Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Okay, first things first, I'm so excited to be back you have no idea! Roll on, 2022!

Anyway, I'd like to introduce you all to Selena Lilly, my Sim for this challenge:

12-31-21_12-27-54_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Traits: Self-Assured, Cheerful
    Starting Season: Fall
    Starting Aspiration: Mt Komorebi Sightseer

It was raining in Mt Komorebi, and though many people were scurrying indoors, trying to shake rain off their umbrellas, Selena was trying to persevere over the cold and the damp.

The rain was winning, truth be told.

She’d arrived here today, and already the weather had turned against her. She had nowhere to go, no friends to turn to, and she certainly couldn’t go home. After being trained for so long, all those hours she’d put in, she’d found herself at a loss, and come here simply because she’d always longed too. Before, her life had always been for others.

“Maybe it just looks bad,” she said, quietly. “Maybe it’ll get better.”

But the rain was part of a very cold reality.

12-31-21_12-29-14_PM.png?width=730&height=584

So, first off, as always, I'm going to be starting out by just being me for a bit, but I'll have a little bit of story at the start of each update. I do actually have Selena's story planned out ahead of time (go me!) but this way is a lot more manageable because I'll be able to phase in to doing full chapters.

We start off pretty desperately, if I'm honest. Selena is in 2-4-1 Wakabamori, and we have exactly 0 Simoleons. So, in the middle of a thunderstorm, because of course, I had to send her digging and see what we could find.

12-31-21_12-33-08_PM.png?width=730&height=584

With the proceeds of that, I was able to have her buy a packet of seeds and sell everything in there except for two, which she planted. Hopefully this works out, but honestly these two plants are still the only things on the lot after a full day. Luckily by this time, the rain was starting to clear up.

12-31-21_12-42-12_PM.png?width=730&height=584

After a little more digging she had enough to go and start using the capsules to try and find some things to sell, so I sent her to go do that, and on the way, we got a selfie with Yamachan, who had been struck by the lightning, which was a bit disheartening. I can only hope the same thing doesn't happen to Selena!

12-31-21_12-51-41_PM.png?width=730&height=584

We got a few good pulls, bringing our total up to about $240 by the end of the day thanks to a couple of rare Simmis...

12-31-21_12-47-30_PM.png?width=730&height=584

But my capsule curse does, in fact, continue, and she got squashed in her efforts. I'm being very careful not to have her die this way, though, don't worry. This look on her face was absolutely priceless. This is a face of instant regret.

12-31-21_12-48-45_PM.png?width=730&height=584

After that, it was time for Selena to sleep, so she had a quick snack from one of the vendors...

12-31-21_12-52-50_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Finishing her first day with a tidy profit and a hard, horrible bed. I felt so sorry for her seeing this, but hopefully tomorrow will be a bit better for her.

12-31-21_12-57-28_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Cameo:

12-31-21_12-38-22_PM.png?width=730&height=584

I made the choice to do this in the same save, so Sakura has been spotted wandering around!

edited January 2022
    @Ellupelluellu
    Loved seeing all the previous Sims in your update! I look forward to getting to know Sean a bit better, too!

@afai1261
    We're starting with the same aspiration! Poor Aaron, his first day was pretty tough, and he got hassled by the older generation too. Hopefully the next day will be a bit better for him.

@xaenyth
    Welcome to the challenge! Can't wait to see your Sim!

@Llandros2012
    Aldo seems pretty awesome, I can't wait for the first update!

@permanentrose
    Everything about this was awesome! I love that Robin brought her dog with her, and she's so cute - I love also that she's Jules and Emmett's daughter! I'm interested to see how this goes and excited to see more Robin updates!

@LegacySims2017
    I'm rooting for D.J.! He can absolutely make it through the challenge, especially as most of us opted for the cold outside as opposed to D.J. picking the warm inside bench. He's got the smarts!

@Skeilah
    That family just keeps getting bigger and I love it, it's so good to catch up with Bryon and Naoki and their respective families! Last time I was caught up, Kristine was just a toddler...

@KateLynne
    The curse of the vending machine has landed on Kenzie too! Poor Kenzie, at least she got her dinner...
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    Nope, I have a girl too, to balance out the odds a little! ;) This is Louise Aldrich, and I'll properly present her tomorrow.
    Seriously though, I'm so darn excited to be playing again, and I've really missed this community. <3

I was planning to do so much more today, including getting my rules finalized and finishing Lucy's makeover. (And getting my game actually playable - at the moment it crashes every time I try to open the menu, calendar, or build mode if there's a holiday in effect... :# ) But then I had an absolutely 🐸🐸🐸🐸 day... it's 6pm and I'm ready for bed. So, sadly, this will be a picture of not-yet-a-teen Lucy. Sorry. Please rest assured that I will definitely start playing with her as a teen... Just for today I needed *something*.
    January, Day 1 - "A shimmer of hope in the dark"
    01-01-22-6-16-56-PM.png
    first post | next post
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2022
    *Updated the main post to add my January 1st daily post pic and introduce my Sim for the challenge!

Wow! Y'all have been so active already in here, Yay! \o/ It'll take me awhile to catch up here and in last year's thread, but I will have comments for both and update the main thread with links to all your first posts here or in blogs and your Sims on the Gallery. I'll have a link for Cale too soon. Here's a bit more about Cale and my intended gameplay for the challenge this year. Please note that I gave Cale a rather long background story, but do not intend to write that much every day. This was just for his introduction. :)

Anyway, I've never played a mean Sim before or one given full autonomy for very long. Also, I've never played the Serial Romantic aspiration and intend to complete it with Cale. This is going to be a very challenging experience for me. The fact he's mean and hot-headed, probably won't be too hard to handle, but I wonder exactly how long I'll last with him having full autonomy. I might cave with that, but I'll be trying to power through it the best I can. Good luck everyone and just remember, the main objective is to have fun! <3
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    January 1 - Day 1

hKl73xj.png

Aldo moved onto the only empty lot in Mt. Komorebi. He has no money and no skills but lots of hope for the future. He also has homework to do but first things first....

vJycVkK.png

Aldo joined scouting as he heard that it could help him later with college scholarships if he does well.

FG1rU4A.png

Heading off to the lounge, he meets some new people and even gets some homework assistance to speed up his school work.

F3sPKLV.png

Loading up on free chips at the bar would be his primary method of sustenance for the time being.

ppxbUZo.png

As part of his scouting duties, being social can earn him a badge to increase his ranking. Aldo introduces himself around to some locals.

ODRr8Gb.png

2 badges collected and moving up a level in the ranks. Being social and responsible has paid off!

f0bRBWx.png

As an athletic sim, Aldo heads out for a quick jog to clear the mind. He gets it finished just before the rainstorm moves in.

ammUe1q.png

Since Aldo is so broke, he has to make do on the small bench across from his property for sleep.

8eaPUoL.png

Fortunately, a public restroom is just a short walk away so he doesn't need to worry about a toilet right now.

QfFomcL.png

Bathing is a bit trickier as he really can only take care of needs by a quick sponge/sink bath.

biVokOg.png

In order to avoid the rain and the cold, Aldo tries to take advantage of any location to get in a quick nap.

flv2y0v.png

Shortly before school as he is finishing his bowl of chips, a classmate, Yuki, drops by his table for a quick conversation.

pYZRbPU.png

School was exhausting but he made it through the day - still a C student but he did what he could under the circumstances.

zeor5WL.png

The welcome party cam over after school and Aldo took advantage of getting to know his famous neighbor. He may need him later when it comes time to climb that mountain!

EmNZxKb.png

He gets to know the wife and will look for their teenage son at school tomorrow.

XeKBxfY.png

Finally with enough money through selling his pictures, Aldo buys a tent and is able to get a better nights sleep.

Na0kEyX.png

After his tent nap, he heads to the lounge with his school project in tow. He recruits the bar patrons to help him complete the project in record time.

DvngnMo.png

Another day of school is complete but life has not gotten much easier since moving in. Maybe when the weekend arrives he will be able to explore the town a bit more and work on his aspiration some.

hKl73xj.png

{/spoiler}
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    @afai1261 ,
    --Nice to meet Aaron :) It is so funny taht usually at first days these sims are so miserable, haha. Just wait when the school day comes :D

@Llandros2012 ,
    --Nice to meet Aldo :) I hope you (and Aldo) enjoy the challenge :)
    -- Oh a tent, well that should at least make the sleeping a bit nicer :)

@permanentrose ,
    Thank you for your comment :)
    --Talking about a challenge, starting at winter and with Pepper :p Best of luck, Robin and Pepper :)

@LegacySims2017 ,
    --Nice to meet D.J. :) Okay you take the hard way also, starting at winter :) Best of luck to D.J. :)

@skeilah,
    --Nice to see the whole gang again :smiley:

@KateLynne ,
    --Nice to meet Kenzie :) She is very pretty :) Gret that she did not get crushed !

@lilypadmeulin ,
    Thank you for your comment :) Jenny is also there, tho she is single currently, as I already added Jasper, before I made the decision to add all sims from last year too :)
    --Serena looks lovely :) Oh that poor Yamachan :joy:

@miss_eulenauge ,
    Nice to meet Louise :) Cannot wait to see how she looks as teen :)

@Karababy52 ,
    Oh wow, Cale has some dramatic background indeed!!

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu

I'm glad to hear Jenny's there! She's also in my game, and Celeste and Iris are kids now. And yes, poor Yamachan! I think the suit looks kinda creepy like that.

@Llandros2012

Seems like things are progressing nicely! Aldo seems like a hardworking kid, but I hope climbing the mountain goes well for him!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2022
    I can't promise I'll always be able to keep up with comments - I'm currently in school right now, so my schedule gets very hectic sometimes, but I'm on break right now so I figure I'll pop in to comment since I have some time! I hope I didn't forget anyone haha - we have quite a crew already!!

--

@Karababy52
    Nice back story! You really do write such good stories for your sims - very emotional ones too. I love it though. Cale looks great, but all your sims do, so I wouldn't expect anything else :) Excited to see where this challenge takes us! I'll be looking out for a link for Cale too since I'd love to add him to my game. Unfortunately, he won't have that scar since I still don't have GF. Maybe I could find a CC substitute, I'll have to look.

@Ellupelluellu
    So fun to see so many familiar sims in your save already. Is Sean related to any sims I know from your save? And is it just the lighting, or are his eyes two different colors? And yes, starting out in winter with a dog has been hard haha. I played a bit ahead already since I wanted to get some updates saved up since my classes start again soon, and it's hard to plant and fish if its too cold in the winter :D But I'm up for the challenge. Also can you send me Sean's tray file and any CC he might have? I'd love to add him to my game.

@afai1261
    Aaron looks great! I downloaded him for my game so hopefully he'll make an appearance in my updates! If you have any CC that you'd want to share that you feel like really makes Aaron himself, I'd be happy to add it to my game!

@Llandros2012
    Oh hey, I remember seeing you around a while ago when we were both doing mcrudd's challenges! Good to see you back, and I'm excited you'll be joining this challenge! Cool idea to use the money making scenario too to start out! Aldo looks like he's doing well for himself already!

@KateLynne
    Kenzie is so cute! Great back story, and glad she survived her first day haha. Is she available in the gallery? I'd love to add her to my game. I can also add an CC you used for her too so she looks like herself!

@lilypadmeulin
    Selena is so cute, and I'm excited to see where you take this narrative. You have a lovely writing style. And poor Sierra, miserable in the rain right from the start :( Is she in the gallery? I'd love to add her to my game!

@LegacySims2017
    Great to see you back, and nice first day with DJ! I'd love to download him, so message me with CC links and I'll gladly add it all to my game :)

@Skeilah
    Glad to see you back with Bryon!! I love his family and your story so it will be great to see you back in the swing!

@miss_eulenauge
    Sorry that your game is acting up :( Can't wait to see Louise all aged up - I can sense a good backstory too :) When she's all aged up, I'd love to add her to my game too!

Post edited by permanentrose on
    @lilypadmeulin ,
    Yes, i am curious to see with who jenny ends up now, she still is a celeb :)

@permanentrose ,
    Sure, i will send his tray files, when ever I have the energy to hunt down the CC (he does not have much, but pretty old CC ) :) Yes you are right, he has cc eyes and other eye is indeed different colored :)

edited February 2022
    Thank you everyone for the lovely comments!! Commenting myself has been added to the top of my to-do list, but I can't promise anything, sadly :(
    Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge

Introduction:
    Meet Louise Aldrich! Louise, or Lucy, is a participant in the "1 Month, 1 World, 1 Year Challenge" for 2022. Journey along as Lucy travels the sim world together with her dog Laika, exploring all it has to offer as she ages from a Teenager to Elder.
    01-02-22-11-00-29-AM.png
    Traits: Creative, Clumsy, Animal Affection (bonus)
    Starting season: Spring, 2 weeks
    Lot: Bedlington Boat house, Cavalier Cove, Brindleton Bay
    Starting funds: 0$ and 151$ in Memorabilia from her childhood
    Find her on the Gallery here!

