May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• Options
    Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    I'll come back later to reply to everything, but I have a quick question now for @OJenn or anyone else... I'm confused about giving traits to kids! We use this for randomnizing traits right? And they need to inherit a trait too? Or a skill? And how do we take the parents' traits into account? (Or is that not possible with this randomnizer?)
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    I can't complain too much because kittens <3 but let me tell you...kittens and keyboards are the bane of my existence right now.

@Heckstress17 Poor Silas not getting any scholarships or distinguished degrees! He is really cute. I'm still team Fawn though hehe :) I kinda love Aiyden's ghost still wandering around. Of course he's angry. haha I love how Silas celebrated becoming an adult! Awww poor Fawn! I loved seeing her hanging out with her friends though. I love Jonas! Is he one of our sims or just a random boy? Proposal! <3 Poor Fawn that's sad that Zach aged up without her. I hope she's not too far behind him. I have such mixed feelings about this Jonas! He's so cute! ...and sweet... The poor thing afterwards though! And poor sweet Iris. Aww but then the wedding. @Heckstress17 too many feels in this update!! Oh haha you must have known I was going to ask about him! I'm going to look for him. Hmm nope no look. No Jewell families have a little boy name Jonas on the gallery. Maybe I have to look in game. Maybe he had custom content? Anyways, sweet date, mixed feelings. :)

@Mionax I feel so sad for Ashton in your updates lately and especially this one where he starts out sad! I think it's mostly because I wanted him to be heir!! I can't wait to have a sim who knits. It looks like fun. Aww what a sweet guy Alek is cleaning up. Awww look at you who says she doesn't tell stories! The proposal story is awesome! So sweet. I loved it. I also love that she left the boys to run home and tell her parents. That's so cute. The wedding was beautiful and the couple was gorgeous.
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Francisca464 - You're truly my long lost twin :lol: I had trouble understanding the inheritable trait/skill thing too. In fact it had to be explained to me more then once lol so hopefully I'm telling your correctly. It's my understanding that our sims are meant to pass down a hobby in the form of a skill. For instance my heirs are going to all be fabricators, and keep fabrication going throughout the generations. I didn't randomize it, but there's a spot on the randomizer you linked for hobbies, and that's where you'd get your skill/hobby. As far as kids traits go, I just used the randomizer in game when they aged up. I did use the linked randomizer to determine their aspirations though. I hope this makes sense. I feel like I'm rambling :lol:

@Mionax - Poor Ashton :disappointed: I felt really bad for him being so sad about leaving his grown sister behind. He did a great job preparing her for adulthood, and he's leaving her in good hands with Alek. His initial handshake to congratulate her on the engagement was too formal. I was glad when he was able to let his emotions out with the hug. Both Mariam and Alek's YA makeovers suit them :blush: I really love Mariam's new hairstyle. That's too bad about the rainy wedding. Rained out wedding's are popular right now lol. But it was still a beautiful wedding, and I was happy to spot Aiyden, Iris, and even Uncle Knox in the pics :smile:

@IllusoryThrall - I was thinking the same thing, apparently rained out weddings are in style at the moment lol. I like Jonas too. I just wish I could remember who I downloaded him from so I could give them credit lol!

@Kiwicantdie - Thanks :heart: virtual Kindergarten may be the death of me :lol: but I'm trying! I'm worried about things worsening in the winter months too. The US did a very poor job of shutting down, hence the case and death counts still on the rise... but we can only do our part, so that's what we're doing. We need a shrug and eyeroll emoji on these forums lol. Anyway, yes I love having Selene in my game. I had forgotten she hads the hates children trait. When Fawn learned that about her it reminded me why she wasn't your heir :lol: I do think the scholarship thing is yet another bug :grimace: Maybe that's why ghostly Aiyden was so mad? I didn't really expect to be having an engagement and a wedding in this update either lol but with Iris' time nearly being up, and Fawn about to move out, I had to move things along. I would've been really mad if MCC separated Silas and Ashlynn lol. Oh and yeah isn't the view from that restaurant awesome? When I was rebuilding San Myshuno I knew I needed a place for my sims to dine near that bridge :smile:

You posted your update early :mrgreen: Iris sleeping by the bassinets was so cute. She's doing her best lol. Aiyden feeding the cowplant gave me anxiety. I'm having flashbacks! His fabricator fight was epic :joy: his surrender in the last picture really got me. I don't blame him and Iris one bit for stressing, or their method of de-stressing lol Oh Lia :joy: what a montage of pictures. She's the least threatening intruder ever. Let's just pretend she was just being thoughtful about the twins birthdays. I need the inheritable freckle mod! It's so cute they both got Iris' cheek mole. Maddy is the cutest :love: I love her little outfit. Aiyden's posture in the pic after they aged up :joy: I feel that. Whatever emotion it is. I feel that deep in my soul lol. Their trip downtown was interesting :lol: Tina cleaning up after the twins while Maddy sleeps in the background was the best. Poor little Max looks so upset after being bit. Protect Max! OMG that cowplant pic and caption :scream::joy: That picture encapsulates why to fear the cowplant. The twins park pics were the cutest. I totally get how the twins feel separate from each other though. My sim kids are usually off living their own lives while under the same roof too lol I love summer, the pics outside always look so nice. My Iris would advise you about having the kids, and Aiyden, that close to the cowplant, but he seems to be pretty tame. I don't think I'll be mourning him though :lol: Cowplants die so easily! I swear mine in the past have been fully fed and kicked the bucket right after eating. Having one less mouth to feed is a good thing since Iris and Aiyden can't stop multiplying! Iris looks so done :lol: Aw Jace :heart: How nice of him to show up completely out of the blue and uninvited??? What a creeper. If Pablita only knew what he was up to in his spare time :lol: I need him and Pablita to have their own whole story in Forgotten Hollow. Anyway, Iris seemed to cope pretty well with being pregnant and caring for 2 toddlers. My Iris use to waddle to the community board on a full bladder too lol Welcome baby Kirk! I love his little knitted onsie :heart:

@debjameswhite - I love that Aiyden's ghost is angry too. Maybe he's just mad at me for his memorial pic? :lol: I'm glad you're team Fawn, because she's definitely my heir. Jonas is a true townie. I downloaded his family from the gallery. Maybe I just downloaded his parents and they had him in game? Or he was the product of an affair? I don't know for sure, but I do know that he aged up right when Fawn did so it was great timing. Now I'm really intrigued, I'm gonna hunt his gallery family down. I'm still upset that Heath's son Zach aged up so far ahead of Fawn :bawling: I had planned for them to be together.
    Edit: I found them. You were right you have to have the cc option ticked. Though they don't have any cc. The Jewell family!
    cO99quW.png
    Post edited by Heckstress17 on
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Kiwicantdie Max and Maddy are cute! Oh no! Another nooboo. Excuse me while I politely try to stifle my laughter at this second oops. :smile::joy: Great update. I like the infant onesie.

