Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited May 2015
    VanityHigh wrote: »
    Holy timezones, batman! But yay for new stories for me to follow :sunglasses:

mine is just a picture. since i use to use a ghostwriter i haven't wrote a lot of words yet.i think i'm scared.
    i still don't know what a story challenge is probably because i made fun of cathtea then got a laugh instead,
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    i still don't know what a story challenge is probably because i made fun of cathtea then got a laugh instead,

There are many of them: Legacy Challenge, Wonderchild, Apocalypse, etc. They are challenges that guide the story along and have rules and such that give the challenge structure.

There are many of them: Legacy Challenge, Wonderchild, Apocalypse, etc. They are challenges that guide the story along and have rules and such that give the challenge structure.

now i feel dumb. i heard of that some of my s3 friends do the apoclypse challenge. with my luckk my sim would die the first day. i should try one with colin though . it could be fun . when i made him it was for a traditional legacy. he didn't like the no house before money rule.everytime he had to use the bathroom he got angry.the funny thing about it was his future wife nyla actually parked herself on his lot and didn't leave so he married her.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

mine is just a picture. since i use to use a ghostwriter i haven't wrote a lot of words yet.i think i'm scared.

If you just write your story the way you write your updates here, it will be fantastic, funny, unique and original! You can think of it as like your comments here--only with pictures!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

If you just write your story the way you write your updates here, it will be fantastic, funny, unique and original! You can think of it as like your comments here--only with pictures!

i discovered pictures are harder . i wanted to post a picture of the first day of work. which my sim still hasn't actually done but it wouldn't go. don't worry you'll be less confused when i get it up.
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    @Rorygilmore34 @friendsfan367 My heart is with both of you. I lost my grandmother last month too. Very suddenly. I was in wuite the creative slump for a while as a result. But isn't it great that we have the wonderful community? We're not alone in our losses. That's a comforting thought to me.

Wonderful idea for a thread by the way @CathyTea I've seen some very promising new stories posted on here already. I foresee expanding my reading list very soon. :)

E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    @Rorygilmore34 @friendsfan367 My heart is with both of you. I lost my grandmother last month too. Very suddenly. I was in wuite the creative slump for a while as a result. But isn't it great that we have the wonderful community? We're not alone in our losses. That's a comforting thought to me.

Wonderful idea for a thread by the way @CathyTea I've seen some very promising new stories posted on here already. I foresee expanding my reading list very soon. :)

i am so happy i had cathteas help with this its like my brain said we got her to write our first legacy summary lets start a story lounge and get her involved. i actually had the idea before i knew about gram so cathtea has been amazing at helping keep this going. shes got plus a millon likes on her s4 page so shes a great motivator.

thank you.
  • RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    @Carewren123 Thank you for your kind words. I am deeply sorry for your loss. Hugs.
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    @Carewren123 Hugging you right now and I'm also stuffing red velvet happiness cupcakes in your mouth... *awkward smile*

Thanks to mine and @aroseinbloom's conversation yestrerday, I now know how to roughly start my story! However, I seem to have an obsession with picking 5 letter names for my characters and it bugs me xD
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    @CathyTea I have a technical question...

I would like to make a, "Meet the Characters" section on my wordpress. Originally I wanted a drop-down tab on the right hand side of the page and when clicked on, individual character names would pop up for people to click on and go read. (Much like an archives menu) But that proved too difficult. Which sucks because I wanted people to have quick access to the character descriptions instead of scrolling through a long page of characters.

So now I have decided to make an individual page with the characters. (Not what I really wanted)

My question is...

I just made a post, "Meet Grace." How in the world do I put this post under the, "Meet the Characters" page? I have looked all over the place on the edit page of the post to see if it has a spot/checkbox that indicates where it should be posted.

Like on your wordpress, you have multiple pages and one even titled, "Other Stories." How did you get those stories to post there?!

I really hope this all made sense. Coffee never kicked in.

i must not build much i forgot the most important item. the front door i wondered why my sims were standing outside.
    @friendsfan367 Your posts always make me giggle. :)
    @CathyTea I have a technical question...

I would like to make a, "Meet the Characters" section on my wordpress. Originally I wanted a drop-down tab on the right hand side of the page and when clicked on, individual character names would pop up for people to click on and go read. (Much like an archives menu) But that proved too difficult. Which sucks because I wanted people to have quick access to the character descriptions instead of scrolling through a long page of characters.

So now I have decided to make an individual page with the characters. (Not what I really wanted)

My question is...

I just made a post, "Meet Grace." How in the world do I put this post under the, "Meet the Characters" page? I have looked all over the place on the edit page of the post to see if it has a spot/checkbox that indicates where it should be posted.

Like on your wordpress, you have multiple pages and one even titled, "Other Stories." How did you get those stories to post there?!

I really hope this all made sense. Coffee never kicked in.

Hi, lovey!

Go to WP admin and then to Appearances. From there, go to the Menus section.

You'll have to drag and drop pages there, but that's how you customize the tabs at the top! The ones you want directly listed on the top should be all the way over on the left. The ones you want to pop up (or really roll down) should be tabbed in once. So...use the page 'Meet the Characters' should have 'Meet Grace' just a big indented underneath it.

I know it sounds a little confusing :( but it does work!

The neat thing about WP is that you can just click on the pages you want to bring over to the menu section and then you can organize from there.

Does that make sense?
    @CathyTea Well, smashing all of the buttons proved instrumental. I went to the, "Meet the Characters" page, found the edit botton at the bottom, and added the post there.

But now this spurs a new question...

Every time I want to add a new character, do I have to go to this edit spot again? It would be just one HUGE post if I keep adding more characters.
    @Carewren123 Hugging you right now and I'm also stuffing red velvet happiness cupcakes in your mouth... *awkward smile*

Thanks to mine and @aroseinbloom's conversation yestrerday, I now know how to roughly start my story! However, I seem to have an obsession with picking 5 letter names for my characters and it bugs me xD

I love our talks! They make me smile. :)
    @friendsfan367 Your posts always make me giggle. :)

thank you. i keep wondering if cathtea is tilll using wigs before i started blogging she said she needed one because all the times i started over made her bald.
    So another thought...

I was thinking of having a section on my wordpress giving credit to the downloads I use from the Gallery. There are some incredible builders out there and I really want to give credit when I take pictures and add them to my stories. What should this section be called? "Credit to Builders?" I have no clue. I want the credit section to have a picture of the item/building/Sim I used and the creators name. That way, they get credit for their hard work and if someone likes it, they can add it to their game.

Thoughts?
    So another thought...

I was thinking of having a section on my wordpress giving credit to the downloads I use from the Gallery. There are some incredible builders out there and I really want to give credit when I take pictures and add them to my stories. What should this section be called? "Credit to Builders?" I have no clue. I want the credit section to have a picture of the item/building/Sim I used and the creators name. That way, they get credit for their hard work and if someone likes it, they can add it to their game.

Thoughts?

builders apreciation thread. maybe?

I love our talks! They make me smile. :)

Me too! We should talk more for more smiles :)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    So another thought...

Thoughts?

builders apreciation thread. maybe?

I know on @lovesstorms' TGTN Website, she has a credits page! It's here if you want to see it:
    https://theregoesthesimsneighborhood.wordpress.com/creditswcif/
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    now i'm happy and depressed . legacy is going well but my sims have more money than me.
    @SummerFalls You rock!!!!!!!!!! This is EXACLTY what I was thinking of! A section giving credit. Big hugs of thanks!!
    @SummerFalls You rock!!!!!!!!!! This is EXACLTY what I was thinking of! A section giving credit. Big hugs of thanks!!

No problem :)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top