Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Thank you @CathyTea! I think I might just hold back away from the plotting for a couple of hours, write an actual beginning to my legacy story and give it some thought as to how the beginning of this story should go.

That sounds great! Give the creative process a little while to do its work.

so far my creative process is make coffe drink coffe. i haven't been a writer long enoughto know what works.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Thank you @CathyTea! I think I might just hold back away from the plotting for a couple of hours, write an actual beginning to my legacy story and give it some thought as to how the beginning of this story should go.

so far my creative process is make coffe drink coffe. i haven't been a writer long enoughto know what works.

You've got it! That's actually all you need to know. I add to that: do dishes. Water the garden. But that's optional!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

You've got it! That's actually all you need to know. I add to that: do dishes. Water the garden. But that's optional!

i just relized i still haven't wrote anything. opps.
    one quick question. how do i move the screnshots to wordpress?
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member

There's an option to add media when you write a post. Sooo...when you click on that button, you are brought to a screen...there should be a tab in the upper left corner that says "Upload Files" so click that.

From there you should be able to either drag and drop files OR you can add them the traditional way where you locate the files on your hard drive and then click them to add them.

I hope that helps!

There's an option to add media when you write a post. Sooo...when you click on that button, you are brought to a screen...there should be a tab in the upper left corner that says "Upload Files" so click that.

From there you should be able to either drag and drop files OR you can add them the traditional way where you locate the files on your hard drive and then click them to add them.

I hope that helps!

thank you this is my first time with wordpress so i have lot to learn.
    yea i got the fist picture and somehow resized it myself.
  • VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    You'll get the hang of it in no time :heart:
    VanityHigh wrote: »
    You'll get the hang of it in no time :heart:

ii know but i'm a self proclaimed computer dummy so i'm suprised when i get things to work,
    how do people usually publish . i saw a lot of options i just wondered if one was better than the other.
  • dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    how do people usually publish . i saw a lot of options i just wondered if one was better than the other.

I use different methods. If I am writing a bunch of posts in advance I schedule them. If I'm just writing one chapter or two. I publish them straight away. Or sometimes I start writing them then save them as drafts and come back to them. It all depends on what works for you. I also followed you so I can follow along with the story. :)
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales

I use different methods. If I am writing a bunch of posts in advance I schedule them. If I'm just writing one chapter or two. I publish them straight away. Or sometimes I start writing them then save them as drafts and come back to them. It all depends on what works for you. I also followed you so I can follow along with the story. :)

somehow my title page published but the story didn't lol. i guess i need more pratice.
  • dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member

somehow my title page published but the story didn't lol. i guess i need more pratice.

I'm sure you will get the hang of it. Practice makes perfect they say. Wordpress can be very confusing at times.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
    edited May 2015

I saw your title page!

Take a look at "Drafts" to see if there's a draft in there waiting to be published somewhere.

EDIT: Also, so you don't discount how much you've already accomplished, I just want to point out that this weekend you:
    a) came up with the idea for the Writers' Lounge, which has already taken off to become a fun and useful place to hang out.

b) set up your WordPress account.

c) figured out where your screenshots are stored on your computer.

d) uploaded your first photos to Wordpress

e) posted your first WordPress page!

Wow! That's a huge start and a lot to get done in a weekend!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I followed your blog- I find it really interesting to see what people choose to put on the lot at the beginning, as it says a lot about your play style and the sim.
    aggggggggggggggg i'm trying to post the house picture but wordpress but it keeps saying its not allowed.
    aggggggggggggggg i'm trying to post the house picture but wordpress but it keeps saying its not allowed.

Do you have the house picture uploaded in with your media?

i'm hungry . so i don't know.

i'm hungry . so i don't know.

I have this problem all of the time!
    Go eat! :) You've done so much this weekend, you could always consider taking a break then coming back to look at it fresh later. Enjoy your meal! :)

@aroseinbloom Oh, my! Look at JRose! Wow! Luxury party, for sure.

@aroseinbloom Oh, my! Look at JRose! Wow! Luxury party, for sure.

Yeah....I really love her all dressed up so I thought I'd show her off for a bit. She'll dress back in her comfy clothes soon. If I know her at all, this is just a temporary thing ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top