"Here in Italy we say that if it rains on your wedding day, you're one super lucky bride " I did not know that. Nice!

@Mionax I feel so sad for Ashton in your updates lately and especially this one where he starts out sad! I think it's mostly because I wanted him to be heir!! I can't wait to have a sim who knits. It looks like fun. Aww what a sweet guy Alek is cleaning up. Awww look at you who says she doesn't tell stories! The proposal story is awesome! So sweet. I loved it. I also love that she left the boys to run home and tell her parents. That's so cute. The wedding was beautiful and the couple was gorgeous.

:blush: I'm not very good at it. I decided to try a little. ty! :smiley:

@Mionax - Poor Ashton :disappointed: I felt really bad for him being so sad about leaving his grown sister behind. He did a great job preparing her for adulthood, and he's leaving her in good hands with Alek. His initial handshake to congratulate her on the engagement was too formal. I was glad when he was able to let his emotions out with the hug. Both Mariam and Alek's YA makeovers suit them :blush: I really love Mariam's new hairstyle. That's too bad about the rainy wedding. Rained out wedding's are popular right now lol. But it was still a beautiful wedding, and I was happy to spot Aiyden, Iris, and even Uncle Knox in the pics :smile:

ty! I feel bad for Ashton too. I like him a lot so that is why I included him in the life of the chosen heir as I did. I had to include Knox with the rest of the family. It just seemed wrong not too. He seems to have become 'family' too in so many of our stories. :smile:
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    From Mionax News Desk...

Do you wanna...? (Of course he does. Duh :D )

08-16-20_12-18-05_AM.png

Is that a baby bump?! ;)

08-16-20_12-27-10_AM.png

Maybe I can get her skill up so she can make infant onesies too. I like them.

08-16-20_1-12-32_AM.png

Ashton's old room was converted into a nursery. Its not got a lot of decoration yet. Off camera are cute curtains and a ladybug toy/decor.

08-16-20_1-30-21_AM.png

Mariam chose to get a bee box for the honey. They mostly bond nicely but not today.

08-16-20_1-41-50_AM.png

Mom Iris came over to visit and dance to the stereo to help around the house a little. (Good intentions, right?)

08-16-20_1-45-09_AM.png
  • Options
    EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    So as not to be too far behind all of you I have decided to start this challenge while still finishing and posting about the older version as well.
    Thanks, to @OJenn for her shell of Plan A for Evergreen Harbor which I used and changed to fit my founders! They only have a few furnishings as most of their money went into buying the lot/house. While it is a great refurbish/rebuild of an older house with some modern additions they were NOT happy to discover that the beautiful grass was just new sod and the backyard told the true story of the industrial impact on the local environment. I chose the Greene's as my founders. :smiley: The house can be found on my gallery: EthanHS

The house so far:
    eSiXJMW.png
    nURZ8Vn.png
    xDuW9WG.png
    1ub5iis.png
    rzO8LCl.png
    X2S4HBF.png
    nzvbTmu.png
    WwU4bni.png
    qz6WIsW.png
    7ftJTNI.png
    mtVOyKx.png
    ehs5Cxe.png

Aiyden Greene
    DJ1MM70.png
    KVponGm.png
    Iv2Y2iB.png
    gNEhChr.png
    FOMTeY3.png
    v5IJ1Ft.png
    DDjYR1f.png
    qp4nZZs.png

Iris Greene
    1xP8xKf.png
    Qg5sJvs.png
    BLK0dOJ.png
    ezdqO64.png
    YSTpnIb.png
    QJb0VnM.png
    I0kc4Ss.png
    UY9IIVj.png
  • Options
    @EMSimmer30 Your home looks very good. I really like the makeovers on your Aiyden and Iris. :smile:
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @Mionax Whew, I'm glad Ashton is okay! That was so weird! Good for Mariam voting on the NAPs -- looks like she's becoming a very responsible young woman. Alek is such a sweetie! I'm so glad he moved in with them, but I feel bad for Ashton. He's the best brother EVER. Mariam and Alek look amazing with their YA makeovers!! I'm so excited for them! I'm sad that Ashton has to move out, but it's time, and that just means they have room for babies now :wink: Yay a bump! And good call on getting the knitting skill up in time for cute baby onesies. I love them too.

@debjameswhite Omg I love your new kittens!! :love::heart: For the Sulani "vacation home," I set the lot type to Generic. Townies won't visit generic lots, so your sims can visit and treat it like their own house without worrying about other sims stopping by. I almost just had them move temporarily, but I was worried they wouldn't have enough money to buy their Evergreen Harbor house back :lol: The Generic lot worked great -- I went ahead and uploaded it to the gallery if you want to borrow it for a Sulani "vacation" :wink: Also here is Suri's family from the gallery: link.

