FORUM RULES - a polite reminder

SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 Member
Hey Simmers

Just because this is a dedicated Off Topic Chat section, that doesn't mean that our Forum Rules don't apply. Here is a reminder of what those rules are. In essence, be nice, respect each other, be nice, be nice... you get my drift. Oh, and have fun!

Here are the forum rules so that everyone has a great experience discussing all things The Sims as well as all things not The Sims and sharing their stories! Also, don't forget to take a look at EA's Terms of Service:
http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

-Illegal Activities:

- The discussion of illegal activities is not permitted. This includes software piracy, game "cracks," among other things.

- Do not ask for or give out serial numbers. If you have lost your serial number or need a new one, please contact http://help.ea.com/en/the-sims/the-sims-4/

- Do not share accounts. Accounts created with stolen or shared serial numbers will be banned.

- Do not post copyrighted material. This includes text from game guides.

- Do not request or post links to pirated content. This includes items from The Sims 3 Store and Origin

- Do not link to, request, or discuss content that may raise the game rating to an "M". This includes linking to teen pregnancy hacks, nude hacks, etc.
You are welcome to share links for custom content, hacks, and mods as long as they do not raise the T for Teen rating.

Behavior:

- No Swearing. Foul language will not be tolerated. Swearing via substitution of key letters with symbols is against the rules. (Example: If "horse" were a swear word and it was posted as "h****").

- No Flaming. No Trolling. Flaming is intentionally posting hurtful, insulting, or harassing messages to others. Trolling is deliberately posting sarcastic, off topic, or rude remarks in order to incite a fight on the boards. Take the high road and be polite. Respect others even if their opinions differ from yours. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal.

- No Spamming or Flooding. Flooding or spamming means posting disruptive numbers of messages and images, including posting the same message in multiple forums. This also includes "bumping" threads multiple times. "Bumping" a thread is when someone posts "bump" or anything similar in their thread to keep it on the first page of threads. Doing this once or twice is fine, but multiple times within a short period of time is considered spamming. Use your bumps sparingly.

For example:

OK:
SimsFan: I love The Sims! What do you love about it?
SimsFanchick: Me too! I love building!
SimsFandude: Me too! I love making movies!
SimsFan: BUMP! Who else likes The Sims?
Sims4LYFE: I do! I love making stories!
Sims4EVA: I love it!
IheartDaSims: I totally love the sims !
**a few hours or a day later**
SimsFan: BUMP! This is cool! I love reading your replies! Let's see more!

NOT OK:
SimsFan: I love The Sims 3! What do you love about it?
**a few minutes later**
SimsFan: BUMP!
**a few minutes later**
**a few minutes later**
SimsFan: BUMP! Anyone?
**a few minutes later**

We know everyone wants their thread to be seen, but this forum is very large and moves at a fast pace. Keep track of your thread using the bookmarks. Be patient and eventually other players will participate in your thread when they are interested.

- Keep your posts and the Exchange/Gallery clean. Do not post anything referencing adult materials, this includes linking to adult themed patches and downloads for the Sims. Content on this site must be T for Teen rated.

- Please do not post personal information (i.e. your age, contact info, personal pictures, etc.). We have many community members who are underage and we need to do our best to protect them.

- Do not impersonate anyone else on the BBS. This includes moderators, EA employees, other members, celebrities, or anyone else. This includes using a screen name that uses the words "SimGuru" or "Moderator".

Guidelines for Courteous Posting:

- Keep your posts relevant to the section they are in. For example, posts in the Technical Help section should relate to gameplay and technical issues. Posts not relating to the section they are posted in may be deleted.

- Do not post entire messages in ALL CAPS or post multiples of words in extra-large font. This is considered shouting. Shouting is not polite. Find a less "noisy" way to emphasize your ideas.

- Do not post messages with a number of repeated symbols, multiple exclamation marks or multiple question marks. (For example: ~ ~, **, !!!, ???) Do not post blank or "no text" messages.

- Confine your signature to three lines or less. Keep the content of your post easy on the eyes and focused. Having a lengthy signature distracts and clutters the board.

- Do not create multiple threads for one topic or post your thread in every category.This includes spamming advertisements of your website. Simply choose the one most fitting for your post. Try to include all your points in a single thread. You may post a link to your website once or twice, but not repeatedly. You can also advertise your website in your signature or Profile page.

- Make your subject titles as direct and descriptive as possible. Simply writing, "Help" is not informative. A better subject might be, "I Need Help with The Sims 4 Gallery."

- Do not post threads with misleading thread titles. (For example: Subject Thread: "Look what I discovered!" -- Actual Subject Text: "Where can I find cheats?")

- Do not hijack threads. Hijacking means to redirect the topic of a thread. Keep your replies relevant to the original poster's thread.

- Keep your posts on topic with The Sims games and The Sims website. You’re more than welcome to use your Profile page for off topic posts.

Images, Avatars, and Signatures:

- Do not include religious, political or blatantly controversial content in your signature. This is not the place to debate politics or religion. Signatures that include references to these topics are considered inappropriate, just as it would in a post. Linking to pirated content and harmful content, such as trojan horses or adult-themed content is also inappropriate.

- Please limit your signature to one image, large signatures may distract other players in the forums.

- Do not use personal photos in your avatars or signatures. Via the Terms of Service:
DO NOT - Post or communicate any person's real-world personal information using an EA Service.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top