The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,448 EA Community Manager
    I think Backyard Stuff is free now as well. ;)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,429 Member
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    "In the coming weeks, EA app players on both Mac and PC will receive The Sims 4™ Blooming Rooms Kit! "
    https://www.ea.com/news/the-ea-app-for-mac

As a free kit ?

Ah, so that's how they're going to entice us Mac players to switch as quickly as possible. Well played...

Double effects, it's also a gift to the one who never play to The Sims 4 before, this offer target all EA App users if I'm not wrong.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,824 Member
    edited March 28
    Mac users will be moving to EA Soon and free kit - Blooming Rooms Kit
    https://youtu.be/bvDmW71QdNM?si=7PD_VS9VzXJv7anU

https://www.ea.com/news/the-ea-app-for-mac
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,976 Member
    edited March 28
    You must be referring to the EA App. I recommend the Blooming Rooms kit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I have the Blooming Rooms kit- It's a good one! It's nice they are giving it for free to those who don't have it yet.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,139 Member
    edited March 28
    ah why is it always the one kit I'm not mega interested in :lol: oh well maybe I'll end up using it tho I had similar sentiments about desert one and I use it a lot actually

and I'm happy for those of us who were thinking of buying the kit that its free

or those of us who get builds from gallery and this is one of the trillion kits that would disappear did they not have it :lol:

I don't know why console is not included though I always find it kind of strange :/

and EA App well I have not had many major disasters with myself and I think they want to get everyone on same app but uh it has its flaws not gonna lie
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,526 Member
    I was contemplating on getting this kit a few days ago (before the cart appeared in my game) not the top of my list but looks cute.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,429 Member
  • Options
    Well, it's unusual to announce a free content but still no date one month later.

Were I a betting man, I would assume that the Blooming Rooms giveaway would start the same day EA app for Mac finishes its worldwide rollout.

This isn't confirmation, just my running theory.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Hey all!

Blooming Rooms is available now for free on EA app and Origin.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,373 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all!

Blooming Rooms is available now for free on EA app and Origin.

That's awesome @EA_Cade... :)
  • Options
    edited May 15
    totally pushed on to EA app. I was trying to log into Origins and this window showed up and it blocked all other functions but to continue on. Even my browser in the back would not let me escape. I tried to find every other escape but it just continued to install ea. Did this happen to any other Mac user?
    ZTTmD6d.png
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,340 Member
    edited May 14
    It was announced in March that the EA App was starting to roll out for Mac users.

We are thrilled to share that over the next few weeks, the EA app will officially replace Origin as our primary Mac platform

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18363432#Comment_18363432
  • Options
    I know @simgirl1010 I just didn't think the day would actually come. Hoping everything is there and ok. Wish me luck🍀🤞🏼
  • Options
    Good luck! 🙂

• Options
    N4XQBw4.png
    I got his message which makes me believe it's missing purchased packs
  • Options
    Could it be CC?
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 I tried to build that lot cc free but I can't be 100% sure. Sometimes something slips in under the radar. I don't usually get they replaced it with something else for cc though. I will double check again, but it looks like all the packs I purchased are there. Hoping it's just that bug that has been plaguing us but this message was slightly different. Maybe just ea's way of putting it.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,185 Member
    So far the switch has been smooth for me.

@LeucosiaX I had those messages all the time with Origin. I would put my money on missing or bad CC.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    I've got that message and nothing has been missing and I don't use any CC.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,526 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I've got that message and nothing has been missing and I don't use any CC.

Same here. I have gotten that message a few times on builds without CC. I never figured out what went missing.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 573 Member
    I had to make the switch to the EA app a few weeks ago and despite all my apprehension it’s been absolutely fine and very smooth. None of my packs or content for TS3 or TS4 has gone missing.

I’ve had similar messages to that one on and off in the past but I’ve never discovered anything actually missing.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    Yeah, ever since I switched to the EA app, I've noticed that my cc-free builds are flagged as modded when I save them to my library. In order to save a build as unmodded, I have to disable mods, log out, log in, save the build (when I go into the lot, it says items have been removed, even though there's nothing missing), then enable mods, log out, and log back in again.

This issue has been reported many times on AHQ, but nothing's been done about it.
  • Options
    Yeah, ever since I switched to the EA app, I've noticed that my cc-free builds are flagged as modded when I save them to my library. In order to save a build as unmodded, I have to disable mods, log out, log in, save the build (when I go into the lot, it says items have been removed, even though there's nothing missing), then enable mods, log out, and log back in again.

This issue has been reported many times on AHQ, but nothing's been done about it.

I have been having this problem on Origin. Few months back. Haven't tried to upload because if it since. I will check it again in EA app. Do you have the AHQ link so I can me too @PandoraTO ?
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

I have been having this problem on Origin. Few months back. Haven't tried to upload because if it since. I will check it again in EA app. Do you have the AHQ link so I can me too @PandoraTO ?

There are a few threads on this issue that are similar, but I think this is the most relevant one for us: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mods-CC-Issues/my-builds-are-being-flagged-as-modded-despite-no-mods-or-CC/m-p/11536137/highlight/true. I've just added a comment about my own issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top