March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I have started this thread for those simmers who may be going through hard times, and would like to have a place where they can post about how they are feeling , and receive caring support from fellow simmers. We are here for you.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I was going to post something on my wall last month but I didn't know if I should because I didn't want to cause a scene or make a fuss about it. I actually got some bad news from my doctor recently. I don't want to go into detail but I'm scared about my health. Anyway, it's nice to see support. Thanks for making this thread . :)

Oh I'm sorry I hope everything is okay.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    @rosemow What a nice idea!
    @SelenaGrey Sending you a lot of Get Well wishes <3
    24121.gif
  • PeachesnDucksPeachesnDucks Posts: 1,537 Member
    @goofygoober25 I'm sorry you are dealing with all that you are, family and your disability, that's a lot to carry! I hope that your mother continues to improve in her health and becomes stronger, it has to be a scary time for her and you both. As for your sisters, there isn't a lot you can do, but you can be there for your mom. As Selena said, love her, help her and be there for her. It's all you can do at this point. In time, who knows your sisters may figure it out and clean up their own act. If you ever need to vent, you know we are here for you. Sims is a great outlet, to be able to have fun and zone and not think about reality so much. Hang in there. Big hugs to you. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member
    I am so glad this thread was made. I honestly hope you all find some small comfort here. As for me, I have a lot on my shoulders right now, and I am so worried. This year my mom was in ICU for two weeks and almost died of a severe infection. At one point the doctors said she only had a 15% chance of living. Luckily she made it through but she is just so incredibly sick that I fear I may lose her. She happens to be my best friend second only to my husband. I feel like I am losing my family. My father passed. I do not have contact with my sisters because of their actions. One is a prescription drug addict and constantly steals from or begs for my moms pain medication. Mom just gives in because shes too sick to argue and she suffers for it. My other sister fell in with the wrong people, and shows signs of street drug use and I am all but certain she is pregnant because she is starting to look like it. She refuses to get a job and milks off the government and takes advantage of my mom. I just cannot stand the fact that they constantly take and take and take from her. To top if off, I have had a disability since I was 15 years old (26 now) and have been unable to work because of it. I cannot get any kind of financial help because I have never worked. My husband and I have absolutely no savings to our name because all of it goes to the doctor bills because of psychiatric and health related issues and medication which are vital to my well being (only reason I am simming right now is because a computer and the game were gifted to me as a gift from my grandmother in an attempt for me to reach out to others and have a little fun on the side) I feel so alone because I have no friends besides my husband/mom/grandmother and because of my disability I will never be able to start a family of my own. I feel like I have complained too much, but I just feel like I had to get that off my chest and I am thankful for the listeners. I realize there are people a lot worse off than I am and I am thankful for what I have, but sometimes it feels like too much. Thanks for reading, whoever takes the time to read this. I hope you all find happiness, even if it is a small piece.

I love the things that other people have said to you here. Just remember that if you don't take care of yourself first, you can't be there for anyone else. And no, you have not complained too much! I'm delighted that you have this outlet, and a virtual world that you can play in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,898 Member
    edited November 2014
    Well no health concerns or anything for me but there is a lot of family drama going on in my family. I'll tell you the story.

In September, for my niece's 3rd birthday, we went to the Discovery Museum and had load of fun. At this party was my mom, dad, younger brother, younger sister, older sister, brother in law, my brother in law's mom and sister and a bunch of other people but they aren't really involved in the drama. Museum was fun la di dah.

Then we came back to the house and this is when the drama started. My brother in law's house was robbed two years ago (they took his PS3, some headphones and a garden hose among other things) and it was proven my younger brother was the reason behind that. My brother in law forgave my younger brother and everyone's moved on. A few months ago, my younger brother was involved in some questionable activities while staying at my brother in law and sister's house. My brother in law works as a security guard and my sister is a social worker so you know they can't get involved in some questionable mess, less losing their jobs. My brother in law was mad when he found out about these activities. so he told my mom and dad that my younger brother was not welcome back at his house and they said ok. And some nonsense happened with my younger sister too that I'm not even going to go into.

