Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    OK I just realized that we need more lower body part tattoos.
  • Options
    saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    better hospital staff and small addition to retail shop customer, they will using shopping bag when buy things.
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    They should bring back newspapers, burglars, firefighters, and story progression. These are the few out of many things the Sims 4 needs right now.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    I would like to get richer and overall more meaningful core gameplay rather than just more stuff. Of course I want seasons and university and such but what I really want are:
    -attraction system(would be so much fun and make sims feel more like individuals)
    -memories and fears(would just make the game feel more real)
    -Sims reacting more to the world and sims around them. This has been fixed a little but not enough
    -Preteens(right now I can hardly distinguish teens, young adults and adults from each other, preteens would make this more acceptable and bring brand new gameplay)
    -Ability to build apartments and at least place them in other worlds

And some small things I would like to see:
    -heavier radio stations like metal, dark wave, rock, because now we don't really anything like that
    -piercings
    -longer hairs(even a little)
    -bunk beds
    -cars, carpools, school buses, taxis..(sims 2 style)
    -burglars
  • Options
    fifilacotafifilacota Posts: 47 Member
    In general I wish the game were a little more interactive or engaging with the player so it isn't just me controlling the pace of the game. There seemed to be a lot more random stuff happening to our sims in the earlier games like burglars, visitors, cars, police and firemen, etc. This is especially lacking when it comes to packs like Vampires. I think Vampires could go even further with their rules as well as establishing
    in-game consequences. Like what if we could choose whether vampires are known around town or if they live in secret? If they live in secret what will happen if a vampire shows their powers in front of human sims?
    2lub093.png
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    NPC garbage trucks, ambulances, firetrucks, taxis, pizza delivery, ice cream truck, maybe even planes flying overhead
    Animal control (with Cats & Dogs)
    Martial Arts Sims earn different degrees and belts.
    Bike riders, roller skates, skateboarders, even a unicycle
    With a Seasons pack ice skating, ice fishing? Growing grass with lawn mowers, kite flying, umbrellas, sunbathing, sunburns
  • Options
    Marryrose232Marryrose232 Posts: 2 New Member
    1) Sims that move out can take items/furniture/household money with them (So much excess money in "parent" lot, but kids who move out are dirt poor. All the poor lots are already filled)

2) I wish you could change the height of your sims that would be cool

3) more sims in a family at a town not just eight

4) maybe when you are choosing a relationship thing in the Sims edit place maybe you could make it so like they could be step mom and dad's and what not

5) lifespan control like sims 3

6) maybe a pre teen

7) maybe more stuff for the toddlers and more interactions with them and the infant's
  • Options
    AKLSimmerAKLSimmer Posts: 78 Member
    1. Deleting sims in map view no longer delete their furniture, but keep them instead.
    2. Ability to bulldoze a lot in map view (You already can bulldoze a residential lot through moving in a family and choose bulldoze lot, so I don't see why not).
    3. Split money when sims move out instead of having the default 20,000 for the new household.
    4. More search options in gallery: search sim name, search full text in description, etc.
    5. Ability to have more than 4 ground floors + 2 basement floors in the same building. If our computer can handle it, we can build a high rise if we want.
  • Options
    timndrewsmomtimndrewsmom Posts: 50 Member
    I wish we had just a few more lots in each town
    I also would LOVE the option to compost the things that go bad or when they clean out fridge and not yet bad and the Sims with Gardening level med can compost to use on their garden.

Still will miss horses but hope it will come in a game play pack
    Pre teens as said above would be good

ability to change paintings so we do not need a lot of them
    Lastly Thank you for adding more Toddler things and for giving us Pets.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited September 2017
    Jogging, swimming, and many animations were improved , it's wonderful :) !

Now I would like Playing foosball become less robotic.
  • Options
    knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    I am new but I have a lot of ideas. I can't make my own original post yet, so I would like to post some ideas I had. There are many beautiful areas in the game. I have an artistic sim that would just love to paint Sylvan glade or visit the forgotten grotto and paint the fireflies and crystals there. Can anyone tell me how to get an easel into there? Is there a cheat I can do?

I was thinking about the new expansion pack with Pets. I think it would be neat if cats could prowl around at night and meet up with other cats to plot things. It would be sort of a cat secret meeting place, but your cat could only get to the spot. It would be one of those secret places you can find in the game. It would be a wild place with little nooks and crannies, such as cat sized burrows or rock caves to sleep in, interesting plants and bugs, places to fish and everything your cat needs to rough it outdoors.

When played the sims 3 pets I used to try to hide a cat bed up inside rocks and surround it by plants and stuff. This is so I could sort of have a lair for the cat. Maybe in this expansion there could be a more natural place to sleep such as in a tree, hollow log, or little rock cave. There should be everything a cat needs to survive, so you can just play as a cat and you don't even have to have humans.

I also think some cats could be spies. They see everything and they remember everything. Then they can run and tell things to other cats or humans they are close to. They can gossip about other people or pets.

Cats are afraid of cucumbers. There are so many videos online of this. What you do is wait for your cat to eat or be paying attention to something else. Then you put a cucumber down behind them. When they turn around, if they don't know it is there, they will see it and think it is a snake for a second. This will make them jump.

Cats will naturally walk around and just push things off of the edge of furniture. If you have a drink, your phone or anything they like to push it off. Then they will look at you to see if you are paying attention to what they just did.

I think cats should be able to jump up on the bed and sit right on your head or breathe on your face or boop your nose with their paw. Cats do that stuff when they want attention and you are trying to sleep. They just jump right in your lap when you try to read a book or will sit right on your computer keyboard when you want to type. Basically, if your cat can do it, they will. There is just no place off limits. If they can fit, they sit. If they don't know what to do with it, they push it off the edge or break it.

Some cats and dogs like to "play the piano". They think they sound great, howling and meowing. Different sims would react differently to this, either being annoyed, interested, find it hilarious, inspiring or artistic, depending on the age and aspirations of the sim.

Some animals seem to be able to think about blaming another animal for what they just did. I imagine cats would blame a lot of stuff on the dog. Dogs would look guilty sometimes even if they didn't do anything.

I had this other idea that some Sims could be dreamers. That is, Sims sleep for many hours. Why waste that? Why not be able to "enter dreamland". Sometimes you could get this option. Then for the next few hours you can have your sim do all sorts of stuff with no repercussions, because it is just a dream. They could be romantic with any sim they know. They could even practice skills or have abilities in the dream they don't normally have. Really anything could happen. There could be some build items that only exist in the dream world, and interactions that only happen there. So you could craft a dream for them that can be good or bad or both, depending on what items you use. You could make everything look like candy land or everything dark and creepy. This could even be a whole pack of stuff. You could ask people to describe some of their dreams and then try to come up with all sorts of weird stuff.

I think there should be different dances the sims can do. Like toddlers could do dances like the kids do at school, like hokey pokey dance, chicken dance, sassy dance, silly dance.

Little kids should be able to act out a skit. There could be like a box castle, box house, box boat, and other stuff all made of cardboard. When you first buy it, it is unfinished. Your artistic kids can paint on it and finish it. Then you click on it and do "act out a skit" and then the kid will do a quick costume change and act out a part. If you have enough kids then you can see the whole play. So you could have a play that is like a fairy tale at a castle, a play about pirates, aliens, vegetables in the garden, pets, fishing or any sort of thing.
  • Options
    Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    A WEDDING PACK!!!!! There is a lack of wedding gameplay in The Sims 4 and it is absolutely needed to make the game much better!!!
  • Options
    Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    [b]stroller[/b] for toddlers!!! It is really weird that in the toddler stuff pack there wasn't a stroller included! Really really needed also
  • Options
    rosebudsrosebuds Posts: 5 New Member
    seasons please
  • Options
    _Kiss_Kiss Posts: 18 Member
    I definitely agree with larger neighborhoods. It just feels so empty without more neighbors.
  • Options
    SimsPlayer1196SimsPlayer1196 Posts: 50 Member
    The ability to have one sim at home and one out in the town and be able to switch back and forth between them!
  • Options
    SimsPlayer1196SimsPlayer1196 Posts: 50 Member
    > @SimsPlayer1196 said:
    > The ability to have one sim at home and one out in the town and be able to switch back and forth between them!

