
cecerose0208 - Dreams & Drama Blog on Wordpress/
CharmingMaruska - Truly Curly's Disney Legacy
Chrinnie - The Alvarez Chronicles
CitizenErased - Ashes to Ashes | Dust to Dust *Completed | Paranormal Neighborhood
cshaner - Simfluence: Where Sims Influence the Story
cully_c - Short Stories | Simmillionaire | Wonder Child
Darra84 - My Incredible Adventure in the Sims 4 World
DeafSimmer - Deafsimmer's Sims 4 Stories
DeiraShadeweaver - The Shadowden (Tumblr) | Deira Plays Sims (Wordpress)
divanthesimmer - Divan, the Simmer's SimLit Blog
Dollyllama108 - Catastrophe Theory
EiraRose - Song of the Nightingale
eXokamikaze - ninjapigsims
fabtiffsim - The Ojas Tribe
Faoiltearna - Faoiltearna Sims
Firande - Black Sheep
friendsfan367 - friendsfan36
gameplay9098 - Nerdsimmer's Blog
GhostlyPix - Keep Moving Forward
iheartdinosx3 - The Belle Legacy
ilovebunnys65 - The Watergates
InfraGreen - No Stars Over Uptown
JellySimwich - Life Is
Jes2G - Jes2G Stories
JoieWilder - The Thoreau Legacy | Building Us and The More the Wilder
JulyVee - Julyvee's Sims Stories | Vee is for Vortex
Karilan - Living with Grace
Katrinasforest - Clanbuilding for Dummies
Kurdaneva - The Red Hourglass | The Dark Tale of C.hana Hale
Laura_Jones - The Candle Lit Chronicles
LegacySims2017 - Legacy Sims
lisabee2 - Simsational
lone_cat - Lost in a Magic Realm
LostInReverie - From the Hart
lovesstorms - Lovesstorms Stories
Lynwood - Gieke Legacy | Wishing Upon a Star 2.0 | Operation: Pollinate Newcrest!
LyricSimz15 - Eclipse's Simlit Stories
Madame Lee - Charming Disney Legacy | Disney Sims Neighborhood
Maladi777 - The Heffner Legacy
MamaSimMacho - As the Plumbob Turns
mamasquirrel - Simetics Simedy
mastressalita - Sim Stories
MedleyMisty - In the Valley of the Sun
Meggles - MeggSims
MonaSolstraale - A Turtle's Journey | Tusnelda and Trix
MrsRacooney - Daughters of the Warrioress
MunterBacon - Ironbound and My Life as a Zombie
Nerdfashion - Spellbound/url]
ninaumi -
Tales of My Sims
OJenn - Memoir Me | Memoir Me Thread
orangeplumbob - Second Chances
peatock - Velasco Legacy
Pegasus - makplays
PinotGrigio - Sims and Wine - The Circle
PitlordMaggie - Greenwood Estate
pronterus - Undead with Benefits
ra3rei - Raerei's Fortress
Rainydayz179 - Stormy Dayz Gamez
rednenemom - The Racket-Rotter Chronicles
RipuAncestor - The Fey of Life
RoryGilmore34 - Legacies of the Sims
RosemaryMariee - Noble Doubt and Other Stories
Shadami - Adventures through SimLit
Shadyboop - Beast
SimmerSteffie - Priest Legacy
simscognito - Friends of Foes
Simslover163 - Sims Nation, Sims World, All Things Sims
Sonniejj - Fiore Legacy Challenge
Sourocha - The Life of the Majolentes
squirrelwithacup - Nightshade
StoriedStorm - The Family Black
SunnyShay - Hella Good | Love Shot
SummerFalls - SummerFalls Stories
supernatural103 - Isaac Sisters
swcheppes - Sim-ply Awesome
sweetnightingale - Forever In Time | Another World | Colors of Loving | As Tears Go By | Sweet Nightingale's Sims | SimLit Legacies by Sharon
TaraIris94 - Bachelorette Legacy
TheAemaSimming - McGinnis Legacy
TheMummyof4 - Vicarious Living
ThePlumbob - The Bloomer Legacy
TheYayToast - Rainbow Sundae
Thymeless - Can You Hear the Violins? | Centauri Legacy
Twiggy - Twiggy's Sims Adventures
UniquePuggle - Wallingsford Historical Legacy
VanityHigh - VanityHigh Sim Stories
Wasting_Night - SimSacious Magazine
xMike_BX - Murder Valley Sims

Birthday Registry
If your name is not on this list, and you'd like to be included (so that you can sample some of SummerFalls' awesome happiness birthday cupcakes on YOUR birthday), please PM CathyTea

January 26th - Jes2G
January 27th - eXokamikaze

February 4th - The Sims!
Februay 20th - Sourocha

March 5th - Munterbacon
March 12th - Swcheppes
March 21st - ra3rei
March 22nd - aroseinbloom

April 17th - Pinmat135
April 18th - TheAemaSimming
April 19th - InfraGreen
April 23rd - Maladi777
April 26th - rednenemon

May 12th - Pegasus143
May 19th -Karilan

June 20th - madamelee
June 27th - Bugsie2016
June 29th - SimsLover163

July 3rd - ilovebunnys65
July 7th - kurdaneva
July 23rd - CathyTea
July 26th - Shadami

August 15th - For_Eorzea
August 17th - friendsfan367
August 23rd - ny275
August 29th - Lisabee2

September 1 - PitlordMaggie
September 14th - Shadyboop
September 16th - Pronterus and divanthesimmer
September 19th - lovesstorms
September 28th - VanityHigh
Sept 29th - Anua92

October 2nd - SilverDaybreak
October 25th - DebraF63
October 26th - Meggles

November 4th - LegacySims2017
November 10th - Simscognito
November 26th - Faoiltearna
November 29th - SimTresa

December 9th - AdamsEve1231
December 15th - LyricSimz15
December 17th - StoriedStorm, MedleyMisty, and Acarb90
December 22nd - nerdfashion
December 29th - BlackUndecimber
Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited May 2015
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,087 Member
    bring doughnuts.

