Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EP7 listing (TS4: Island Living) & description, releasing on June 21!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2019
    ThunderNeb wrote: »
    Formats include the PS4 and Xbox 1? Now that makes it seem more likely to be fake. The consoles always have to wait until later.

What that means is the platforms it will be on. It's not coming to consoles until 2 or 3 months later.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Formats include the PS4 and Xbox 1? Now that makes it seem more likely to be fake. The consoles always have to wait until later.

What that mean is the platforms it will be on. It,s not coming to consoles until 2 or 3 months later.

At some point they may catch up on the older ones, though, and be able to release simultaneously. At least I would think so.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

What that mean is the platforms it will be on. It,s not coming to consoles until 2 or 3 months later.

At some point they may catch up on the older ones, though, and be able to release simultaneously. At least I would think so.

I hope so. All they like is My First Pet.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2019
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about the name, lol. I just care about the content (mostly what can be used on every world vs the island only). I would have bet weeks ago that it would be an island EP anyway, considering the other leaks.

I just wish EA would just announce their EPs earlier. I really don't get why they don't do it. Having to learn first from 3rd party sellers is just lame.

Yeah, it's a good thing that a name has zero impact on whether we enjoy the pack or not. B) Some people complain just because they have nothing else to do.

At least with a late announcement, we'll get the pack very soon after.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Wow they took “City Living” and replaced “City” with “Island”. That’s about as creative as using the “Get” naming convention 3 times. Are they that burnt out over there? A unique pack title is one of the easiest things they could possible generate there, and they instead rip off the title of another expansion. Sad

Out of all the things to rip on, this is what you rip on? Nobody complained about Apartment Life, University Life, Night Life etc.

It's not a big deal, out of all the things you could complain about this is easily one of the least important.

Not really your place to decide what a I rip on TBH. Your examples aren’t very good because nightlife is one word, and is quite different from apartment life which is two separate words. University life isn’t even the same game, so not sure why you’re bringing that into it. Again, not any of your business what I think or how I feel about their uncreative titles that are all just rehashed versions of the same idea. Not like there’s any info about this pack yet so kindly keep your objections to my thoughts to yourself please.

There were always uncreative EP titles in the sims. I dont even know what the complaint is Island Living sounds modern and like our sims will live there. But of course you're free to feel differently.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sounds like another holiday pack. Probably Outdoor Retreat given a makeover!
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    Island/Tropical Paradise >>>>>>>>>>>>> Island Living

Island Living sounds really weird.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I'm hoping the leaks are correct and it is a tropical island pack as I thought university would be next.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    People: we want a tropical expansion pack
    -tropical expansion pack release date gets leaked-
    People: I don't like the name

Everyone's a critic, huh.

I guess it's like wanting a green apple? You want one, but when you go to the store, you expect them to sell you a "Granny Smith" and not a "Green Apple".
  • Options
    ElenPink wrote: »
    People: we want a tropical expansion pack
    -tropical expansion pack release date gets leaked-
    People: I don't like the name

Everyone's a critic, huh.

I guess it's like wanting a green apple? You want one, but when you go to the store, you expect them to sell you a "Granny Smith" and not a "Green Apple".

And just like that green apple I dont care what its called as long as the taste is delicious.The name has no significance.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Though I'm most concerned with the content and not the title, I actually quite like "Island Living." It's a common phrase and leaves room for options like "Country Living" later on. ;)
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    I wonder how it will compare to Nandos Tropical Mod Location in Granite Falls.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I hope they give us an option to take a vacation there though! as well as living there!
  • Options
    Though I'm most concerned with the content and not the title, I actually quite like "Island Living." It's a common phrase and leaves room for options like "Country Living" later on. ;)

Yeah I love the title and find the responses to it a bit silly. But thats just me o:)<3
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    I hope they give us an option to take a vacation there though! as well as living there!

Perhaps we get "hotel" as a new lot type and can take vacations in every world.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I'm surprised we haven't seen people whining that they clearly ripped off that mod like they did with the Fame mod when Get Famous was coming out.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Can we dive underwater though?

And it seems no vacations or hotels?

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

There will be no comparison.
  • Options
    Finbar659 wrote: »

Perhaps we get "hotel" as a new lot type and can take vacations in every world.

That would be lovely.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Well, I also think the name Island Living is really weird. It doesn't have the same ring as City Living. I do wish they would add some creativity to the packs names but that's honestly the least of my worries.

I do not like what the tittle/summary implies, that this will be a regular world and not a vacation world. I certainly hope they came up with a feature where sims can go on vacations on regular worlds too, otherwise this will be a waste for me because I couldn't care less about my sims living on an island. If hotels aren't a thing, I will instantly be disappointed.

Also, I wouldn't expect things like swimming in oceans if I were you, not like TS3 at least. The best I can see this pack offering is one or two beach areas where it has an ocean and sims can go swim on them, other than that, don't expect that to be a feature, especially on worlds already created. I personally won't mind it since I never really understood the need of swimming on any body of water you can find, lol. As long as we get actual beaches with waves, sunbathing, beach activities, etc.

@bythedreadwolf Your take is very unique. I see most players say they dont want it to be just be a vacation world, but somewhere like Sunlit Tides in sims 3. And I must say I agree with them. But of course, you can dislike that if you want o:)

The problem is that we currently don't have a way to go on vacations on regular worlds, so if this EP doesn't give us a method to do that, then you will only be able to live there. Having a tropical island world and not be able to go on a vacation there is quite a waste, no?
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Island Living implies you can live there, correct? I hope so, as long as we can swim/snorkel in the ocean!

You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Well, I also think the name Island Living is really weird. It doesn't have the same ring as City Living. I do wish they would add some creativity to the packs names but that's honestly the least of my worries.

I do not like what the tittle/summary implies, that this will be a regular world and not a vacation world. I certainly hope they came up with a feature where sims can go on vacations on regular worlds too, otherwise this will be a waste for me because I couldn't care less about my sims living on an island. If hotels aren't a thing, I will instantly be disappointed.

Also, I wouldn't expect things like swimming in oceans if I were you, not like TS3 at least. The best I can see this pack offering is one or two beach areas where it has an ocean and sims can go swim on them, other than that, don't expect that to be a feature, especially on worlds already created. I personally won't mind it since I never really understood the need of swimming on any body of water you can find, lol. As long as we get actual beaches with waves, sunbathing, beach activities, etc.

@bythedreadwolf Your take is very unique. I see most players say they dont want it to be just be a vacation world, but somewhere like Sunlit Tides in sims 3. And I must say I agree with them. But of course, you can dislike that if you want o:)

The problem is that we currently don't have a way to go on vacations on regular worlds, so if this EP doesn't give us a method to do that, then you will only be able to live there. Having a tropical island world and not be able to go on a vacation there is quite a waste, no?

We don't have a way to go on vacations, how? There is granite falls and Selvadorada now. And sims can travel between worlds. They can just go there anytime they want, for free. Thats better. And the activities will be available. Im not seeing a problem.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    Island Living implies you can live there, correct? I hope so, as long as we can swim/snorkel in the ocean!
    Yeah, and even if you love music while you're in the beach, here goes some reggae and calypso/island radio stations to listen too.
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    Who cares about a name??? It’s not like the pack names have ever been inspired. Just give me good content.