Ok so fast forward to the party. My mom and dad decided to bring my younger brother to the party despite the fact that my brother in law said he wasn't welcome. My brother in law pulled my mom and dad aside to remind them again that my younger brother was not welcome. From what I heard my mom BLEW UP at him and started getting defensive they even pulled my sister into the mix. They even said things like my brother in law is a good for nothing freeloader and he's cheating on my sister and blah blah blah. So now on top of my brother not welcome back, my younger sister, my mom and my dad are not welcome here either.

My problem is now everyone is trying to involve ME in the drama. I live here with my sister and brother in law. I watch their daughter and I'm about to go to dealer school to learn poker and blackjack. I don't like drama. I also don't see any problems with my sister and brother in law and their marriage, but then again I'm not looking because it's none of my business, nor is it anyone else's. But that not stopping my family from nosing in. I like my brother in law, and in some ways we are a lot alike. We both like anime, we both like computers, we both hate drama and we both pretty much keep to ourselves.

My grandmother called a few weeks later and now SHE'S involved in it too. She had some negative things to say about my brother in law. The problem here is that EVERYONE in my family is going to mess up their chances of ever seeing my niece again. They already p'oed her father, they are smidge close to p'oing her mother too and then my mom and dad won't see their granddaughter and my grandmother won't see her great granddaughter ever again if they don't all just chill out.

I think my brother in law has ever right to not want my younger brother here. But he shouldn't have brought the problem up on his daughter's 3rd birthday. That was wrong but it was also wrong for my mom and dad to disrespectfully bring my younger brother here when it was already told to them that he was not welcome here.

But anyways what's a family gathering without a little drama right? I just wish they would keep me out of it. I'm neutral. I just think everyone acted pretty immaturely that day.

Now no one is talking to each other and it's really awkward. And I feel like they want ME to pick a side and I honestly don't think it's fair to either me or my 3 year old niece. And family Thanksgiving this year, unfortunately, is not going to happen. The first time in 20 something years we are not spending Thanksgiving together all because of this mess. :(

And on top of this, my family is always keeping secrets from each other and the secrets aren't even secrets at all. Just drama mostly about money and they are always piling these so called secrets on me and be like "Don't tell Grams." or "Don't tell your mom." UGH!!
    @SelenaGrey: Thank you for those kind words. :)
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited November 2014
    Very kind of you to start this thread, Rose. I'm going through a lot of my own issues right now and I don't know if I want to talk about them, because they're really personal and embarrassing (mental health issues, emotionally stunted family members, and creepy cults, oh my!) but it's nice to know that this is here if I need to talk about it. Very thoughtful of you to make this thread. :)
    44444.gif
  • Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    :( I am hoping that everyone's dark clouds lift soon and reveal a shining ray of hope that everything will eventually be alright.

I have been going through a lot as well and I'm trying hard to look at the positive side of things but sometimes that proves to be a tad difficult. Just grateful to be alive.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• goofygoober25goofygoober25 Posts: 149 Member
    Thank you for your kind words, peaches, selena and luthien :) Friendlyone20, I am sorry to hear what you are going through with your family. Family drama can be particularly nasty. You are not alone in this though, I too know how bad family drama is. Just keep your chin up, try to have a nice day and enjoy your simming. I hope everything works out for you :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    edited November 2014
    Hello @goofygoober25 Please know that you have simming friends that care about you and are thinking of you. I am sorry to hear about your Mum, family and your health. It is helpful what the other simmers have written to you. Please know that we all are supporting you here, caring about you and thinking of you. Sending lots and lots of special thoughts to you.
    Post edited by rosemow on
    Thank you goofygoober25. Family drama is nasty but you can't chose your family. Stuck with them.
    Hello @friendlyone20 I am sorry to hear about your family problems. It is not nice when there are arguments between family members. I hope that things can be worked out. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
    Hello @MelanieSimlish I am sorry that you are going through many issues in your life. If you feel like talking about them at any time , we are here to listen. Please just know that I will be thinking of you as you cope with life, and that you have simmng friends here that are supporting you. Sending special thoughts to you.
    Hello @Kaike78 I am sorry that life has been hard for you lately. I send special thoughts to you as you cope with what your life holds. Please know we are here for you, and I will keep you in my thoughts.
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @MelanieSimlish I am sorry that you are going through many issues in your life. If you feel like talking about them at any time , we are here to listen. Please just know that I will be thinking of you as you cope with life, and that you have simmng friends here that are supporting you. Sending special thoughts to you.

