Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Horse ranch negative discussion.

Comments

• Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    chacce wrote: »
    The fact that the production director said one of the main gameplay features of this expansion pack is that... you can invite your sims over to see the small sheep 💀 that is very embarrassing.

https://youtu.be/kE3n9MQp0UU?t=371

LMAO This.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,323 Member
    I'm fairly sure Sims 3 allowed 8 people and 2 pets, and other combinations that allowed up to 10 household members if at least 2 of them were pets. Unless that was Sims 2, but I haven#t played either game for a long time. It's such a shame that Sims 4 hasn't expanded the household size.

I wonder if they could've decided to make this a base game feature instead of having it in a pack.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure Sims 3 allowed 8 people and 2 pets, and other combinations that allowed up to 10 household members if at least 2 of them were pets. Unless that was Sims 2, but I haven#t played either game for a long time. It's such a shame that Sims 4 hasn't expanded the household size.

I wonder if they could've decided to make this a base game feature instead of having it in a pack.

I have been opening for this, they typically do a big update before launch and I keep hoping that maybe they will be like SURPRISE new expanded household size. lol
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I am in awe of y'all being able to play with 8+ members in one family. I am currently playing the Martinez scenario in the 40X30 lot in Strangerville. I decided to get two hens, do some gardening and have a bug and bee box and I am at capacity. No one has even left the lot to go to a community lot for any reason.

On topic: I guess I agree with most that the assets in this pack look very similar to ones in other packs.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    My feeling about pets and the number of household slots has always been: I would be fine with pets being non-controllable, and I would be fine with pets taking up a household slot. I am not fine with both at the same time.

Either you are a full member of the family, which means you are fully playable, or you are not. It should never be the worst of both worlds.

Of course, we don't know for certain yet whether horses will be controllable or not.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,243 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    My feeling about pets and the number of household slots has always been: I would be fine with pets being non-controllable, and I would be fine with pets taking up a household slot. I am not fine with both at the same time.

Either you are a full member of the family, which means you are fully playable, or you are not. It should never be the worst of both wwithorlds.

Of course, we don't know for certain yet whether horses will be controllable or not.

I agree with this .If take up a spot they should be cotrable
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,023 Member

Either you are a full member of the family, which means you are fully playable, or you are not. It should never be the worst of both worlds.

Adding horses as a household member would make the 80 Sims limit more difficult 🙄.

Cats and dogs aren’t controllable so I would find it odd if horses were. Unless a big update is coming to allow all playable animals to be controlled? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 707 Member
    I think they will be controllable to some extent because we can ride them. And I do hope that slots will be added. They should tell us that already. Or maybe not because if they don't add slots they know it will be a reason for players not to buy the pack.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Coming in late here, but I am completely uninterested in yet another American world.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I wonder if a Sim is able to borrow another households horse?! Sims have a very negative reaction to other sims using their stoves, beds and showers would this also include their horse. Take the Sims who live in an appartment in the big city, it hard enough to have a dog in San Myshino a horse I imagen would be near impossible, so I wonder if my horseloving city dweller could visit her mate for a horse ride.
  • Options
    Peral wrote: »
    I wonder if a Sim is able to borrow another households horse?! Sims have a very negative reaction to other sims using their stoves, beds and showers would this also include their horse. Take the Sims who live in an appartment in the big city, it hard enough to have a dog in San Myshino a horse I imagen would be near impossible, so I wonder if my horseloving city dweller could visit her mate for a horse ride.

Maybe if you befriend the horse first?

Does anyone know whether you can take a friend's dog for a walk if you've befriended the dog? I've never tried that. But If so, I would think that would work pretty similarly.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Amapola76 I vaguely remembered to have done that and found this blog entry from 2020: https://enkisstories.tumblr.com/post/636320633324732416/helping-families-with-children-and-elders-part

From the way I phrased this, Markus wasn't even friends with Daisy when he took her for a walk, just with her owners.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    This is def feeling like a game pack though, isnt it? Sounds like they should of followed previous Sims games as well regarding how many sims/pets could be in a household. It will suck to lose family places if you want to have a pet or 2.

I will def be buying it though as Im lucky enough to be able to afford it but it does sound like one that isnt going to be worth it if you are watching the pennies!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited July 2023
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    This one is easy. Why the world is so empty and has only few lots.

Anyway. I afraid that there will be impossible to turn off horses in San Myshuno for example.

