Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Thanks! Those look really cool. I can't wait to see what the other powers/abilities are.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I personally don't mind that we cannot create packs, and using the clubs seems like a good enough alternative, even though i have issues with that system working in my game. I have mentioned this tons of times in the past, but the clubs do not work properly for me most of the time. I hope i have better luck making a werewolves club because i want to give it a try.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I can see having a secret werewolf club that you don't want your pack leader to know about. Perhaps there might be a secret agenda that only you and a few chosen wolves carry out. Or as a pack leader, you might use the club for special ops that are secret from most of the pack. It could be subversive activities like turning Sims or defeating Vlad. Or it could be an offer of friendship to a vampire family or a coven of spellcasters.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,577 Member
    I super appreciate them putting a lot of work into creating Lore for the Werewolves, so the pack system is fine as is. If you're dead set on having pack interactions, then become alpha of one or both, then create a Club and invite pack members to join for specific activities. I don't know what everyone thinks Packs are going to do that you can't do in a club but I guarantee an Alpha who is also a club leader is going to be plenty busy.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    I suspect that this pack mechanic was a new mechanic built for the gamepack, and that having this feature independently would have either interfered with get together's club system, or it was just too complex to make it a "loose" feature in an allocated time frame.

I just don't get why they'd create a toggle to lock werewolves to their world (if I understand correctly, only the transformed wolves, the human form sim still gets to move around) but not create a toggle to lock characters to their respective worlds. Seeing Nancy L. in the stream sorta just cut the atmosphere for me.

I don't use mods, but is there a mod out there that does this?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    My only problem with a pack like this is that random sims seem to pop up in the deep forest, even harder to accept if they are my played sims who would never visit a bar in such an area. I can't really imagie Judith Ward coming walking and sparkling through Moonwood Mill because she had nowhere better to go, or because she is into the werewolf lore. Same with Nancy Landgraab. Not to speak about all my duchesses and the royals... I know this is a problem in most worlds - they lock new locals to wander into other worlds, which is fine in this case, but there seems to be rather few filters stopping the rest of the universe to wander into the new hood. I wish there was some mechanisms allowing us to control this - say by giving a "curious trait" to sims we think should pop up in the wild or elsewhere with a fairly secluded theme.

Other than that (which I guess we have learned to ignore) this pack looks good!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,396 Member
    My only problem with a pack like this is that random sims seem to pop up in the deep forest, even harder to accept if they are my played sims who would never visit a bar in such an area. I can't really imagie Judith Ward coming walking and sparkling through Moonwood Mill because she had nowhere better to go, or because she is into the werewolf lore. Same with Nancy Landgraab. Not to speak about all my duchesses and the royals... I know this is a problem in most worlds - they lock new locals to wander into other worlds, which is fine in this case, but there seems to be rather few filters stopping the rest of the universe to wander into the new hood. I wish there was some mechanisms allowing us to control this - say by giving a "curious trait" to sims we think should pop up in the wild or elsewhere with a fairly secluded theme.

I imagine they were passing through and they needed to use a toilet, get some refreshments or directions. :lol:
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited June 2022
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I don't know if you watched the livestream but
    Nancy definitely wandered into that bar.

Oh, if she insists.... >:)

I only watched parts of the livestream in order to avoid spoilers, but I should have been more careful and not watch anything at all, which was my initial plan. Each time I DID return my gaze to the screen twas like: "Oh hi Captain we hear you love spoilers, well here's one for ya good sir."
    This resulted in me learning what a Greg is. The one thing I did NOT want to learn just yet. :D

Ah! I'm sure Greg's delighted to know that most folks want to use him as an enraged woohoo machine.
    I'm more interested in why and how he is the way he is. -Why Greg? Why do you feel like this? Let's bark it over a few raw steaks and a jar of moonshine.
    From what I understand is that this big bad boy has anger issues and my mission is to make him my dear, dear friend. I'm nice like that.

I'm currently building an ol' swamp shack for my sim to live in (as part of an older story) and explore the mysteries of the moonwoods. I don't want him to join a pack and get himself turned, I'd rather him getting attacked by a werebeast "spontaneously" and we'll take it from there. We're more of the lonewolf type in that regard. "I do my fhang - you do yours" kinda fhang.

Not so sure about the rabbithole tunnels and the rabbithole anythings, but I'll reserve judgment on these for now. Very excited about all the rest that I've seen and learned so far.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2022
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

My first thoughts, too. My question is what is 'a Greg'?

Greg is a feral werewolf in the pack. In regards to Ninja's tweet, it's a parody of Katy Perry's song "I kissed a girl" lol

Thank you. I thought he was referring to some drink or something I had never heard of since he wrote 'a' as if it's an object and not a person who happened to be half beast. I see the pun now, I had forgotten all about Katy Perry years ago.
    You know an object to be used not valued.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    I suspect that this pack mechanic was a new mechanic built for the gamepack, and that having this feature independently would have either interfered with get together's club system, or it was just too complex to make it a "loose" feature in an allocated time frame.

It doesn't look like an entirely new mechanic. To me, it appears that in designing the pack system for Werewolves, the devs chose to tweak the system that they had previously used for Discover University's school organizations. The devs may have chosen that system over Get Together's club system to save time or due to the budget constraints of a GP. However, I still wish they had chosen the more flexible club mechanic instead.
  • Options
    @Darkshadow608 Sim Spawn Overhaul keeps most premades in their own world unless they are friends with your Sims.
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    @Darkshadow608 Sim Spawn Overhaul keeps most premades in their own world unless they are friends with your Sims.

Thank you so much for suggesting that 🙂

I'll definitely look into it
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I imagine they were passing through and they needed to use a toilet, get some refreshments or directions. :lol:

Maybe Judith is there researching a new role!

