Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape is the next EP!

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Cool! Looking forward to the reveal.

I'll get my tea supply ready for the forum threads. 😂
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    The Sims 5 will just be a base game with no content. So the people asking for the next iteration will then complain about all the things that are missing compared to now. On the upside, there would be less bugs with less gameplay. And the vicious cycle continues...
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I don't have a lot of bug complaints. Perhaps they are there and I am just not seeing them so I am excited to see what they have planned and once again trying very hard to ignore all the complaining that will surely follow. Onverser represented the likely reactions perfectly. I am still laughing. :D
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Absolutely could NOT care less after the packs that came out this year. I'll pass unless it's Generations which includes tonnes of things to do for EVERY life stage.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'd rather see ALL the bugs fixed first.

That's never gonna happen. You might as well just prepare for The Sims 5 if you want them to fix all the TS4 bugs before making another pack. 😂

That's what happened with TS3 - my favorite world, the island one was so buggy I stopped playing altogether, then got TS4 when it came out and now here we go again with all these bugs that make it hard to play.

Fool me once, shame on you EA, fool me twice, shame on me. In other words I will not get TS5 if there is one, as it will have all the same problems.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The Sims 5 will just be a base game with no content. So the people asking for the next iteration will then complain about all the things that are missing compared to now. On the upside, there would be less bugs with less gameplay. And the vicious cycle continues...

The more packs, the more bugs, right? I only have basegame and 4 EPs so I'm probably less affected than most simmers.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm extremely excited for EP 10.
    Nothing to do with its content. Just the multitude of reaction threads it will bring about. And that's priceless entertainment.

I'll be enjoying this one over a couple of cold ones, starting next Tuesday. Not a bad start of the week. :#

@CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Sure do hope it's something you like so you can join us in the positive thread. If it's needed. :p The JTB thread was the most fun I've had on this forum in a long time.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2020
    Nothing to do with its content. Just the multitude of reaction threads it will bring about. And that's priceless entertainment.

I'll be enjoying this one over a couple of cold ones, starting next Tuesday. Not a bad start of the week. :#

@CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Sure do hope it's something you like so you can join us in the positive thread. If it's needed. :p The JTB thread was the most fun I've had on this forum in a long time.

@simgirl1010

I’m afraid that if it’s something the majority did not ask for, I will probably love it!
    The JtB thread has been absolutely great, so you better be prepared and keep a nice spot available for me at the next positivity thread! Just in case it’s needed, of course. ;)
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    finally some news!

now to hope this pack is actually what community wants and not fuel to the complaint storm :sweat_smile:

oh please let it be very useful pack for everyone

Just to forewarn you, they already told us that the upcoming EP wouldn't be farming, generations, or any of the shopping list of things that the community hammered them with after the Star Wars debacle. They said they are aware that they've not been the most communicative or attentive to our concerns, but that the upcoming EP was already in development prior to their "Come-to-Jesus" the community gave them with the intense backlash after Star Wars. So just understand that first and foremost. That said, I too hope it's useful and fun for everyone.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    For those afraid of a new avalanche of bugs just don't buy on day one. Give it a couple of weeks, or more, and then decide.

More like a couple months or more. I know working at home has slowed them down a bit but the patches for bug fixes lately have been terrible. They haven't fixed many of the game breaking bugs that came out with EL and a lot of the old bugs still exist. Not really too excited about the announcement or the pack. My expectations are pretty low.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    What is "The JtB thread" ???
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    I won't be getting excited I have not bought anything since Oh gee I can't remember it has been so long I certainly didn't buy the last three this will fall short I am sure. I guess Lazy Game put it best he no longer will critique Sims 4.

U sound like me. I have found pieces and parts of packs that I like, but none have brought back the excitement of Sims3 times. Seasons probably has come the closest. No farms. If it's more of the same, I may just take a huge break from Sims4 till next year, even if we are getting an So in the near future. I've about lost hope on getting something simlish. I don't see having content that keeps me from being in control of my game as a step forward, but an attempt to make this game something it's never been. If I wanted that, there are loads of free games on FB and on my phone. If this is another attempt to get teens in instead of giving the sim game real sims add on's, I'm going to quit putting myself in the position of being disappointment. I want an EP I can be excited about and Naboo/ Strangerville junk is as far away from that than no new content at all. I'm going to allow the sliver of hope that we're getting something worth all the devoted fans. If not, I might not be on the forum for months. Just tired of hoping.
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'd rather see ALL the bugs fixed first.