@Rhythrin Yes yes yes, I needed an update from you! Luana is the cutest pregnant sim ever, I love that she's always wearing her swimwear :lol: Poor girl with the morning sickness though :frowning: Fizzing seems like the perfect hobby for her! I can't wait to try it out in my game, it looks so fun. Aww the bump love pics :heart: Congrats on a baby girl!! I love how Manu was standing around eager for his turn to hold Aleyne, he's gonna be such a great dad :heart: Ooooo oh yes, baby #2 on the way!! I'm so excited! Her lavender garden is so pretty omg! A boy -- perfect!! Are you going to have them have more kids, or just stick with two? Oh my GOSH Aleyne is such a cute tod. I can't wait to see who she takes after more. Yes, go play more 'cause I need another update already! :smiley:

@Heckstress17 Aw poor Silas. I wonder why you guys didn't get any scholarships! Haven got like 5 different ones :flushed: He's so cute!! He definitely grew into his features. Lol I love that the teens got all dressed up to hang out :lol: I know what you mean, I need to build like 10 more lots for my game but 1) I'm too lazy and 2) I keep forgetting anyway :tongue: Congrats to Silas and Ashlynn on their engagement! :heart: I'm not even mad that Jonas came into the picture. Look at him -- he's so cute!! :love: That's Zach's loss :tongue: Omg poor Fawn, fix her needs you monster!! :joy: (I can't judge, I abused sleep potions to get Haven through uni+work+everything else lol.) I'm so happy for Silas and Ashlynn, and that Iris got to be there :heart: That bowling alley is so cool! The blue lighting is perfect! Omg go Jonas!! I'm rooting for them #TeamJonas

I THOUGHT my quiet sims days were over, but now one of our D&D players is sick, so I'm "off" from D&D for another couple of weeks :smiley: I shouldn't be as happy about it as I am, but I'm really really into sims right now :sweat_smile: (Also don't feel bad for him. His mom tested positive for covid and his entire household was told to get tested and quarantine, because they live with and take care of his very sick, elderly grandfather. But he hasn't done either, and he's not even wearing a mask when he goes out. We're quarantining from him since he clearly can't be responsible about it.) I did get a new laptop! I got an HP Omen with an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card. It's a beast as far as performance and graphics go, but it does have overheating issues (average temp is 90-100C while playing sims :grimace: ), so Idk if I'd recommend it especially for the price lol. The wedding went so much better than I could've ever expected...I have no idea how I pulled that off tbh :lol: I'm on board with doing Sulani next!! It's such a beautiful world. Their wedding was on a Saturday, honeymoon Sunday, and their adult bday was Monday. Uni literally takes the entire young adult stage, and that's only if you can handle 4 uni classes at once (which means doing basically nothing but homework for an entire lifestage). That didn't feel fair, so I gave them potions of youth Sunday night. I uploaded them to the gallery at the start of their second YA lifestage, so Haven has his degree and they're married (and Suri's pregnant... :lol: ).

@Kiwicantdie Suri's parents were married. I enabled the cheating/divorce settings cause I like the drama too lol. I felt sooo bad about Haven having the Child of the Ocean trait since he was a teen and never visiting Sulani, so I wanted to let him enjoy it after the wedding hence the "honeymoon." You should rebuild Sulani next with me and @Heckstress17 ! :smiley: YESSS I was so excited to see you post an update! Oh man, I almost forgot you had twins last update...those poor stressed sims :sweat_smile: Uhhh I don't know if woohoo is a great "stress-reliever" right now...that's what got you into this mess in the first place, Aiyden & Iris! :grimace: Lia...what?? Why?? :joy: Omg Max and Maddy are the cutest!! Also I'm glad the inheritable freckles mod worked for you :blush: I love that the twins have such different personalities. The Inquisitive trait is my fav because they always end up being such chill, happy kids when you're forcing them to skill grind lol. The pic of Maddy's sassy self and the trash :joy::joy: OMG and her sleeping on the ground!! :bawling: I feel bad for the girl, but then she bit her precious perfect brother and that's where I draw the line :tongue: UHHHHHMMMMM that cowplant pic was TERRIFYING :flushed: Wow what a difference beautiful fresh Willow Creek air makes, the tods are like totally different tods :lol: I get their "only child" attitudes though, it makes total sense. I think Max is my fav right now, I just love his sweet, chill personality, and I think you need some chill in your game :lol: ...especially with another kid(s?) on the way :flushed: Fingers crossed for a single birth this time, because I really don't want you to rage quit :joy: Oh my god vampire Jace is HOT :love: Can you please adopt him? He could be the live-in nanny :sweat_smile: Oh...right...Pablita would probably kidnap the kids and hold them hostage if she didn't get Jace back...maybe that's a bad idea :lol: Thank god -- a single birth!! OH MY GOD THE ONESIE IS SO CUTE!!! :love: That's officially my new favorite thing about this game. It just made babies 1000% better lol.

@EMSimmer30 Yay I'm so glad you're joining us! I love how you've decorated the house, and I love your Aiyden and Iris! She looks super cute with the short hair!
  • Options
    RhythrinRhythrin Posts: 184 Member
    Hey guys, I hope everyone's had a lovely weekend? I know I sure have, I think I've played the sims for most of it, LOL. I might update later, but for now, I'm here for some comments!

@Heckstress17 Aww, what a shame Silas didn't get any scholarship, but I think you may be right that it's a bug. I have yet to find out for myself but if the same happens in my game, I'm sure to let you guys know and perhaps report it to the developers :blush:. Silas definitely turned into a handsome young man. Him and Ashlynn are such a beautiful couple together! Ohh poor Fawn! It really is hard keeping up with all your homework, skills, and also socializing after school!! I have to say Jonas is really cute. Ohhh Silas and Ashlynn are going to get married!? :scream: I'm so excited! I do feel for Fawn in this update, she seems to have a string of unfortunate events. I really liked Zach too! I'm glad she had Jonas to fall back on, though, I really like his looks, too. :wink: The date seemed a success, but woops, you're really grinding her hard, huh? :tongue:. She's a cutie even when she looks sad and is covered in her own filth. Aww, I'm glad Iris got to witness her son and Ashlynn' wedding. Despite the pouring rian, I still thought that was a really cute gesture. Yay for Fawn and Jonas! This update is full of love and I'm here for it. :blush:

@Mionax how cute how Alek has really become part of the family. Aww yay a wedding! Ashton must be proud to see how far his little sister has come. I like Mariam and Alek's makeovers, they look very adult indeed! The wedding pictures are just lovely! I'm sure they will be a lovely couple and I can't wait to see what they'll be up to. Ohhh a nooboo on the way already! I'm eager to see what their nooboos would grow up to be like.

