Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    May 20

Week 3 Friday

2021-05-09-09_36_42-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    In Progress
    • Complete Whiz Kid (1/3)
    • Reach the top of Drama Club (level 3/4)
    • Collect Decorative Eggs (holiday scheduled Spring Monday)
    • Improve Character Values (all 5 positive values if possible)
    • Collect Holiday Plushies (6/8)
    Completed
    • Top-Notch Toddler
    • Completed Artistic Prodigy
    • Completed Rambunctious Scamp
    • Reached the top of the Scouts
    • Earned A in elementary school
    • Completed Social Butterfly
    • Collected Voidcritter cards (20/20)
    Eli starts off the day with the breakfast of champions, fish tacos. Which might just be a little better than the fruitcake.
    2021-05-09-09_35_20-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

The twins won’t be aging up to toddlers until Sunday. Skye thinks she is ready, but is she really?
    2021-05-09-09_35_33-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia slept until the last minute and didn’t even have time to pee before school. Today is the day that she is going to complete the mental aspiration.
    2021-05-09-09_36_42-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye spends some time with Eli, mostly giving him two baths, because that is how it queued up.
    2021-05-09-09_38_03-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

While Skye is working around the house, Eli gets to play by himself. It is storming outside so everyone is scared, which is really silly. What they need are tornados and hurricanes. That would be a great kit to release.
    2021-05-09-09_40_54-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Every day Jake has to repair the stereo. I remember now, this one breaks all the time.
    2021-05-09-09_41_44-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Thunderstorm. Scared. Jake went to work, Sad.
    2021-05-09-09_43_20-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye is trying to get her social media work done today. She hasn’t scheduled any auditions since before the twins were born. She is still waiting, maybe when they are toddlers.
    2021-05-09-09_47_55-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Eli improves both thinking and imagination to level 4 today.
    2021-05-09-09_49_08-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia is off to drama club. Then she will have time to finish her aspiration. She is hoping for a promotion today. She is disappointed because she doesn’t get it. [checking for bugs]
    2021-05-09-09_51_45-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Today is also free food day. They don’t have time to go somewhere as a family, so Skye and Jake will grab something from the food stand in front of their house.
    2021-05-09-09_53_29-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Oh yeah, I forgot Eli.
    2021-05-09-09_54_50-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Time to knock this aspiration out. Mia completes her homework while focused.
    2021-05-09-09_55_18-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Jake comes home with a promotion to Rookie, finally. He celebrates with free pizza.
    2021-05-09-09_57_00-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia creates three emotion potions and the aspiration is done. That is all four child aspirations, all four child skills mastered. She needs the last promotion in Drama Club and to complete the plushies collection. Of course, there are still the character traits and the decorative eggs collection. But she is getting close to finishing.
    2021-05-09-09_57_39-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

This is the first time they have both been free to take care of the twins since they were born. Mostly they tag team.
    2021-05-09-10_03_14-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Frell, frak, and all that.
    2021-05-09-10_03_54-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    edited May 2021
    @permanentrose
    Yes, it was clearly Malcolm's way to show the sim world he can do it too :D After all Melody was hiding in the bushes :p I took the reference from Mummy movies, "What harm can be done by reading a book?"
    --Great preparations for Winterfest! ooohh.. shower woohoo.. lil sister or brother coming soon? :p
    --Aww lovely pj:s they got there :) Great Winterfest with friends and family <3

@Karababy52
    Malcolm was doing an acting screen in that lab :) I tried to give him something to do, untill it hit me that he should repair the computers :)
    I think Josh in particular would LOVE it if a shower was at the Lab. ;)
    Clearly he did enjoy it! <3
    Oh, I totally missed Josh's hair, sorry :) And LOL about the "darn heart" :joy: I took the reference from Mummy movies, "What harm can be done by reading a book?"
    -- Hahaa.. double woohoo in the lab! :D
    -- Oh, they got a close scare there, when meeting the Mother first time. Great pictures!

@Hermitgirl
    Haha, thank you :) Malcolm usually gives me more reasons to laugh, Melody is often so serious :)
    -- Go Rubanoid! Im on your side!

Melody Connors.. and dude.

day 9 , May

07IpLGh.png
    Melody's dad, Greg/Grimm made short visit. Melody got a promotion.. did Malcolm? Well at least he got all the evidence collected too, and topped the handiness :)
    YdWFxJt.png
    Typical morning stuff..
    zf0H7Xf.png
    XP7f4K8.png
    Until...

Qlh7aqr.png
    Malcolm: "HEY!!! You aren't here for me AGAIN??!!"
    Greg: "No..."

QiW7gLK.png
    Melody: "There is a dead old dude in our garden.."

SjnuJtZ.png
    Greg: "Yes pumpkin , I came for him.."
    Melody: "Dad, who is he?"
    Greg: "Someone... "

07IpLGh.png
    ZWAPP!!!!
    Greg: ".. who should of not been here at the first place."
    And he left.

bRozCNc.png
    Malcolm: " You know, i am sure I have seen that old man before, in Glimmerbrook, when we moved there.."
    Melody: "Oh, I have never seen him before, I wonder what he did here."
    Malcolm: "Your dad was not very talkative, we most likely never know."
    Melody: "Yes, and he took the stone too.. weird."

P0Og6t5.png
    Anyway, off to work.

hch5Mvm.png
    thJIhHE.png
    What? They pay for you! :smiley:

ilzIZaO.png
    Promotion for Melody! Not to Malcolm :D

ht4b8uC.png
    2UMPhgk.png
    Melody had to go to work almost instantly, so Malcolm went to lab to get more evidence, and repaired the machines again.

IvzRB5A.png
    a5PueBZ.png
    Then to get next evidence from this soldier, who was clearly had too much time at the bar, as he gave his easily.

3UQGGKq.png
    And Wolfies wife was the one he finally got the last peace of evidence!

3drnsxy.png
    Rest of the evening he spent at the gym with Wolfie.

Vpp761U.png
    Hmm...