Thank you, that's very kind of you. You're a very sweet person. :)
    44444.gif
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    I am so glad this thread was made. I honestly hope you all find some small comfort here. As for me, I have a lot on my shoulders right now, and I am so worried. This year my mom was in ICU for two weeks and almost died of a severe infection. At one point the doctors said she only had a 15% chance of living. Luckily she made it through but she is just so incredibly sick that I fear I may lose her. She happens to be my best friend second only to my husband. I feel like I am losing my family. My father passed. I do not have contact with my sisters because of their actions. One is a prescription drug addict and constantly steals from or begs for my moms pain medication. Mom just gives in because shes too sick to argue and she suffers for it. My other sister fell in with the wrong people, and shows signs of street drug use and I am all but certain she is pregnant because she is starting to look like it. She refuses to get a job and milks off the government and takes advantage of my mom. I just cannot stand the fact that they constantly take and take and take from her. To top if off, I have had a disability since I was 15 years old (26 now) and have been unable to work because of it. I cannot get any kind of financial help because I have never worked. My husband and I have absolutely no savings to our name because all of it goes to the doctor bills because of psychiatric and health related issues and medication which are vital to my well being (only reason I am simming right now is because a computer and the game were gifted to me as a gift from my grandmother in an attempt for me to reach out to others and have a little fun on the side) I feel so alone because I have no friends besides my husband/mom/grandmother and because of my disability I will never be able to start a family of my own. I feel like I have complained too much, but I just feel like I had to get that off my chest and I am thankful for the listeners. I realize there are people a lot worse off than I am and I am thankful for what I have, but sometimes it feels like too much. Thanks for reading, whoever takes the time to read this. I hope you all find happiness, even if it is a small piece.

@goofygoober25, have you checked out Social Security Disability? Even if you have never worked, you may qualify for benefits under one of your parent's social security numbers. Alternately there is Medicare/ Medicaid and Welfare benefits. I would recommend that you contact 1) a lawyer (they will work pro bono) about what government benefits you may be eligible for; 2) a social services agency, who will point you towards whatever local resources may be available from charity and such and 3) a support group for your disability. You NEED to have social contact outside of your family, even if it is only on-line.

I don't know the extent of your disability, obviously, but if you could join a book club or take a class it would help you meet people. Believe me, nothing can raise your spirits like being social. I'm fairly shy and have trouble approaching new people, but I find that even the smallest things can raise my spirits a great deal. It may sound ridiculous, but you might want to look into volunteering for a charity a few hours every month. Even if you are only making phone calls from home, helping others is a marvel for your self-esteem.

I was badly injured in a car accident many years ago but have recovered a great deal of my mobility - more than my doctors originally told me was possible. The hardest part for me was being forced to retire from my career - I was very lucky to have loved my job. I was also lucky enough to have excellent insurance and was able to find some really good doctors. So I can empathize with your situation to a certain extent. Getting help or getting out of the house to socialize may seem like an insurmountable mountain, but I have learned that what looks like a mountain ahead of you usually turns into a molehill once you have done it and it is in the past.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

• christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    @rosemow you are the most amazing and caring person on these forums and what an awesome idea to put this up here I am sure you will give comfort to those who are going through tough times. You have supported me through my tough times, so glad to have you around rose.

To everyone, Hi! :) Just want to let you all know that the support network here is amazing, special thoughts go out to you all and hope things get better for you all. *hugs*

Big special hugs to rose! <3
    FEvr1sR.gif
    Thank you @rosemow for starting this thread. I think it is a great place to come and vent about life's troubles. And thank you everyone for your kind words to me regarding my post. :smile: )
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top