@Kiwicantdie Oof yeah, taking care of twins is hard, especially when you're a lazy sim! :tongue: I really don't trust Aiyden with any cowplants anymore.. Oh dear. How odd that Lia came round, pulled some ingredients out the fridge and then left? I wonder what that's all about. Ohhh Maddy and Max are total cuties as toddlers!! Haha, I love Maddy's sass at the community space, I'd probably have the same attitude around a trash-filled space. Poor Iris sure is completely tuckered out from taking care of two kiddos eh. I do love Max and Maddy's intricate relationship. The way you describe it makes it seem like they tolerate each other, but they're just each doing their own thing and that's cool too. Ooh yay! Another pregnancy! Iris looks thrilled (not). :joy:. Rip Cowplant. But honestly, it's probably for the best.... Oh no, I hope Lia learns some manners soon. How weird that she keeps entering to grab kitchen supplies!? Welcome little Kirk! LOL Aiyden was NOT ready to be woken up at night yet, huh?

@EMSimmer30 Ohhh I like the exterior of your house. Some nice plants, gives it a really fresh vibe. I also like the colour scheme of the kitchen. I also love your version of the Greene's, they look so different! It's so fun to see everyone's takes on them. I'm looking forward
  • Options
    RhythrinRhythrin Posts: 184 Member
    Update 3: They're growing so fast...

Hey lovelies! I've been playing a buttload so this is gonna be a looooooong update!

I had Luana quit her job so she could take care of the children. But I really have to peel Luana away from her mermaid grotto sometimes. If she's free of any duties, she autonomously gravitates towards it.
    7Kbah1F.png
    eWf84PI.png

But she always makes sure her kiddo's are well fed and get lots of attention.
    bMT0Hn6.png

I'm sure she's a child at heart, she's playing with Aylene a lot.
    Gf6gMSU.png
    TrlEH8s.png

Aylene however was over being thrown around for the day.
    30X4pCt.png

Luana tried to teach her to talk but Aylene really didn't give in.
    seNLvWW.png

But then daddy came home...
    yVk0mat.png

Suddenly learning how to talk was super fun!
    QUPx07r.png
    cFGBIQU.png

Manu even read her a bedtime story.
    BFmle77.png

And the next morning.. she was sad dad left for work already. Can you tell she's a daddy's girl? :joy:
    lDh2Ey1.png

She was in a better mood today, luckily.
    EeQHn93.png
    GdAqSCj.png
    DHw9VDU.png

Aylene even happily played by herself in her little brother's room while her mom had to take care of the bees and the flowers.
    AclrSUI.png

And before she knew it, dad was home again to have some quality time with!
    IiDiSGY.png

Luana is really in her element when she's taking care of her garden.
    DE1QvBU.png

I think I'll make those the inheritable skill, gardening and beekeeping.
    Y6GF5JP.png

Also, I love the honey cakes.
    2NSR2Cl.png

And before I knew it, it was time for Kidra to become a toddler, too!
    q7e5xyW.png

He's a cutie, too!
    BRxsz1B.png

Aylene naturally gravitated towards her little brother.
    EPg7AO1.png

She even sat near him when they had some food to munch.
    xEQPH4v.png

Except Kidra played with it more than he ate..
    smBQFYU.png

This dollhouse really is a favorite, too.
    VEbT59M.png
    otdWJ62.png

But as the big sister, Aylene sometimes had to entertain herself.
    UrGSucN.png

So mom could teach Kidra the things she'd already learnt.
    AS9ZEbs.png
    EkxKuKc.png

That doesn't mean Aylene is never up to any mischief though...
    EztABtg.png

Luckily, one firm look from her mom is enough.
    03hSbqz.png

Manu has been busy getting a promotion at his job, but he always checks in with his kids after work.
    kp6noXf.png

And Meepsy is still getting attention, too! Though it is getting harder and harder to keep up with everything..
    37YFHjo.png

Manu decided to fabricate in his underwear.
    NSbsKPU.png

He got into a little trouble, but he somehow seemed to enjoy it?
    s4agUZg.png
    w6RsqBe.png

Luana and Manu decided to relax in the sun outside as the toddlers napped.
    ydq75m5.png
    41OXvfx.png

Manu seems to like what he sees.
    CCaf5gF.png
    XQNxwBr.png
    J0jJFK6.png

Kidra destroyed his own dollhouse, and then got sad about it.
    90EUrw9.png

Meepsy was also up to some ballistic 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    raGs8ZT.png

Thankfully Kidra quickly cheered up.
    t8iE7jg.png

I love the silly dances they do when there's music nearby.
    o4hY8gr.png

Luana and Manu still kept the tradition of chatting over dinner.
    dWIDqZx.png
    mbJLO1a.png

Manu has the family oriented aspiration, so he reads to Kidra and Aylene a lot.
    QW86hUz.png

Before I know it, Aylene's birthday was around the corner, so I had Luana bake a cake. Kidra was there to help!
    qbziBxa.png

....Or to talk his moms ears off.
    rb58gSB.png

Time for this stinky toddler to grow up! This'll be the last time you pooped yourself (hopefully) :tongue:
    xNyCNc4.png
    QEA7GgH.png

I gave her bedroom a nice little makeover.
    ugwEmU5.png
    f3M3FmL.png
    bQOmYM4.png

Aylene immediately had the whim to do her homework.
    gsNhhxb.png

After her first day of school, she even opted to study next to her sleeping babybrother. Luana isn't sure what to make of it.
    uITeZRJ.png

At one point, Luana and Manu snuck away for some quiet time together..
    VnWMBYf.png

Good thing Aylene entertained Kidra for a while.
    MzCEnh1.png

And after that it was time for Manu and Luana to entertain Aylene.
    ieYvj1T.png
    QpRA8lN.png

Luana had some news for Manu. Apparantly their sneaking has led to some consequences...
    5E8mptD.png

Manu seemed thrilled to welcome another (and hopefully final) nooboo into their family.
    sujBl9P.png