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Karababy52
    That makes sense, I think I got too excited that you found a way for them to woohoo at the lab to carefully read your post about HOW the bed and shower got there :D It was a really good idea though. Even though they've woohooed in a bed and shower before, it felt like a new location and it was risky and sexy haha. Loved it.

I know there's some mods out there to help with townie population and stuff, but I've always been too nervous to use it, since I edit a lot of sims I mark as unplayed and don't want anything to happen to them or for them to get weird jobs. So I just suffer through millions of townies. And never see your sims :( Oooh, Jules is a bartender in your game too? You'll have to snap a pic of her next you're there if she spawns again, especially since she looks like herself now with all her CC :)

Really nice build up with the journey down to the depths of the lab. I love getting screenshots with all the vines around the walls. The plants in this pack are so gorgeous, even if they're terrifying. Even Mother. Her colors are simply gorgeous. It bums me out that only one sim can react at a time to the mother plant - would have been cool to get a screenshot of two people freaking out. But oh well...the mystery is really only meant to be solved by one sim at a time. A bit sad that the mother plant has a beating heart and can communicate with them, makes it a little bit sadder to destroy her - but there's always the option to revive her without any strangeness which is nice. I did that in my main save and Rose started building a relationship with her.

@SoulGal7
    Oh man, Sakura and Wolfgang still can't seem to find a moment to communicate. I love all the drama and tension though - definitely not complaining since you write a good story. You have so much patience too - I admire it. Wolfgang is super sweet trying to take care of her too and reading pregnancy books. What a keeper - he's so sweet and sensitive. And he knows it's not even his baby...not that there even is a baby lol. But still. He has such a good heart <3

Thanks for your comments on my story! I didn't know you had kids! Super cute traditions you guys had though. Ruby autonomously woke up at 4:57, so I thought I would include it in the story since kids will often try to wake up at the crack of dawn on Christmas haha. And don't worry, Lenny will be an elder basically forever. Because I have no aging on, I will have to choose if/when Lenny ever dies, and that's too sad to think about. So I just won't :) And don't worry, I won't make anything disastrous happen to them haha...maybe some drama eventually, but I'll let them be happy for a while.

@IllusoryThrall
    The fact that you never cheat needs amazes me. I would probably throw my computer at the wall and quit if I tried to play your family without cheats haha. Nice work on Jaz's aspiration!

@miss_eulenauge
    The next world is Del Sol Valley from Get Famous, but I don't have that pack, so I'm doing Oasis Springs, where nothing terrible is likely to happen :) Although I was thinking about sending Jules and Emmett on a Jungle Adventure vacation next month to ry to use that pack too since I won't have a world aspiration to do...and you never know, the jungle can have some twists and turns haha

Lovely wedding! That's such a nice wedding cake too - I always forget about the winter cake. I actually meant to make one for my Winterfest post today and totally forgot. It's nice that their neighbors and friends are so involved and helpful too!

@skeilah
    Loving the day to day stuff with Bryon and Naoki now that things are back to normal. Fun sleepover with Kristine too and that Bryon poofed her to school. You always get all the details in so nicely, by actually downloading a school to make it feel realistic that she got poofed there. And I love that you go with the flow too with whatever MCCC gives you - it is super cute that Johnny and Jess decided to adopt! A cousin for the twins <3

@hermitgirl
    HAHAHAHA, "glorified waffle iron," I'm dying over here. Oh man, poor Rubanoid, trying to be the hero, I hope he succeeds. Scary that Roxanne and Lenny have been brainwashed by Mother too. Hopefully Rubanoid can make the vaccine and knock some sense into her. I really love how you're doing stuff this month. Rubanoid is such a fun addition to the mystery.

@sassytxbrat
    Well, congrats to Mia for being a big sister once again? :D

@Ellupelluellu
    That creepy old man...glad he's gone, and that's all I'll say about that here :D Has Malcolm gotten any promotions haha?Melody is looking sharp in her new work outfit :) And Wolfie's wife is cute!

• Options
    @permanentrose , I do not know why Malcolm is late at promotions, as he has same skills for that career as Melody. MIght be because he is always at "piissssseeeedddd off" about work, what Melody is not.

• Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Day Twenty
    05-20-21_8-22-26-pm.jpg
    The day dawned beautifully, and Jaz was so excited. Today was Club day at the park, so she hurried to get ready. A quick breakfast, a shower, and going to the bathroom, and then she just had to wait for Phoenix to finish his morning routine.

Once they got to the park, Elsa was the first to greet them. Jaz and Elsa marveled at the flakes of snow coming from the sky, and giggled together over the strange weather.
    05-20-21_8-27-32-pm.jpg
    Miki was playing on the jungle gym, and it looked like so much fun that Jaz joined in. Colin was heading to push someone on the swings, so it left an open spot on the jungle gym for Phoenix to join in.
    05-20-21_8-27-57-pm.jpg
    The space monster battle really kicked into high gear when a teenager they didn’t recognize came over to play the “monster” and Jaz and Phoenix worked tirelessly to rid the galaxy of their mortal enemy.
    05-20-21_8-28-53-pm.jpg
    After a while, Jaz decided to take some time to finish her homework. It was a breeze, and before anyone hardly noticed she’d been gone, she was back to playing.
    05-20-21_8-30-14-pm.jpg
    Miki and Jaz were chatting animatedly, and Lucas was starting to kick a soccer ball around with Colin…
    05-20-21_8-30-46-pm.jpg
    When the sky suddenly darkened and the clouds literally let loose on them. The first lightning strike made Jaz remember the terror of her mother getting struck, and she quickly hurried everyone inside.
    05-20-21_8-32-15-pm.jpg
    Feeling proud of herself for saving everyone… she tried to come up with something they could all do. Max, however, was worried about the storm, and before long, everyone was heading home under the care of their parents.
    05-20-21_8-35-51-pm.jpg
    Benji found out about the city Romance festival, and quickly decided to invite Shaylee out on a date. (Although he seems to be paying more attention to his phone than his girlfriend here…)
    05-20-21_8-36-46-pm.jpg
    The night ended with a perfect date, and one that hadn’t cost him a thing to pull off. He dropped Shaylee off at her home with a heated kiss, and headed back to help all the Malone kids get into bed.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Finally sitting down to do some reading and comments since I have a couple hours free tonight. I had to go way back to the 12th to find where I'd stopped reading! yikes. Managed to get all the way to the beginning of page 102 before my brain shut down for the evening. So expect more comments next time I have some time to read. Hoping to get completely caught up by Sunday.

@sassytxbrat
    I love the watching Mia grow up in such a loving environment. I was worried about her at the beginning with a teenage mom, but all seems to be going well for her! ... Oh no... risky woohoo strikes yet again! Guess you're going to have more siblings!

@Hermitgirl
    It was good to know that working on houses can count as game play, I will definitely be using a couple of house tours, because my OCD has been yelling at me about being two days "ahead of time" in my sim game compared to the real life date. So, in a week or so, expect to see more pics of my poor trashed-up house!

I swear, Icabod is soo creepy to me for some reason. Seeing him asking for more life from the mother... shiver. Do not like.

@Ellupelluellu
    I loved the pics of them gardening in their towels. Seems like it would be hard to keep the towels up, but I mean.. to each their own! You did such a fabulous job on their StrangerVille home. I absolutely love it. I laughed so hard when Melody lost her towel while gardening. Oh dear, I had been right about it being hard to keep the towels!

@Karababy52
    Ohhh.. whew. so glad Josh wasn't in that explosion! I really like your story writing, by the way. Makes me wish I had the time to go back and read the rest of their story up 'til now. Perhaps I will find some time soon... because I bet it's a wonderful read!

@Skeilah
    Thank you so much for dropping in on my twitch stream the other day! It was so nice to "see" you!
    Oh boy, they're all off to defeat Mother.. that's always nerve-wracking.. love the picture of them leaving to go to the lab, though, it shows how beautiful Strangerville is.

Oh, goodness, the Bear phase. Jaz getting into that worried me, and I had to keep changing her out of the costume, because there was no way I could figure out how to edit that into the story. LOL.

Glad they made it past the aliens, I was worried the fight would go the other way and they would have to come back another time! .. and they got the twins back!!! :heart: I'm so glad! Watching the twins growing up is so much fun!! I love their disguises. And I'm glad Erwin seems to have found love!

@permanentrose
    awww. broke my heart to see Jules trying to contact Ruby and not getting to talk to her. As a Mom, I know how hard it is to be away. Ohhh no! Goodbye Max. Poor little guy. :frowning: I totally understand the getting burnt out thing. I'm sure I'll have moments in the next year+ where I feel the same. I think what may keep me going is getting to change homes every month. For some reason, moving to a new home always gives me a breath of fresh air in a challenge. Take each day as you can, and if you need to make the posts shorter, go for it. My posts seem to vary widely in length, and I've just decided I'm going to be okay with it. (Whether I am or not.. lol)

Oh, I'm glad Emmett survived! I got really worried about both of them for a moment there. And then kisses.. it couldn't have gone any better! I'm glad Ruby is back where she belongs, and the romance seems to be going well. :smiley:

@LegacySims2017
    I'm so glad Jackson found a friend to confide in about his situation. I do hope his confession doesn't come back to bite him, though.

@SoulGal7
    Oh, my that was quite a party. I hope Sakura takes the drunken confession well! .. Oh, no. Wolfgang is MIA. I hope this doesn't mean things are going to be rough between them now!

@miss_eulenauge
    Oh my gosh. Those pictures of my trashed house all cleaned up and strange without the extra content made me laugh so hard. I will be doing a house tour (or two) of the new house in the state it's in now, and then eventually, how it looks after they prepare it to move in, so don't worry, you'll see plenty of pictures.

I'm glad you got the twins aged up okay. Bugs are awful when they hit an important game save... and let's be honest, all our saves are important, right?? As for the harvest fest gnomes, I often sell them as soon as they appease them.. or remove them from the holiday entirely. I find the gnomes terribly annoying!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    May - Day 20: "Few things are more scary than an angry Mother!"

8zpCN4P.png

Notes
    Coming soon...maybe?

Had an exhausting day with little sleep, so not sure if I'll be able to update today's post. I'll try, but it's hard to concentrate when my brain just wants to sleep. I'm sure you've all been there, done that. ;) I apologize for no comments yet either, but those will come at some point soon. Hope y'all had a good day/night! <3
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited May 2021
    Still a day behind, but hopefully I can catch up after the busy weekend coming up.

Month 1 ~ Sulani ~ Day 19

jackson-05-19-03.jpg?w=683

Story:
    Day 19 (Thursday)

Jackson brought Robby to school to turn in for a grade. The teacher was very impressed. It got him close to bringing his grade up to a B, but didn’t quite make it. Jackson was happy that his teacher liked Robby the Robot. He hoped that one day he could build a life size one.

After school, Jackson was glad to be going to work that evening. He has saved up 687 simoleons so far. It’s not much but it was a start. The more raises he could get at work, the better. His plan was to be the best lifeguard Sulani had.

He had a couple hours before he had to leave for work, so he tried digging up more treasures. Jackson became obsessed with beachcombing at this point.

Jackson: “Keep an eye out for those mean seagulls, Robby. They like to take what I find.”

Robby just spun around making beeping noises. Jackson found a seashell and showed it to Robby.

Jackson: “So many seashells buried on this beach!”

When Jackson changed into his uniform, he asked Robby to look after the beach and he’ll be back later on tonight. He patted Robby on the head and went off to work. His shifts have been quiet as of late. His last hour or so it gets dark outside and the beach is usually empty. But when he patrols on his shift, he does the best he can and he knows his superiors are watching.

Jackson checked in with Robby who just buzzed and spun around. He was happy to have someone on the beach with him, but he missed talking to Duane outside of school. Now that Duane knew about him, perhaps he could invite Duane over sometime to hang out. Maybe even this weekend.

