Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    @KestrelDC Sending a save to the team is just like emailing someone a word document or something. After you send it to them, any further changes you make to the file on your own computer won't have any effect on the copy you sent to them.

They won't give you any individual feedback on your save or fix it in any way, it's just to help them with observing and testing the bug in action. They often call for saves if they're having trouble reproducing a bug.

Ah, good to know. Thanks. Though IDK if mine will necessarily be useful in this case given what I described earlier about my efforts to undo it.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    @KestrelDC Do you use mods at all? If you use MCCC, this can be fixed by deleting the relationship between them entirely, and then adding the correct family relationship from scratch. That would completely erase the romance bar.

I have before but I'm playing vanilla RN. The romance bar should fade over time and then go away eventually, though, right?

Unfortunately no, once the romance bar exists it will always be there even if it appears totally empty. When I had that issue in the past, I had to use MCCC as described above in order to completely remove the romance bar.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    @KestrelDC While I have never sent EA my save, I would imagine, they have only a copy of your current save. I doubt that playing it is going to do anything to the copy they have. I could be wrong, and perhaps someone who knows better will come along and say if I'm wrong.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,104 Member
    Something I've noticed with Dine Out recently, once my tables food has been served, my sims will get up and take a drink from another table and take it back to theirs. Has anyone else noticed this too?
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Something I've noticed with Dine Out recently, once my tables food has been served, my sims will get up and take a drink from another table and take it back to theirs. Has anyone else noticed this too?

Happily, no. I do find it annoying, though, that my Sim or Sims will stand up and eat their food that way. Spoils the entire dining out experience.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    @Brd709 wrote: »

That hasn't happened to me recently but there have been cases where other sims stole my sims' food. The last time my sims went to a restaurant, they just stood up from the table, grabbed their drink and plate, and just stood there. They didn't eat, didn't drink. When I told them to sit back down, they walked over to an empty table, put their food and drink down (which somehow was magically empty), and then sat down as directed. Dine Out is known for its weird bugs though.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    I'm wondering, did they fix GPU/CPU utilization recently or is it my imagination? I just got back after few months of not playing, and it seems that for the first time since the game launched I don't have insane FPS drops playing in 4K and my high-end PC is actually being optimized for once in this game (high GPU utilization).

To test it out more, I went to the neighbourhood section that has the most complex/crowded 5 lots and my game is actually playable there. I didn't change any settings or mods. Anyway, I'm happy it happened... 100 years later, but it happened. :cookie:
  • Options
    CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    Unfortunately no, once the romance bar exists it will always be there even if it appears totally empty. When I had that issue in the past, I had to use MCCC as described above in order to completely remove the romance bar.

You can use MCCC to just remove the romantic part of a relationship. You don't have to make them forget each other entirely
  • Options
    Carmine wrote: »

You can use MCCC to just remove the romantic part of a relationship. You don't have to make them forget each other entirely

How? I downloaded it but I'm not seeing any option for that in the edit relationships thing. Even going to "set active relationship levels" only gives me the option to set friendship level for the two of them.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options

How? I downloaded it but I'm not seeing any option for that in the edit relationships thing. Even going to "set active relationship levels" only gives me the option to set friendship level for the two of them.

The only way I know how is to delete the relationship, first, and then use the relationships menu to make them friends or higher again. It's a two-step process, unless @Carmine knows of another way.
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    So this is very odd and random...

I did play a sim who is at level 9 of the Stylist branch. But in order to work from home she must use the Style board but it's not in the family inventory and it's not available in buy mode but "it can be unlocked by entering the style influencer career". So my sims is not in that career then..? (Um... rip :| )
  • Options

I did play a sim who is at level 9 of the Stylist branch. But in order to work from home she must use the Style board but it's not in the family inventory and it's not available in buy mode but "it can be unlocked by entering the style influencer career". So my sims is not in that career then..? (Um... rip :| )

A bug or glitch, perhaps? Early on this career had some issues. I've never played it in my game to find out. But I surely thought it was fixed by now. Maybe others will come along and advise.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member

The only way I know how is to delete the relationship, first, and then use the relationships menu to make them friends or higher again. It's a two-step process, unless @Carmine knows of another way.

This is how I had to do it too. @Carmine you can set the romance relationship to zero, but it doesn't remove the bar. It just leaves an empty romance bar. If you want to completely get rid of it you have to make them "forget" each other and then add back the relationship.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options

A bug or glitch, perhaps? Early on this career had some issues. I've never played it in my game to find out. But I surely thought it was fixed by now. Maybe others will come along and advise.

Yes, it must be a bug or something. reloading the lot did not solve it. The game did not leave me a message when she did not fulfill her task within her working hours and the briefcase (that brings up the career tab) is still yellow. (But she did not get paid either). I think I can cheat to get the Style board or simply leave it and send her to work as usual but I hope the tab resets...
  • Options

Yes, it must be a bug or something. reloading the lot did not solve it. The game did not leave me a message when she did not fulfill her task within her working hours and the briefcase (that brings up the career tab) is still yellow. (But she did not get paid either). I think I can cheat to get the Style board or simply leave it and send her to work as usual but I hope the tab resets...

