Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EP7 listing (TS4: Island Living) & description, releasing on June 21!

Comments

• Options
    TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    I have a strange feeling based on the description that we wont get swimming, I feel like it would have been mentioned along with hotels if we were getting them features. If we don't get them it will be hilarious to have a piping hot tropical island and not be able to cool off with a dip in the pool :lol:
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I wonder what the island will be called and based off of. I hope its similar to the carribbean islands

I would die I was born in the Caribbean
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I have a strange feeling based on the description that we wont get swimming, I feel like it would have been mentioned along with hotels if we were getting them features. If we don't get them it will be hilarious to have a piping hot tropical island and not be able to cool off with a dip in the pool :lol:

That's assuming the description is the official one
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    "lifestyle surrounded by beaches" leaves me feeling concerned. No mention of water anywhere.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Glad you guys got a leak you can possibly believe. But the EP name seems to suggest there is something special about living on an island. Wonder what that would be?

How is is going to be any different than living in any other world in TS4?

That seems to be the point of the name (if that is even the real name of it).

If that isn't the real name then no point in me speculating what that means, lol.

Hey, Maxis, how is it different? or better? or more exciting? Volcano? Bad tropical storms? Why is it named that and what does it mean to gameplay to call it Island Living? What happens there that can't happen anywhere else?

Do any of you agree with me by calling it Island Living (if that's the real name) it suggests it's different type of living than anywhere else?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    "lifestyle surrounded by beaches" leaves me feeling concerned. No mention of water anywhere.

I think their saving that for the trailer and press release.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i know people are concerned but like, if they dont have ocean swimming in a beach world they're gonna be criticized harder than my first pet stuff and katy perry sweet treats did. its like cats and dogs without included cats.
  • Options
    Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    I was hoping for university, because it could totally change careers as we see them, but I am excited for a tropical/island related pack, (I think we can assume by now it is most definitely a tropical pack). I just hope that we have hotels/resorts, and bring in more entrepreneurship opportunities. I would like a world that you can live in, but doubles up as a vacation world. New Skills such as: Surfing, along with additions to previous skills to incorporate: Hula Dancing, Beach Sports, Tropic cocktails. A boardwalk would be amazing too! I just hope it is big, and brings something new, because as an expansion pack I have higher standards.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    I hope they give us an option to take a vacation there though! as well as living there!

Perhaps we get "hotel" as a new lot type and can take vacations in every world.

I would LOVE this! And I hope our sims can own/run the hotels, too, in addition to other families visiting them as tourists.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    From EA Twitter:

2 days until EA PLAY, meaning 2 days until:
    - Meeting your favorite content creators
    - seeing brand new trailers
    - playing your favorite upcoming gameshttp://x.ea.com/58131
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I’m going to wait and see what is revealed at EA Play before I’m disappointed in what a game lacks based off of a two sentence, unconfirmed description.
  • Options
    toxikittentoxikitten Posts: 26 New Member
    I hope this is legit!
  • Options
    toxikitten wrote: »
    I hope this is legit!

I hope the date is legit and the 21st.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    There's a sale on Sims 3 and 4 DLC right now until the 20th: https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/bxjqj9/there_is_a_sale_on_sims_4_and_on_sims_3_ending/

Just enough time before the next pack drops on the 21st? 🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Glad you guys got a leak you can possibly believe. But the EP name seems to suggest there is something special about living on an island. Wonder what that would be?

If that isn't the real name then no point in me speculating what that means, lol.

Hey, Maxis, how is it different? or better? or more exciting? Volcano? Bad tropical storms? Why is it named that and what does it mean to gameplay to call it Island Living? What happens there that can't happen anywhere else?

Do any of you agree with me by calling it Island Living (if that's the real name) it suggests it's different type of living than anywhere else?

yes I think it means castaway @Cinebar
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    edited June 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    There's a sale on Sims 3 and 4 DLC right now until the 20th: https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/bxjqj9/there_is_a_sale_on_sims_4_and_on_sims_3_ending/

IKR the timing is so suspicious
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited June 2019
    suzyl3 wrote: »

IKR the timing is so suspicious

The timing definitely makes sense!
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Cannot wait! As much as I want witches and other things, this is exciting! I really hope we do get reggae music , it just would not feel the same without it. I am so gonna make my lazy sim to be there!
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    It seems like some people are eager to hate things before they are even revealed and released to the public . Yikes! :D
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    I think the game changers get to see the ep Tomorrow.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @catloverplayer The Game Changers living close to EA's main studio have seen the expansion during it's development, you can count on that. They play the EP to see if they encounter bugs, they offer input based on what their viewers want to see in future packs, and they are sworn to secrecy about everything they have seen. LOL Tomorrow might be the first time some of the Game Changers actually experience the EP, but I'm pretty sure they have known about it for months. Part of the reason for being a Game Changer is to give EA and the teams feedback on new packs and what they believe their viewers want, and they can't do that unless they know what is coming next.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @catloverplayer The Game Changers living close to EA's main studio have seen the expansion during it's development, you can count on that. They play the EP to see if they encounter bugs, they offer input based on what their viewers want to see in future packs, and they are sworn to secrecy about everything they have seen. LOL Tomorrow might be the first time some of the Game Changers actually experience the EP, but I'm pretty sure they have known about it for months. Part of the reason for being a Game Changer is to give EA and the teams feedback on new packs and what they believe their viewers want, and they can't do that unless they know what is coming next.

True that!
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    They're so careful with the description, nothing says about ocean swimming or water sports and games.

The only thing is, if there's no ocean swimming, then why bother making it an expansion pack? Just a new tropical themed world in and of itself is not enough to make something an expansion pack rather than a game pack.

Even with ocean swimming I find it very incomplete.

How so? Do you know something we don't? :)

of course not. I'm replying to the usual speculation about beach activities and swimming that me and you and everyone read everyday in the forums. Meaning, beach activities and ocean swimming seems too incomplete to me for an EP.

well yes, but that's the thing, if all there is, is a tropical themed residential world, then I doubt it'd be an expansion pack. So I'm guessing there has to be something more to it than just, above and beyond the ocean swimming.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Cinebar wrote: »

I’d hope we get Ocean Swimming.
    I hope we get some cliff lots.
    And the weather is different. More heatwaves. More needs for Aircon.
    I also hope we have a ton of water activities.

That’s probably my most major concerns interms of living on the island.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    They're so careful with the description, nothing says about ocean swimming or water sports and games.

The only thing is, if there's no ocean swimming, then why bother making it an expansion pack? Just a new tropical themed world in and of itself is not enough to make something an expansion pack rather than a game pack.

Even with ocean swimming I find it very incomplete.

How so? Do you know something we don't? :)

of course not. I'm replying to the usual speculation about beach activities and swimming that me and you and everyone read everyday in the forums. Meaning, beach activities and ocean swimming seems too incomplete to me for an EP.

well yes, but that's the thing, if all there is, is a tropical themed residential world, then I doubt it'd be an expansion pack. So I'm guessing there has to be something more to it than just, above and beyond the ocean swimming.

Agree 100%. I can't believe in the idea of a tropical world with tropical activities to be everything in a EP...