Day 01 - "A shimmer of hope in the dark"
    Day 02 - "Every new beginning holds a bit of magic..."
    Day 03 - "Everything's changing..."
    Day 04 - "I am lost, hope is gone... But I must go on."
    Day 05 - "Determination and Hope..."
    Day 06 - "A breath of fresh air..."
    Day 07 - "Twinkle twinkle little star"
    Day 08 - "Home is where the heart is."
    Day 09 - "Watching over you..."
    Day 10 - "Fishin' away..."
    Day 11 - "The daily grind..."
    Day 12 - "Digging through the sand..."
    Day 13 - "I'm not ok, but I'm strong and I can do this... I won't give up!"
    Day 14 - "And then, suddenly, the memories hit..."
    Day 15 - "Calling out for help, but who's there to answer?"
    Day 16 - "I'm strong, I can do it, I'm takin' care of myself..."
    Day 17 - "You're safe now, I'll watch over you..."
    Day 18 - "Out of tune with the world..."
    Day 19 - "'tis a sad duty, clearing out the Old to make room for the New..."
    Day 20 - "New Paths and Acquaintances..."
    Day 21 - "I can't do it anymore, it's all too much..."
    Day 22 - "Put on a brave face, hold up the facade - a new day is starting..."
    Day 23 - "I've fallen apart, I've lost all hope... I just want to live, but how?"
    Day 24 - "Making new paths for myself... I can do this, I'll find happiness!"
    Day 25 - "Minds are like flowers; they open only when the time is right..."
    Day 26 - "If we don't accept and express our emotions, they pile up like a debt that eventually comes true..."
    Day 27 - "Step by step, I'll find my way through this storm..."
    Day 28 - "Let it out, you're safe, I'll give you shelter..."
    Day 29 - "Every moment anew, we have a choice to build or to destroy."
    Day 30 - "I'm doing what I can, fighting back the demons of the past, and I will succeed!"
    Day 31 - "Open up your heart and allow life back in..."
    February
    March
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    December

Progress Charts:
    This is where I'll mark off the Aspirations, Skills and Achievements that Lucy has completed. Feel free to steal it if hasn't been marked yet. If you would like an unmarked version, message me and I'll share it with you.
    aspirations.png
    skills.png
    achievements.png

Basic Rules:
    (These were edited to allow for lack of worlds and for compatibility with RL responsibilities.)
    • I will post at least once per real-life week in this thread with a short text summary and at least one photo per day covered, with a maximum of twenty-one.
      (I know this kinda defeats the whole point of the challenge but I sadly cannot play every day, and it would be harmful for me to try to do so. This is my compromise to try and take part in an awesome community and challenge while taking care of myself.)
    • My Sim will live in one Neighborhood per Real Life month - See schedule in spoiler below
    • After three Real Life months have passed, the Sim will age up to Young Adult for four months, Adult for four months and finally, age up to an Elder for December - See schedule in spoiler below
    • I will begin Rags-to-Riches style on an empty lot with 0 simoleons.
    • Aspirations released with a world must be fulfilled first. I may choose a base game or other pack not in the challenge aspiration to complete afterward. I like this rule, but it is kinda pointless since I only have one world-tied aspiration right now...
      So, I will chose one apsiration to fulfil for every month. The rest will remain "free".
    • All available Aspirations must be completed by the challenge Sim at the end, and all skills available must be maxed out. Achievements are nice to reach but not a requirement.
    • My Sim may marry and/or have children. Aging up children is at my discretion. If I plan to continue the challenge next year using an heir from this year's challenge, I will make sure my 'heir' is at least a teen before the end of the year.
    • School attendance is at my own discretion. I may not cheat for grades unless my Sim is in danger of being taken away, but may buy school projects to increase their grade. This is the only time cheating is allowed.
    • The beginning of each new month/world must start Rags to Riches style. Optional: My Sim may keep personal possessions, sell the rest and bulldoze the house. They may use simoleans from this sale and accumulated household funds to build or download a house from the Gallery.
      I will probably use a mixture of the two to allow myself to enjoy the accumulated wealth, but bring in some challenge if it starts to get boring. I will leave my Sim with 2.5k per pet and 7.5k per child though as I do not want to be cruel.
    • If my Sim dies, I am allowed to revive them, but must include the incident in the story as a complete break and loss of all possessions and possibly personal relations, with the option of regaining them later.
    • If a new world is aquired with a new pack at any time during 2022, I have the option to change up my schedule to reflect this.
    • I will give myself a break if any days are missed due to internet outages, vacations/holidays, real life work/responsibilities or sickness. I'll make up for it by posting as soon as possible.
    • I may use Satisfaction points to buy reward traits. Money tree seeds are not allowed.
    • Lottery tickets are allowed for purchase, but if my Sim wins, the next month has to start out rags-to-riches to give myself more of a challenge.
    • I may participate in all default Holidays, modify, delete and/or add my own.
    • I will use mods and CC, but refrain from the ones that would give me an advantage over a vanilla game.

Game setup:
    I have placed Louise in a new game and left all Townies and houes intact. I have, though, replaced parks and put down some venues in Newcrest. CC-free versions of them all are on the gallery under my ID, Noctuara. I may add more, and when I do so, I will note the credits here:
    Newcrest, 50x40 - Wildflower National Park. Edited by me, original by @IllusoryThrall
    Newcrest, 40x30 - Newcrest Archive. Edited by me, original by Lilsimie on Youtube
    Newcrest, 40x30 - Newcrest Science Museum. Edited by me, original by Lilsimsie on Youtube
    Newcrest, 30x30 - Newcrest Public Gym & Pool. Edited by me, original by Lilsimsie on Youtube
    Oasis Springs, 50x40 - Twin Oracle Point Park. Edited by me, original by @IllusoryThrall (and/or The Sims 4?)
    Willow Creek, 50x40 - Magnolia Blossom Park. Edited by me, original by @IllusoryThrall (and/or The Sims 4?)

My Seasons will be 14 days long so I have enough time to experience them. As I will move through neighborhoods instead of worlds, I am hoping that this will still give me the chance to see how each world changes throughout the seasons.
    I don't use any type of Pose Player and don't plan to in the near future. All screenshots will be game generated poses. Any photography pictures taken won't look all that good for wall hangings, but it will be fun for me.
    I have these packs (as of 31th December 2021). I will probably buy some new ones, but not many...
    • Basegame
    • Seasons
    • Parenthood
    • Cats&Dogs
    • Laundry Day
    I use mods and will list all my script mods a document I will link once completed. If you are curious about the origin of CC I show, please ask and I'll at least try to figure it out.