You'll have to bring the donuts. I'll bring blueberries! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    bring doughnuts.

lol. i was excited my idea was up so i missed the s fixed now. i think.
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    I'll bring the cupcakes!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    edited May 2015
    So, I think we have so far established these tips for writers, new and old:
    1. have fresh cofffee or tea (I prefer organic, shade-grown, fair-trade, but some writers say, "anything will do.")
    2. have donuts.
    3. have fresh blueberries (again, I prefer organic)
    4. have freshly made cupcakes (red-velvet is a favorite)

And that just about sums up our advice for writers. So, really, that's about all you need to know! :)

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    1. have fresh cofffee or tea (I prefer organic, shade-grown, fair-trade, but some writers say, "anything will do.")
    2. have donuts.

And that just about sums up our advice for writers. So, really, that's about all you need to know! :)
    oh I don't know, 'bout that I think you forgot

Have fun o:)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    2. have donuts.

oh I don't know, 'bout that I think you forgot

Have fun o:)

Oh, yes! Fun is guaranteed with enough a) coffee, b) donuts, c) blueberries, and d) cupcakes, don't you think? :smiley:

• Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    This is a neat idea for a thread. Once we get the posts rolling I wonder if we can request a sticky for this?
    I want to share this article that @lovesstorms shared on the "Don't Get Discouraged" thread--this is such useful information to help understand our cycles and ways of working: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/20-things-remember-you-love-highly-creative-person.html

edited May 2015
    i guess if i'm going to co found a writers lounge i should actually start writing. thank you everyone for stopping by . i told cathtea this morning that i wanted something like this. ilove her you put a idea in her head or completly confuse her and she runs with it. i confused her repeatedly because my first attempt at writing was random posts . that she made a summary of because i confused her .
    bring doughnuts.

this morning i said bring doughnuts. this afternoon i bought bluberrries. when my coffe finishes i'll try and figure out a story and wordpress.
    i started a traditional legacy but as cathtea knows already the first time i tried it it didn't go well. so hopefully my founder lives beyond day 1.i did finish but that was with a lot of help and engouragement.
    i started a traditional legacy but as cathtea knows already the first time i tried it it didn't go well. so hopefully my founder lives beyond day 1.i did finish but that was with a lot of help and engouragement.

The cool thing about writing legacy stories is that sometimes the massive fails become the most exciting and interesting stories!

The cool thing about writing legacy stories is that sometimes the massive fails become the most exciting and interesting stories!

at least now i know they can burn up in a stove fire. in real life just the food catches fire i think.i never heard of a realife story where the whole stove caught fire.
    at least now i know they can burn up in a stove fire. in real life just the food catches fire i think.i never heard of a realife story where the whole stove caught fire.

I think it happened the night my boyfriend and I met... pizza party... the pizza AND the oven caught on fire, but we didn't really notice, because we were talking and by the time we smelled smoke, the hosts had put it out!

how many times have i started over lol. actually i messed up already so i need to start over i can't rember where the suitof armor is.
    You know what's so cool about this thread? Since we started it, we can go nuts with as many off-topic posts as we want! Yay! We don't have to worry about boring others! It's a lounge, right? So if our conversation is boring to others, they can listen to the music instead of listening to us! :)

You know what's so cool about this thread? Since we started it, we can go nuts with as many off-topic posts as we want! Yay! We don't have to worry about boring others! It's a lounge, right? So if our conversation is boring to others, they can listen to the music instead of listening to us! :)

no wonder we get along you think like me.

no wonder we get along you think like me.

I know, right? I never feel wilty-flower with you!

is there a armored suit or did i make that up. sorry for being on topic.

Yes--there's the suit of armor! It's in Buy Mode in the Decorations, under sculptures. It costs a lot, so it's near the end of the list. I just stuck mine in the family inventory once I bought it.

• dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    *Comes in grabs a cup of coffee and sits down* Wow great thread great idea. This sounds like this is going to be a great thread. Actually it already is a great thread.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    *grabs a cup of coffee with a red-velvet cupcake and eats*
    If I may go off topic, I've finally completed my novel to-do list which literally is going to be my life saviour. I now feel so much more organised as to what I need to plan and go into! Planning is going to take a while, but hopefully I can finish planning by the end of this year! :D
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    *grabs a cup of coffee with a red-velvet cupcake and eats*
    If I may go off topic, I've finally completed my novel to-do list which literally is going to be my life saviour. I now feel so much more organised as to what I need to plan and go into! Planning is going to take a while, but hopefully I can finish planning by the end of this year! :D

Yay!!! Way to go. Great job on getting organized and good luck on the planning.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales

Yes--there's the suit of armor! It's in Buy Mode in the Decorations, under sculptures. It costs a lot, so it's near the end of the list. I just stuck mine in the family inventory once I bought it.

i waited for you for so long i looked it up in the search feature.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top