Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EP7 listing (TS4: Island Living) & description, releasing on June 21!

Comments

• Options
    aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    So, are we getting a trailer after EA Play? That seems weird to me..
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    EP's usually have two or three trailers, each focusing on different aspects of the pack. I'm guessing the official drop trailer will be on Saturday and, if the new leaks are to be believed, there will probably be a least two trailers between then and the 21st release date.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    They're so careful with the description, nothing says about ocean swimming or water sports and games.

It's just like the ones for every pack. The basic one. The main features are in the bullet points after. Here's some examples:
    GF: "Reach for the stars and rise to celebrity status with The Sims™ 4 Get Famous. Build your stardom as you pursue an acting career, become an A-lister, and guide your Sims down the unpredictable path to fame. ",

Seasons: "Add weather to your Sims’ lives to tell new stories, enjoy seasonal activities and celebrate heartfelt holidays with The Sims™ 4 Seasons.",

Cats & Dogs: "Create a variety of cats and dogs, add them to your Sims’ homes to forever change their lives and care for neighbourhood pets as a veterinarian with The Sims™ 4 Cats & Dogs.",

City Living: "Do your Sims long to leave the suburbs behind? Fulfill their dreams in the diverse city of San Myshuno, where they can discover exciting neighborhoods, move into a new apartment, check out fun festivals and more. ",

Get Together: "Create Clubs for your Sims where you set the rules, define their looks, and customize their hangouts in The Sims™ 4 Get Together. ",

Get to Work: "You rule the workplace with The Sims 4 Get to Work. Actively control your Sims while they’re on the job, and determine whether they're headed toward a big promotion or are becoming the workplace menace. ",

They're all generally vague, with some having more detail than others. This could be real, and if it is real, it's still a little vague, similar to the Get Together one.

Actually those descriptions are more of spot on. I wonder what they mean by "as your Sims make their own paradise." on the IL description, considering it's true...
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Hmm... this has me a bit worried if it’s not a vacation style EP. Obviously need to wait until the official announcement but first thoughts are there’s only so much I can think of in my head about doing another residential world and in an island theme. Still, I’m holding onto hope that there will be vacations allowed and they introduce hotels!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I like the name "Island Living" a lot more than "Tropical / Island Paradise". As others have pointed out, it might become a new theme with pack names, since we already had City Living and might get more packs with "Living" in their titles in the future. (In Germany, Outdoor Retreat is actually called Outdoor Living as well.)

But in the end, I don't really care about the title as long as I like the contents, and this description (if it's real) makes it sound a lot like sims will be able to live in this new world rather than just visiting it. I hope that's the case, because I already have a sim who would love to live on a sunny island!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    So, are we getting a trailer after EA Play? That seems weird to me..

No during.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Island Living! Love it!
  • Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    > @Holiday said:
    > Hmm... this has me a bit worried if it’s not a vacation style EP. Obviously need to wait until the official announcement but first thoughts are there’s only so much I can think of in my head about doing another residential world and in an island theme. Still, I’m holding onto hope that there will be vacations allowed and they introduce hotels!

I think if its an expansion pack world like City Living and not a vacation world like Outdoor Retreat then it could have a hotel function the same way City Living has the apartment function. It could be a world where sims can own hotels and own vacation rental homes and then hopefully be used in other worlds too. If its a game pack style vacation world then it might actually be less likely you could own the hotels as that is not how the systems work currently but who knows? I think EA will either make it that it is either a City living type world where you can own a house, own a second house , own a hotel or its vacation style world where you cant own anything but can rent out. I doubt they would include all those options.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    TFW when you learn about an expansion and its release date from a third party first instead of the developers
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Escape the ordinary and enjoy a laid-back lifestyle surrounded by beaches in The Sims 4 Island Living. Explore a breezy world drenched in sun, sand, and endless fun as your Sims make their own paradise.

So what constitutes a "laid-back lifestyle"?

Obviously things like hanging out on the beach, fishing etc., but what else fits this theme? More flexible jobs, perhaps, like the CL ones and Freelancer careers?
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sounds a bit like the Florida Keys. I was there about 10 years ago and we loved it!

I do wonder what the connecting theme will be, but some readon or other, I do believe this is it. I’ll put my University wishes on hold again... sigh.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2019
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Escape the ordinary and enjoy a laid-back lifestyle surrounded by beaches in The Sims 4 Island Living. Explore a breezy world drenched in sun, sand, and endless fun as your Sims make their own paradise.

Obviously things like hanging out on the beach, fishing etc., but what else fits this theme? More flexible jobs, perhaps, like the CL ones and Freelancer careers?

Maybe we get a lifeguard career for example. It'd be also the perfect time to patch in part-time careers for YA+
    Probably collecting shells, sunbathing, maybe some sort of arts and crafts?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Wow they took “City Living” and replaced “City” with “Island”. That’s about as creative as using the “Get” naming convention 3 times. Are they that burnt out over there? A unique pack title is one of the easiest things they could possible generate there, and they instead rip off the title of another expansion. Sad

Island Paradise, Tropical Paradise etc. nearly any name they come up with for a Tropical pack would have either been point blank obvious and recycled or not clear enough.

It’s like how The Sims 2 & 3 often just chucked “life” before or after what was coming.

Nightlife made sense. But Apartment Life? University Life? Town Life? etc.

I also agree that “Get” titles are annoying but “Get Together” makes sense (like Nightlife)
    On The Job would have been better for GTW etc
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Hopefully beach activities and more to do in pools when hanging out.
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    edited June 2019
    I hate the way we learn for a new EP. And in the end EA try to keep it like a big secret, like, hey we have a new EP :D Well... we already know that, but thanks anyway :|
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    I wouldn't mind if we could be a castaway on one of the islands, building huts and those Castaway wallpapers being back with a hut, on subsistence living. That would meet one request of mine.

I'm not so keen on the luxury life, unless we can rent out our hotels etc. I would like to rent out some of those empty top floors in the other worlds too.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited June 2019
    they don't usually release on Saturdays do they or am i wrong
  • Options
    JacoSurJacoSur Posts: 48 Member
    What if we get islands instead of neighbourhoods and we can full explore them?
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    slamonda wrote: »

The 21st is a Friday.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

The 21st is a Friday.

I'm guessing 27th or 28th June.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Sounds great, but Im not raising my hopes up until we FINALLY get some real news.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »

The 21st is a Friday.

I'm guessing 27th or 28th June.

2 sites are now listing the 21st and one of those was right about Seasons release date.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,435 Member
    Laid back lifestyle, makes me think of a beach lounge chair. EA play is a couple days away, guess we’ll find out soon enough if it’s real
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Morning Simmers!! just three more days! :):p