Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    Lexi51502Lexi51502 Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love to have my sims become famous again, The social media career is a great start to it, but I want my sims to become successful singers, musicians, and even actors! I think it would be so cool
  • Options
    davidrolanddavidroland Posts: 10 New Member
    i would really like to see new features like we've had before in The Sims 3 series like:
    - Color Palette/Wheel in CAS/Build Mode
    - Useable Elevator
    - Build more than 4 levels (atleast 5 floors above the ground like sims 3)
    - Ability to build friezes on second level or above that
    - Terrain Tool

i'm a sims 4 builder, i really like to build huge buildings like hotels, malls, museums, etc. So i would really love to see my wishlist above became true!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2017
    GP01 Outdoor Retreat give twice the same outfit to the female sims, I would like to get a Masculine version of it (No breast)

3c1af1f2-00000002-000112ea.jpg3c1af1f2-00000002-00011c3f.jpg

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    There is a lot to be improved. After all TS4 is still a baby (So to speak). Though finding an area to start is the list of improvements is the tricky task. So..

- River, ocean swimming and fishing..
    - Making and selling potions..
    - More customization tools.
    - Terrain tools like, ability to raise and lower, add water other than pools and fountains.

I could keep going on and on but I think I'll stop there. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    crua9crua9 Posts: 43 Member
    It would be kinda cool if there was ARX support.
    http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/developers
    Like what I was thinking of is seeing if there is a way to get a compatible keyboard to light up a given color if everything is good, not so much, you need to look at now for anyone in your home. Also I'm wondering if there is a way to show the stats of the current control Sim through your phone/tablet using Arx.
    Note: the Arx thing you don't need to buy anything to run it. All you need is to run the software on your computer and have the app running on your phone. Giving you're on the same network, and the app sees your computer. You will be able to use it
  • Options
    IdeasforsimsIdeasforsims Posts: 116 Member
    The Idea is a ‘sleepover pack’. I believe it would be successful because it realistic and adds another family element to the game which is always in high demand. I think I have too many ideas for it to be a stuff pack and not enough for it to be an expansion pack, so it would fall into the game pack category. Throwing a sleepover would be a social event and obviously the children would turn up in their sleepwear. This game pack could include:
     Sleeping bags and air mattresses and bunk beds [Children could bring their own sleeping bags but I think it’s easier for the host to provide that so they could arrange everything how they wanted]
     Face masks [INTERACTIVE] [They could come in a wooden basket kind of arrangement for the action or you press on a mirror]
     New Clothes [Pyjamas, slippers, bed time accessories like sleeping masks and new hairstyles]
     Sweets and Fizzy drinks [Drinking and eating too much could introduce new buffs like a sugar rush or causing a sim to feel sick]
     Costume chest [For children where they could dress up and play games like in ‘The Sims 3: Generations]
     Board games [INTERACTIVE] [Could include another version of monopoly or Pictionary]
     Games that aren’t board games [Spin the bottle, truth or dare conversation and twister]
     Painting your own nails or each other’s nails [Could introduce some kind of nail polish tray for the action and have a range of colours as well as a few nail art patterns]
     Doing each other’s makeup [I was thinking this should be included in the vanity desk but realised that only owners of the ‘Vintage stuff pack’ have the vanity desk, so it could just be an option when you click on another sim or could just be available for people who do have the Vintage stuff pack]
     Build a fort option [Sims could sleep in there or just play and talk to each other][Adults get other options like woohoo and try for a baby and teens could maybe get the mess around option]
     Other Furniture [New standard beds, dressers, bean bags, wall art, clutter items like pillows and candles and anything else that you could think of]
     Pillow fight option
     Tea parties [For children, these could just be make believe where they act as if they’re having one and arrange all the cups ect. or they could actually have drinks and snacks]
     Treehouses [Like the ones from ‘Sims 3: generations’, sims could potentially host their sleepovers in there]
     Lots of communication options [For example: Tell ghost story option with flashlights, talk about boys or girls or crush option and maybe even an establish crush option]
     Pull a prank on someone at the sleepover option [To do this I was thinking you selected the person then through the communication section you select pull a prank and it comes up with a few ideas]
  • Options
    ZvitatzkiZvitatzki Posts: 27 Member
    better free will options (disable on specific sim entirely) :/

it says we control the story but my sim does all it want to do by self

i play roleplaying like and i only play my own character Zvitatzki and i already set "disable free will on selected sim"

but once i tell my family member to use the toilet Zvitatztki already goes do something I NOT WANT

we need some option to choose disable free will by specific sims entirely

i searched everything over hours there seems no mod to do this anywhere

i always had this mod in Sims 2 in Sims 3 but i can not find a solution in 4

i like begging all day this free will setting to be added :)

sorry bad english
  • Options
    DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    Some of my ideas:

CAS:

1) Body and facial scars
    2) More facial hair options for men
    3) More content for toddlers
    4) Different outfits for baby
    5) Add, delete or customize babies in CAS
    6) Canes or walkers (like TS3 Generations)

Build/Buy:

1) Curved stairs (not just complete vertical spiral stairs)
    2) Ladders (functional)
    3) Option to make ramps to get into homes on foundations instead of stairs
    4) Sliding doors
    5) Basement/cellar floor doors
    6) Stairs that pull down from the ceiling
    7) Hidden doors and panels to lead to hidden rooms, crawl spaces, halls, etc.
    8) Fans (functional, animated. Maybe give relief for sims who are tense, uncomfortable, or even angry)
    a. Ceiling fans
    b. Wall fans
    c. Floor fans
    d. Surface area fans
    9) Windows that can open and close (namely, in live-mode)
    10) Curtains for windows and beds that can open and close (namely, in live-mode)
    11) More aquatic life to choose for aquariums

World Map:

1) Mountains world
    2) Beach world
    3) Farming world
    4) Functional Orphanage venue (can go to adopt or even run/live in)

Live-Mode:

1) Acting career
    2) Modeling career
    3) Fashion or home consultant (like TS3 Ambitions)
    4) Firefighter career (like TS3 Ambitions)
    5) News reporter/Journalist career
    6) Transportation via scooters, skateboards, rollerblading, etc.
    7) Can assign sims some basic handicaps (can set at different percentage odds to be born with any/all options and/or random chance during game play)
    a. Deaf
    i. Can only communicate through simlish sign language
    ii. Can teach others sign language skill
    iii. All sims can take class for skill
    iv. All sims can learn through books
    b. Blindness
    i. Whether born blind or randomly becoming blind, these sims are a little clumsy and cautious at first as they adjust to life
    ii. Learn braille skill
    iii. Buy and read braille books
    iv. Navigate the world or home with cane or dog (with Pets Pack)
    c. Wheelchair Bound
    i. Functional and animated wheelchair
    ii. Use ramps to get in raised buildings
    iii. Can transfer self or have any sims’ assistance to and from bed, bath, chairs, on/off toilet, etc.
    iv. Have experimental surgeries or medicine that gives chance to cure sims
    d. Crutches, walker, or cane necessary to get around
  • Options
    Lolli999Lolli999 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi
    The sims have always been a joy of mine, but I felt like something has been missing.
    I’ve tried looking back at some of the old games, which have made me end up with these ideas for the sims 4:

Aliens
    I quite enjoyed the part where aliens was introduced in TS4. I liked the occult part of it where female aliens could get male sims pregnant, while getting impregnated themselves. (I know you deleted it but why don’t make an off switch where players can choose to turn it off?)

Moving
    In TS3 you could buy a house for the children. It kind a made it more fun because you needed the money to buy them out. Now you just save and save, and the money chase isn’t what it used to be.

Dine out
    In TS2 the sim could be operating the restaurant by themselves (almost
  • Options
    Lolli999Lolli999 Posts: 19 Member
    Now you “have to” hire waiters, hostess and cooks. I would be nice to be able to self-serve the restaurant

Fertility
    I have heard there’s some problems with fertility. Earlier on people kept having twins or triplets. Now I don’t have twins wary often, and triplets even less (never actually). Therefore it would be nice to interduce a switch in the menu, making it possible to decide yourself the possibility of singles, twins and triplets.

Ideas for some games.:
    Farm life
    World:
    - Big grounds with the possibility to make a farm
    - Farmers market in the middle (to sell wheat and oat

Skills:
    For Sims
    - Riding
    - Butchering
    - Treadmilling

For horses
    - Walking
    - Jumping

For cats
    - Sitting
    - Jumping
    - Laying down
    - Playing dead

Dogs
    - Sitting
    - Laying down
    - Jumping
    - Playing dead
    - Barking

Badges:
    Like in the sims 2 open for business you could get a bronze, silver and gold batch. That was a different way to say people were good at things, and opened up for other opportunities and stuff you could make.
    - Harvesting plow
    - Butchering
    - Treadmilling

New animals:
    The farm expansion pack could contain, pigs, cows, chickens, horses, dogs and cats. The animals could be like pigs for chops, the cows for milk and chops, the chicken for eggs and meat. Horses could be for labor and shows, the dogs and cats for show as well. The pigs, cows, chickens and horses can be brought at a big farm in another buy city. Here they’re standing in stalls and a sim can pic the animals there. The cats and dogs are bought at an animal store where all things needed for animals can be bought too, like in the sims deluxe.

Working at the farm:
    The farming life could be a self-employed job. The pack could open up the opportunity to be self-employed on things you can make money on (painting, harvesting). Living as a self-employed farmer the farmers can make money on eggs and meat from the chickens, milk and meat from the cows and meat from the pigs. The animals will be able to reproduce. There could also be honey bees so there can be wax and honey. Milk, eggs, honey, wax and meat can thereafter be sold in the farmer’s market or in a home store. The home store should be like the other store function, just on the home ground.
    Items:
    - Milk machine – The cows will be taken to the milk machine and milk cartons will come out.
    - Butcher machine – The sim will take the animal into the machine as the sim choses what to do
    - Chicken house – Is a house where the chicken live. Here they sleep, lay eggs and breed. The chicken house should be in the chicken pound.
    - Options to make a stall – Walls, water troughs, hay, outdoor houses.
    - Fields – dirt to plant corps
    - Corps
    • Oat
    • Corn
    • Hay – For the animals
    - Farm furniture
    - Farm paint and brick walls
  • Options
    clerks76clerks76 Posts: 6 New Member
    I think the Elders are a mostly forgotten about part of the Sims when stuff and game packs come out. I find playing Elders to be hilarious at times. Would love to see a retirement community game pack. Was watching Seinfeld about a week ago, and found the Del Boca Vista shows to be hilarious. To me, so much funny stuff can be played with in this type of pack. Just my opinion maybe.
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    Please bring back MEMORIES.
  • Options
    hughughughug Posts: 82 Member
    Even when I have story progression of unplayed sims turned off they still build relationships. I'll play as one family, move to another, come back and one sims will be enemies with a sim and in love with another. I don't know if that's possible to fix but it sure is irritating.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,094 Member
    majibby wrote: »
    more gradual aging would be really cool rather than just a baby springing from it's cradle straight into a toddler. For example, maybe they could gradually grow from a newborn in a cradle to a baby crib and from there to a toddler.
    I think the crust (base game) is not baked evenly for this to be fixed. The team can Always find room for improvement with the base and detailed, gradual aging in the sims 4 would have been a nice advancement in the sims series in general. I agree with you.
  • Options
    ferngirlsferngirls Posts: 26 Member
    Hey guys i really need you to read this and make sure that the SimGurus see it!! I would like the sims 4 to have a seperate money system. There could be a setting in options asking if you want the money to be seperate for all sims or have the money as a family. If you check the first option each sim will have their own money(click on one sim and they will have their money, click on another sim and they will have theirs). If you check the second option the money will be like how it is currently. This helps because for example if you want two siblings to live together then they wont have to share money. They can make their own money and spend it how they wish. It could also make the game more realistic because you would have to click on the parents in order to buy their kids stuff. The teens would still be able to make their own money if they wish because they can get a part time job, but the parents can also buy their teens stuff. Please SimGurus i would love to see this idea in the sims 4 soon!! It should also be more simpler to incorporate into the game as well since we already have the second option. Just add the first one for me will ya?
  • Options
    hitomieyeshitomieyes Posts: 108 Member
    We need a firefighter npc.
    And for the fun of the game, I hope the revival of thieves npc.
  • Options
    zombeegodesszombeegodess Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be a great touch to be able to modify the height in TS4 instead of all your sims being the same height.
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    hitomieyes wrote: »

