Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

help, no skill books in library

i am on my phone because i do not have internet access

i built a library but there are no skillbooks anywhere. please help
What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    You have to purchase skill books. I think they are available to purchase through the computer and bookshelves.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    the original library had skillbooks that automatically spawned
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    Someone had a thread here that I have no idea where to refer you to it.. but.. it saved me..

In your Library..

Type your testingcheats on in your cheat bar, then type in this objects.gsi_create_obj 0x0000f52e exactly as it says and it will spawn one library book shelf that will contain all the skill books.. If you want more than one then you type in objects.gsi_create_obj 0x0000f52e for each bookcase you want.. totally worked for me.. was so happy to find it.. hope it helps for you as well!
  • Options
    thank you very much it worked and now i have skillbooks in my library yippee
  • Options
    the library that comes with the game has skillbooks that automatically spawn just like it does in the sims 3. i rebuilt the library and skill books stopped spawning. you have obviously never visited your games library if you dont know that.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    You have to purchase skill books. I think they are available to purchase through the computer and bookshelves.

Wrong. You can only purchase skill books on your own home lot on your own bookshelf. You have to type in a cheat code to spawn the library bookshelf (worth 300 simoleans) that was mistakenly left out of build mode. That library bookshelf is the *only* one that contains skill books.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    KittyKat000KittyKat000 Posts: 9 New Member
    All libraries should come with a skills bookcase...but when they don't, this fixes it:
    1) Edit town
    2) choose the library and click on build/buy
    3) Add "The Book Corral" from the study tab
  • Options
    Simfreak982Simfreak982 Posts: 121 Member
    @azsimmer1 I just tried that spawner and it worked but I'm unable to move the bookshelf :( it's stuck where my sim was entering the library
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    @azsimmer1 I just tried that spawner and it worked but I'm unable to move the bookshelf :( it's stuck where my sim was entering the library

@Simfreak982 Are you able to go into the build mode with the Library? I typically spawn them and go in build mode and either replace them or put them in a basement to not take away from the current bookcases..

The great thing with Sims 4 is you can go in build mode both in live mode and when your managing your world.. but if you can't get move it entirely then maybe make sure there is room for it to drop, then move it. Mine drop in weird places cause of lack of space..
  • Options
    Simsfan9911Simsfan9911 Posts: 155 Member
    You have to buy them from the bookcase
  • Options
    Herbert_the_BooHerbert_the_Boo Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Desirai said:
    > the library that comes with the game has skillbooks that automatically spawn just like it does in the sims 3. i rebuilt the library and skill books stopped spawning. you have obviously never visited your games library if you dont know that.

It didn't for me
  • Options
    Herbert_the_BooHerbert_the_Boo Posts: 7 New Member
    The bookshelves from the cheat and on the gallery only ever have skill level 1 books. Is this what it's supposed to be?