Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape is the next EP!

Comments

• AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited October 2020
    Ohh, can't wait. I hope it's a generations ep, but I doubt it.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    A lot of you who are complaining about EVERYTHING here were complaining about the last expansion. So they are probably trying to appease you by coming out with another one that will bring less of a nasty response and your complaining again. Not to sound like your respective mothers, but go outside and play and be back before the street lights come on. I don't want to see you in the house before then!

They not trying to appease anyone, as people look at EA/Maxis track record which speaks volumes. Majority of the packs are gimped as not to hinder performance and I say gee whiz I own four I7s and 3 AMD FX and X systems how can Sims 4 affect my performance?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    A lot of you who are complaining about EVERYTHING here were complaining about the last expansion. So they are probably trying to appease you by coming out with another one that will bring less of a nasty response and your complaining again

Lmao if only it worked like that. The last EP was months ago. EPS take more than a couple of months to make. They didn’t just come up with to appease those who were angry last time. It could flop like all the packs this year did

Exactly :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited October 2020
    Robyn536 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    The Sims 5 will just be a base game with no content. So the people asking for the next iteration will then complain about all the things that are missing compared to now. On the upside, there would be less bugs with less gameplay. And the vicious cycle continues...

Yeah with Sims 5 they will again remove what little features Sims 4 have and you are right the same ole cycle. I learned my lesson with Sims 4 do not purchase and just wait and see how it rolls first.

This is exactly what I did. I bought The Sims 4 the day it came out, checked it out for about a day, viciously missed Sims 3, and then deliberately set it aside for about 18 months. When I came back to 4, it had a lot more content. So less painful that way.

It is still painful for me as I want the editing tools that allow me make my own neighborhoods and lots but it will never show up in Sims 4. I want better features not just the content as I may not want to move Sims to an another neighborhood forcing me to play EA/Maxis way and not my own as you now must pay for another neighborhood. However it comes down to what floats one's boat and my boat has sunk an long time ago.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    The Sims 4 X FIFA 21 Collaboration Expansion Pack I am Excited!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'd rather see ALL the bugs fixed first.

Me too. That won’t make them money though so instead they will just release another bug ridden pack and add to issues. :/
    It could be Sims 4 My first bug stuff. ;) Kidding of course. My desired themes for an expansion pack would either be an active school system or a superhero pack or a zoo/aquarium pack. Farm animals well might do well in a GP since that is more focused on one theme and gameplay it seems like more than expansion packs are.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Anyone notices how they're announcing expansions packs too close to release date so people dont have enough information on the pack and buy it anyway, very smart move EA..

We used to get a month gap between announcements and release when expansions were good and 3 months before release in Sims 3 when expansions were TOO GOOD

I expect this EP to be horrible that's why EA announcing it so late and close to release which I'm expecting mid November..

I don't know if it's just me and my horrible sense of time but it doesn't seem like two minutes since the Star Wars pack released and now they're announcing another new pack already. I love getting new packs but it really feels like they're coming so fast now. I think I preferred it in the Sims 2 days when we got a new pack about every six months and the packs were much better quality.
    I prefer it like that too. I never understood the need to push DLC after DLC with the Sims 3 and the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 X FIFA 21 Collaboration Expansion Pack I am Excited!

The stadium being a rabbit hole of course.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    go outside and play and be back before the street lights come on. I don't want to see you in the house before then!

Oh my goodness that brings back so many memories. 😄
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    With all the packs I am feeling a bit like Old Mother Hubbard with too much to do. I'm going to have to stop buying sometime as I haven't got time to do everything.

I just hope it'll be an expansion that I can use the contents of in all the worlds. I'm using all the StrangerVille stuff in Oasis Springs and Sulani for example as I don't like the StrangerVille world much and the Get Famous stuff too as I'm not fond of that actual world either but love the objects and building stuff.

