Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumoured SDX Sleepwear Set

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2023
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Rewarding the players with EA Play on console shouldn't be taken as a slight to you if you're on PC.

Do not forget the frustration of the players who use both and can't play with 100% of their content on PC and console.

Everybody should matter, it should not be PC players vs Console players vs PC+Console players
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    jpajari wrote: »
    I have a question for those of you that feel excluded, (punished, cheated, etc.) from not getting access to this EA Play subscription perk.

Do any of you watch simmers who stream content on Twitch, or any Twitch streamers for that matter? A lot of them have subscribers as well who pay their earned income to support them.

In many cases, I see a lot of streamers switch their Twitch chats to “subscriber only”, so it’s a perk for those who subscribe to still access and contribute to the chat. Considering how simmers are feeling excluded in this case, do y’all feel like streamers “silence” their viewers when their subscribers are the only ones that can contribute, or is that perk perceived differently?

Same deal with Twitch subscribers that get merch from streamers when other viewers have to pay for it. Better yet, maybe the merch is a “subscriber exclusive”. Again, another subscriber perk. Are they punishing everyone else, or that just a benefit of subscribing? Seems very comparable to the EA Play subscription perk… Thoughts?

Again, this is a genuine question rather than an argument.
    I watch a few, someone “EA Gamechangers” or wherever it’s called now, and I haven’t seen them change to subscriber only. I have no problem with streamers get merch, I’m not being forced to buy it. And I’m not being forced to subscribe either, I don’t see it the same as ea play subscription
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2023
    MeTime85 wrote: »
    Where is the new sleepwear set? Why is not at least showing up in the EA app?

It's an EA Play Xbox Exclusive. Simgirl1010 made a thread on it in the general section.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1006766/rumoured-sdx-sleepwear-set/p1
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    It doesn't bother me that console players get the pj's. What bothers me is the pay wall. Do all console players use ea play?
    That family portrait is a sore subject for me. I do not own a phone capable of playing games so was unable to get it. Thanks for the link to the cc version Crocobaura.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I have a question for those of you that feel excluded, (punished, cheated, etc.) from not getting access to this EA Play subscription perk.

Do any of you watch simmers who stream content on Twitch, or any Twitch streamers for that matter? A lot of them have subscribers as well who pay their earned income to support them.

In many cases, I see a lot of streamers switch their Twitch chats to “subscriber only”, so it’s a perk for those who subscribe to still access and contribute to the chat. Considering how simmers are feeling excluded in this case, do y’all feel like streamers “silence” their viewers when their subscribers are the only ones that can contribute, or is that perk perceived differently?

Same deal with Twitch subscribers that get merch from streamers when other viewers have to pay for it. Better yet, maybe the merch is a “subscriber exclusive”. Again, another subscriber perk. Are they punishing everyone else, or that just a benefit of subscribing? Seems very comparable to the EA Play subscription perk… Thoughts?

I don't think this is an adequate comparison. You are comparing streamers trying to pay bills to a multi million dollar corporation.

No I am no bothered nor do I feel excluded by streamers locking their chat behind a pay wall as there are still plenty of other streamers that do not. Also I have not invested hundreds, likely thousands at this point, of dollars into any of these streamers over decades of my life.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Since it's about a limited time offer, I will take it as a test to check how the community will react to this kind of offer.

The reaction is Negative on the forum but we don't know how the console players who never visit the forum will react.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    edited March 2023
    @EA_Cade

If Console players unlocked it, is it added to their game on PC ?

It is not, console exclusive for now.

Anyone who redeems it will also keep it once their Game Pass Ultimate membership expires as well.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    MichelleW wrote: »

I don't think this is an adequate comparison. You are comparing streamers trying to pay bills to a multi million dollar corporation.

No I am no bothered nor do I feel excluded by streamers locking their chat behind a pay wall as there are still plenty of other streamers that do not. Also I have not invested hundreds, likely thousands at this point, of dollars into any of these streamers over decades of my life.