That's never gonna happen. You might as well just prepare for The Sims 5 if you want them to fix all the TS4 bugs before making another pack. 😂

I have never understood why people think sims5 would be bugles :D

Me either, but I have often wondered if they are the same ones who wanted Sims3 gone so the wonderful Sims4 could be here and then now abandoning 4 for 5 and on to 6 if that isn't good enough. I will never get my hopes up for 5. This extra long wait times for content when we had loads in the Sims3 along with packs I don't like/can't use has plummeted my expectations and joy. Whose to say they won't put multiplayer and other stuff we don't care for in and not be worried if we like it or not as they have with putting quest driven stuff in a game that's supposed to put the player in full control? We sure didn't expect the toddler/ infant/pool/lack of content that we got with the Sims4 base game. I've always tried to find something I liked about packs, but this year has really tested my patience. There's been magic stuff and loads of different, how about some stuff we need, want, and can use?
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Kinda interesting seeing some people in a state of constant craving for new packs. It might be just me, but i have zero issues with going a whole year or more with none of their packs appealing to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    drakharis wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I have a whole week to prepare myself for the disappointment. :D

I wonder how angry all of you are going to be once it's announced. Is it something attempting to be Occult? Is it a score for team farm? Is it something finally for our aliens? Is it a resort/hotel pack that many in the community actually want?

Maybe all the planets will be in perfect alignment and Mercury will be in Retrograde to actually give us something we actually want.

They've already said no farming, bunk beds, and infants.

That's a new way to look at it😂. Wish I could get to that point.
  • Options
    davina1221 wrote: »

I wonder how angry all of you are going to be once it's announced. Is it something attempting to be Occult? Is it a score for team farm? Is it something finally for our aliens? Is it a resort/hotel pack that many in the community actually want?

Maybe all the planets will be in perfect alignment and Mercury will be in Retrograde to actually give us something we actually want.

Is this going to be an Expansion Pack or a Stuff Pack?????
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't have a lot of bug complaints. Perhaps they are there and I am just not seeing them so I am excited to see what they have planned and once again trying very hard to ignore all the complaining that will surely follow. Onverser represented the likely reactions perfectly. I am still laughing. :D

I don't have a lot either, but I've run into a few of the big ones, like gardening (though supposedly it only affects plants that you planted with seeds that you harvested from the wild or bought from the produce stalls, not seeds from the packets you can order, and there's a workaround that's good for things like Money Tree seeds).

It's been a rough year pretty much everywhere, with COVID lockdowns and restrictions, and people who have lost loved ones. I don't know if I'd call this the worst year in Sims 4 history (things were pretty bad till we got toddlers) because I like Nifty Knitting a lot, and I think Eco Lifestyle has potential once they clean up the bugs.

And speaking of bugs:

B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member

pre ep patch should come with small telescope then so we can see the stars aligning :wink:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »

Is this going to be an Expansion Pack or a Stuff Pack?????

It’s going to be an Expansion Pack!!!!!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

Big mood. I can't wait to start lurking around the General Discussion section more often when that happens. XD (Usually I hang out in the Off Topic section, haha).
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Anyone notices how they're announcing expansions packs too close to release date so people dont have enough information on the pack and buy it anyway, very smart move EA..

We used to get a month gap between announcements and release when expansions were good and 3 months before release in Sims 3 when expansions were TOO GOOD

I expect this EP to be horrible that's why EA announcing it so late and close to release which I'm expecting mid November..
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2020
    graventhe wrote: »
    Anyone notices how they're announcing expansions packs too close to release date so people dont have enough information on the pack and buy it anyway, very smart move EA..

We used to get a month gap between announcements and release when expansions were good and 3 months before release in Sims 3 when expansions were TOO GOOD

I expect this EP to be horrible that's why EA announcing it so late and close to release which I'm expecting mid November..

If they’re smart they will wait to see how disappointing it was like jtb. Hopefully I am wrong tho.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For those afraid of a new avalanche of bugs just don't buy on day one. Give it a couple of weeks, or more, and then decide.

I don’t see what the point of waiting is when they don’t fix the bugs. I mean it’s been months since Eco Lifestyle released and most of the bugs it brought are still unfixed. Mean while they did manage to release two new packs that added to the bugs and also remain unfixed.

Agree I say wait an year or two and pray for EA/Maxis is slow to fix bugs or tweak the game and I have no faith in them. Some bugs may never get fixed looking at past experiences.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen