Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »
    Hmmm, I hope the pack system works for rotational players. I don't want my werewolf thrown out for slacking off when I'm playing someone else.

Me too. It would be great if it stopped upward/downward pack progress in place for that sim until you returned to them.

It seems like it would because the pack starts with npc membership and an npc alpha who would maintain their status when not played and when you’re rotated away your sim is effectively an npc for that time.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,499 Member
    edited June 2022
    I just watched a recap of the livestream, I don't need to know every detail just yet. There are 3 things that I noticed

- only 2 premade packs. I kind of expected this after the student organisations in DU. A missed opportunity because it is in customised features like clubs and holidays that the sims 4 really shines. My question is will my sims be forced to choose a pack? I am not interested in playing a werewolf becoming the alpha wolf
    - fated mates: so this is a random werewolf who is supposed to be 'the one' for my werewolf sim? I don't like that. I would like to be able to choose my sims love interest myself. Getting a fated mate assigned by the game makes the love interests chosen by the player feel as less valuable because the werewolf sim will be just settling
    - moon casters are only lore? No actual feature, just text in text boxes? I wish the devs didn't have teased this if it is nothing but story telling. Nice for those who want lore but a real let down for people like me who hoped for some kind of gameplay integration with spellcasters.

All in all the pack looks really interesting. I like the look of the werewolves, though I would still prefer to have a female frame as well. The world seems detailed, the powers look interesting. I just preordered, the first time ever in the sims 4.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,761 Member
    @Atreya33 You aren't forced to choose a pack. You can be a lone wolf instead. You can also become a friend of both packs without joining either. Although it's unclear how long that status lasts, if you have to keep making contributions to the packs to maintain it, etc.

I am disappointed that we can't make our own packs. And the one unlocked aspiration I saw did have becoming alpha as a part of it. I'm hoping you can be a pack member and have an unlocked aspiration that doesn't include becoming alpha. There are four unlocked aspirations and two packs. I'm guessing two of the aspirations involve becoming alpha . Probably one is for lone wolves. The last one might focus on being a good pack member or on finding your fated mate.

They didn't discuss fated mates on the live stream. It seems to be optional though.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I just watched a recap of the livestream, I don't need to know every detail just yet. There are 3 things that I noticed

- only 2 premade packs. I kind of expected this after the student organisations in DU. A missed opportunity because it is in customised features like clubs and holidays that the sims 4 really shines. My question is will my sims be forced to choose a pack? I am not interested in playing a werewolf becoming the alpha wolf
    - fated mates: so this is a random werewolf who is supposed to be 'the one' for my werewolf sim? I don't like that. I would like to be able to choose my sims love interest myself. Getting a fated mate assigned by the game makes the love interests chosen by the player feel as less valuable because the werewolf sim will be just settling
    - moon casters are only lore? No actual feature, just text in text boxes? I wish the devs didn't have teased this if it is nothing but story telling. Nice for those who want lore but a real let down for people like me who hoped for some kind of gameplay integration with spellcasters.

All in all the pack looks really interesting. I like the look of the werewolves, though I would still prefer to have a female frame as well. The world seems detailed, the powers look interesting. I just preordered, the first time ever in the sims 4.

From what I've read from the Gurus (forgive me for not trawling back through their twitter feeds to find the specific answers)

You don't have to join a pack (you can also use Get Together to make a werewolf only club. it doesn't quite have the same lore/benefits/interations, but it's a decent work around for making your own pack)

Fated mates are based on what other werewolves your sim flirts with. And you (the player) have to specifically tell your werewolf sim to flirt with another werewolf sim for there to be a chance of the "fated mate" trait unlocking.

So that leaves mooncasters, which - and I'm moving into speculation here - will probably be tied to how Werewolves interact with Spellcasters.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,761 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Fated mates are based on what other werewolves your sim flirts with. And you (the player) have to specifically tell your werewolf sim to flirt with another werewolf sim for there to be a chance of the "fated mate" trait unlocking.

That's awesome! Somehow I missed that or overlooked it.

So many tweets! Glad to see the gurus so excited!(And giving us so much info.)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member

I have a thought about the Mooncasters.
    If you don't have Realm of Magic, then Mooncasters will be lore. But if you do have it, then they are a living example of the lore.
    At least I hope EA is doing that. There is supposed to be some Lunar Cycle game play with Spellcasters, so I don't see why they wouldn't have something related to that, even if it's a weak link.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    I really want to hear more about "Fated Mates". Do we know if we can only get "Fated Mates" on another Werewolf? Would be fun storyline to get find your fated mate is a spellcaster, vampire or regular sim, but I'm assuming it's restricted to just werewolves.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,514 Member
    I really want to hear more about "Fated Mates". Do we know if we can only get "Fated Mates" on another Werewolf? Would be fun storyline to get find your fated mate is a spellcaster, vampire or regular sim, but I'm assuming it's restricted to just werewolves.

I think fated mates is like soulmates aspiration but for wolves and will only be available for werewolves. The other occults or regular sims don't have this option so it wouldn't make sense for a werewolf to be fated mates with them.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 678 Member
    Only werewolves can become fated mates. I' m speculating that the fated mates will be unable to cheat on each other. Also when a fated mate dies the other will not be able to romance any sim.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    Only werewolves can become fated mates. I' m speculating that the fated mates will be unable to cheat on each other. Also when a fated mate dies the other will not be able to romance any sim.

Oh I like those speculations. I really hope they give us at least a bit more information. Do you think you can still get a fated mate if you are already dating/soulmates with someone else? I have to many questions about this lol. The Sim I have ready to become my first Werewolf is already dating someone else and has the soulmate thing on their relationship panel(I never intended that, and to be frank not even sure how it happened, they are barely friends, and mostly just the benefit kind lol) but I want him to have a fated mate, wonder if that will stop it from happening? Oh, he also has the single and loving it lifestyle will that make a fated mate less likely? The questions lol
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »

Well, you do have the option to "not accept" that story, and fight having a Fated Mate. (got this from GrimSuruDoi's twitter) So it may be more like your werewolf sim has the "unflirty" trait when trying to romance other sims or something like that, where it's harder but not impossible.

• Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Oh interesting, maybe a new collection of moon photos - or adding more onto the 'space prints' collection.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I hate to say it, but something about those vestigial tail nubs really creeps me out. I almost wish they had made them completely tail-free instead!
  • Options
    nat__arinat__ari Posts: 7 New Member
    I wonder if Sim can have a romantic relationship with Greg. I am currently playing with a young women (spellcaster with ancient blood) which comes from a wealthy and respected family. I think it could have been good drama if she had just hooked up with Greg and solved this mysteries. I hope it's possible.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,115 Member

Interesting.🤔 I see possibilities that need exploring.

*Dani, you have enough projects to keep you occupied girl. Stay focused.*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top