You can turn off werewolves from entering any other worlds, unless you let them in yourself, so horses could possibly be turned off in Options if you want them, in the same way. I hope!
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,378 Member
    It's definitely possible to have controls like the werewolf ones put on horses, so that they aren't wandering around in every single world. But whether or not there actually will be is a different matter. The developers seem very inconsistent about whether or not they give us opt-in/opt-out toggles for features. Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't. The issue of riderless horses randomly wandering around everywhere (like they did in sims 3), is my main hesitation about this pack. There are places like San Myshuno and the ski slopes of Mount Komorebi for example that I just really don't want to be seeing them.

So I'm waiting on that info before I commit, for sure.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,475 Member
    I would imagine that Wild horses will probably be programmed the same way stray Cats and Dogs are, and will only show up in their world, but you can still own tamed horses and ranches in other worlds. Then whenever you want to catch/tame a wild horse, you go to that world to do it, "befriend" it, add it to your household, and take it back to your ranch. Just speculation, but it seems logical to work that way.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Didn't see a saloon door in the bb items. Missed opportunity.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited July 2023
    I still haven't played Werewolves, High School Years, or Growing Together, other than the initial experimentation with the packs.
    I guess Cottage Living too. I can combine horse content with cottage living, but I lost interest in playing once I decided I was going to scrap my custom content and rebuild my mods folder.

Horses coming now just doesn't interest me enough to play at this time.
    I am too busy playing other games one more time, so I can removed them from my SSD and make room for Starfield, Life By You, Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, and Cities Skylines 2. Three of these are coming in September and Cities Skylines 2 is coming in October.

So I am currently playing through the whole Mass Effect trilogy and Andromeda. I've barely started Hogwarts: Legacy and I would also like to finish my final play-through of Skyrim. I am on a huge TS4 break right now. I might not get back to it until next year. :p
    I should just leave TS4 alone until EA is done milking it, but I have no idea how long that will be.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    I wish they would have added more household slots, or at least 6 separate pet slots. I would have also liked to see some Native American skills such as basket weaving or making jewelry. I would have also loved a sewing machine with patterns and using the color wheel.

I like the world, and I’m glad they made it an expansion pack rather than game pack. It will give us more places for sims to ride horses. The mini sheep and cows are cute and useful. The nectar making is something many people have been asking for. I’m glad horses and sims get skills for riding, and various activities, the CAS so far looks great and the BB is ok. Overall, I’m pretty satisfied.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 707 Member
    But perhaps we will get more household slots because really it seems impossible to have a ranch with just ONE horse? I agree with you for the native american skills. I would have liked also more native american hairstyles
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited July 2023
    Yeah that gameplay trailer did absolutely nothing for me aside from confirming that if I do get this pack, it would only be for the nectar. Like....is it just me or did it make this pack feel...kinda empty for an expansion?
  • Options
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Yeah that gameplay trailer did absolutely nothing for me aside from confirming that if I do get this pack, it would only be for the nectar. Like....is it just me or did it make this pack feel...kinda empty for an expansion?

It wasn't the best gameplay trailer they've ever done. But it didn't make me feel like the pack was lacking, it made me feel like the trailer was lacking.

I do suspect now that we are not getting any new grape types. I would have liked to see a middle-ground between just plain grapes, and the five million varieties that TS3 had (which was overkill). Like, two new grape types would have been a happy medium. It's not a dealbreaker or anything, just a minor quibble. And I can definitely live with it if we get other new harvestables instead. But if we don't get any new harvestables, other than prairie grass, I will be a little unhappy.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,438 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

It wasn't the best gameplay trailer they've ever done. But it didn't make me feel like the pack was lacking, it made me feel like the trailer was lacking.

I do suspect now that we are not getting any new grape types. I would have liked to see a middle-ground between just plain grapes, and the five million varieties that TS3 had (which was overkill). Like, two new grape types would have been a happy medium. It's not a dealbreaker or anything, just a minor quibble. And I can definitely live with it if we get other new harvestables instead. But if we don't get any new harvestables, other than prairie grass, I will be a little unhappy.

I think the restaurant menu has only couple varieties of nectar, red and white. Would be nice indeed to have a couple or so more varieties of grapes, after all we have so many mushroom varieties.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,415 Member
    The nectar icons look like if we can't even mix multiple ingredients. I guess it's Eco juice making with a new machine. At least there seems to be a unicorn recipe.