Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    @selenagrey

This makes me so sad, you're among my favorite people here and I hate to know of you being ill, so I hope whatever it is the Doc has a good plan for you.

As for me,

I was in my first car wreck the other day and luckily I am here, my birthday is on Saturday and I almost didn't make it. I ended up in the ER last night with a possible fracture to my wrist (couldn't see in xray because of placement of pain and the fact that it could be hidden under a bunch of other bones according to the doc) I'm sore all over but again, just thankful it wasn't worse and that I'm here with you all and my family today.

Thank you for this thread <3

I am so sorry to hear that you were in a car accident! It is not good and it would have shaken you up, and made your body feel quite sore. I hope that your pain eases and becomes less sore.
    I hope that your driving road trip this weekend goes well. I will be thinking of you as you are driving. I hope that you have a very special birthday weekend with your friend!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I went to the urgent care center (sort of like a cross between a dr. and an ER but much less expensive than the ER) and they are running some tests, blood work, urology, the works. However this may be coming back on me and my dietary habits. The numbness may be the onset of a caffeine allergy, which is not good as I have caffeine addiction (I won't share how many sodas I have a day, it's WAY too many.) but also this may...and I stress only may, be the onset of diabetes. Will know more in a few days. Also the tired. blacking out, is basically my body being completely dehydrated because I don't drink anything but sodas.

These are things I can change but it may not completely change the damage already done, if it is diabetes. But I have to work to be better about drinking sodas, or none at all. Really difficult but compared to some of the things in this thread very small potatoes. I can do it.

I'll keep you all updated on the official results though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Reading this thread tells me that I should really be more grateful about my life and stop whining all the time.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I went to the urgent care center (sort of like a cross between a dr. and an ER but much less expensive than the ER) and they are running some tests, blood work, urology, the works. However this may be coming back on me and my dietary habits. The numbness may be the onset of a caffeine allergy, which is not good as I have caffeine addiction (I won't share how many sodas I have a day, it's WAY too many.) but also this may...and I stress only may, be the onset of diabetes. Will know more in a few days. Also the tired. blacking out, is basically my body being completely dehydrated because I don't drink anything but sodas.

These are things I can change but it may not completely change the damage already done, if it is diabetes. But I have to work to be better about drinking sodas, or none at all. Really difficult but compared to some of the things in this thread very small potatoes. I can do it.

Well, glad you went to the Dr. Hopefully everything will come back fine!
    I have Diabetes too. Usually the signs are being thirsty all the time, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a lot, and eye problems. But I am sure there are more things that relate to Diabetes too.
    Keep us posted and prayers sent out your way for some good news!

• Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member

As sucky as that is, I am happy they don't think it's anything more serious! I have been hospitalized for dehydration and I actually thought about bringing that up. What got me to the ER was passing out. Since then I've had to be very careful about drinking enough and they have me drinking a small bottle (12 oz maybe?) of sports drink a day for the electrolytes. I hope it's not diabetes and all you need is to re-hydrate!
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2014

Well, glad you went to the Dr. Hopefully everything will come back fine!
    I have Diabetes too. Usually the signs are being thirsty all the time, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a lot, and eye problems. But I am sure there are more things that relate to Diabetes too.
    Keep us posted and prayers sent out your way for some good news!
    I have diabetes three. (Type 1)

Just an FYI for people - there are two types of diabetes. Type 1 - can't produce insulin anymore, we need to stab ourselves as often as we eat.

There are theories but no official diagnosis of causes, it's not because of overeating or anything related to that (I'm ~110lbs). Drives me nuts when I tell people and someone says "but you're not fat?" or "did you used to be fat?".

The other is Type 2, where you body just can't provide quite enough insulin. This can (keyword - can - not always) be caused through diet or stress on the body (like preganancy) or even age and often can be managed by just reducing carbohydrate/sugar intake and in some cases insulin.

jcp- I am concerned, sodas do hydrate you, but because they're filled with sugar - if your body is not producing enough insulin to make use of the glucose - your body is forced to release that glucose in your urine which will leave you dehydrated (I get this every time I stuff up my insulin/glucose balance and it's a real pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸).

Unfortunately with those symptoms I'd say one form of diabetes is quite a likely candidate. But I do sincerely hope it's something easier, or at worst Type 2 because that's easier to manage. I've been living with Type 1 for 22 years, with no complications, it's more of an annoyance these days :) so if it is the diagnosis, don't stress too much, I'm sure you'll do just fine.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options

I am glad that you went to the care centre and that the doctor is doing tests. Please let us know what the results are. I'll continue to be thinking of you.

• Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    take0nme wrote: »
    @selenagrey

This makes me so sad, you're among my favorite people here and I hate to know of you being ill, so I hope whatever it is the Doc has a good plan for you.

As for me,

I was in my first car wreck the other day and luckily I am here, my birthday is on Saturday and I almost didn't make it. I ended up in the ER last night with a possible fracture to my wrist (couldn't see in xray because of placement of pain and the fact that it could be hidden under a bunch of other bones according to the doc) I'm sore all over but again, just thankful it wasn't worse and that I'm here with you all and my family today.

Thank you for this thread <3

I am so sorry to hear that you were in a car accident! It is not good and it would have shaken you up, and made your body feel quite sore. I hope that your pain eases and becomes less sore.
    I hope that your driving road trip this weekend goes well. I will be thinking of you as you are driving. I hope that you have a very special birthday weekend with your friend!

Thank you :) I'm going to do my best to put it behind me and have fun.
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited November 2014
    I hope everyone is having a good day today. Just gonna share this video of a ferret wearing a glo-stick to cheer people up
    http://youtu.be/FkHbC1RSjv8

*I have no clue how to post the actual video, so here's the link
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    @SpidersWeb........ I have type 2. I was diagnosed about 4 years ago, with High Cholesterol to boot, on top of dealing with MS. I lost 40 pounds and have 10 more to go to be at my idea weight. Those last ten are hard! I quit eating fast food, I eat every few hours, and never any big meals.
    My Dr. knows I have my chocolates and Diet Coke, I don't lie about that. She says I don't have to give up my chocolate but do it in moderation. I get the big bag of reese cups because I snack on them and its not much, but gives me my chocolate fix. Dr. would prefer sugar free stuff but got to be careful as those will put on the pounds. My test for both have come back really good. Loosing weight really helped. I am thankful I take pills for that and not shots because my MS injections are enough for me.
    Its hard to tell if my problems are related to MS or Diabetes. I don't have feeling like others so I have to be careful. If I get burnt by the stove I wont feel it right away like anyone else. My hand would end up glued to the stove before I realized it and pulled it away.
    I have numbness also, but they usually say that's MS. I do have neuropathy in my feet. Lost feeling there too. But it could be MS or Diabetes.
    I have 4 herniated disk also, so tired of MRI's to check my lesions in the brain, and my back issues (no lesions going down my spine though).
    I think that's it. You all know my history now gosh darn it :s

On a lighter note, I feel fine.......keep going........and my problems are small compared to a lot of other people in this world :p
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Thank you all for your kind words. Diabetes has been present (though not common) on both sides of my family so it's possible. All I can do is hope and deal with whatever the diagnosis is.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Hello @charlotteprice . I am continuing to think of you as you live each day with MS. Sending special thoughts to you.

Thank you so much rosemow. I love this thread, love the support too!

• Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited November 2014
    Thank you all for your kind words. Diabetes has been present (though not common) on both sides of my family so it's possible. All I can do is hope and deal with whatever the diagnosis is.

My husbands just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and at the moment I feel like the sugar police, I keep catching him sneaking around with bottles of soda. I'll keep you in my thoughts ad you wait for you diagnosis, and I'm sure whatever it is you'll deal with.

To everyone going through hard times just now I send hugs and positive thoughts.
  • Options
    Hello @altad1 I will be thinking of your husband and yourself as he adjusts to his recent diagnosis of having type 2 diabetes. Sending special thoughts to you both.
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member

Hopefully, it is not diabetes. As for dehydration, I have been there. Years ago, I was in the hospital for 3 days with severe dehydration and a kidney infection. After that, I learned to drink more water and not so much soda. It is really hard to kick a soda habit.

charlotteprice- that is a lot to deal with! Wish you didn't have to deal it all of that but so glad to see that you're trekking along. :)
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member
    This thread is amazing, and prompted me to stop lurking because I haven't had the guts to really tell anyone - I just had a miscarriage last month. I don't even know what I'd want to say about it other than it happened, and I've been bizarrely emotional ever since. Only a nursing friend even knows it happened. She advised me about what to do and confirmed what it was, and I'm torn up about it enough to not tell anyone in person.