He is a great dad, despite his long working hours.
    F1p2qOd.png

Aylene discovered the little basement pool, too.
    WuyapK8.png

And is also enjoying plonking away on the piano.
    gxB3SvN.png
    IjbA4QB.png

And before I knew it, it was time for Kidra to grow up, aswell!
    JvYhbhj.png

I don't have an in-game shot of Kidra as a kid yet, but here's a little comparison. Besides the hair and skintones being different, both kids look identical to one another! They seem to probably have the same nose and lipshape as their dad. I'm really curious to see if they stay this identical..
    U8JN9jX.png

Some of Aylene's outfits.
    yvmQy7l.png

And Kidra's outfits.
    wsyoYcJ.png

That's it for now! I'll be back with another update soon~♥
  • Options
    @Rhythrin
    Kidra and Aylene look cute as toddlers and now as children. I'm looking forward to seeing this next nooboo. Good update!
  • Options
    Remember how I was whining about how much I didn't wanna build? lol well that's literally all I've done in game the past two days. I've nearly completed the 2nd generation house. I relocated and revamped the community park I was too unhappy with to share lol and I built a restaurant for Port Promise that I'm actually really happy with :mrgreen: I'll post a tour of that soon. I'm so happy to have some (well actually only 2 :lol: ) community lots for Evergreen Harbor, and even more happy I won't need to build again until generation 3 lol! Now time for comments. :smiley:

@Mionax - Mariam really is beautiful as a YA. I'm glad she's good at knitting, she's gonna need those baby onesies soon! Aw and look at Iris feeling her baby bump :blush: I hope we see Grandpa Aiyden too!

@EMSimmer30 - I'm glad you decided to start playing V2 while finishing up the other challenge. @OJenn 's house shell looks great in your game. You've decorated it nicely, even if it is only with starter furniture for now. I'm loving getting to see everyone's versions of Aiyden and Iris. They're all so different! I like Aiyden's style, and Iris is rockin' her short hair.

@JordanNicoleJJ - Haha don't feel too guilty about being happy D&D is on hiatus. It's like the universe in aligning perfectly right now to let you get your sims binge on lol That guy who's the cause of your hiatus though :grimace: Yikes! I don't feel bad for him :lol: Steer clear of that dude for awhile. You did get a new computer! I thought your screenshots were looking especially pretty lately. I'm happy for you :blush: I know you'd been wanting a new laptop for awhile. It's a bummer about the overheating though. I haven't had a sim go to Uni yet, but when I enrolled Silas and sent him for literally 2 sim days I quickly realized that 4 classes left zero time for anything but school and homework. I'm still gonna send Fawn, but it really is lame that it literally takes the whole YA lifestage to graduate. I need to do your method of buying potions for sure. Oh yeah, the bowling was neat because it auto became "glow bowling" which I thought was cool. Did you upload Haven and Suri? I need them!

@Rhythrin - I had a good weekend. I was lazy and played sims a bunch too. :blush: thanks for asking. I'm definitely interested to see if your kids get the Evergreen Harbor scholarship. And yeah :lol: I'm having a hard time keeping up with Fawn's homework, skills, and social life. She's had it rough lol I like Jonas' look too. He aged up with a bit of a bad boy vibe so when I gave him a makeover I decided to keep it. That's definitely "my type" in real life :lol:

Everytime you post pics of Luana in her mermaid form it makes me wanna take Luana and Manu and rebuild Sulani now! She's such a pretty mermaid :heart: and her grotto :love: Of course I love seeing her taking care of her little ones too. Aylene is such a grumpy little thing. I love how much of a Daddy's girl she is. I think Luana passing the gardening and bee (boxing? :lol: ) down to her heir is a great idea. Your family could start a honey cake business lol Toddler Kidra is so cute! It's great how he and his sister share such a family resemblance. My sim kids couldn't have looked any more opposite. Manu is having a heck of a time with that fabricator :lol: and what was Meepsy doing?! Aylene's big kid room is super cute, and I like that she's using the family room now too. Good thing she kept Kidra out of their parents bedroom while they were "busy". Otherwise baby #3 might not have been made lol! omg look at how cute both Aylene and Kidra are in their CAS pics :heart: They look so alike. I love them. Though I think they might have their Mom's nose. I guess we'll have to wait and see! Yesssss outfit tours :heart: Aylene's dress and active wear are my favs, while Kidra's whole wardrobe is just perfect. Seriously, I might have to steal some of his outfits.
  • Options

@Mionax - Mariam really is beautiful as a YA. I'm glad she's good at knitting, she's gonna need those baby onesies soon! Aw and look at Iris feeling her baby bump :blush: I hope we see Grandpa Aiyden too!
    The moment Aiyden finds out he's going to be a grandpa. :smile:

08-16-20_11-49-51_PM.png

• Options
    edited August 2020
    @Mionax - Awww Aiyden looks so proud to be a Grandpa :heart: thanks for sharing!

Non update restaurant tour :smile:

Port Promise in Evergreen Harbor finally has a casual place to eat out! This is Anavrin. Raise your hand if you watch the Netflix series, You, and know exactly where I got this name :lol: It's Nirvana spelled backwards, so it's just the kind of hippie/trendy sorta vibe I was going for lol.
    voVloDv.png

The main reason I built this place was to have an outdoor space for my sims to dine and enjoy the coveted green eco footprint.
    0Ednbg9.png

I really like how pretty the outdoor space turned out so I'll probably only have my sims dine inside if it's raining :lol:
    o6jLHmw.png

Inside working at the hostess station is @JordanNicoleJJ 's Haven :smiley:
    Yhfeb02.png

I sent Fawn to playtest it and she got to meet her brother from another dimensional mother lol
    8SCWuY9.png

Her other dimensional sister, Jade, from @OJenn 's game was also working there. It's a family business apparently :lol:
    b55JdRR.png

And just some shots of the main dining room.
    BAjrYyr.png
    pKwCk2d.png

There of course are bathrooms, and true to my bathroom building style they're too cramped to take pics in so this is the best I could do. The 2nd one's the same.
    tlR9Vi6.png

And of course there's a kitchen. Where I found Suri prepping food. The Greene's have taken over!
    UJAqAxb.png

Anyway, Jonas and Fawn got to be my testers, and enjoyed a date together at Anavrin on opening day.
    IJ77Ooq.png