Neighborhoods, Goals and Age Up Timeline:
    (may be updated for story needs, but for now this looks good)
    Beginning Age: Teen
    January - Cavalier Cove, Brindleton Bay - Friend of the Animals
    February - Foundry Cove, Willow Creek - Serial Romantic
    March - Bedrock Straight, Oasis Springs - Chief of Mischief

April 1st: Age up to Young Adult
    April - Ridgeline Drive, Newcrest - The Curator
    May - Courtyard Lane, Willow Creek - Party Animal
    June - Parched Prospect, Oasis Springs - Public Enemy
    July - Whiskerman's Wharf, Brindleton Bay - Friend of the World

August 1st: Age up to Adult
    August - Bridgeview, Newcrest - Joke star
    September - Sable Square, Brindleton Bay - Super parent
    October - Skyward Palms, Oasis Springs - Mansion Baron
    November - Sage Estates, Willow Creek - Nerd Brain

December 1st: Age up to Elder
    December - Deadgrass Isle, Brindleton Bay - Grilled Cheese
    Challenge End Date: December 31, 2022

Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    @permanentrose

I'll be putting Selena up in the gallery tomorrow, so people can add her to their games! I was a bit too tired today but I'm looking forward to it. Thank you for the compliments, it made me smile! And of course, the same goes for you, I was hooked on last year's story and can't wait to follow along this year.

@Ellupelluellu

I think this will be a fun year for us all!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited November 2022
    Hi Everyone! I did this challenge last year, with my sim, Sakura Li. During the challenge, while everyone was doing Realm of Magic (which I didn't have), I came up with my own challenge to fulfill the Serial Romantic Aspiration in the world of fairies in Willow Creek's Sylvan Glade. I had a lot of fun completing that aspiration, in, what I think, was a very creative manner. It is not an aspiration I normally undertake. Because of this, I have decided that this year I am going to challenge myself to play a bit differently than I normally do, to choose some traits that I normally don't, and complete some aspirations that I normally never do (such as the Chief of Mischief Aspiration). I play a vanilla game, with no mods or cc, so wish me luck!

One tradition I would like to continue with, though, is to download your sims into my game. All of the challenge sims were prominent in last year's story, and I would like to continue that tradition this year. :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Traits: Loves Outdoors, Kleptomaniac Bonus Trait: High Metabolism (Trait when becomes YA: Dance Machine)
    Starting Aspiration(s): Extreme Sports Enthusiast, Mt. Komorebi Sightseer
    World: Mt Komorebi
    Neighborhood: Wakaba
    Lot: 2-4-1 Wakabamori
    Season: Summer
    Starting Funds: 0 simoleons - Rags to Riches style
    Lifespan: Aging Off

This is Dylan's BEFORE photo. What he used to look like.

dylan-healy-before.png

This is Dylan's AFTER photo...what he looks like now.

dylan-healy-after-photo.png

Why the drastic change? And why are these photos taken in what looks like Strangerville? Please read the Back Story to find out more :)

Dylan Healy's Backstory
    My name is Dylan Healy and I'm a bad boy.

dylan-before.png

I didn't start out to be a bad boy, but somewhere along the way, it just happened. Call it self-preservation, but perhaps my past might have had something to do with it.

I was born in a place called Strangerville. My mother...if you could call her that...went AWOL pretty much right after I was born. Never heard from her again. And my father, Kevin Healy, ...my father is a genius....a scientist, really, who was in cahoots with the mob. Yeah, it's true. He had a sweet operation going on in Strangerville with all the military personnel. They needed supplies, medicine, lab equipment...and he was able to provide it to them...for a price. I didn't really know what my father was involved in until recently. Maybe I suspected something wasn't right all along, and just kept denying it. Because growing up, I never wanted for anything...well, material things anyway. We were the wealthiest family in town and the townies gave my father a lot of respect. I went to the best schools, was a Grade A student, and our house was well-protected by bodyguards. Surveillance cameras seemed to watch our every move. My father and I didn't talk much, because he always seemed to be "working" behind closed doors. We had everything that I could ever want. Everything...that is...except love and freedom...those things I never had.

at-school-at-the-time.png

And all that suddenly changed overnight, almost the day after my birthday...when a car bomb killed my father. Later I found out, it was rumored to have been done by a rival mob, but some claimed it was an inside job. I was at school when it happened and I got a call from Bentley, the butler. The butler said that there was a plan in place in case this scenario ever happened. They had to keep me safe, and the plan was that I would be relocated to a private villa in Selvadorada and taken care of. The butler told me that a car was being sent to the school to pick me up.

didnt-recognize-him.png

When the car arrived, a sim exited the car who I didn't recognize, and came towards me. I saw the glint of a gun under the sim's coat, and suddenly he whipped out the gun and pointed it at me. I didn't even think. Instinct took over and I just ran.

o-ran-away.png

I ran and ran until I was sure no-one would follow me. I didn't really know what to do or who I could trust. Was Bentley, the butler in on this? Was he even alive? I didn't know. I slept on the streets for a few nights, but I knew I had to get out of town because I knew "they", whoever "they" were, would try to find me.

keeping-out-of-site.png

I really hadn't thought things through when I just ran. Maybe I figured I could somehow get through this...stay with some friends...get some help. But I realized that if I contacted my friends, it might put them in danger too. So, I was alone in all of this.

I had some savings, and the moment I got the call from Bentley, the butler, I had gone to the bank and withdrawn it all. It was a good move on my part, and it seemed like a lot of simoleons at the time.

changing-into-the-new-dylan.png

I used the simoleons to buy some new clothes, dyed my hair, and paid a sim I'd heard about, to make me some fake ID. I purchased a burner phone, and after buying a plane ticket, and a train ticket, there was barely enough left to have a meal. It didn't matter though, because I wanted to get as far away from Strangerville as I could. So, yeah, the simoleons are all gone now. And here I am, in a place called Mt. Komorebi, broke, with no place to live, no friends...nothing...and it is truly life-shattering.

jan-1-photo-arrival.png

But I know that my past will eventually catch up with me, and I know that whoever had killed my father would be looking for me. If I stayed in one place too long, they would find me. So I would lay low, move around...explore the worlds...and wouldn't become too attached to any sim. I had myself to depend on now, and one day...one day...I would exact revenge on those who killed my father.

dylan-on-the-bridge.png

But right now, I had to find a way to get some simoleons,,,to find shelter...and blend in so no-one would find out who I really was. I was determined to do anything...yes ANYTHING...to survive.

