Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires info: blogs, SimGuru tweets etc.!

Comments

• Options
    PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja When sims are turned into vampires is it instant or do we have to wait a few days like in TS3?

@SimGuruNinja said on twitter that it's a "gradual process". I would post the link, but I haven't posted here enough for this board to allow me to add one. :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Wow! All in on this one!
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited January 2017
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    I really wish @SimGuruNinja would answer my question about whether there is a new scared emotion or not. :disappointed:

No new scared emotion.

That's really disappointing. And I was so excited. I'm sad now. Such a wasted opportunity. :'(
    @SimGuruNinja You guys can't make new emotions ever?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    Somehow I think that their interpretation of hunting and or interpretation is different. I think they mean vampires hunting for their next nibble. While some of us are sitting here excited and imaging making Buffy.

I really want vampire hunting aka slaying to be a thing.

But right now, I'm more curious about that family tree and the vampire bassinet.

• Options
    Somehow I think that their interpretation of hunting and or interpretation is different. I think they mean vampires hunting for their next nibble. While some of us are sitting here excited and imaging making Buffy.

But right now, I'm more curious about that family tree and the vampire bassinet.

Read the other thread just posted. I think we can hunt them!
  • Options

I mean that my sim can find and forcefully cure vampires. :)

DU6Xs10.gif

I'm giddy!
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Wowowowowowowowow, it's like GAMEPLAY is super interesting and always awesome to see! Here's to hoping for more of this.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    @SimGuruNinja

Can the Devs turn on the captions, (sub titles) option in the live stream? I can't hear what they're saying and it would be very nice to know what's being said. If they can't do it because the captions can be wrong sometimes, I'll understand. Thanks.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @CarpeNoctemSims family trees work even when the grandchildren are older than the grandparents... I have a sim couple that I just can't bear to let age up but I have continued to play the following generations with normal aging.. lol :s
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Caught up to here - thanks for the reports, guys :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    lightnin-fantasylightnin-fantasy Posts: 231 Member
    I would have loved to see a new emotion scared. I think it would have been much more for fun to be scared to death rather than dying of laughter or other silly emotional deaths we do have. :'(

I would have been excited to see some other supernatural characters too like fairies, witches, werewolves, etc. Do you think we will get a bigger expansion pack with all the other supernaturals or will we have to pay $20 for each supernatural character one at a time?
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Is there any other death besides the death by sunlight?

What if they don't drink plasma? Do they die? Get sick?

Can vampires drink a little bit too much plasma and kill sims?

And do they have to sleep in a coffin? Can they sleep in a regular bed as well?

Do they have to eat? And if not, then, can they still eat? Will they enjoy food or is it only plasma from now on?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    I've got a million of questions, I know:D
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2017

Do they have to eat? And if not, then, can they still eat? Will they enjoy food or is it only plasma from now on?

A Simguru said on twitter vamps can sleep in beds or coffins. I think it was Meg.
  • Options
    Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    @luthienrising

Can you get a SimGuru to answer my questions?
    I don't trust your source, Cat!

Your kidding right?

I never kid. Except when I'm kidding.
    And I'm kidding.

So....yes.

So long as you are here, I have some questions. (Though any SimGuru can answer these. )

1. Will a vampire feeding from a sim set either gender preference or romantic interest? (Ideally, it should do neither.)

2. Will the vampires be able to acquire immunity to sunlight (as The Sims 3 version did) ?

@SimGuruDrake
    @SimGuruNinja
    @SimGuruEugi

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I hope that they will add a scared-emotion in a later pack. Now the mechanics for powers are developed and can be reused later on. Maybe that will leave time for creating a new emotion? I am still very very excited about the pack but I do hope they intend to add it later on.

Yay for being able to forcefully curing a vampire! I can make good stories with this :smile:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    edited January 2017
    @luthienrising
    1. Will a vampire feeding from a sim set either gender preference or romantic interest? (Ideally, it should do neither.)

2. Will the vampires be able to acquire immunity to sunlight (as The Sims 3 version did) ?

@SimGuruDrake
    @SimGuruNinja
    @SimGuruEugi

1. Biting won't set gender preference.
    2. We'll go over powers and weaknesses soon
  • Options

@SimGuruNinja can you answer my questions please?:3

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2017
    @SimGuruNinja can you answer a question I might have missed? Say I switch to a different Sim, will my vampire be seen out in daylight when I'm not playing him/her? And if so will they burn up outside my control if I see them at the park etc. Or do they pretty much not (my own) show up in other towns?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru

@SimGuruNinja can you answer my questions please?:3

Vamps can't kill Sims.
    Vamps may or may not have to sleep in a coffin, based on their Powers/Weaknesses.
    They don't have to eat (food), but they can. Maybe. Depends on their Powers/Weaknesses.

:smile:

Sorry to keep you hungry for more. But anticipation is the best, right?
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    @luthienrising

@SimGuruDrake
    @SimGuruNinja
    @SimGuruEugi

1. Biting won't set gender preference.

Reading this makes me laugh way too hard and makes me picture some old ridiculous propaganda making claims like you can "catch" homosexuality via direct contact with a gay person.

"GOOD NEWS GUYS, no gay vampires spreading the gay all over town! Phew!! I get to keep my wife after all!"
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top