This. And if they change to subscriber only they probably don’t want to be bothered by complaints, can’t blame them. It’s not their problem with what’s going on rn too.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member

I appreciate your feedback! I must have misunderstood the comments. It appeared to me that people were upset the content could only be accessed through a subscription, but instead they’re upset that corporations are ones with the subscription. Got it. It was a fair comparison in my opinion, and still is, but I can understand your point of view. Thank you for sharing!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I still like the mismatched socks, I hope young adult/teen sims will get some of them one day, Maxis really neglect the Childish sims :p

sleepo11.jpg
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Ah yes, the time is here. You get a subscription and you get a subscription, oh joy. Now I could cancel UberEats One and give it to EAplays no problem if I knew what to expect from these sims EAplay releases. ...I got sub money to move around but not for crumbs, not for some Pjs lol

And as a console house I doubt my household cares about new uniforms for Apex/Madden or whatever they're offering, so it would only be useful for sims content and the DLC discounts(eventhough I wait for the playstation sales already)

-If it doesn't come with monthly sims content, as an almost exclusive Sims4 player that doesn't sound worth it
    - now if some of the offerings are on par with what patreon modders are putting out...ok heck, sign me up! I needed updated high heels from this era like yesterday.
    -If I'm able to keep the assets after my subscription has expired after a year, then maybe you have me...

I don't enjoy The Sims moving towards subscriptions. I'm with everyone else and don't like this direction at all, capitalist capitalizing, it stinks.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member

I appreciate your feedback! I must have misunderstood the comments. It appeared to me that people were upset the content could only be accessed through a subscription, but instead they’re upset that corporations are ones with the subscription. Got it. It was a fair comparison in my opinion, and still is, but I can understand your point of view. Thank you for sharing!

Why do you believe you misunderstood the comments? I believe the only person who mentioned corporations was me. You asked a question and I answered it. Perhaps I misunderstood when you said you were asking a genuine question and not looking for an argument. If it is an argument you seek I'm not interested.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    It's not that its coperation.Its that is another paywall.
  • Options

Why do you believe you misunderstood the comments? I believe the only person who mentioned corporations was me. You asked a question and I answered it. Perhaps I misunderstood when you said you were asking a genuine question and not looking for an argument. If it is an argument you seek I'm not interested.

I agree, I have never engaged in arguments or negativity on this forum.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member

An individual confining their chat to subscribers only is completely understandable, especially on twitch which can be so toxic. A streamer preventing randoms from chatting in their chat is different from a company only giving out free items to players on a certain type of device, and only to those players who have bought into a subscription service. That's my two cents anyway.

I'm very against this whole thing. Saying it now, if Sims 5 is a subscription service I'm not playing. Sims 4 and Sims 3 are enough for me. Hope this isn't a recurring event.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    edited March 2023

I've subscribed to a lot of MMO's over the years so the subscription model isn't new to me at all. I had no issue with paying a subscription fee to FFXIV for example, even though you can play it for free. I like to support game companies that make games I love to play. The issue is this is a Buy to Play game and not a Subscribe to Play game. So, I expect to be able to purchase all the content I want for the game without having to pay an additional subscription fee. And believe me when I say that I have spent a small fortune on the Sims 4.

EA could have avoided this entire fiasco if they had simply begun their "leaking" (marketing) of the sleepwear set as being exclusive to console EA Play members. Then, instead of looking like money grubbing jerks trying to lure people into buying a subscription they don't want to get content they might want (locked behind a paywall), they could have looked like a company rewarding a group of console players for subscribing to EA Play (giving loyal subscribers a freebie).

Perhaps they should take that into consideration the next time they want to pull a similar marketing stunt so they don't tick off their players.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    While I think the pajamas set is cute and we desperately need new sleepwear, I'm less bothered by the fact that it's exclusive to console and more bothered by the fact that console players have to pay for a subscription to get the items. Console players don't have access to mods/CC so this is a great way for them to get something "new. However, by requiring a subscription, they have to pay for (what looks like) recolors of base game assets.