MOODY-DYLAN.png

Because deep down...maybe I really am a bad boy...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Credits:

Many thanks to the following simmers for their wonderful creations which were used in this story.

credit-for-high-school-room.png

credits-for-magia-mob-guy.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

100 Bae Challenge List of Girlfriends/Boyfriends:

A few changes to the 100 Bae Challenge to work within this challenge. When Dylan kisses a sim, he will also ask them to be his bae. A photo of Dylan and his bae needs to be taken. Because we are working on aspirations; sometimes Dylan will have to take a job. Dylan cannot accept a date with a bae in a world he has not yet explored. The Convivial lot trait must be on each of Dylan's houses. Dylan has to max the charisma skill. Let the smooching begin!

Bae 1. Kaori Nishidake -F
    Bae 2: Sofia Bjergsen -F
    Bae 3: Veronica Villareal -F
    Bae 4 Polliana DeMure -F
    Bae 5: Pearl Tuttle -F
    Bae 6: Gemma Charm -F
    Bae 7: Kiernan Shipka -F
    Bae 8: Rieko Endo - Mail Carrier - F
    Bae 9: Aicha Ghomari - Culinary Arts Student - Ubrite -F
    Bae 10:Mizuki Imai - Psychology Student -Ubrite -Break-Up
    Bae 11: Aoi Shibata - Psychology Student - UBrite -F
    Bae 12: Anaya Meshram - Languages & Literature - Ubrite - Break-Up
    Bae 13 Airi Nakagawa - Pizza Delivery -F
    Bae 14: Leinani Topsana - Soccer Teammate -F
    Bae15: Yumi Uedo - Physics - UBrite - F
    Bae16: Keiko Uedo - Biology - Fox -F
    Bae 17. Salma Abd Al Kader - Computer Science - Fox -Break-Up
    Bae 18. Mariela Thurman - Economics - Fox -F
    Bae 19. Rarahu Paoa - Drama - Ubrite -F
    Bae 20. Lily Feng - CEO, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe (Married to Victor Feng) - F
    Bae 21. Artemis Bot, Robot -F
    Bae 22. Luna Villareal - Art History - Fox -F
    Bae 23: Alysha Rudolph, Mixologist, Discotheque Pan Europa (now deceased)
    Bae 24. Mariana Martinez, Secret Society -F
    Bae 25. Corina Geiger, E-Sport Gamer - Rainy Day Entertainment -F
    Bae 26. Guadalupe Torres - Economics - Fox -F
    Bae 27. Fetia Lahela - Art History - Fox -F
    Bae 28. Olivia Maynard - Languages & Literature - Fox -F
    Bae 29. Brittani McClure - Communications - Fox -F
    Bae 30. Houda Assaoui - Economics - Fox - F
    Bae 31. Blair Trejo, Ghost
    Bae 32. Rarahu Teheiura, Soccer Teammate -F
    Bae 33. Serena Bhamra, Professor -F
    Bae 34. Shiew Howe - History - Fox -F
    Bae 35. Aubrey Coats - Communications -Fox -F
    Bae 36. Bethany Yuen - Languages & Literature - Fox -Break-Up
    Bae 37. Ayaka Saito - Professor - UBrite -F
    Bae 38. Deja Reynolds - Alien -F
    Bae 39. Julia Wright - Physics - UBrite -F
    Bae 40. Brittany Hauser - Biology - UBrite -F
    Bae 41. Ritu Datta - Drama - UBrite -F
    Bae 42. Becca Clarke - Languages & Literature - UBrite -F
    Bae 43. Valerie Godfrey - Drama - UBrite
    Bae 44. Livie St. Feu, Jammin' Jumpers Dance Crew -F
    Bae 45. Candy Behr -F
    Bae 46. Yuki Behr (now Notable Newcomer) -F
    Bae 47. Katy Tiz (a Maxis pre-made Sim for the Get-To-Work pack) -F
    Bae 48. June Kay (Maxis pre-made) -F
    Bae 49. Louis Williams - Computer Science - Fox - F
    Bae 50. Ester Mudget - Founder, Order of the Enchantment - Secret Society - F
    Bae 51: Morgan Fyres - Broke the Curse, Dylan's True Love

Once Dylan was done, he went back and asked each one to be "Just Friends", but for some he didn't get that option, so he had to "Break-Up" with them. He remains Sweethearts with Alysha Rudolf, who mysteriously died, and he still has a ghost girlfriend with Blair Trejo.

Month-By-Month Dylan Looks:

7. July - Strangerville
    strangerville-dylan-look-take-2.png

6. June - Moonwood Mill (new world)

MOONWOOD-MILL-PIC.png

WOLF-WITH-MOON-FACE.png

5. May - Britechester
    dylan-cover.png

4. April - Britechester A month behind - See May

3. March - Glimmerbrook
    dylan-in-glimmerbrook.png

2. February - Windenburg
    WINDENBURG-ARRIVAL.png

1.January - Mt. Komorebi
    MOODY-DYLAN.png
    Links to My Daily Posts By Month - Most Recent Month First

JUNE - BRITECHESTER/MOONWOOD MILL
    MAY - BRITECHESTER
    APRIL - WINDENBURG/GLIMMERBROOK
    MARCH - GLIMMERBROOK - Will be continued when others are doing Forgotten Hollow

FEBRUARY - WINDENBURG
    JANUARY - MT. KOMOREBI
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on

@SoulGal7 ,
    great backstory for Dylan :) Nice makeover too :)

@permanentrose ,
    I forgot to reply, that yes , Sean is Melody's nephew :)

@SoulGal7

ALREADY I'm loving this, and I'm definitely loving the way you've used the assets from the gallery!
    @SoulGal7
    Whooo, what a start! Love the backstory, and Dylan looks great, especially with his makeover! Did you have the Strangerville pack last year? I don't remember you doing that world with us, so I couldn't remember. Anyway, what pack is Dylan's hair from? Love it!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hi All! I will comment on all your lovely stories shortly. @permanentrose - Thank you for the compliment. I created that sim myself. I was rather proud. HIs hair is from the Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack. I wanted to say that I had Dylan Healy ready to go, but when you were the only one who posted a female sim, I was going to change my mind, and do this challenge with a female sim. However, other simmers have now submitted their female sims, and all is good :) I did have the Strangerville pack, but if you recall, I had computer issues, and I actually missed a total of 3 months of the challenge. So, you're right, I didn't play Strangerville, nor have I done the Strangerville challenge ever! lol Also, my husband was nice and bought me Realm of Magic for Xmas, so I will be doing that one this year. Woot!
    @SoulGal7 Well I'm glad you went with your original plan! And it looks like we're gonna have a good mix of guys and girls - and I wouldn't mind being the only one with a girl challenger anyway haha. Everyone should play with the sim they feel inspired to play with :)
    Sorry for the weird grammar, I felt really tired, so I could not pay as much attention to nice english as normally :)

@Karababy52
    wow, what a backstory! This sounds really awesome already - just like last year's story, which I really enjoyed reading <3
    Very cool how you decided to challenge yourself to use these traits and give him full autonomy... Not sure if I could ever do the 1st. Just like my sims being nice too much I guess ;)
    I love cale's look and style, by the way!

@LegacySims2017
    interesting approach to use game-generated households! I like DJ and your playing style :)
    You started in winter too... After sulani's ocean now the endless snow of mount komorebi :D
    Holding my thumbs for dj!

@Ellupelluellu
    Sean looks so interesting! Awesome changes to the world too. I had fun reading your first update - you have a writing style with that special kind of humor, it's really fun :)

Yeah, I can't wait either... Having soooo much trouble deciding! :D

@afai1261
    cool update! I like his name, too... Would you tell me what that mod for more talk options is?

@Llandros2012
    he looks so fun and sophisticated at the same time! Very cool :)
    You put him in scouts right from the start! Wow, he's definitely an ambitious guy...

@permanentrose
    oh, hi robin! Lovely to see you and your mermaid self! Starting in winter with a dog, eh? You didnt take the easy route there... I'll hold my thumbs for robin having some luck soon :)

Well, there will be backstory... No promises about it being good! :D Thank you for the offer to add her, I'd like that! :)

@Skeilah
    oh hi bryon and the rest, I missed you! They've got such a lovely big family :) looking forward to more of their story :)

@KateLynne
    she looks sooo pretty! <3 very cool backstory too with her being ambitious and going away from her busy parents to "make it" herself :) I had lots of fun seeing the screenshots, they're so pretty and expressive.

@lilypadmeulin
    wow, she looks so pretty and glamorous with the hair and dress! (And now I know to not use that exact hair for Lucy :D )
    I love your writing style. And that's an awesome name too! Very curious what her "training" was in.

@SoulGal7
    I really enjoyed your Sylvan glade story!
    Wow that's a drastic change of looks right there! Great job buddy. What a dramatic backstory too... :(
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Okay, now for some much needed comments on this growing thread!

@Karababy52
    What a back story - horrible way to start your life with a fire like that taking your parent - interested to see if Lance ever shows up later in Cale's life.

@Ellupelluellu
    I love Sean's hat for outerwear - I think I am leaning on not using Newcrest unless I have to. I considered letting my sim travel to one Newcrest lot after each real life month is complete but have not decided yet.

@afai1261
    Looks like Aaron and my Aldo are using those free bar chips to survive. It's not easy keeping them going, trying to get ahead, and juggling school along the way.

@permanentrose
    I like Robin - I've not really played with mermaids that much so I'm interested to see if she has it any more or less difficult than a plain human sim. Very pretty tail! I cannot imagine starting with a pet - I'm impressed but glad I'm not dealing with that added pressure!

@LegacySims2017
    Looks like DJ is like the rest of us - using that lounge to do what he can to get by - my sim couldn't nap on that couch that DJ is on because of that obnoxious speaker above his head!

@Skeilah
    Thank you for the recap - I am currently reading through all of last years thread so I will see how you ended up in Granite Falls. I'm really liking your family though!

@KateLynne
    Kenzie is a very pretty sim - and you got lucky on that vending machine - I'm to scared of those things and the murphy bed but will get to them eventually!

@lilypadmeulin
    I started with rainstorms as well - but mine was in the spring. And you're scaring me with that vending machine as well! Another great start and I like Selena.

@miss_eulenauge
    Looking forward to seeing Louise and her start!

@SoulGal7
    I'm currently reading about your story from last year - loving Dylan's glasses and that red hair - so awesome but I like the update as well. Great backstory and looking forward to when he has to return to Strangerville later this year!

I think that covers everybody that has posted up to this point - I'm going to try to keep up with the comments as I know everyone wants to see that people are reading and following along - I'm tracking all of you and hope to still be commenting on your stories all the way to the end of this year.

Good luck everyone!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @miss_eulenauge
    No worries, the order of worlds and what worlds you use is at your own discretion. Whatever is fun for you depending on packs you own. Frequency, is also your discretion. I know people are busy, hopefully you'll have time for at least one pic a day though. Good luck, looking forward to seeing your Sim! Oh, there she is, Louise, as a child. Okay, stuff happens, I get it. Hopefully see her as a teen in your next post! She's cute by the way. Good luck getting everything sorted and with the challenge! Exciting eh? :)

Thank you about Cale and his story! I'm excited but also a bit anxious playing with those traits for Cale. I'm the same as you, all my Sims are usually good Sims, very goody goody and don't get in much trouble they themselves caused at all. So this is going to be very challenging and interesting for me to say the least. :)

@lilypadmeulin
    Yay! So happy you've decided to join us again! Welcome! And there's your challenger! Serena Lilly is very cute! Love her name. Ugh, poor Serena. It's raining for Cale's first day too, though it's not a thunderstorm at least. Wow, I had no idea Yamachan could be hit by lightening. But I guess it makes sense since he's really just a Sim in a costume. Oh man poor girl, bad luck with the vending machine just like Jenny. o.O Good luck to Serena, I'm excited to see how she does in the challenge. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    No worries on the order of your worlds. Whatever is the most fun and makes sense for your Sim and gameplay preferences is cool. Who knows, I might end up changing the order for Cale as well. HoB made sense for Essa as the ending elder world, but I had originally intended for Sulani. I might change it for that. We'll see...

Great idea with the Simple Living trait for all lots. I meant to use that for Cale's lot and I think I forgot to set it. Haven't actually started with him yet, he's just chillin on the lot, so thanks for the reminder! Oh! Love his lifetime goal! Goes hand-in-hand with our friendly little competition we decided to do together eh? Good luck with that, Cale won't stop at 100 if he gets that far though. His goal is to have as many babies possible! We'll see who ends up being the most successful! hehe

Very smart putting down venues right there in Mt. Komorebi. I've put venues down for Cale in Newcrest though I'll try to not have him use them. They are there though if he needs them. Love seeing so many familiar faces with Sean so far. You'll be seeing lots of familiar faces in mine as well. :) Love Sean, he's a cutie, good luck to him and to you! I'm excited to see how he does this year.

Yep, Cale's had a hard life so far. Let's hope things pick up for him, but it won't be any time soon. o.O

@afai1261
    Oh cool, another hot-headed Sim! Love Aaron! You always make such good looking Sims! I could be a bit biased though since I have a grandson named Aaron. :) Ah, the reason so many elders showed up is because it's a lounge. They are set up like that by default for some reason. Tips playing piano are a good start, but yes, fishing is a quicker way to get simoleans. :) Good luck with Aaron and have fun! Rags to Riches can be a very rewarding way to play. Especially watching them succeed knowing how far they've come.