Sorry, I know you can switch between them, but I hate how the game has to load when you switch. I want it to be like the Sims 3 where you just click on the sim and it automatically switches to them (no loading screen required).
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    The ability to have one sim at home and one out in the town and be able to switch back and forth between them!

One time while I was playing sims 4 I was the sim at home, and I wanted to be the sim that went to the bar, Just like you said switch, so I kept clicking buttons, then the game asked me do I want to be the other sims, and I said yes and it allowed me to. I do not know how to do that again.
    But since that did happen even just the once we must have the ability to switch.
    So if they could give us the correct way to do that switching back and forth would be fun. And the world would feel more open.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    MystynMystyn Posts: 4 New Member
    Some of this may not be relevant to the topic, but it needs to be added to get the ideas out there.

* Variation of exterior sliding doors.
    * Sliding closet doors
    * Interior pocket doors
    * Doors with opaque windows for a bedroom or bathroom
    * More door and window options... that match.
    * Interactive Washer and dryer!
    * Laundry room decorations
    * Interactive Closet filling to replace dressers and that aren't the size of 2x2 rather 2x1 or 1x1. Think foyer closet with coats and shoes, or bedroom closet.
    * Stairs! L shaped, U shaped, Diagonal, Spiral, ladders, poles, etc. Just more ways to get to the second floor!
    * More interactive careers like in GTW. Teacher, Military, Department store (clerk to manager), come to mind.
    * More career options in general. Perhaps a career to be a welfare bum.
    * More used/grungy stuff. Can't make a trailer park without some grunge!
    * DIY apartments
    * Bigger neighborhoods
    * More retail store types such as laundromat, corner store, gas station
  • Options
    adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    More dark - gothic stuff.
    Metal, Dark Ambient - More Radio Stations.
    Piercing !!!
    Cemetery!!!
    Please do not forget that Sims 4 is also playing Goths and the game has very few things for them.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Piercing (many options).
    Body hair (many options).
    Freckles (many options).
    Length and Nail Color.
    More tattoos.
    More extreme colors for the hair.
    Cemetery.
    Ability to choose white color fog for the coffin.
    Ability to turn off the day so that it's always been night.
    Night fog.
    Metal, Dark Ambient - New Radio Stations.
    Creepy Dark stuffs for Goths.
    Ability to choose vampire eyes and teeth for ordinary sims.
    "Blood" flows from the fountain (the ability to change the color of water to red).
    More black color.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I do not want to use mobile phones, computers, etc., I like to live with newspapers, typewriters, letters and so on.
    I always play in the old days, but Sims 4 does not allow me to dive into them completely because of the cell phone, computers and so on.
    I want to live like Tasha Tudor in my game (and my life*.*)
    Post edited by adele_kat on
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    Get rid of the constant over exaggerated smiling, and sims staring into nothingness and always laughing even when they are not happy. It's creepy and so, so annoying.
    Also we need more hair colors: pure white, pastel blue and pastel orange, beige and so on.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    what can be done to fix the sims4 in my honest opinion would be to remove the nude outfit number 1 and restore the proper filters for clothes in create a sim.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Free_SpiritFree_Spirit Posts: 4 New Member
    I think Sims should be able to interact more with each other. It may be too much to ask for but I like the idea of Sims that are in a relationship sitting on each others laps, leaning against each other on couches, actually cuddling in bed, things like that. At the moment the ways Sims interact is so stiff and plastic, I wouldn't mind a little bit more freedom with that type of thing. Also sitting positions and things like that would be really cool, adding a little more personality to Sims. I would also love an option for like teens and kids to sit on kitchen counters, tables, arm-rests, stuff like that. I know there are mods for this type of thing but I'm not a huge fan of mods and I feel like they should be in base game... idk, I'm probably asking for way too much, I just think it's a cool idea.