I'm a PC player, by the way.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited March 2023
    EA could have avoided this entire fiasco if they had simply begun their "leaking" (marketing) of the sleepwear set as being exclusive to console EA Play members. Then, instead of looking like money grubbing jerks trying to lure people into buying a subscription they don't want to get content they might want (locked behind a paywall), they could have looked like a company rewarding a group of console players for subscribing to EA Play (giving loyal subscribers a freebie).

Perhaps they should take that into consideration the next time they want to pull a similar marketing stunt so they don't tick off their players.

You are probably right @RPGTabbycat .

I was completely unaware of all such leaks until reading this forum thread. Which informed me that... console has a paid subscription option, and that subscription comes with random little freebies sometimes. Interesting info. Not a big deal.

(Personally, I decide on purchases based on what the thing is at the time that I purchase it. Whether I'm buying a thing outright, or buying a subscription. I don't assume that I'm going to get all kinds of freebies unless there's a reward system included in the purchase. But, if freebies/rewards seemed to be offered in the marketing, then they turned out to not exist, or they only existed if you bought this other thing over here and not the thing initially advertised, that's more of a problem.)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

I don't know, have I already paid over $1,000 to access that Twitch channel?

No? Then it's not really the same thing. At all.
  • Options

I've subscribed to a lot of MMO's over the years so the subscription model isn't new to me at all. I had no issue with paying a subscription fee to FFXIV for example, even though you can play it for free. I like to support game companies that make games I love to play. The issue is this is a Buy to Play game and not a Subscribe to Play game. So, I expect to be able to purchase all the content I want for the game without having to pay an additional subscription fee. And believe me when I say that I have spent a small fortune on the Sims 4.

Ahh, yes. This is very insightful! I agree that a heads up the leaked set was for the EA Play subscribers only would have been a better route to take. Thanks for replying!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2023
    The issue is this is a Buy to Play game and not a Subscribe to Play game. So, I expect to be able to purchase all the content I want for the game without having to pay an additional subscription fee.

^ This.
    I did not sign up for the subscription limited exclusive mess and it has already destroyed many games for me

if they must destroy The Sims with it at least don't freaking ruin TS4 wait until TS5 so people can actually choose if they want to be stuck in your mess of fomo and broken dreams

I didn't pay 1000+ just to end up realizing I actually cannot play the whole game cause I cannot buy the exclusive whatever
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I really don't think EA expects anyone to subscribe for a pajama set. The way I see it they are gifting a little something as a thank you to their current subscribers which is nice actually. Plus some patreon creators are making tons of money from subscribers.
    I can understand not wanting this to become the norm though because I share the dislike for subscription services overall as I don't like them myself. And I would definitely never subscribe for a game of any kind. However, EA has the right to paywall content. It's not the same to compare it to cc creators because EA owns the game and reserve that right to set the rules for players that may not apply to themselves. It's what was agreed to upon purchasing.
    Why they made it console only I don't know but it may or may not come to PC later on.
    I

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2023
    Lot of fuss for some pajamas that look like it's just a recolor of some sweatshirt and sweatpants already in game. 👀
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Lot of fuss for some pajamas that look like it's just a recolor of some sweatshirt and sweatpants already in game. 👀
    It’s not over the items, it’s about locking items behind a subscription
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2023
    It’s not over the items, it’s about locking items behind a subscription

Looks more like a perk for those that have that subscription. PC players have a LOT more choices compared to console players. Can't even cap about it. No different than the incentive to pre-order for the perk for some extra items, but it's somehow privilege to some for some odd reason. That's just my opinion.

Have a mess of things to complain about with S4 and needs to be addressed, but it's always the smallest thing with the community that make them lose their grip.

Not to mention, someone correct me if I'm wrong since I down have it, don't the people who have EA play subscription don't really own the games especially when you unsubscribe?

Only thing I would say is that I think all console players should at least get the freebie without the EA sub, but people would complain regardless even if it wasn't concerning EA play.
    5vJrxmT.png