Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    I think it would be nice if you had a sim with the food traits and the options would be a different color.
    So like if you had a vegetarian sim the dishes that arent vegetarian would be like red instead to show that you sim doesnt like it
  • Options
    CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    anybody know where the encourage sim to pursue their dream career (I think that's what its called?) dialogue option is with the new social menu update?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    "Create a new household." I bet that's a CAS option when creating a new sim and I've just never noticed it. Thank you very much!

Actually it will be a pop-up on the Gallery/Library household it will ask if you want to Replace or Merge, and I think also Cancel.

You go to your Library, find the household you want to bring into CAS, and click on the bottom right button. Then the pop-up mentioned above should pop up.
    @Carmine wrote: »
    anybody know where the encourage sim to pursue their dream career (I think that's what its called?) dialogue option is with the new social menu update?

I think it's in the Deep Thoughts section. You can find most of the social interactions in the thread linked below.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1007134/what-interaction-is-in-which-category/p1
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,581 Member
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    I think it would be nice if you had a sim with the food traits and the options would be a different color.
    So like if you had a vegetarian sim the dishes that arent vegetarian would be like red instead to show that you sim doesnt like it

So far, in the food menu, most dishes are at least lactose-free. Some are already marked as vegan-friendly, or however it is worded. I have to click and keep clicking to find the non-vegan food types. I have only one Sim who is vegetarian. He tried what was served and the poor fella was in a bad way. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

So far, in the food menu, most dishes are at least lactose-free. Some are already marked as vegan-friendly, or however it is worded. I have to click and keep clicking to find the non-vegan food types. I have only one Sim who is vegetarian. He tried what was served and the poor fella was in a bad way. :open_mouth:

I need a more obvious way of letting me know per sim lol. I keep forgetting when I have those traits and right now I have a 10 sim household with one sim being vegetarian.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2023
    Is anyone else having trouble connecting to gallery now? I can't seem to get in :( whole thing keeps freezing it was fine couple hours ago
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    @Simmingal wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble connecting to gallery now? I can't seem to get in :( whole thing keeps freezing it was fine couple hours ago

By freezing, do you mean it just gets stuck loading while connecting? I had that issue over the weekend. I closed the game, cleared the cache and onlinethumbnailcache, and restarted, that worked for me.

Edit: I saw you're thread and EA_Cade's response. So my solution may not work afterall.
  • Options

I need a more obvious way of letting me know per sim lol. I keep forgetting when I have those traits and right now I have a 10 sim household with one sim being vegetarian.

You could make yourself a roster listing which one of your Sims has food sensitivities. I keep a list of the Infant Milestones and use a highlighter any time one of my Infants achieves something. I'm working on a list for the Toddlers, too. Lists and highlighters are how I keep my Sims straight. I have a set of identical twin girls. I have to keep them color-coded to tell them apart. :open_mouth: Too bad all outfits don't come in pink and purple.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options

You could make yourself a roster listing which one of your Sims has food sensitivities. I keep a list of the Infant Milestones and use a highlighter any time one of my Infants achieves something. I'm working on a list for the Toddlers, too. Lists and highlighters are how I keep my Sims straight. I have a set of identical twin girls. I have to keep them color-coded to tell them apart. :open_mouth: Too bad all outfits don't come in pink and purple.

Lol I could but I have soooo many lists around that itd probably get lost anyway. Plus I could be playing with only 1 sim household and forget my sim is vegetarian or lactose intolerant, I literally always forget
  • Options

Lol I could but I have soooo many lists around that itd probably get lost anyway. Plus I could be playing with only 1 sim household and forget my sim is vegetarian or lactose intolerant, I literally always forget

Okay, I'm afraid I'm all out of tips. Happy Simming! LOL
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    Does anyone know what sitcom this show on Sitcom Central is based on?
    BCAGvta.png
    QYYLYLp.png

The set of this show in the second picture is giving me Full House vibes.
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    IDK if the shows in the game are necessarily all based on specific things. Some may be just based on certain genres as a whole and their tropes. Some are definitely based on specific things, though, so hard to say.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    I decided I wanted to play the premade single sims (Don Lothario, BFF, Caliente sisters, etc) plus a few Maxis gallery sims. I started something similar to this a few years ago but the set-up was too tedious. So, I'm trying it again. There are 10 households (4 sims per household), and they're all starting out in Willow Creek. It's going to be sort of like the Build-a-City challenge but without so many rules. I'm calling it my megacy (mega legacy) and the goal is to populate all worlds over time with decendants from the original 40 sims.

I started last week just rotating through the premades (plus a few Sims 2 sims) but then this idea struck so I've put that on the back burner for now. Taking bets now at how long this will last before another idea strikes and I abandon this save. :D

Anyway, I don't have a question, just wanted to share.