I'm working on a new template save; I used the cheat to complete the Strangerville scenario, then I moved the Eclectic Arts household (my favorite from that pack) to an apartment in the San Myshuno Arts Quarter and deleted the rest of the premades in that world. I'm going to use it as a retirement town for elders when I no longer actively play them but I don't want them consigned to Not In World. I've also got a cool museum I found on the Gallery all about the Strangerville story, plus my Latin-themed restaurant. I'm going to replace most of the houses with smaller 1-story places, probably midcentury themed. Might play one family there, a teen taking care of his elderly grandparents, then when he ages to YA send him off to University.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    izecson wrote: »
    I'm more interested in upcoming threads and youtube comments talking about this particular pack that we're going to see

Same. You know you've lost faith in a game when your more excited for the reaction to a certain pack than the actual pack itself. :D

Yes, but I still want to be surprised(good surprise) by the decision the gurus pull for the wellbeing of TS4.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    i kepping my fingers crossed its happy haunts i really want it
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    With all the packs I am feeling a bit like Old Mother Hubbard with too much to do. I'm going to have to stop buying sometime as I haven't got time to do everything.

I just hope it'll be an expansion that I can use the contents of in all the worlds. I'm using all the StrangerVille stuff in Oasis Springs and Sulani for example as I don't like the StrangerVille world much and the Get Famous stuff too as I'm not fond of that actual world either but love the objects and building stuff.

I'm working on a new template save; I used the cheat to complete the Strangerville scenario, then I moved the Eclectic Arts household (my favorite from that pack) to an apartment in the San Myshuno Arts Quarter and deleted the rest of the premades in that world. I'm going to use it as a retirement town for elders when I no longer actively play them but I don't want them consigned to Not In World. I've also got a cool museum I found on the Gallery all about the Strangerville story, plus my Latin-themed restaurant. I'm going to replace most of the houses with smaller 1-story places, probably midcentury themed. Might play one family there, a teen taking care of his elderly grandparents, then when he ages to YA send him off to University.

I moved Eclectic Arts household to a bunker in Oasis Springs as they are a likeable lot when recovered from that sickness! I copied that Bridlington museum to Willow Creek, making it Tudor Style, changing the contents and with one of the public toilets in the gardens around it Club Calico makes a very good lounge in Oasis Springs too with a desert style refurbishment.

I always save the Community Lots to My Library first thing after getting an expansion as it saves time filling empty worlds. I download them and change them around a bit or download unfurnished to put new stuff in.

I'm hoping that the new expansion will bring a lot of mix and match with it too, fully useable in all worlds not like Eco Lifestyle

Having everything makes it so easy to mix and match then.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    Robyn536 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    The Sims 5 will just be a base game with no content. So the people asking for the next iteration will then complain about all the things that are missing compared to now. On the upside, there would be less bugs with less gameplay. And the vicious cycle continues...

Yeah with Sims 5 they will again remove what little features Sims 4 have and you are right the same ole cycle. I learned my lesson with Sims 4 do not purchase and just wait and see how it rolls first.

This is exactly what I did. I bought The Sims 4 the day it came out, checked it out for about a day, viciously missed Sims 3, and then deliberately set it aside for about 18 months. When I came back to 4, it had a lot more content. So less painful that way.

I bought the Sims 4 on release. Played it until my sims first baby burst out of the bassinet as a full grown child and quit it until seasons released. I was not happy about the lack of toddlers and I still can't believe they ever thought it was okay to release the game without them.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    Anyone notices how they're announcing expansions packs too close to release date so people dont have enough information on the pack and buy it anyway, very smart move EA..

We used to get a month gap between announcements and release when expansions were good and 3 months before release in Sims 3 when expansions were TOO GOOD

I expect this EP to be horrible that's why EA announcing it so late and close to release which I'm expecting mid November..

I don't know if it's just me and my horrible sense of time but it doesn't seem like two minutes since the Star Wars pack released and now they're announcing another new pack already. I love getting new packs but it really feels like they're coming so fast now. I think I preferred it in the Sims 2 days when we got a new pack about every six months and the packs were much better quality.
    I prefer it like that too. I never understood the need to push DLC after DLC with the Sims 3 and the Sims 4.

I am torn about this, on one hand even though I now own all available DLC, I still can't make a matching home, or find great outfits for my males sims.

I can't do alot of the things I enjoyed from earlier games this makes me want more and better DLC, but I have learned that is foolish thinking, because I will likely never get the items I most want and I should cut my losses and stop buying new packs, especially when I go into build/buy mode and my game hits major lag causing me to need to shut it down. Obviously, I have too much stuff and more dlc will only make it worse... Such a drag and a shame we can't remove or disable individual content we don't use to speed things up. Especially, in CAS. I would lose the majority of hats, and a bunch of the clothes and jewelry choices.