Jackson roasted another hotdog. He was beginning to get sick of having hotdogs and considered maybe yogurt or granola might be better on some days.

Side Notes:
    • As I mentioned in a previous chapter, Jackson doesn’t do his homework, but he does work on school projects once he’s given one. This one gave him some extra credit and boosted his homework to 25%. His Grade C performance is Excellent, but didn’t make the meter far enough to grant him a Grade B. I was shocked the meter went up as far as it did to begin with.

Bonus Images:
    jackson-05-19-01.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-19-02.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-19-04.jpg?w=683

Aspirations Completed:
    • None

Traits:
    • Personality: Active, Bro
    • Aspirations: Home Turf
    • Reward: Hero (Mod), Everyman (Mod)

Skills:
    • Charisma – 4/10
    • Comedy – 1/10
    • Cooking – 1/10
    • Fishing – 1/10
    • Fitness – 5/10
    • Logic – 2/10
    • Naturism (Mod) – 1/10
    • Persuasion (Mod) – 1/10
    • Programming – 2/10
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Update 140 - A Snowy Escape

9iuWv5F.png

Notes:
    The next morning, they arrived at the slopes, as promised for Ruby's Winterfest present. Ruby was very excited.
    XyWDZbr.png

Emmett's family had already arrived. (And you guys are in no way expected to remember who anyone in his family is, but if you did want to know their names, we have his parents, Marin & Desmond, teen sister, Eliza, and the twins, Ezra & Evelyn.)
    YCn025A.jpg

While Emmett caught up with his family, Jules asked Ruby if she wanted to start off with a sled ride on the bunny slope, so they walked up the slope together and enjoyed a ride.
    6yvXcFs.png

Then, everyone hit the slopes. Ruby was a bit nervous as she latched her boots into her skis and stood at the top of the bunny slope.
    uzo9QlZ.png

She accidentally hit a jump.
    ocFIWbk.jpg

But managed to land upright. This girl is gonna be a great skier one day.
    dcA282j.png

But she still has a long way to go :)
    elgcHRf.png

Emmett meanwhile was practicing his snowboarding.
    q9HFLmk.jpg

And Ruby insisted that Jules go down the ludicrous slope, excited to see her mother's expert skiing skills. And Jules did not disappoint :)
    16UjQKD.png

But the rest of the day I had Jules practice her rock climbing because that's the only skill she didn't max out in this world. Didn't manage to max it out this time, but I did make some progress and she's a level 9 with a very nearly full bar :)
    uiQwqqh.png

At the day drew to an end, Emmett went to the hot springs with his family.
    eDDg0SH.jpg

And Jules and Ruby went to pay a visit to Kaori, who was living with Kiyoshi in the house that Jules had lived in when she lived in Mt. Komorebi.
    yGUYVPF.jpg

"Ruby! You're gotten so big! It's great to see you again."
    sW3RpgP.jpg

They decided to go on a walk and catch up. Jules told Kaori more about defeating the Mother plant in Strangerville and all about her relationship with Emmett. And Kaori had big news too - she and Kiyoshi were engaged!
    PbZwDUR.jpg

Suddenly though, Jules stopped short, getting a far away look in her eyes. They had walked right by Lydia's old house, and suddenly, she felt her mind flood with memories she wasn't prepared for.
    xOuNbnS.jpg

"Mom, are you okay?" Ruby stepped up beside her, a concerned look on her face.
    iNQ2lTU.jpg

Jules forced a smile to her lips. "I'm fine. I just used to know the person who lived here...that's all. Never mind."

Kaori gave her a meaningful look, but Jules shook her head. She didn't want to talk more about this. Not now.

"We should be heading home soon," Jules told Ruby, as they began to walk toward Kaori's house. "Your first day of school is tomorrow!"
    UdNXO2W.jpg

--
    I totally want to spend a weekend (or longer) with these guys in Mt. Komorebi at some point. Definitely a fun to place to continue to revisit throughout this challenge :)

Character notes:
    Kaori is a pre-made from Snowy Escape. Jules met her back in February when she was living in Windenburg and they were part of the same club. Kaori was especially helpful when Jules needed a place to stay when she moved to Mt. Komorebi in March - and they've been good friends ever since. I have way too many sims in my story to make Kaori a consistent part of my updates, which is why she hasn't shown up this month, but she has the kind of friendship with Jules that doesn't need daily communication or anything. They'll just always pick up where they left off last :)

Lydia is...complicated. She's Jules' ex vampire girlfriend. If you're new to following this story and want more details about her, just ask haha.
  • Options
    miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    Gonna head off to take my exam now. I'm nervous as heck and not in a good place right now, but either way it's going to be over soon... (This is the first try, and I have at least three, so failing this won't make me fail the whole course or something, it'd just be really inconvenient and bad for my self-esteem). So it's ok, don't worry, just... I hate failing exams, I feel awful and I always have so much anxiety before (and having to retake it would mean retaking it while having to study for other exams)
    Today's update might depend on my mood and on the exam results, I'll definitely post a photo to keep it up, but perhaps not more than that. Thank goodness there's no birthday today ingame, so I might just play the rest of the day without screenshots just to get it over with and not mess with the timeline. :s
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall The hardest part with Mia has been trying to decide why she would move out on her own when she becomes a teen. But @miss_eulenauge helped me bounce around some ideas and I have a plan now. :)
    ~Teresa~
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @miss_eulenauge - good luck on your exam! I understand about exam anxiety. I used to get it all the time before I took a uni test, and I was usually the last one at an exam. Once, they changed the room the exam was in, and had a note on the door to redirect you to another room, which was in another building. Ran all the way there. Not the best way to start an exam for sure. Anyway, I wish you the best :) Thinking of you today.
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited May 2021
    May 21
    dIIqEmQ.png
    Link to blogpost

Bryons Diary
    Tomorrow is the big wedding day. Since Naoki and I decided to not see each others outfits beforehand, I left my outfit at mom’s place. I went over to her place after work and now I’m standing in her bedroom, checking my outfit in the mirror for the last time.