I'm really grateful a thread like this exists, because I really needed to say that to someone somewhere and I know the Simmers of the world are sympathetic and lovely creatures. I really hope this comment finds you all healthy and at least relatively happy. I have a quote I agree with as cheesy as quotes are to put forward in the spirit of positivity:

"Happiness is not a mindset, it's a constant decision making process. Be unhappy that so-and-so said such-and-such, at the general negativity of the world and it's contradictory hazards. Or instead be happy that you ate that food you really like, that you got to spend an extra hour in sweatpants, or that your pet is so cute. It's a choice you have to keep making again and again." - Guy named Robert

Seriously, thanks for this venting moment you lot.
  • Options
    This thread is amazing, and prompted me to stop lurking because I haven't had the guts to really tell anyone - I just had a miscarriage last month. I don't even know what I'd want to say about it other than it happened, and I've been bizarrely emotional ever since. Only a nursing friend even knows it happened. She advised me about what to do and confirmed what it was, and I'm torn up about it enough to not tell anyone in person. <br />
    <br />
    I'm really grateful a thread like this exists, because I really needed to say that to someone somewhere and I know the Simmers of the world are sympathetic and lovely creatures. I really hope this comment finds you all healthy and at least relatively happy. I have a quote I agree with as cheesy as quotes are to put forward in the spirit of positivity:<br />
    <br />
    "Happiness is not a mindset, it's a constant decision making process. Be unhappy that so-and-so said such-and-such, at the general negativity of the world and it's contradictory hazards. Or instead be happy that you ate that food you really like, that you got to spend an extra hour in sweatpants, or that your pet is so cute. It's a choice you have to keep making again and again." - Guy named Robert <br />
    <br />
    Seriously, thanks for this venting moment you lot.

Hello @TrashDeBlunc I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I send lots and lots of special thoughts. I wish I could throw a big hug around you. I will be thinking of you in the days ahead. Sending love to you. Also sending some gentle flower petals for you to hold in your hands and they contain thinking of you thoughts from simmers here.

• Options
    CrazyJennyCrazyJenny Posts: 413 Member
    Well I could tell you my long boring story but here is an article about me to give you some background:
    america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/america-tonight/articles/2014/9/16/exclusive-could-thisnewtreatmentrevolutionizepsychiatricdisorder.html
    Hope I'm not abusing any rules by posting that. If so I'll take it down.

So basically I have had OCD, obsessive compulsive disorder, since I was about 8 and then depression and some other health issues to go with it. So right now I am receiving stimulation to my DBS device, well I am actually in the blinded trial portion of the study so I may or may not be receiving stimulation but I think I am. So after we get a good setting I feel good, great actually. My OCD is still there but my depression is gone. It's amazing since before the surgery I can't even remember the last time I was happy. But unfortunately after 2 weeks I go back to 'normal.' Sometimes worse than normal. So I'm on this crazy rollercoaster and it's really draining me. It's really hard to be happy one day, laughing and singing and making plans for the future, and then the next day you are so miserable you want to die. So yeah, that's my story.
    I have this little store...let's just say it's, made for good. ;)
    https://etsy.com/shop/Made4Good
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Also wanted to clarify I am NOT suicidal.
    Post edited by CrazyJenny on
  • Options
    Hello @CrazyJenny It is great that you have been able to have the surgery and have the DBS device implanted inside. I really hope that the stimulation of the electrodes helps you. Thankyou for sharing your life experiences with us. I send lots of special thoughts to you. I am sorry that your OCD causes you to feel very drained and is very tiring on you. I will keep you in my thoughts, and send hugs to you as you take each day and what it involves.
  • Options
    Hello @CrazyJenny It is great that you have been able to have the surgery and have the DBS device implanted inside. I really hope that the stimulation of the electrodes helps you. Thankyou for sharing your life experiences with us. I send lots of special thoughts to you. I am sorry that your OCD causes you to feel very drained and is very tiring on you. I will keep you in my thoughts, and send hugs to you as you take each day and what it involves.

Thank you. I'm hoping things will go up from here. Right now I'm at the end of the two week cycle so things are going down. But Im seeing a doctor on Monday and hopefully he can reprogram me and all will be well again.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    CrazyJenny wrote: »

Thank you. I'm hoping things will go up from here. Right now I'm at the end of the two week cycle so things are going down. But Im seeing a doctor on Monday and hopefully he can reprogram me and all will be well again.

I hope that your appointment with your doctor goes well on Monday. I will be especially thinking of you on Monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top