@Llandros2012
    Welcome to the challenge! So happy you'll be joining us this year. I had no idea so many had been reading our updates, or were interested in the challenge. It's great to see! Ah, I see you're also doing the Making Money Scenario with Aldo, good idea! Also has made a great start for his challenge. I thought about doing Scouts with Cale, but he's avoiding school as a 'runaway' of sorts. Good idea taking advantage of having other Sims help him with his school work. Good idea meeting some Sims that could make the climb with him too! Good luck and have fun! :) Also is gorgeous by the way!

Thank you about Cale's backstory. I had fun making that up for him. It is a sad way for him to start out his independent life. We'll see if it makes him stronger or bitter and even more mean. I have no idea or plans one way or the other at this point. Not sure if Lance will show up either, we'll see how it goes. :)

@LegacySims2017
    Great Sims you made for the challenge, DJ is a cutie! He's on his way! Good luck with the challenge and welcome back. Have fun!

@permanentrose
    So glad to hear your parents are recovering. I was hoping it was a mild case for them. Great segue into 2022 for Robin! Makes sense you'd keep her a mermaid since she was born that way. I can't think of any advantages she might have as a result either. Oh, she does have the ability to call fish to her though, might want to curb that until she gets to Sulani. Your choice though. She has advantages others don't anyway since she's an heir from last year, so I guess it really doesn't matter. :) She is SO cute! Oh Wow, she brought Pepper with her? Well that's going to make it extra challenging for her being homeless with a dog to take care of too.

Makes sense she'd have special mementos with her from last year and gifts from her family for her adventure. Very smart she used her first simoleans to get a dog dish for Pepper. :) Very nice she met Kaori who offered to help her even though she's determined to do this herself. Good luck to Robin, she's got a true challenge ahead of her starting out in Winter. No plants, no fishing and a dog to take care of too. I'm excited to see how things go for her! :)

Thanks about Cale's background story, I had fun dreaming that up for him trying to make some sense out of why he's got that scar and is homeless. No worries about not having the right assets for Cale. I'll be uploading him as is to the Gallery later tonight. Really the only CC he has is eyes that look almost exactly like Maxis eyes except no shine, body hair, eyelashes and his hairstyle. But there are similar hairstyles in game, so he'll be fine without it. :) Hope you can find a CC scar for him, but if you can't, no biggie. If he turns up in your gameplay, can just say it healed and faded or something. :)

@Skeilah
    And the gang's all here! Great seeing Bryon, Naoki and all their family again. Thanks for the recap too for others to catch up and a refresher for those of us who already know them. Good luck with your continuation plans, hope you have fun again this year too! I'm excited to see how it goes. :)

@KateLynne
    Oh Mackenzie or Kenzie is gorgeous! Great backstory for her too. Ah man, too bad Kenzie didn't have Judith's autograph appraised. She could've gotten a lot more than 50 simoleans for it. Or maybe you knew that and decided it would be too much? Oh boy, be careful with those vending machines Kenzie! Just don't try to use one again after something gets stuck and you still have the moodlet, you'll die! o.O

You did everything perfectly! ;) Love your icon! Welcome to the challenge, I'm excited to see how Kenzie does. Good luck to you and Kenzie!

@SoulGal7
    Hey there, Welcome back! Great to see you and I love that you're trying some new things to you too! Cale will also be doing the Chief of Mischief aspiration if I can manage it at some point. I've not played out any of the evil/negative aspirations or used those traits either so very different for me as well.

Ooo, Dylan's a klepto! That should be interesting. Love his backstory! You always do a wonderful job with those and in making your Sims, Dylan is a cutie! Can't wait to see what happens with his Father's killer and if Dylan ends up encountering him one day. o.O Sounds like he has big plans to make that very thing happen and exact his revenge! Good luck to you and to Dylan. I'm so excited for all of us! Oh! And so glad to hear you'll be doing Realm of Magic with us this time. I have a feeling you're going to love it! Although I must say, I really enjoyed your creative way of playing with magic last year very much! :)

I'll update the main post to add links to first posts and your Sims next! Hope y'all are having a good day/night! <3

@miss_eulenauge ,
    thank you for your comments :) I at least try to include some humor, when ever I can :) sometimes sims do it for me :p

@Llandros2012 ,
    Thank you for your comments :) Commenting naturally is not mandatory, and sometimes there is simply no time for it :) But sure nice to have :)
    Yes, I decided not to use New Crest at all, so many lots in the current world unused in my save now, so why not, buldozed the most and added all the community lots :)

@Karababy52 ,
    Haha, well Sean will not stop to 100 either, but I am not sure will he get that far :D so that is a goal for now :p
    Yes, it was easy to dl some fitting venues, as I am not a fan of using NewCrest either :) There is still room to add more if I need, and I turned all rentals as residential too, so plenty of free lots to sims to move in :)

Sean Medicci

January 2nd ,

lE5dQzo.png

The one with starting aspirations....
    First things first, he needs to get that always welcome trait :) Maybe.. in case :)
    SEhrqEK.png
    So, off to bunny slope he goes, yes in that horrid weather :D
    lE5dQzo.png
    He likes it!!
    vXnnSXN.png
    Or not :D
    fBfJY9T.png
    KwMjOt0.png
    Well, that gets you started, Sean.. funny how Mayor in background had a hurry inside :p

Speaking about backround.. there was a couple going sledging together..
    wK2S113.png
    Caleb with his fast speed..
    GEMUIEd.png
    And very joyful Jules :D Sean did not stayed to look how this drama ended :p

RKfy0ot.png
    Most of the day went with fishing.
    Ua4Z5iy.png
    That girl literally dropped from the sky, with a broom. (My Mona, sage, married to Simeon in my main save , took them from there.)
    hlC57Go.png
    e0agpTT.png
    Awww!! I would know these sims from far away :love:
    (My last year challenge sim, Melody, and her dude, Malcolm Landgraab)

15yqBo0.png
    Sean needed to pee, have a shower and eat, so to gym we go!
    Z5aLlao.png
    Nice hot shower.
    J4YJHpc.png
    GWM5KtR.png
    Well.. he is a foodie, no wonder , cold, who knows how old cake from vending machine does not make him happy.

0R0Qt1J.png
    nJb2xn7.png
    And swimming in the lake for an hour, he liked that!! o.O Even after blizzard at snowy side!

6hh6tY7.png
    And to lounge! HEY WE HAVE A BARTENDER! Jon, nice of you!
    (I added extra bar for mixology)
    irtqORM.png
    Free chips, everyone!!
    2idBNe8.png
    Sandra liked his jokes :)
    0OUf9q5.png
    He was very sleepy already, but hopefully some tips?
    84jOifg.png
    he only got 3 tips, as all were either cheering for Joel, or doing something else :)
    ZfUqANQ.png
    There was no noise free room in lounge, so , outside then :)

There is a reason, plant based, why I make him to sleep in this neighborhood first, and not in the one his "house" is :)

End of day funds: 28 simoleons.