Fawn loved it.
    5FjOOmB.png

But apparently Jonas wasn't a fan of the lemonade she ordered for him? lol
    e0yJSqE.png

Apparently Port Promise was in dire need of this new restaurant because for whatever reason, after building it the eco footprint went from neutural to green again. All is beautiful for summer time :heart:
    VXZ1Yj6.png

I'll be back with an actual update tomorrow. Fawn will become a YA and move into her new home. Spoiler. She received her rightfully owed scholarship lol!
    irXWNGE.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Heckstress17 Gorgeous restaurant. Grats on Fawn getting a scholarship. I enjoyed seeing everyone's Greene family Sims in your game. I've uploaded some too but didn't know what to # it with. Sorry.
    I like that your neighborhood went green. Mine is still neutral. :)

I have not played today. No update forthcoming yet.
  • Options
    WentcrazyWentcrazy Posts: 128 Member
    So many great updates! I's been so nice to come back and see so many stories developed further. Love it! I've read all in one go and hopefully I kept track with all that has happened while I was gone :D

Let's hope I didn't forget anyone <3

@JordanNicoleJJ That build looks amazing! I also love Suri's outfits! Her mom is really living the college life :D MCCC changed their lives for sure. Let's see what else will happen :)
    The beach wedding was really nice. The location is breathtaking for sure. Such a great ceremony! Suri is such a beautiful bride!
    Ana is super cute! I'm kinda curious how she grows up :)
    Congrats on the baby on the way! :D Suri really rocks the baby bump.

@Kiwicantdie I was looking for a bunch of moving stuff and had to improvise. I also wasn't sure about decoration in the beginning, so they barely had any^^
    Poor Iris! I hope she gets used to having twins and gets some proper rest. Aiyden is such a helpful husband. He just needs to be careful with the cowplant :D The twins seem to be a good mix of the parents! They're super cute. Their faces while playing on the playground <3
    Oh my, another pregnancy :D But Iris looks so beautiful being pregnant! A baby boy <3

@debjameswhite Yeah, my poor sims had to make a lot of calls in the beginning. I totally understand why Aiyden was super grumpy all the time :)
    OMG your cats are super cute! <3

@Heckstress17 I love Aiyden! He has always such a mood. But at least he hasn't been letting his mood affect Iris. Nearly every second his mood changes. I'm so glad Iris is relaxed and tolerates his little outbursts and handles most of the things.
    Poor Silas. Not getting any scholarship sucks :( But he can show them what kind of mistake they've made and get all the good grades! Silas and Ashlynn <3 Congrats!
    Fawn has a lot on her plate. First the rejection, then a great date with another guy. Oh my, Fawn really does need a good sleep!
    I want to give Iris a big hug :((
    Yay, Fawn got a boyfriend :D

The restaurant looks great! Anavrin :D Haha, I know exactly where this comes from :)

@Mionax Thank you! I've always been jealous of the way all of you have been building and decorating! I'm pretty sure I got inspired by all of you :)
    You should put Mariam through Uni. That would be fun to see :D
    I loved the house tour! It looks super practical but comfortable at the same time. What a strange invitation :-O
    I love their living situation. They can definitely help each other out which is nice.
    Oh, seems like there is a little romance developing :D
    A wedding is in preparation! Mariam looks stunning. I'm curious how their children will look like. Alek and Mariam have such different genetics! Loved Mariam as a bride!
    A baby bump :D

@OJenn Jade is such a cutie! OMG, she aged up into such a beauty! Atlas is also really good looking. I can't wait for their future updates <3

@IllusoryThrall l Thanks! I kept close to the original and was surprised how well everything turned out <3
    I like that Aiyden has found a mentor for the machine. Practice makes perfect and he might be able to build his skills faster. He looks so handsome and satisfied in the picture where color is all over his body!
    Iris's face before saying yes... that might've given Aiyden a small heart attack :D congrats!

@Rhythrin thanks! I got really inspired by all of the other builds and I'm super surprised how good everything looked at the end.
    Luana looks super comfortable being pregnant. It suits her a lot. Oh no :( poor Luana getting sick all the time.
    Haha, cheering Manu up is super easy! Always keep him smiling please, he is such a cutie! A little girl <3 I love the name! And another baby on the way! Yes :D A little boy with another cute name. Aylene is super cute. Can't wait to see her grow up! She adores her dad! Such a daddy's girl :)
    Kidra looks nice as well. He seems to get most of his genetics from his dad so far. Maybe I'll see more Luana in him when he grows older :)
    I love their family dynamic!
    Oh wow, both kids have nearly the same genetics! Hadn't expected that when they were toddlers.

@EMSimmer30 I love the house! I also really like the founder's makeovers!

I might have another update today. I already played a bit more :)
    Origin ID: mrskariakay
    Family Tree Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Francisca464 - Yes I've been using the createarandomsim randomizer for traits, it also gives you "hobbies" for your sims. Heirs only need to inherit a "hobby" from their parents.The randomizer uses the word hobby but we all know that it's just a skill. So you will just pick a skill to pass down for the next 9 generations. It could be any skill but you'll have to decide it based on what your founders pick up of course. (basically what Heckstress said! She explained it so much better haha)

@Mionax - Mariam is so gorgeous! I still can't get over her looks and pregnant Mariam seems pretty happy. Well except of course when the bees aren't attacking her haha.

@EMSimmer30 - Yay you made it over here! The house looks great, I especially love the change to the back roof to glass. Aiyden looks great with that hairstyle, it's almost like it was made for him ♥ Iris looks cute with long or short hair, wow!

@Rhythrin - Luana's grotto is still my favorite spot in the house, so I can't say I blame her for wanting to be there lol. D'aww Aylene looks a lot like her daddy which I guess is perfect since she is such a daddy's girl. Luana is such a good momma though and I am excited that they got the family is growing. Dancing babies always make me smile with their little wobbly moves. Kidra is a cutie. I think the kids got Luana's nose at least Kidra did but of course so much changes when they become teens.

@Heckstress17 - I love that you took on the challenge of building a community lot! You're so brave and totally making me want to tackle one. I love love love the outdoor space and that brick is probably my favorite. The family restaurant seems like it is going to be the hottest spot in town. As far as the scholarship bug I was thinking of having my twins try again after their first term.

@debjameswhite - I am going to suffer through Uni again, wish me luck! I was trying to find mods to make the terms shorter but there don't seem to be many :(
  • Options
    And as promised another update. I played so much, I'll have another update coming soon. But I didn't want to put too many pictures up (plus, I'm still working on finding a good size/lighting,..).

Chapter 3

The days flew by in the Greene household.
    Since both were working and trying to build a career, they spent most of their evenings together. Most times I caught them eating dinner together.

vOwtOrk.png
    4uibLNH.png

So right now their life is pretty hectic and stressful. They wake up, get dressed, go to work, clean stuff (at least Aiyden does), work on their skills, and go to bed.
    Sometimes they manage to squeeze in some private time but they also love to play chess against each other.

Thankfully, most of the time Iris prepared breakfast for them so Aiyden could actually spend some time on his projects. He needed his skills to level up.

DiqUHeM.png

But their typical morning looks like this:

b075ID7.png
    JZorMA3.png
    WWVCGLo.png
    HSSu21S.png

Most times Aiyden was responsible for dinner while Iris looked after her plants. Her greatest achievement so far is her cow plant and she loves playing with it.

NrW4Q71.png

While Iris looked after the plants, Aiyden did a lot of repairs on the lot. And by a lot, I mean a lot. Half of my pictures are Aiyden repairing stuff.

97Zm8db.png

Especially the wind turbines as they broke every second day. His face tells me he is not sure what he is doing but it seems he is doing fine overall.

K1CfAds.png

Have I mentioned that Iris loves her cow plant? :D

sD8kKJg.png

On a Friday night, Iris got invited by her co-worker Dennis Kim who is her only friend so far.
    She was impressed by his huge house but didn't like that it was lacking actual plants. He on the other hand wasn't impressed with her words and Iris realized she might have hurt his feelings.

46mP0UU.png

Although Dennis didn't like talking about the missing plants, Iris tried a different tactic. She managed to talk to his wife and talked about her plans to change the world - or at least Evergreen Harbor.

A2Q0Kl5.png

Somehow it must have worked because when the voting results came in a day later, the majority of Evergreen Harbor had voted for green initiatives. It's not perfect yet but a step in the right direction.

mZvXt9S.jpg

When Iris told Aiyden about the result and her influence on the Kim-Lewis family, he was as excited as she was.
    However, her mood changed when she saw the cleaning plan Aiyden had set up for their own house. That was definitely something she wasn't passionate about.

SOtHRHm.png

Of course she sat down with her husband and talked about it.
    In her opinion, she had great arguments about why they didn't need a cleaning schedule.

fPD0XEs.png
    rAttEZY.png

Aiyden listened (because he is such a nice person if he isn't in a bad mood) to everything his wife had to say.
    I guess this picture tells all about the end of their little talk.

hUsd1Dj.png

Later, I sent Aiyden off to jog around town as he had put on a bit of weight. Look at that sneaky...

Tvn0EVk.png

Look! He totally knows what he's doing!

sMQXSZK.png

oh and apparently Aiyden has met the cow plant in another way. He had been feeding and playing with her before but well...

P3QkbtF.jpg

He even told Iris about the incident but she was too focused on playing with her cow plant. Instead of sharing his concerns, she told him that she is thinking of naming it.

WayKIFA.png

Since we haven't had enough of the cow plant this chapter, I'll leave you with Iris and her "baby"

wBSt6yh.png

• Options
    @wentcrazy - Omgosh their bedroom looks much the same in my game, all the clothing piles everywhere! And its amusing to see Aiyden stomping around in the background, that hot-headed trait is really strong in him. Hooray for getting green initiatives, it has to be my favorite NAP so far as I love how the town totally transforms. Aiyden jogging with a bowl of potatoes chips is me, haha! He is so smug.
  • Options
    @Wentcrazy I love how your house looks. Iris looks so content with her cowplant. All that laundry makes me smile in understanding. I'm glad my heir does not have the lazy trait. Its a mess when they do. Literally. :smiley: Good update!

@OJenn You said: "So you will just pick a skill to pass down for the next 9 generations." So one hobby/skill for all generations. I get it now! Since Iris was into Knitting and gardening and Aiyden was into fabrication. I think I'll use knitting. You don't need to dumpster dive for yarn. ;) IThanks for clearing that up for me. I was going to change hobby/skill each generation. Not anymore. Liking the skill to a hobby made it more clear to me too. ty
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 - Looks like I missed and update! Sorry!

So glad to see Silas is also going to university! I like how he turned out as well. I still have a soft spot for San Myshuno's downtown area that is by the water. Looks like Ashlynn and Silas had a great time, he must have shopped at Kay for her ring ♥ I shouldn't be laughing but I am at poor Fawn after her eventful day. At least she solidified her relationship with Jonas! I'm glad iris at least got to see one her kiddos get married.

Now to answer your question about uni for Jade! I think I am going to have her live on campus for sure. Let her live the college life to it's fullest! Plus it will give me time to build her house, I'm so behind haha.

@Kiwicantdie - That first picture of Iris and Aiyden loving on their babies warms my heart. Ah the twin club lol, it's a trying one thats for sure. It seems visiting hours are all hours in your game too, I am loling pretty hard at Lia showing up. Toddler twins oh boy, poor Aiyden's face is priceless and Maddy looks just like him. I love the relationship the twins seem to have with each other, here's hoping they age up to be besties. Uh oh baby #3 is coming soon and Aiyden's face says it all. I was so nervous for a second that you would become an honorary member of the twins club.

@Mionax - Of course! Glad I could help clear things up.
  • Options
    @OJenn I love the NAP green initiatives! And the clothing piles drive me insane. Most of the time Aiyden does the cleaning up while Iris just makes the mess. So every morning Aiyden wakes up super grumpy and stomps through the house.
    Haha, I'd be the same if I had to go jogging :D But both of my sims have been eating a bit unhealthy and put on some weight^^

@Mionax Thanks :) There will be a short "tour" in a future chapter for all the rooms^^ (When they're all in use *cough*)
    All that laundry is insane! I wonder if the cleaning schedule does actually help. Guess I have to wait and see.