AuEl9LP.png
    (Randi) “Yes, you look gorgeous in that suit.”
    (Bryon) “I’m sorry. It’s just that I’m so nervous.”

RrDGUi1.png
    (Randi) “Tomorrow’s gonna be a great day for you. A day to remember. Nothing to be nervous about.”
    (Bryon) “I just hope nothing goes wrong... We’ve been preparing this for ages. I can’t believe we’re actually doing this tomorrow.”
    (Randi) “Wanna go over to the venue to check if everything is ready?”
    (Bryon) “Could we? That would be great.”
    (Randi) “Sure!!”

nkSRPk1.png
    (Randi) “Ah, the farmer already got his horses ready for tomorrow.”
    (Bryon) “I still can’t believe how you did all this, mom...”

TCsPUzn.png
    (Bryon) “I mean, this place, the carriage, the horses,...”
    (Randi) “Only the best for my son.”

k2QCLQz.png
    (Randi) “Come on, let’s sit in the carriage for a moment!”

DBtP6Iv.png
    (Randi) “Tomorrow, you and I and the kids will sit in this carriage...”

lSWMqlN.png
    (Randi) “And that place over there will be full of people... But most important... Naoki will be waiting for you in the gazebo.”
    (Bryon) “Oh mom, don’t say that. It’s making me even more nervous.”
    (Randi) “I’m good at these things, aint I?”
    (Bryon) “Yep, you are.”

Extra's
    The gazebo area was made by pixel--simmer101, but @permanentrose edited the area and added on to it as a present for me :) I'm so happy she did this for me. Took a lot of 'wedding stress' away. It's gonna be a beautiful day! (or two days, I may or may not split the wedding updates)

Here are some more pictures of the inside building:
    1goVzMJ.jpg

B0iMHRi.jpg

FtIYrsJ.jpg
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    @Skeilah - May 21 -
    Thought I would take a moment to comment on this one first because, wow, Bryon looks so good in that suit. Just not used to seeing him in one! lol And of course it's blue :) Gah! Handsome guy! And I so love how Randi arranged everything for these two...and love the horses and carriage. That is just wonderful. The venue looks great, too, and nice that @permanentrose helped with editing the build. I really like the horses and carriage, so romantic. Looking forward to this great day for the two of them :)
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    May 18 - University - WK 2 - Tuesday - The Trouble with Roommates

SUN-DID-SAKURA-SEE-SOMETHING-ON-CAMPUS.png
    It's raining again! Sakura and Wolfgang both have class, so off they go. They hand in their homework confidently, and they are doing well in their courses. But the weather...blech!

tues-raining-again.png

Between classes, Sakura headed home in case any potential roommates showed up. She wanted to be there, because after she got the mail yesterday, they definitely needed roomies fast. The bills had arrived and she almost fainted at the mailbox! (Note: me, too, for that matter!)
    we-got-the-bills-and-we-are-about-to-faint.png

So, they had Jeb as their first roommate, and he was pretty easy-going. And both Wolfgang and Sakura knew him, so that was good. But now, they had to interview and select new roomies from complete strangers and hoped that they could get along with the new roomies.

jeb-mving-in.png

Just as Sakura was settling down with a cup of tea, she heard a knock on the door. It was another potential roommate, and before Sakura had a chance to invite him in, he just sort of barged into the house. She didn't have a good feeling about the guy, but maybe it was just how she had been feeling lately.

SUN-SAKURA-DRINKING-TEA.png

Potential Roommate: "You still got rooms to let? I'm looking for a room and heard about this place from the bartender at Pepper's Pub."

Sakura remembered that she had put up a flyer there, "Yes, we still have a room, but it is a shared room."

first-potential-roommate-who-just-barged-intot-he-house-at-930am.png

Potential Roommate: "Shared room, huh? With you? Oh, that would be nice and cozy..." he said as he looked her over.

Sakura felt a bit uncomfortable at his gaze, "No, I have my own private room. You would be sharing with Jeb, who is a Britechester student."

Potential Roommate: "Okay, that sounds good because I don't want to be sharing with any Foxbury student."

Sakura: "Well, this house has both Foxbury and Britechester students living here, and it is the philosophy of this house that we are to respect other students, no matter what university they attend."

Potential Roommate: "Bah! I ain't sharing any house with no Foxbury students. I'm outta here!"

Before Sakura had a chance to show the student out, he just up and left and slammed the door. Sheesh! She made a note to herself to take down the flyer at the pub. Perhaps it hadn't been the best place to post an ad anyway. She would stick with the university Housing Offices, as they seemed to screen candidates better.

no-sorry-not-interested-in-you-being-our-roommie.png

That student had almost been lewd with her. She laughed when she thought of what Wolfgang would have done to that student if Wolfgang had been here during that interview. Wolfgang would have had no problem kicking that guy out of here. She smiled at the image of Wolfgang picking the guy up by his shirt collar and throwing him out, and then coming back and giving her a warm hug. She stopped smiling for a moment. "Yes, a warm, friendly hug," she thought sadly.

Just then, the door opened and Wolfgang walked in and came into the computer room.

sakura-looking-awkward.png

Wolfgang smiled at her, "Hey Sakura...I saw a guy come out of here just a moment ago, and he was spewing forbidden words about Foxbury...please tell me he is not going to be a roommate here..."

Sakura laughed, "No, he didn't want to share the house with Foxbury students, and he kind of stormed out of here."

wolfgang-mad.png

Wolfgang: "Good, because I would have had no problem using my muscles to ask him to leave..."

Sakura looked at him and smiled, "Oh, I know, I already had that image in my mind..."

Wolfgang looked surprise, "You did?" he lauighed, "You know, maybe it would be a good idea if we interviewed roommates together. I mean you were here all alone, and you are...um...(oh gawd, I nearly said expecting)...an attractive young woman...it's really a safety issue..."

so-what-do-you-think.png

Sakura: "Wolfgang, our schedules are so different this term, and I got a text from the owner who wants to know if we have all the roommates yet. I will be fine. And we got the rent bill today. Plus, these potential roommates just kind of show up."

And true to her word, another potential roommate knocked on the door.
    2nd-potential-roommate.png

This time, at least Wolfgang was there to help her interview him, and the guy seemed fine in both their opinions. Wolfgang asked Cedric to be their roommate.

cedric-becomes-a-roomie.png

Wolfgang and Sakura agreed that they would also interview students at their respective universities, and if there was a good candidate, they would ask them to be a roommate. They thought that might work better for their schedules, and it would also be in a public place, so Wolfgang wouldn't have to worry about Sakura having any "questionable" potential roomies in the house.

spotted-roxanne-tues.png

[Spotted Roxanne at Britechester in the afternoon when the rain cleared up a bit.]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Later that evening, Sakura had just finished attending a lecture, and knew that Wolfgang was studying at Larry's Lagoon. She thought she would surprise him, and went to the food stall and ordered some food for both of them, and carried it up to the second floor.

spotted-bryon-at-foxbury-when-sakura-was-going-tgo-guest-lecture.png

[Spotted Bryon as Sakura was going to the guest lecture.]

Wolfgang seemed to be the only one upstairs, and she came up behind him and set the plate containing two slices of pizza down in front of him, as well as a coffee.

hi-wolf-i-figure-you-would-be-hungry-so-i-picked-you-up-some-pizza.png

Wolfgang: "What's this?"

Sakura: "I just wanted to thank you for making dinner last night. And I thought I'd pick these up for you since we never got that pizza you ordered on Saturday night. And, of course, some coffee."

Wolfgang: "Thanks, I was getting a but peckish from all this studying. Did you get yourself something, too?"

Sakura: "Yes, actually I decided to try some sparkling apple cider. It tastes really good."

wolfgang-the-pizza-you-ordered-sat.png

Wolfgang: "It smells really good. Reminds me of a crisp, fall day. Maybe when we go back to Windenburg for Harvestfest, I can build a fire outside and we can sit and chat together. Of course, that depends if it is raining there, too, because we wouldn't want to be outside in a thunderstorm...you know...and get struck by lightning or anything..." he winked at her.

Sakura laughed, "Are you reminding me of the Scout Camp I had planned? Remember, it wasn't my idea to go on that hike in the thunderstorm...!"

They both laughed.

doing-homnework-together.png

Wolfgang: "To be honest, I had a lot of fun at that camp, even if it did rain. I wouldn't mind going to Granite Falls again..."

Sakura smiled, "Yes, I would really like to go back, too..." she said wistfully.

They reminisced with each other, and continued on their homework. Wolfgang also told Sakura that he had invited a new roommate to join the house. Sarai was a Foxbury Fine Arts student, and Wolfgang thought Sakura would like her. Pretty soon it was time to head home.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When they arrived home, their new roomie was there to greet them. Oh my plumbobs! She looks a bit like Wolfgang did on Saturday night. She was wasted!

their-new-roommie.png
    new-roomie-sarai.png

fine-arts-in-foxbury.png

Sarai: "Hey, Wolfgang...wanna dance? Oh, and this must be Sakura...hey, I'm Sarai..... Your new roomie! I am still so hyped up from that great bar night at Pepper's Pub for the Art Society. In fact, a bunch of students will be coming over...so I hope you don't mind..."

Sakura looked at Wolfgang. This was the new roomie? She might be a Fine Arts student, but she was also a party girl.

Sakura: "Hi, Sarai, You know it's kind of late to have some friends over. It's almost midnight and we all have school tomorrow..."

Sarai: "What's a few friends over? We'll just head downstairs...you won't even know we are here!"

jeb-is-shy-about-meeting-the-roomies.png

Jeb came downstairs then, wearing a brown paper bag on his head. What the heck?

Sakura: "Jeb, why are you wearing that bag over your head?"

Jeb: "Oh yeah, I was just showing Sarai some costume ideas for the party she's going to have on Saturday night. Isn't she just the best roomie ever? I am so glad that I moved in here with you guys! This is going to be awesome!"

one-eyebrow-up-wolf.png

Wolfgang and Sakura just stood there with their mouths agape as a multitude of students sauntered into their living room and started dancing. "Oh my plumbobs!" Sakura thought. Obviously, Sakura and Wolfgang would have to have some house rules established with the roomies because there is no way anyone would be getting any sleep with parties going on every night. And a party Saturday night? Sarai hadn't even asked them. Sakura never knew there could be so many problems with roommates.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I do believe there is a roommate bug. I have played the whole week, and Wolfgang and Sakura have gone through a lot of roomies. They even lost Jeb there for a day, but then I got him back. Wolfgang or Sakura invite them to be a roomie, I get the pop up about "make some room for their stuff" and then when Sakura or Wolfgang return to the house, they aren't there and there are no items in their room that they have indeed moved in. They have only received rent once, $847 simoleons from one roomie - I think it was Jeb. Have had no roomie complaints, nasty roommate notes or notices that they moved out. So, this is just so weird. Anyway, when Wolfgang and Sakura left for Harvestfest on Friday, there were two roomies in the house, so when they return on Monday, we'll see if they are still there. I think these roommates are just "ghosting" them...and that explains my shot of the day! hehehe
  • Options
    Mia Patina
    May 21

Week 3 Saturday

2021-05-10-17_32_03-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Information:
    I didn’t think of this before but after reading some comments here, I realized that the aging world needs to be on Long. So, as of now, the aging in households other than the main household will be aging for a long, long time. The played household will remain with aging turned off.

