Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    This might be random...
    I saw a pile of 3 pillows as one object placed on the floor in several videos of base game builds, no cc. What pack is that in? I can't find it.

Thx.

Toddler Stuff Pack
    tK8Czkt.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited May 2023
    Haha @Ellupelluellu you beat me to it. 😄
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 , Woops :D Doesn't happen often :smiley:

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Haha Ellupelluellu you beat me to it. 😄

I can almost hear EA_Cade laughing maniacally 😄.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I realized libraries don't include skill books by default besides the default Willow Creek library. Saving one of the original WC bookcases to a room adds a small collection of level 1 base game skill books when placed on another lot. I tested this with the Moonwood Mill library and it works the same way for the werewolf books. Great!

But I want all of the skill books and all of the occult books. So I bought the complete collection of skill books first and sent that sim to dump them off at the library I built. Placing them on the ground one by one. Then put them away one by one using the 'Clean Up Books' interaction. Now I can see all of these books are added to the library and townies are reading them too. Great!

So in theory I should be able to save the lot and/or a bookcase from this lot using the the original method from the beginning, right? For some reason this is not working. I placed this library lot I just worked on and saved using a new test save. Back to ground 0 with none of these books added. Very frustrated :/ Any tips from someone who knows what I'm talking about would be helpful and greatly appreciated. I really want a bookcase with all the skill books level 1-3 and a separate one for occult books that I can easily add to my future libraries.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @SimplyJen , no idea if it works, but came to my mind.. if you use MOO and place all those books on top of eachother (saving space) , save that as one tile room? It's not the same, but at least should be easier to place at any library in future, instead doing it the long way?
    Just a silly idea.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    @SimplyJen , no idea if it works, but came to my mind.. if you use MOO and place all those books on top of eachother (saving space) , save that as one tile room? It's not the same, but at least should be easier to place at any library in future, instead doing it the long way?
    Just a silly idea.

This may work. I haven't thought of anything better. Admittedly, I hadn't given it much thought. I usually just have my sims buy the books and read them at home. I just send my sims to the library for chess. Libraries are vastly under utilized in my game, along with museums.

I know placing the books found in debug work for a bookstore.

Another thing you could maybe try is turning the library to a residential lot, moving a sim in, and buying the books. Then evict the sim and change the lot type back to Library. That is if Ellupelluellu's suggestion doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    @Ellupelluellu Unfortunately adding the individual books doesn't work exactly the way I want. That's why a sim needs to put them away so it can be added to the list of library books. My sim was able to pick up a book I put down to read which I guess could be a way around this problem but not what I'm trying to achieve. I want a normal layout for a library instead of a room or table loaded with books. Thank you for the help :):heart:

I'd like for this lot type to be more useful in my own game and this way sims who are low on funds won't have to order them. I did read one forum suggesting the exact way you mentioned @SweetieWright_84 about trying this with a residential lot and then changing the lot type once books are added. I'm all out of free time today for Sims so I'll have to give this a shot later. I won't give up just yet and if I can get it to work then I will totally be sharing this preloaded bookcase w/ skill + occults books room for others.
  • Options
    @SimplyJen wrote: »
    Ellupelluellu Unfortunately adding the individual books doesn't work exactly the way I want. That's why a sim needs to put them away so it can be added to the list of library books. My sim was able to pick up a book I put down to read which I guess could be a way around this problem but not what I'm trying to achieve. I want a normal layout for a library instead of a room or table loaded with books. Thank you for the help :):heart:

I'd like for this lot type to be more useful in my own game and this way sims who are low on funds won't have to order them. I did read one forum suggesting the exact way you mentioned SweetieWright_84 about trying this with a residential lot and then changing the lot type once books are added. I'm all out of free time today for Sims so I'll have to give this a shot later. I won't give up just yet and if I can get it to work then I will totally be sharing this preloaded bookcase w/ skill + occults books room for others.

I think what @Ellupelluellu was suggesting was use the room to transfer the books to the library, not keep the books in the small room. Doing it that way may be easier than buying all of the books every time you want to play a new save. I'm not sure but can you open a bookshelf on a Library lot?
  • Options
    @SweetieWright_84 ,thanks, yes, that was my suggestion :) Easier way to transfer the books to new library. After placing the room, deleting walls and let sims put those books to shelves.
    Im not native English speaker, so sometimes I might not find correct words :)
    I explained it poorly, sorry @SimplyJen :)

• Options
    edited May 2023
    @SimplyJen wrote: »
    Ellupelluellu Unfortunately adding the individual books doesn't work exactly the way I want. That's why a sim needs to put them away so it can be added to the list of library books. My sim was able to pick up a book I put down to read which I guess could be a way around this problem but not what I'm trying to achieve. I want a normal layout for a library instead of a room or table loaded with books. Thank you for the help :):heart:

I'd like for this lot type to be more useful in my own game and this way sims who are low on funds won't have to order them. I did read one forum suggesting the exact way you mentioned SweetieWright_84 about trying this with a residential lot and then changing the lot type once books are added. I'm all out of free time today for Sims so I'll have to give this a shot later. I won't give up just yet and if I can get it to work then I will totally be sharing this preloaded bookcase w/ skill + occults books room for others.