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

So, I ended up abandoning that save once again. I tried to save it by lowering the number of sims down to 20 (then 16). I played about 2 households and realized I don't want to play it like that. I'd rather rotate between all premades instead of just the single sims.

Anyone who had a week you win. Take this cookie emoji as your prize 🍪. 😆
  • Options
    A spellcaster Sim of mine went to the Magic Realm to learn spells from the Sages and get some stuff, which of course entails befriending them before they'll teach you anything. Then he went home, went to work, then got back home and started taking care of his needs and now one of the Sages has just showed up at his house, walked in, gone upstairs where he is, gone into the bathroom where he is, all just to ask to be best friends. Like..... dang, she wanted to be BFFs so bad she somehow found his address and just barged in.....
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    Like..... dang, she wanted to be BFFs so bad she somehow found his address

With.... magic?

That's kind of a cool spell, although perhaps a little bit stalker-y :|

• Options
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    Like..... dang, she wanted to be BFFs so bad she somehow found his address

With.... magic?

That's kind of a cool spell, although perhaps a little bit stalker-y :|

She sees you when you're sleeping
    She knows when you're awake
    And she knows if you're her BFF
    So be friends for friendship sake
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    I did not have the time to try to make a wedding today but this question is related to the topic. (I'm sure it's something simple that I simply do not understand but I ask anyway...).

I did see a Y-tube video where the garden at the Municipal Muses museum in Willow Creek was turned into a simple wedding venue using Base game objects. So I did the same thing and did place the arch. I did not know what was needed for a wedding (staff members) so I let the bride to be plan a wedding using her phone (without fulfilling it). I also let her check the wedding venue and she could fantasize about a wedding using the arch. But the options "Plan a wedding" and Get married to..." was greyed out and the game meant that it should be inappropriate to get married to someone she hired and I must first fire that person before getting married. Um...what? My sim did not hire anyone for anything (yet). I did not fulfill the planing of the wedding... How does this work? :o

52929638432_bde70b6d16.jpg
  • Options
    I wish aliens had the "link ___" thing for their forms like vampires, werewolves, and mermaids do and that it functioned the same. IDK if that can be implemented now, though, or if it has to be done when the life state is made and introduced.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    My sim self's teen sim Harry is still getting a party withdrawal trait even though i replaced the party animal trait with another one:
    ujOjyC7.png
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    My sim self's teen sim Harry is still getting a party withdrawal trait even though i replaced the party animal trait with another one:
    ujOjyC7.png

I had the same with the klepto trait recently
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    I also fixed my curtains not appearing issue. It was simple, just delete the windows and place them back again. I tested this on a house and curtains now appear as they should when that household is not active.
  • Options
    ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    Hey guys, I know I've asked about this before, but I just don't have the option to "replace household" in my game. I know it exist for you, in your games, because I've watched youtube videos and have seen the option with my own eyes.

If I already have 8 people on a save file in my library, and I hit "place household", it refuses and says merging would exceed the household limit. There's no other option available to me such as "replace" household.

Even if I merge less than the limit of sims, I only have the option to merge household. I never have an option to "replace" household.

Where has my "replace" option gone? Could it be a side-effect from a mod, maybe? Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited May 2023
    But the options "Plan a wedding" and Get married to..." was greyed out and the game meant that it should be inappropriate to get married to someone she hired and I must first fire that person before getting married. Um...what? My sim did not hire anyone for anything (yet). I did not fulfill the planing of the wedding... How does this work? :o
    @MrManyIdeas I don't know why the message for this error talks about employing people, but that's not what it is. You're not allowed to marry someone if at least one of you are still officially dating someone else. Check your sim's romantic relationship tab to see if she still has any boyfriends or girlfriends other than the fiance. If she does, invite the other people over and end the relationship(s). If your sim doesn't have anyone else with boyfriend/girlfriend status, then the fiance is probably seeing someone and you have to play them to see who else they're dating and break up.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @ElleLaAmour Have you tried on a vanilla game?
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    But the options "Plan a wedding" and Get married to..." was greyed out and the game meant that it should be inappropriate to get married to someone she hired and I must first fire that person before getting married. Um...what? My sim did not hire anyone for anything (yet). I did not fulfill the planing of the wedding... How does this work? :o
    @MrManyIdeas I don't know why the message for this error talks about employing people, but that's not what it is. You're not allowed to marry someone if at least one of you are still officially dating someone else. Check your sim's romantic relationship tab to see if she still has any boyfriends or girlfriends other than the fiance. If she does, invite the other people over and end the relationship(s). If your sim doesn't have anyone else with boyfriend/girlfriend status, then the fiance is probably seeing someone and you have to play them to see who else they're dating and break up.

What I did forget to add was that I translated the message as well as I could into English. My game is in Swedish.

OK, thank you. I will check the relations. I do not think my sims are dating someone else and their relationship bars are both full. If I do not find anything in the relations I will try to get my sims to marry.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top