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited January 2022
    Woo lots of posts now! Okay here are some comments (and replies!) :smiley:

@Karababy52
    Wow Cale's backstory is intense!
    Ooh, a hot-headed sim! That should keep things interesting. Oh and he's mean! I've never really touched the mean trait (much prefer the evil trait lol) so it'll be fun to see what Cale gets up to.
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Oh cool, another hot-headed Sim! Love Aaron! You always make such good looking Sims! I could be a bit biased though since I have a grandson named Aaron. :) Ah, the reason so many elders showed up is because it's a lounge. They are set up like that by default for some reason. Tips playing piano are a good start, but yes, fishing is a quicker way to get simoleans. :) Good luck with Aaron and have fun! Rags to Riches can be a very rewarding way to play. Especially watching them succeed knowing how far they've come.
    Thank you so much! Yes Aaron has some anger issues. I have a lot of hot-headed sims and he got to join the crew :D Ah that explains all the elders. Bit weird though. I'm glad I found the fishing spot before the end of the first day lol. Like of course the fishing spot would be in a place that's so out of the way. I have Aaron fishing a lot now when he's not pressed for needs so he can actually make money. I am having a lot of fun so far!

@Ellupelluellu
    Lovely to meet Sean! Ooh a lifetime goal of having 100 babies? Love it!
    I adore his heterochromia, it always bugs me that sims can't have heterochromia without CC.
    Ah all those new lots for Mt Komorebi are very cool.
    @afai1261 ,
    --Nice to meet Aaron :) It is so funny taht usually at first days these sims are so miserable, haha. Just wait when the school day comes :D
    Omg yes school is so hard! I've played almost two weeks of school with Aaron as of right now and he is absolutely miserable when he comes home. He also never has time to do his homework because he's too busy trying to keep himself alive :D

@xaenyth
    Can't wait to see your challenge sim!

@permanentrose
    Robin grew up beautifully!
    Love the collection of family photos and other mementos.
    Oof I don't think I could handle doing this challenge if Aaron has a dog along for the journey before he has a house, so good luck with Pepper!
    Also just looked at Robin's family tree and wow Riley grew up hot haha.
    @afai1261 Aaron looks great! I downloaded him for my game so hopefully he'll make an appearance in my updates! If you have any CC that you'd want to share that you feel like really makes Aaron himself, I'd be happy to add it to my game!
    Awesome! Thank you so much! Can't wait to see him if he does make a cameo :) I've downloaded Robin but I'm just debating whether or not I should buy Paranormal stuff before adding her to the save.
    Aaron uses a lot of skin detail CC but I could track it down for you. He also has facepaint non-default eyes, and CC tattoos that are important for his backstory. I might make a list of his CC and which swatches he uses for each piece, but I need some time to do that.

@LegacySims2017
    D.J. has an awesome name!
    I didn't have Aaron sleeping indoors because there were always too many random sims about and the park was always pretty much abandoned at night lol. D.J. is smart though, be like D.J.

@Skeilah
    Bryon! I remember him from those two bachelorette challenges that you entered him into. Glad to see he's doing well now!

@KateLynne
    Kenzie is beautiful!
    Ahahah the vending machine fails are always funny.
    When it happened to Aaron for the first time I genuinely thought he was going to die though :joy:

@lilypadmeulin
    Poor Selena, suffering through that thunderstorm!
    Okay I feel bad for laughing at charred Yamachan :joy:
    The vending machine gets stuck so often! I hope that doesn't spell the demise of anyone in this challenge...
    @afai1261
    We're starting with the same aspiration! Poor Aaron, his first day was pretty tough, and he got hassled by the older generation too. Hopefully the next day will be a bit better for him.
    Yep I didn't think Aaron would be too enthused about having to start with the sports aspiration because he dislikes fitness, but maybe I'll have him do it later.
    I was surprised that the only sims coming to talk to him were elders but maybe Seamus was trying to set Aaron up with one of his granddaughters or something :joy:

@miss_eulenauge
    Lucy looks like a cute kid!
    @afai1261 cool update! I like his name, too... Would you tell me what that mod for more talk options is?
    Thank you! Of course, it's NateTheL0ser's Chat Pack from ModTheSims :)

@Llandros2012
    Scouting is a good idea actually!
    For bathing, I have Aaron use the showers at the onsen. He goes there very often now.
    @afai1261
    Looks like Aaron and my Aldo are using those free bar chips to survive. It's not easy keeping them going, trying to get ahead, and juggling school along the way.
    Yep the free bar chips are the only thing keeping Aaron going too! School is really difficult to juggle with everything else. I'm contemplating having Aaron drop out with mods but I'm not sure yet. For now I suppose he will just suffer through it haha.

@SoulGal7
    Love Dylan's skintone with that hair colour (well, both hair colours actually!)
    Looking forward to seeing how his journey plays out :)

Okay I think that's everybody. This is shaping up to be a great group of sims!
    edited January 2022
    @afai1261 ,
    Thank you for your comments :)
    Yes Sean has a friendly competition with Cale , by @Karababy52 , who will end up with most offspring :D
    He may not be the lady magnet yet, but all the month time to be in that gym and practice wall climbing :p
    Haha yes, the darn school, Melody last year was also always miserable after it, but she loved fishing, so that often cheared her up :p

@Ellupelluellu
    Aw, poor Sean, looking so tense in that blizzard, but our sims must work hard to get those aspiration points :D And look at Jules, so cheerful :D Loving seeing her young in your game again haha. And Malcolm and Melody!!! I've missed those two lovebirds. Great to see them together in this save <3 Great update with Sean, good luck as he gets on his feet!

@Karababy52
    I think I actually might have found a scar that might work - I'll try it out later when you upload him :) I've been playing ahead a bit and there's a few mermaid perks I'm stumbling across (and yes, I did remember the aquatic lure when I had her try fishing but she didn't use it), but nothing that's making things significantly easier. I chose winter since it was about to be winter in my old save, not thinking about how hard it would be haha. But she's surviving, and Pepper honestly hasn't been that much of a burden, surprisingly enough. I guess I just play with pets so often that I'm kind of used to managing them and I do have a few pet mods that make owning pets less cumbersome. I did cheat all of Robin's skills back down to zero, as well as putting her aspiration points at zero, so she's only benefiting from her toddler and childhood reward traits, but other than that, I was determined to start from scratch as best I could!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top