I think what @Ellupelluellu was suggesting was use the room to transfer the books to the library, not keep the books in the small room. Doing it that way may be easier than buying all of the books every time you want to play a new save. I'm not sure but can you open a bookshelf on a Library lot?

I do have a room with the individual books. I'm hoping to avoid putting them away for every single library. Placing one preloaded bookcase is a lot easier just like the saved Willow Creek & Moonwood Mill bookcase work. I did try dragging the books to the library bookcase and opening bookcase plus a storage chest but it wouldn't let me. Only when I had my sim and the librarian clean up books did it work.

@Ellupelluellu no worries I'm not very good at explaining things or understanding others so it's not your fault :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    @SimplyJen, I found a really old thread that mentions a bookshelf called the Book Corral. The thread is from 2014 and I'm not sure if it's still possible.

Here's the thread if you're interested:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/797586/help-no-skill-books-in-library

Edit: I tested it and I couldn't get it to work. Sorry to get your hopes up. :)

Edit 2: I found a mod (if you're not on console and not opposed to mods). It's from 2022 so I don't know if it's up-to-date.
    https://simplifiedmodding.tumblr.com/post/677620672643694592/mod-library-improvements#:~:text=You'll have to open,of the books are loaded.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Looks like I had some extra free time tonight after all.

Well no luck with the residential lot trick. It's possible I'm doing something wrong. I found that mod when I briefly looked into this issue and stayed away at first because it's up to date status is unknown... but I caved anyways. It works! :smile: I tried to cheat the system by using it on a bookcase, saving the room, removing the mod/clearing cache, then using the bookcase on a library lot. No luck... looks like you need the mod. Hopefully I can figure this out mod free but for now, this will have to do. Thank you both so much for helping o:)

edit: I'm surprised LittleMsSam or Bienchen hasn't made a mod that adds all books to library lots yet.
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Looks like I had some extra free time tonight after all.

Well no luck with the residential lot trick. It's possible I'm doing something wrong. I found that mod when I briefly looked into this issue and stayed away at first because it's up to date status is unknown... but I caved anyways. It works! :smile: I tried to cheat the system by using it on a bookcase, saving the room, removing the mod/clearing cache, then using the bookcase on a library lot. No luck... looks like you need the mod. Hopefully I can figure this out mod free but for now, this will have to do. Thank you both so much for helping o:)

Maybe it didn't work because they owned the books. Similar to the way non-played sims leave their homework on community lots. Your sims can't interact with them because they don't own the item. That's all I can think of why it wouldn't work.

I'm glad the mod works. It may not have been updated because there hasn't been any codes changed?

Good luck! Let us know what you discover. I'm invested in making it work now. 😆
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    How do i return this guitar to it's rightful owner? No one else in this household owns it and i cannot recall which visitor left it there:
    wTgGgej.png

I'd love it if this message included "belongs to insert sim name here"
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    You'll probably have to end up just selling it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    How do i return this guitar to it's rightful owner? No one else in this household owns it and i cannot recall which visitor left it there:
    wTgGgej.png

I'd love it if this message included "belongs to insert sim name here"

For some odd reason, my Rock Star who is not a thief (nor a Kleptomaniac) ends up with lots of guitars in his inventory!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 159 Member
    This might be random...
    I saw a pile of 3 pillows as one object placed on the floor in several videos of base game builds, no cc. What pack is that in? I can't find it.

Thx.

Toddler Stuff Pack
    tK8Czkt.png

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    Hi. I linked my EA account with my epic account last night, and now the Sims opens on epic.

How can I switch back to playing on EA? I can't find an option for that on either site.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi. I linked my EA account with my epic account last night, and now the Sims opens on epic.

How can I switch back to playing on EA? I can't find an option for that on either site.

Thank you.

I googled to see if I could find any help for you. I was happy to see someone posted on AHQ this exact question. Hoping to find some answer, I clicked on it only to realize it was your thread.

I don't know anything about Epic Games. Hopefully someone will be able to help you here or on AHQ.
  • Options

Thank you.

I googled to see if I could find any help for you. I was happy to see someone posted on AHQ this exact question. Hoping to find some answer, I clicked on it only to realize it was your thread.

I don't know anything about Epic Games. Hopefully someone will be able to help you here or on AHQ.

Haha, well thank you for trying. :)
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    TIL that if your mom and dad call you up and say they're coming over to help with the newborn, they're not just coming by to spend a few hours. They're bringing the ENTIRE FAMILY and they're staying for daaaaaaays. Poor Cassandra now has 7 people in her one-bedroom home.
  • Options

You're welcome. 🙂
    TIL that if your mom and dad call you up and say they're coming over to help with the newborn, they're not just coming by to spend a few hours. They're bringing the ENTIRE FAMILY and they're staying for daaaaaaays. Poor Cassandra now has 7 people in her one-bedroom home.

If you want them to leave, you can cancel the stay over on the calendar. Although, chaos is always fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I can't connect to the gallery this morning. Is it offline? I haven't seen that happen before, although I'm pretty new to the game. I just hope I didn't break it. :(
    Post edited by ElleLaAmour on
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member

You're welcome. 🙂

If you want them to leave, you can cancel the stay over on the calendar. Although, chaos is always fun.

Ooh! Thanks. I was nervous because of the toddler.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top