The cheat to unlock it is bb.ignoregameplayunlockentitlement (entitlement may have an S at the end, but I can never remember).
  • Options
    Some odd genetic stuff I've noticed in my current save:

Valerie, a brunette, married Sione, a blonde. According to the wiki, this means any child they have has a 50/50 chance of inheriting either hair color. They have six kids and.... five are blonde and only one, the youngest, is brunette (also the only one to inherit Valerie's pointy ears).

Silas, a werewolf, married and had kids with Shayla, a spellcaster, which similarly means each baby has a 50/50 chance of being either parent's occult. They have four children, of which three are spellcasters and one is a werewolf. The only werewolf also has such pitch black fur in wolf form that when you look at her head on her features just kinda melt away and her face and neck just kinda become this big dark shape:
    nCsy58w.png

Frustratingly, fantasy hair colors can't be passed down and have random genetics. Previously, I've always had it mean some variation of blonde every single time it isn't the other parent's hair color. However, now I'm experiencing it as more of a genetic wildcard. It still gives me a good amount of blondes, but one household in particular has been.... interesting. Sebastian has pink hair and Clement/Father Winter has blonde/gray hair. So far their children's hair colors have been dark red, light red, dirty blonde, platinum blonde, and black. I do intend for them to have another kid, so I'm curious what hair color that one will have.

While playing one household, my Sim from another household, Kalie, called to ask if she and her wife should have another baby. I said yes and when I eventually went to that household, Kaylie was pregnant... by her wife.... rather than a science baby. It was a bit... unexpected, NGL. :D

What? Her fur changed..... O.o

W2a44ic.jpg

I mean, she looks good with this fur, but.... wot?
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    @MrManyIdeas Did you check the personal inventory?
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    @SweetieWright_84 Yes I did try the code but did not get it to work. But I googled it and found the spelling error. Thank you anyway! :)
    orrect code: “bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement”

@mightysprite Yes, I did check her inventory (and the inventory of the other sims as well) but I did not find it. And it was not on the lot already. But I cheated so my sim could fulfill the task. (It only paid her 20§ though).

Edit: The issue is solved.

@KestrelDC I do not have the pack but I must say she looks very good!
    Post edited by MrManyIdeas on
  • Options

Have you tried a game repair? It might fix things for you. If not, do you have the ability to roll back to a previous save to when the Style board was there? I had a Uni student lose the Presentation Board, and there was no way to recover it, either. That's part of the Term grade, too. I always do a Save As with every gaming session. This problem came up, and I was able to roll back, so to speak, and replay things from there, once I made certain said board was in the student's inventory. I wish I knew how to help you out of this problem.
  • Options
    Um, no I don't have the ability to do a game repair as I'm offline. Yes, it would be possible to roll back to a earlier save but I did fix it now so it's OK. Thank you anyway. :)
  • Options
    @MrManyIdeas Sorry, I got the code wrong. I can never remember where the S goes because I use Better Build/Muy by TwistedMexi. I'm glad you got it figured out though.
  • Options
    Some odd genetic stuff I've noticed in my current save:

Valerie, a brunette, married Sione, a blonde. According to the wiki, this means any child they have has a 50/50 chance of inheriting either hair color. They have six kids and.... five are blonde and only one, the youngest, is brunette (also the only one to inherit Valerie's pointy ears).

Silas, a werewolf, married and had kids with Shayla, a spellcaster, which similarly means each baby has a 50/50 chance of being either parent's occult. They have four children, of which three are spellcasters and one is a werewolf. The only werewolf also has such pitch black fur in wolf form that when you look at her head on her features just kinda melt away and her face and neck just kinda become this big dark shape:
    nCsy58w.png

Frustratingly, fantasy hair colors can't be passed down and have random genetics. Previously, I've always had it mean some variation of blonde every single time it isn't the other parent's hair color. However, now I'm experiencing it as more of a genetic wildcard. It still gives me a good amount of blondes, but one household in particular has been.... interesting. Sebastian has pink hair and Clement/Father Winter has blonde/gray hair. So far their children's hair colors have been dark red, light red, dirty blonde, platinum blonde, and black. I do intend for them to have another kid, so I'm curious what hair color that one will have.

While playing one household, my Sim from another household, Kalie, called to ask if she and her wife should have another baby. I said yes and when I eventually went to that household, Kaylie was pregnant... by her wife.... rather than a science baby. It was a bit... unexpected, NGL. :D

What? Her fur changed..... O.o

W2a44ic.jpg

I mean, she looks good with this fur, but.... wot?

My brother thinks the black void fur was the glitch and was the texture not showing properly and this is just what she was supposed to look like, which would make sense.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    Oh, whoops :* I swear last time I used the forget romantic relationship option it got rid of the bar entirely. My bad!
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited May 2023
    Yeah my hard drive died and I had to buy a new one and now the EA App won't install. That means no more Sims 4. Oh well.

Glad I spent all that money on this game.
    Post edited by Fairy_Happy on
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 159 Member
    This might be random...
    I saw a pile of 3 pillows as one object placed on the floor in several videos of base game builds, no cc. What pack is that in? I can't find it.

Thx.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top