In Progress
    • Reach the top of Drama Club (level 3/4) ((-must be teen to earn promotion))
    • Collect Decorative Eggs (holiday scheduled Spring Monday (May 30)
    • Improve Character Values (all 5 positive values)
    • Collect Holiday Plushies (6/8)
    Completed
    • Top-Notch Toddler
    • Completed Artistic Prodigy
    • Completed Rambunctious Scamp
    • Completed Social Butterfly
    • Completed Whiz Kid
    • Reached the top of the Scouts
    • Earned A in elementary school
    • Collected Voidcritter cards (20/20)
    Today is Spooky Day. Saturday. The end of Week 3.
    2021-05-10-17_32_03-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Everyone chooses a costume to wear for the day.
    2021-05-10-17_34_48-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    2021-05-10-17_35_39-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    2021-05-10-17_37_18-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    2021-05-10-17_38_14-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye and Jake work with Mia on both her manners and her conflict resolution because she heads off for some volunteering activities. My goal is that she will have manners and conflict resolution in the zone before becoming a teen. Empathy will come from volunteering, emotional control from writing in her journal and jogging it off as a teen, and she already has responsibility in the zone.
    2021-05-10-17_39_44-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Eli is left to himself most of the day, and he chooses to do things that don’t make a mess.
    2021-05-10-17_42_26-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

The fun portraits. They came with Spooky Day pack and if you haven’t watched them before, you should.
    2021-05-10-17_42_53-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

More manners for Mia.
    2021-05-10-17_44_19-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Eli masters his thinking skill by watching Jake teach Mia manners.
    2021-05-10-17_46_42-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

The house had gotten dirty again so it was time for Skye to clean, clean, clean.
    2021-05-10-17_49_10-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia finds the last of the plushies, making two collections she has completed.
    2021-05-10-17_49_44-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Jake reads to Eli for both imagination and attention. It mastered one and didn’t quite fix the other.
    2021-05-10-17_50_49-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Soon. The twins will be aging up on Sunday. Thankfully, Eli is a top-notch toddler now and won’t be working on skills.
    2021-05-10-17_52_21-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Time for bed, but Skye makes sure to give Eli some more attention so he won’t wake up tomorrow with threats from social services.
    2021-05-10-17_56_01-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
  • Options
    miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    I didn't pass unfortunately, but get to try again in 2 weeks. And write a couple other exams in the meantime. Fun, right? :smile:

I will update this tomorrow with screenshots, but I was mainly letting the sims do what they wanted because I didn't have something planned and wasn't that motivated, so I don't even know if a commentary is neccesary. We'll see.
    last Update | Overview post&rules
    Update 17- Bridgeview

SG4hREI.png

Sarah's Diary
    upoJvJb.png
    The day starts, again, with bathing a toddler. I love how he seems to loosen up in the water. Somestimes we can't seem to handle him that well... (He has a "hurt" sentiment towards Sarah, and doesn't accept hugs or comfort from Greg. Don't know what's up with that, but it actually works very well for my plans. :smiley: )
    xDYkuIz.png
    Next on the list: Work and the mandatory potty picture!
    G868CpA.png
    For some reason, Greg has decided to try the Swing after the kids went to school. Well, at least he looks happy...?
    LmDTpYG.png
    This was the finished drawing. I really like it, it reminds me of far away Islands... (But you can't go there, I don't have Island Living. I know, it's very sad :'( )
    Then, we again got some calls from school.
    uWmR6NW.png
    SR9XpDH.png
    lMSPEAH.png
    Look! He allowed Greg to hug him! He almost never lets us do that...
    DWWRXtq.png
    E15uD4B.png
    1FlVV73.png
    Gary came to visit too. He doesn't have any children yet, so perhaps it's enough for him to play with ours when he visits...?
    3SVYdEE.png
    ysvp2by.png
    And, as Sophia later told me, she was called by a strange man who wanted to meet her. *shudder* Thank goodness she had the common sense not to go!
    The call is from a mod (Slice of Life?). Usually other kids call yours like that and want to do something. I think the "Grim Reaper" part is a bug. If you select "let's do something", they will have some relationship gain and go into a rabbithole for a few hours. But the rabbithole part almost never works, as in this case. I selected "play on the playground" out of curiosity, and they had relationship gain, but she didn't go.
    rT8DLsZ.png
    After school, one of Marks's friends was visiting - a nice child called Brady. They played for a while, the twins both got some Scouts badges, and then they all did their homework together
    N6q46Lr.png
    Lb9God4.png
    01PSTo4.png
    And then she and Greg started mocking each other. I don't know why and I don't know who started it, but I hope that Mark will be allowed to have her visit again. He doesn't seem to have that many other friends, so...
    3SWXea1.png
    YJnvnIg.png
    After the kids asked for a bit of advice, we started to settle down for the night.
    Mc7Wj1l.png
    But then, one of my colleagues came by in the evening and decided to show me a new painting technique.
    Fl04qIN.png
    4jKZWPH.png
    yY2reMa.png
    He apparently brought this woman with him. I have no idea how any of them got into the house and who they are, none of the family knew them. I decided to hang the painting in the living room and then force them to leave, scrapping his second painting.
    WUF2v6m.png
    My belly is huge already, so I think tomorrow the new nooboo will be born. I'm so excited not to have back pain anymore for a while! :smiley:(Good news for you, and reminder for everyone else: After this, you'll only have to get pregnant once more. This is Baby 4, and after that comes our challenge Sim. I'm so excited!!! :D )

Schedule
    I am planning to play for 14 months, starting on the 1st of June with the Main Sim's toddler birthday. In May I will set up the rest of the family and play the Main Sim's baby stage. After that: 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)

Characters
    --Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is a young adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible, even though she is a Young Adult herself. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep the two of them afloat.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a child now. She continues to be very independent and to prefer doing things alone, preferably developing her mental skills.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a child now too. He hasn't lost his toddler charm, and likes being outdoors, where he has a lot of space to run around and play.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a toddler loving to entertain his entire family with jokes and cute giggles.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.

Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • Options
    Loaded up my game to play, and I noticed something. Being that I'm playing with MCCC on, families and such are moving in and getting started, etc... And looking around, I noticed that I have a whole bunch of babies that (as things are) are never going to age without me going in and doing it manually. Which.. isn't exactly ideal. Anyone else who is playing with MCCC in their game.. how are you handling non-player family aging? Should I set ages for each stage in MCCC and let NPC's age according to that? Or go in and do things completely manually? Any family with ties to my family could be set as "played" so they don't age until I tell them to, and the rest just age verrrry slowly. (I'm thinking going with the same aging scheme I have for my main family - one month as a baby, three as a toddler, four as a child, teen, YA, Adult, and Elder.) But then.. I don't really know if that's a good idea to set, either. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    @miss_eulenauge
    Sorry about your tests, but you seem to have a pretty positive attitude about trying again in 2 weeks - and now you know what to expect! That's a great daily shot, didn't know the Grim Reaper could make calls like that haha

@sassytxbrat
    Fun spooky day celebrations!

@SoulGal7
    I've never played around with the roommate feature, minus living in the dorm, so I'm not sure how it works, but that does seem buggy. How many roommates can you have at one time? HAha, I like that you had Jeb's staple paper bag on his head be a costume idea. Jeb seems like a sweet sim. I love him and I don't even own that pack :D And still no clarifying conversation for Sakura and Wolfgang, but at least they seem to be on good terms and got to hang out together a bit :)

@Skeilah
    Thanks for the shoutout! I had fun building and editing it for you. It's going to be a lovely wedding, and I love that Randi is making this so special for them. Bryon looks great in his suit too. And that horse and carriage is amazing

@LegacySims2017
    I love that Jackson is kind of bonding with Robby, what a cute little addition to his "family" :)

@Karababy52
    Hope you got some sleep. Real life always comes first, looking forward to your post when you're well rested though!

@IllusoryThrall
    It's nice to see Jaz so excited about the club meeting! Lots of fun screenshots of the kids having fun :)

And to answer your question about MCCC and aging in this challenge. Personally, I never play with aging, even in my main save (which this challenge is essentially just a copy of), and I don't let MCCC do anything as far as marriages and babies go, so everything in my save is done manually and intentionally by me anyway haha. I just age up characters in the world around Jules when it makes sense for the story. Some characters have stayed untouched, and they probably will stay that way unless they become relevant to the story, but I do the tedious task of aging up and editing when I need to. As for pre-mades - sometimes I like to add them into my story, so I'm for sure gonna leave those ones untouched until I'm in that world. So like the Ngata family in Sulani will stay young and un-aged until December, since they have no role in my story, but then when I play that month, I can still have the pre-mades to interact with as they were created, if that makes sense. Kind of doing that with other sim families I've created for this save too.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Loaded up my game to play, and I noticed something. Being that I'm playing with MCCC on, families and such are moving in and getting started, etc... And looking around, I noticed that I have a whole bunch of babies that (as things are) are never going to age without me going in and doing it manually. Which.. isn't exactly ideal. Anyone else who is playing with MCCC in their game.. how are you handling non-player family aging? Should I set ages for each stage in MCCC and let NPC's age according to that? Or go in and do things completely manually? Any family with ties to my family could be set as "played" so they don't age until I tell them to, and the rest just age verrrry slowly. (I'm thinking going with the same aging scheme I have for my main family - one month as a baby, three as a toddler, four as a child, teen, YA, Adult, and Elder.) But then.. I don't really know if that's a good idea to set, either. What do you guys think?

I know I play VERY differently than most in here. As there is no "immortality" in my game unless it is about occults (like I mainly do). So I do have aging ON.

BUT naturally in this save I keep at long life span, and make aging off if it looks like they would age up before the time they should, based on challenge RULES :)

So, answer to your question, it is not about MCCC , it is about game settings. You can set that non played will age, but your played ones will not. and how fast they age.

To me personally it is extremely important that sims at the background age with my played sims. My pet peeve at TS2 is that my sim in gen X , is at uni, and has the same dormie what her great granny had!! ehh...

• Options
    @permanentrose
    That does make sense, although I know my situation may already be a little different, because several of the kids Jaz has been interacting with are NPCs/townies from other towns (and based on my planned storylines over the next 2-3 months, more will be getting involved as I go). I put MCCC in the save expressly for the purpose of letting the world around my sims and their friends keep going, so I'm thinking setting everyone to age really really slowly may be how I handle this whole thing, and mark anyone who is currently involved with my family to not age with the rest. Definitely going to have to put some thought into it, though, because I feel horrible about all those perpetual babies.. even though they're just pixel people. I'm usually terrible about never having my sims interact with the world (and sims) around them, and am making a huge concentrated effort to do the opposite for this challenge, so making the world interact back is sorta important. Thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    @miss_eulenauge -
    So sorry to hear about your exam results, but glad you get to write again in 2 weeks. Hang in there and stay positive! *hugs*
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    I'm thinking instead of setting "long" lifespan, I'll leave it up to MCCC to regulate the ages for me, so they'll be aging the same-ish speed of my sims. I'm completely with you on the "don't want the same dorm roommate as grandma had" thing. I really want to have the world change over time, and to do that, I either need to be manually aging each family (both the unrelated NPCS and the sims who are interacting with my sims), or let MCCC do it. The thought of having to run ALL those sims' aging manually is scary to me, because I already put more time into this project than I ever intended to. (LOL that's not a bad thing, by the way, I'm having a BLAST here... I just didn't expect to get this invested!)
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall
    Yes, I just find it easier to fiddle with in game age system than the one what MCCC has :) And oh boy, I would never want to do all manually :D

• Options
    @permanentrose - Comment on your comment on Roommate Troubles -
    The outfit that Jeb has on is actually one of his original outfits that I kept. I kept all the outfits that he had as a teen with the bag on his head, because they were just too darn cute. So, I did make him one other outfit per category. But yeah, he's a cute sim without the bag. So, since I don't control roomies, he autonomously changed into this outfit. So far, Wolfgang and Sakura have invited seven different sims as roomies, who all accepted and then disappeared from sight. Like Cedric was the first one, and then gone. So, yeah, it's been fun! lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top