Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I need to live here case closed. Perfect for my homeless sim actually 🥺
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2022

Every one of my homes that have a 2nd or 3rd story balcony are all getting their very own wee telescope.....

*ahem* (channeling my bestest Oprah voice)

You get a telescope! And you get a telescope! And you, and you, and you! You all get telescopes! :smiley:
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    nat__ari wrote: »
    I wonder if Sim can have a romantic relationship with Greg. I am currently playing with a young women (spellcaster with ancient blood) which comes from a wealthy and respected family. I think it could have been good drama if she had just hooked up with Greg and solved this mysteries. I hope it's possible.

Yes, they said that you can woohoo with Greg.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,462 Member
    @telemwill and @DaWaterRat Thank you for confirming that werewolves don't have to join a pack. I am glad my werewolf sims can choose their own path in life.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I just watched a recap of the livestream, I don't need to know every detail just yet. There are 3 things that I noticed

- only 2 premade packs. I kind of expected this after the student organisations in DU. A missed opportunity because it is in customised features like clubs and holidays that the sims 4 really shines. My question is will my sims be forced to choose a pack? I am not interested in playing a werewolf becoming the alpha wolf
    - fated mates: so this is a random werewolf who is supposed to be 'the one' for my werewolf sim? I don't like that. I would like to be able to choose my sims love interest myself. Getting a fated mate assigned by the game makes the love interests chosen by the player feel as less valuable because the werewolf sim will be just settling
    - moon casters are only lore? No actual feature, just text in text boxes? I wish the devs didn't have teased this if it is nothing but story telling. Nice for those who want lore but a real let down for people like me who hoped for some kind of gameplay integration with spellcasters.

All in all the pack looks really interesting. I like the look of the werewolves, though I would still prefer to have a female frame as well. The world seems detailed, the powers look interesting. I just preordered, the first time ever in the sims 4.

I have a thought about the Mooncasters.
    If you don't have Realm of Magic, then Mooncasters will be lore. But if you do have it, then they are a living example of the lore.
    At least I hope EA is doing that. There is supposed to be some Lunar Cycle game play with Spellcasters, so I don't see why they wouldn't have something related to that, even if it's a weak link.

That would be nice. Mooncasters as lore for those who only have werewolves and as some form of pack integration for people who also own RoM.

Before the livestream I was hoping this would be a mixture of spellcasters and werewolves. Of course I never believed in real hybrid because this is Sims 4 and we won't be that lucky. But I was hoping it would mean werewolves would be able to learn some magic or brew some potions, either the potions from RoM or their own werewolf potions. But since that isn't mentioned in the livestream, I am afraid it is only lore.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    @Atreya33 remember that 1) for the livestreams, the computer only has base game + the pack they're showing off and 2) they don't mention everything, always leaving some stuff as a surprise. I'm sure they focused on the Vampire stuff because Fur vs Fang is such a common trope these days (and has been for the last 20 years, at a minimum.)

That's not to say Mooncasters are necessarily more than Lore, but just not to rule it out until we see what the Gamechangers do with the pack tomorrow
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Atreya33
    From this tweet that I posted earlier, it sounds like Mooncasters are just part of the lore, which is disappointing, because I was also hoping for some type of gameplay element with them.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    @Atreya33
    From this tweet that I posted earlier, it sounds like Mooncasters are just part of the lore, which is disappointing, because I was also hoping for some type of gameplay element with them.

Okay, so Mooncasters are just lore... but I'm still looking forward to what "extras" owners of Realm of Magic will get with Werewolves, because they said there's a benefit to owning Vampires and Realm of Magic, so there must be something. :smiley:
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,462 Member
    edited June 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    @Atreya33

Okay, so Mooncasters are just lore... but I'm still looking forward to what "extras" owners of Realm of Magic will get with Werewolves, because they said there's a benefit to owning Vampires and Realm of Magic, so there must be something. :smiley:

Let's find out in a few days if there is any interesting possible between spellcasters and werewolves. :) I plan to play a love story between a spellcaster and a werewolf.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,011 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Let's find out in a few days if there is any interesting possible between spellcasters and werewolves. :) I plan to play a love story between a spellcaster and a werewolf.

Great minds think alike.🙂 I'm setting mine in the middle of a conflict that pits werewolves vs vampires vs spellcasters vs humans. Should make for a fun save.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    My only problem with a pack like this is that random sims seem to pop up in the deep forest, even harder to accept if they are my played sims who would never visit a bar in such an area. I can't really imagie Judith Ward coming walking and sparkling through Moonwood Mill because she had nowhere better to go, or because she is into the werewolf lore. Same with Nancy Landgraab. Not to speak about all my duchesses and the royals... I know this is a problem in most worlds - they lock new locals to wander into other worlds, which is fine in this case, but there seems to be rather few filters stopping the rest of the universe to wander into the new hood. I wish there was some mechanisms allowing us to control this - say by giving a "curious trait" to sims we think should pop up in the wild or elsewhere with a fairly secluded theme.

Other than that (which I guess we have learned to ignore) this pack looks good!

I imagine they were passing through and they needed to use a toilet, get some refreshments or directions. :lol:

Maybe Judith is there researching a new role!

But one non-mod way I try to minimize this is by having clubs use a particular lot as a hangout. Since there are only so many sims that can be on the lot at a time, if a club is there (or two!), plus the sims you are travelling with, it really cuts down on the number of unwanted random sims who show up. Mind you, that minimizes the problem, not eliminates it, and it doesn't help sims just strolling down the street.

For example, you could create some random wolf NPCS and put them in a club, and make the bar their hangout, so that every time you go to the bar, you have that number of random wolfies hanging out, rather than your own played sims that are out of rotation.

So, having given this a bit more thought, this is how I'm going to approach it in my own game. I'm going to create two different households of five werewolves each. Each household will constitute a full club of five (without taking the time to play them enough to unlock extra member slots). By throwing them into a house together at first, it will be easier to have them all join the club at the same time. Basically, I'll probably put more attention into creating them than I normally do to making over the townies, but less effort than I would for a fully played favorite sim household. Then once I have them set up in the clubs, I will move them out of the house to free up space. Their club membership (and sooner rather than later, relationships with my own sims) should keep them from getting culled.

The names for the clubs will heavily imply that they are affiliates of the two canon packs. For some reason I think it would be funny to steal from Sons of Anarchy and call them Nomads. I.e., "Moonwood Collective-Nomad Chapter" and "Wildfang-Nomad Chapter."

The hangout for both clubs will be the bar in Moonwood Mills. That means that at any given time, ten quasi-NPC werewolves should be at the bar; add in my currently played sim plus likely some of the premades, and at that point, we're getting close to twenty sims. My understanding is that's the max number that can be on a lot at a time? For the remaining few interlopers, I just hope there's some sort of preference for occult sims to wander in, prioritized over random sims. I'd much rather see Vlad lurking about than Nancy.

Anyway, the other advantage is that then there should be plenty of other wolves around if I want to spar, have my sim choose to try for fated mate, etc.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Also, now I want to create a club of deeply doomed outdoor enthusiasts who will want to hang out at some other location in MM, maybe the campground. I'm sure that will go well for them!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm.... I can see myself using the Get Together club-feature for a more relaxed pack-version. Those werewolves that does not want to be in one of the more involved packs and just wants to howl together at full moon and occasionally meet up. Or call them if you are moving to a new place and have to carry all the furniture.

Leader: I'm good, are you lot good? Anyone got any problems, fur or fang?
    Group: Nope.
    Leader: Cool, let's run!
  • Options
  • Options

We're all slowly dying of anticipation waiting for Thursday, meanwhile there's a strawberry supermoon without werewolves.

The universe has a really warped sense of humor.

• Options
    nat__arinat__ari Posts: 7 New Member
    > @GirafHuntr said:
    > Yes, they said that you can woohoo with Greg.

This is amazing! I'm so excited!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top