Firefighters and burglars, plus newspapers is a must have on my list, it will be nice if they included Firefighters and Burglars especially, it was fun watching burglars get busted when the alarm goes off :P
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    hitomieyeshitomieyes Posts: 108 Member
    hitomieyes wrote: »

Firefighters and burglars, plus newspapers is a must have on my list, it will be nice if they included Firefighters and Burglars especially, it was fun watching burglars get busted when the alarm goes off :P

Me too!
    The Sims 4 packs are awesome,
    I feel a bit bored.
    It seems to be because of the above-mentioned npc and events.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Firefighters and burglars, plus newspapers is a must have on my list...

Agreed!
    And my hopes are up that with pets we will at least get newspaper back so that a dog can bring the papers to its owner or rip it apart :)

„ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    ferngirls wrote: »
    Hey guys i really need you to read this and make sure that the SimGurus see it!! I would like the sims 4 to have a seperate money system. There could be a setting in options asking if you want the money to be seperate for all sims or have the money as a family. If you check the first option each sim will have their own money(click on one sim and they will have their money, click on another sim and they will have theirs). If you check the second option the money will be like how it is currently. This helps because for example if you want two siblings to live together then they wont have to share money. They can make their own money and spend it how they wish. It could also make the game more realistic because you would have to click on the parents in order to buy their kids stuff. The teens would still be able to make their own money if they wish because they can get a part time job, but the parents can also buy their teens stuff. Please SimGurus i would love to see this idea in the sims 4 soon!! It should also be more simpler to incorporate into the game as well since we already have the second option. Just add the first one for me will ya?

You're in the right place. This is a very active Thread. Many people will see your comment.
    I love your Ideal. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    hughug wrote: »
    Even when I have story progression of unplayed sims turned off they still build relationships. I'll play as one family, move to another, come back and one sims will be enemies with a sim and in love with another. I don't know if that's possible to fix but it sure is irritating.

I have had this problem as well.

I thought it was strange because my Sim did not have a fight with the other sim, but I saw that they hated each other. I think what happens is. your sims go places and talk to other and also get mad. we only see they had a problem after the fact. lol,
    Maybe they met up with a hothead sim.
    Sims and kids can be missing from the house when they should be at home. sometimes you can check and it will tell you where they are.
    that way you make them come back home, and try to keep them out of trouble. and hanging around bad Sims :D Lol.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    To be honest, I'm suprised how many people want newspaper back. It was usually one of the first feature I turn off in the previous games ;)
  • Options
    navaninavani Posts: 86 Member
    Please bring the pre-teens! TS4 teenagers look like young adults and this has created a limbo in the game. No one comes out of childhood and reaches the height they will have for the rest of their lives. Pre-teens will make the game more realistic!
  • Options
    ZvitatzkiZvitatzki Posts: 27 Member
    > @natbongiovani said:
    > Please bring the pre-teens! TS4 teenagers look like young adults and this has created a limbo in the game. No one comes out of childhood and reaches the height they will have for the rest of their lives. Pre-teens will make the game more realistic!

yes pls !!!

the only mod i had to change height is not combitable anymore to MC

pre-teens is a MUST HAVE already in base game

another thing i think important is social interraction to the other as example

"how are u ?" and display the needs of the sim we ask

they always unhappy in red state and i have seriosly no idea why

if atleast i known its low fun i can try jokes or fun activity if its hunger i know to make food etc

will be nice too if we can ask the age and they answer how many days till next age

its not so nice when i just find a bf and 3 days later he becomes elder ^^

sorry bad english