Oh and also thanks for asking about the skill/hobby. I wasn't certain about that either. I thought it meant that a skill/hobby could change within each generation as long as one of the parents had it. Good to know that it has to stick through all the generations. Now I simply have to find a skill/hobby I want to pass down to all the generations :)
  • Options
    @Wentcrazy - :smiley: I was hoping someone would know where I got the Anavrin name from. Thanks for the comments on my post. I love reading them :heart: I'm happy Fawn finally has a boyfriend too. Even if it literally took all of her teen years to find him lol. I was excited to log in today and see you posted an update. Iris' laundry piles all over the bedroom are definitely familiar :lol: I can't really blame Aiyden for trying to set up a schedule for cleaning. Iris' face is so me though lol I hate cleaning! Haha you know I love a good picture of Aiyden stomping around all angry and this update did not disappoint. It was good to see him fixing up the many broken things around the house. I joke a lot about his anger issues, but he's a good sim :heart: Even if he doesn't particularly look like he knows what he's doing while fixing things around the house lol. Iris sure does love her cowplant. Beware Aiyden! You don't want him to get eaten before they can make an heir :lol:

@Mionax - Thanks :heart: You and @IllusoryThrall inspired me to build a restaurant with your great builds. I love having the sims everyone's posting about on the thread wandering around my game. After I read your comment I went and downloaded Ashton. Well actually I downloaded all your Greene kids, but since they were separated I was worried MCC might marry them off to each other :grimace: So I decided on Ashton lol. I hope you have time to play soon :smile:

@OJenn - No worries, It's very easy to miss updates with how active everyone is right now :heart: lol yes Silas totally went to Kays. Every kiss begins with K :lol: I'm glad Iris got to see him get married. Even if I rush there's just no way she'll live long enough to see Fawn and Jonas tie the knot. I'm excited to see you send Jade through Uni. That's smart thinking giving yourself more time to build. One of these days I'll have a sim live in a dorm and actually get the whole college experience.
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited August 2020
    @everyone: I'll be back later with an update since I actually stole some time to play this last night when I should have been doing other things.. (LOL). But anyway, I've been keeping up on reading. I love how active this topic is, it makes me want to rush to catch up. So far, I'm being good, though, and taking my time.

@Wentcrazy Great update! I sure hope that cowplant doesn't cause problems for another Aiyden! I loved the shot of him jogging with his potato chips. That's dedication right there. (To eating, not jogging.. lol) I totally relate to the laundry issues in the Greene house. I feel like they're always doing laundry in my game!

@OJenn Good luck in Uni with Jade! I haven't sent a sim to uni and had them live on campus yet in any of my games. I will definitely be living vicariously through your pictures!

Meanwhile, I have some other sim writing to catch up on, then I can work on the update for you guys. :wink: See you soon!

Oh and an edit: @Heckstress17 I'm so glad you were inspired to build your own restaurant. It looks AMAZING!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Generation 2 House Tour!

I decided to build Floorplan A because I'm a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because I wanted more space then Floorplan B offered. But 3 stories turned out to be A LOT to build and decorate. Anyway, I'm sure you'll notice that I didn't do a very good job recreating the exterior, but I swear I tried! :grimace: This house took me 6 days to complete.
    D4Atjyf.png

Side view (the otherside is ugly and therefore not pictured lol)
    3X1bZFL.png

As you can see @JordanNicoleJJ inspired me to splurge on a hot tub :wink:
    IpjrTc7.png

The back of the house is very similar looking to the front of the house, but it's actually one of the reasons I decided on this floorplan. With this lot smack dab in the middle of town I like that there doesn't really appear to be a back or front of the house. It just works from all angles.
    zM4SC6C.png

Inside the main floor is completely open concept.
    j3QBh11.png

The living room is right off the front entrance.
    aJ7vF4T.png
    D6yHC5u.png

And there's a small bathroom just off of it.
    LZbbcMk.png

Then there's the kitchen. My first attempt at an all white kitchen in the sims. The slightly different shades kinda drives me crazy :tired_face:
    3DLRAix.png

The dining room, featuring my new fav (and slightly overused :lol: ) wall decor.
    QdKXeGp.png

The backdoor comes directly into my split stairs. They took me ages to figure out and I'm super proud of them :lol:
    FG9omVT.png

Upstairs there's a small laundry room.
    rqLMiNt.png

A sparsely decorated nursery that hopefully won't be in use for awhile lol
    Nmc3YSN.png

A small bathroom shared by the 2 bedrooms.
    dhy3W5X.png

The 2nd bedroom is currently Iris, but it'll eventually become a child's bedroom.
    eMqiNlG.png

Fawn's master bedroom
    tGOb6I7.png
    XN5lgnH.png

The master bathroom
    S6lXHRU.png

I like how this sink turned out.
    5sf1bw0.png
    kouEFJ3.png

And the final room on the 2nd floor is an office.
    axSUXYQ.png

In the floorplan it's supposed to be an open sitting area, but I just couldn't make that space work for me so I just closed it off.
    pukEJ4k.png

Then there's the basement, which is mainly just a cluttered workshop/maker space.
    fcgL7If.png

Fawn will be a Fabricator since it's the family hobby, but miraculously Jonas aged up with the maker trait so this space will get tons of use.
    Du1T0Xd.png
    JOuF8Lo.png

And the last room in the house is the personal gym.
    FlmkECa.png

There aren't enough lots for me to build a Gym in Evergreen Harbor, so I figured I'd just make use of the basement and give Fawn and Jonas their own gym.
    npWxKRc.png

Speaking of Fawn and Jonas, here's their YA outfit tours while I'm here pic spamming lol

Fawn's. She's a bit of girly tomboy. She likes makeup and looking pretty, but comfort comes first.
    HrsKYHr.jpg
    0RqIBaw.jpg

And Jonas. Who's favorite color is obvious.
    DwIkAc3.jpg
    K7zMAjq.jpg

That's it for now. I'm excited to actually play and not just build. Happy Simming!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top