Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires info: blogs, SimGuru tweets etc.!

1394041424345...Next

Comments

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    dmel15 wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    Here is a question. If you create a vampire in CAS, can you set their age? I know that's such a small trivial thing, but like I am wondering because say you wanted to create an ancient vampire who was like 500 years old or whatever, can you set their age to be that? Or does it just create the vampire at whatever age group you make them and then they age from there?
    Vampires stop aging once they reach Young Adult. But I just checked and you can make a Vampire in CAS and change its life stage to Elder.

Thing is, they are immortal when it comes to aging, so the 500 years old part is pretty much going to be in your head.

So you can't set their age number? Like vampires don't age up anymore but their age thing counts the days they have lived. I was wondering if you could change that number in CAS to make it seem like the vampire has lived a long time.
    As far as I know, the age count in-game for total days lived has always been invisible (if it's recorded at all). The only way to track it is to keep a count outside the game by watching the numbers in life stage progression and writing them down. And since they don't age past YA, you'd probably need some kind of mod tool to do it (and I don't know if any like that exist).

So no, there is no way to change that number in CAS, unfortunately. But since it's not displayed in game, I don't think it's going to make much difference anyway. What you could do is make a Vampire and then when you go in game, use cheats to give them completion of the Master Vampire aspiration, since that one has an objective at the end that is "Survive for an Additional 20 Days as a Vampire." That would give you something of an imagined marker for having lived a while.

You could then use cheats to level them up to Grand Master, which might be important for solidifying the illusion. See: https://mic.com/articles/166604/sims-4-vampire-cheats-and-codes-list-max-out-skills-increase-rank-max-energy-and-more#.D36mWHLW3
    stats.set_skill_level VampireLore [level] — Raise your Vampire Skill level. Type in the Lore level you'd like to assign your Sim here where it says [level]. You can use a number from 1-15. For example: stats.stats.set_skill_level VampireLore 10.

stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1593 — This will max out your selected Vampire's current rank and will award 2 extra power points for your trouble.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    Here is a question. If you create a vampire in CAS, can you set their age? I know that's such a small trivial thing, but like I am wondering because say you wanted to create an ancient vampire who was like 500 years old or whatever, can you set their age to be that? Or does it just create the vampire at whatever age group you make them and then they age from there?
    Vampires stop aging once they reach Young Adult. But I just checked and you can make a Vampire in CAS and change its life stage to Elder.

Thing is, they are immortal when it comes to aging, so the 500 years old part is pretty much going to be in your head.

So you can't set their age number? Like vampires don't age up anymore but their age thing counts the days they have lived. I was wondering if you could change that number in CAS to make it seem like the vampire has lived a long time.
    As far as I know, the age count in-game for total days lived has always been invisible (if it's recorded at all). The only way to track it is to keep a count outside the game by watching the numbers in life stage progression and writing them down. And since they don't age past YA, you'd probably need some kind of mod tool to do it (and I don't know if any like that exist).

So no, there is no way to change that number in CAS, unfortunately. But since it's not displayed in game, I don't think it's going to make much difference anyway. What you could do is make a Vampire and then when you go in game, use cheats to give them completion of the Master Vampire aspiration, since that one has an objective at the end that is "Survive for an Additional 20 Days as a Vampire." That would give you something of an imagined marker for having lived a while.

You could then use cheats to level them up to Grand Master, which might be important for solidifying the illusion. See: https://mic.com/articles/166604/sims-4-vampire-cheats-and-codes-list-max-out-skills-increase-rank-max-energy-and-more#.D36mWHLW3
    stats.set_skill_level VampireLore [level] — Raise your Vampire Skill level. Type in the Lore level you'd like to assign your Sim here where it says [level]. You can use a number from 1-15. For example: stats.stats.set_skill_level VampireLore 10.

stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1593 — This will max out your selected Vampire's current rank and will award 2 extra power points for your trouble.

I remember reading in the Did you know thread that when sims are changed into vampires their age bar changes to say Days lived and it keeps counting up.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

I remember reading in the Did you know thread that when sims are changed into vampires their age bar changes to say Days lived and it keeps counting up.
    Well color me wrong then. I didn't realize that.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Hey, does anybody know if a cowplant can eat vampires?
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Dunno. My game is borked so I can't graft snapdragons to Dragon fruit bushes. And I've never had a cowplant eat anybody. Ever.
    Good question, though.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    SterkinsenARTSterkinsenART Posts: 124 Member

This has been the best sims pack ever!!! Thank you so much!!! <3<3<3
    Sims-4-Dragon.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&dpr=1.5
  • Options
    cloud9676cloud9676 Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure if this is the place to ask this but couldn't find a thread that this would fit in. I'm playing as anormal "human" sim, can I let other vampires feed on me? Is there a social for that?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    cloud9676 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the place to ask this but couldn't find a thread that this would fit in. I'm playing as anormal "human" sim, can I let other vampires feed on me? Is there a social for that?

You can ask a Vampire to feed on you, I think? I know you can ask them to turn you.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    It would be nice to have an "Offer to allow a small drink" social.
  • Options
    Ryuzaki5Ryuzaki5 Posts: 50 Member
    It would be awesome if plasma fruit
    a] was not affected by sloppy drinker. In the time it takes to eat the stuff, I lose more thirst than I gain.
    b] Had more recipes. In TS3 if the recipe called for any nonspecific fruit, plasma fruit counted. At least give me a Gourmet recipe and a Baking Recipe. Plasma Fruit Pie anyone?
    my vampire chef has nothing but normie food to sell in her restaurant/bakery...

And a wider variety of weaknesses? A super evil vampire is easy, a grey-hearted loner is challenging, a totally nice vampire is almost impossible.

I made some up the other day:

Picky Eater - might not like that particular sims plasma...
    No Reflection!? - occasionally scares themselves or becomes depressed from not being able to see their reflection
    Hunted! - more likely to encounter vampire slayers. (upgrade-able) <- see what I did there? LOL the Hunted! moodlet from TS3
    Sensitive Senses - more negative affects from loud noises or smelly surroundings. Garlic makes them nauseous and not just weak. Conflicts with garlic immunity.
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I once saw a comment somewhere in which a non-vampire sim beat/defeated a vampire with a staff/stick of garlic or something along those lines. I've maxed out Vampire Lore, made wreaths, garlic braids, etc.. Anyone yet figure out how to keep garlic as a weapon in your inventory and be able to use it in this way? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    "Survive for an Additional 20 Days as a Vampire" is constantly resetting days count after Island living. just another broken thing in the game, nothing new.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    "Survive for an Additional 20 Days as a Vampire" is constantly resetting days count after Island living. just another broken thing in the game, nothing new.

That's not quite pre-release info. You can report that over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top