But one non-mod way I try to minimize this is by having clubs use a particular lot as a hangout. Since there are only so many sims that can be on the lot at a time, if a club is there (or two!), plus the sims you are travelling with, it really cuts down on the number of unwanted random sims who show up. Mind you, that minimizes the problem, not eliminates it, and it doesn't help sims just strolling down the street.

For example, you could create some random wolf NPCS and put them in a club, and make the bar their hangout, so that every time you go to the bar, you have that number of random wolfies hanging out, rather than your own played sims that are out of rotation.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member
    edited June 2022
    First off, they did a great job during the livestream. I found myself laughing at times because both host had a great sense of humor and they worked well together. They gave enough information without spoiling things.

Having the option to limit werewolves to Moonwood Wills is huge for me. :)

Greg's story.
    Greg was just a little boy who liked to come to the lab sometimes with his dad, Peter. During one of those visits, Greg was bitten by an animal kept in a cage. Unfortunately, Greg would never be the same again because he could not take on human form. His father feared that if someone found out about Greg that they would take him away and experiment on him. So, he moved him and his son to Moonwood Mill to try and find a cure.

When Greg grew up, his dad moved him into the secluded area and posted warning signs. Curiosity got the best of some locals and they ventured past the warning signs--Greg raged at seeing the intruders and bit many. The two new packs may not be like Greg; yet, his father knows that they will guard Greg's secret because they now have a secret of their own to protect.

Because Greg is such a raging beast whose lost his humanity, his dad moved to another lot to continue his search for a cure. Unbeknownst to Peter, he will never discover that cure.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »

My first thoughts, too. My question is what is 'a Greg'?

Greg is a feral werewolf in the pack. In regards to Ninja's tweet, it's a parody of Katy Perry's song "I kissed a girl" lol

Thank you. I thought he was referring to some drink or something I had never heard of since he wrote 'a' as if it's an object and not a person who happened to be half beast. I see the pun now, I had forgotten all about Katy Perry years ago.
    You know an object to be used not valued.

No problem! :smile:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    edited June 2022
    Ah! I'm sure Greg's delighted to know that most folks want to use him as an enraged woohoo machine.
    I'm more interested in why and how he is the way he is. -Why Greg? Why do you feel like this? Let's bark it over a few raw steaks and a jar of moonshine.
    From what I understand is that this big bad boy has anger issues and my mission is to make him my dear, dear friend. I'm nice like that.
    someone just had to take that burden off Vlads poor old shoulders if even just for a while so he can recuperate
    Normally Don Lothario or some other chap would have risen to the challenge but their dance cards are pretty full as it is
    so now I am afraid Greg will have to be the sacrifice for greater good
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Nancy Landgraab showed up to gentrify the place. Which is why when she shows up, it's gonna be on sight for my werewolves.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2022

It doesn't look like an entirely new mechanic. To me, it appears that in designing the pack system for Werewolves, the devs chose to tweak the system that they had previously used for Discover University's school organizations. The devs may have chosen that system over Get Together's club system to save time or due to the budget constraints of a GP. However, I still wish they had chosen the more flexible club mechanic instead.

I don’t know if it’s a new mechanic but it seems like it’s deeper than clubs and DU orgs. I believe GrimSuruDoi said once you join a pack you have to continually work to prove you’re value added for the pack or you will get kicked out. So you have to work to keep your werewolf strength and skills up in order to remain a pack member. I know that’s not true with clubs and if I remember because it’s been a minute I don’t think it’s true with DU orgs either. This is probably why we can’t make our own, it’s more complicated than systems we already have.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,886 Member
    Nancy Landgraab showed up to gentrify the place. Which is why when she shows up, it's gonna be on sight for my werewolves.

I was planning to turn Malcolm into a werewolf in a lot of my upcoming occult saves. I've never played the Landgraab's, but I don't imagine growing up with Nancy as a mom was all that much fun. Werewolf Malcolm can work out those issues with mommy dearest. I predict Nancy's life is about to get wayyyy more complicated and dramatic than she's ready for.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited June 2022

I don’t know if it’s a new mechanic but it seems like it’s deeper than clubs and DU orgs. I believe GrimSuruDoi said once you join a pack you have to continually work to prove you’re value added for the pack or you will get kicked out. So you have to work to keep your werewolf strength and skills up in order to remain a pack member. I know that’s not true with clubs and if I remember because it’s been a minute I don’t think it’s true with DU orgs either. This is probably why we can’t make our own, it’s more complicated than systems we already have.

It's hard to tell from only one gameplay stream. However, the pack system that the devs implemented doesn't appear to be significantly deeper than the school organization system in DU.

In DU, you have to keep doing club related activities to maintain your rank in the organization. If you do not, you will drop in rank & loose the perks that are associated with that rank. This is very similar to how the pack system in Werewolves appears to work. Now, getting kicked out may be new, I never let any of my any of my Sims fall far enough in rank in any of the DU organizations to find out.

Overall, I don't mind that the devs used the DU system per se, I just wish that they had at least tweaked it a bit further so that if your Sim becomes the new alpha of one of the packs, that Sim can change the pack's name & choose the pack's core values. Especially, since we can't independently create our own werewolf pack utilizing the same system.
    Post edited by EternalSunshine on
  • Options
    Hmmm, I hope the pack system works for rotational players. I don't want my werewolf thrown out for slacking off when I'm playing someone else.
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Hmmm, I hope the pack system works for rotational players. I don't want my werewolf thrown out for slacking off when I'm playing someone else.

Me too. It would be great if it stopped upward/downward pack progress in place for that sim until you returned to them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top