I moved Eclectic Arts household to a bunker in Oasis Springs as they are a likeable lot when recovered from that sickness! I copied that Bridlington museum to Willow Creek, making it Tudor Style, changing the contents and with one of the public toilets in the gardens around it Club Calico makes a very good lounge in Oasis Springs too with a desert style refurbishment.

I always save the Community Lots to My Library first thing after getting an expansion as it saves time filling empty worlds. I download them and change them around a bit or download unfurnished to put new stuff in.

I'm hoping that the new expansion will bring a lot of mix and match with it too, fully useable in all worlds not like Eco Lifestyle

Having everything makes it so easy to mix and match then.

I have one save that is just a single Sim and everything the same as when the packs were installed -- I can go to that save, copy the lot, then go to my Test Save (where I try out new content and see if mods are still working) and do my remodeling. I also use that save for when I download houses from the Gallery to see if there are routing errors, especially if a lot of MOO is involved (there was one house that had so much MOO that the Sims couldn't even use the front door to get in!) or if something was left out like a bathroom door. :D
    APotts wrote: »

I am torn about this, on one hand even though I now own all available DLC, I still can't make a matching home, or find great outfits for my males sims.

I can't do alot of the things I enjoyed from earlier games this makes me want more and better DLC, but I have learned that is foolish thinking, because I will likely never get the items I most want and I should cut my losses and stop buying new packs, especially when I go into build/buy mode and my game hits major lag causing me to need to shut it down. Obviously, I have too much stuff and more dlc will only make it worse... Such a drag and a shame we can't remove or disable individual content we don't use to speed things up. Especially, in CAS. I would lose the majority of hats, and a bunch of the clothes and jewelry choices.

CASt in Sims 3 tended to cause a lot of lag, especially if you did a lot of custom styles. I think that might be one reason why we didn't get it in Sims 4. I miss it for some things, like being able to add a few grey streaks of hair when my Sims age up to Adult.

EA is a business -- part of that business is providing content for their games. The Sims 4 is unique because it's expandable; you buy a game like FIFA or Madden NFL, that's pretty much it, there's nothing to add on. But just like people can do "retail therapy" and go out shopping for new clothes or furniture or what have you, DLC adds in those new items for your Sims. And look at the Ideas Corner and other threads with what people want; all those ideas require new items, new animations, in some cases new worlds, so that means DLC. For us completionists who want to have everything, it can make it tough especially on an older system. My current computer is about 5 years old and still runs the game on High settings, but it's starting to get a little creaky so I'm looking to upgrade after the first of the year (I have some money coming in then), something with more RAM (I've got 12GB, looking at 16) and definitely a newer graphics card.

One more thing to remember -- the Forum isn't the only place that EA gets input. There's social media, such as Twitter and Facebook. The company does the occasional surveys -- some people have mentioned a winter themed pack was in one, which I probably missed when I was away due to health issues (bad eyes, now fixed). Many companies will bring in focus groups to react to an ad campaign or a new product; EA probably does the same, though in the COVID era it's probably more a Zoom meeting than actual face-to-face contact. And sometimes they get approached and asked to make tie-ins with other brands -- in Sims 2 we got IKEA Stuff (and I'd love to see something similar!), Sims 3 brought us Katy Perry (with mixed results), and with Sims 4 we've seen Star Wars and Moschino joining the party.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    APotts wrote: »

OMG YES! I really wish we could disable individual aspects of the packs. Like not having the Strangerville world or CAS, but keeping the BB stuff, or not having any of the Discover University gameplay or BB, but keeping the CAS items.

My game would run a lot better, cause certain packs are only installed because of either BB or CAS, and not really for the gameplay features.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I wish the clothing was organized better. Like under each EP, SP, etc. I don't use half of the clothes I could because it such a mess in CAS.
    I wish the clothing was organized better. Like under each EP, SP, etc. I don't use half of the clothes I could because it such a mess in CAS.

I thought they'd done some fixes, with BG items first then everything sorted by pack from newest to oldest. And you can filter by pack -- but I usually can't remember what pack had what outfits except for a few (there are some nice full body outfits for male Sims from GT, for example). I've been using the Randomizer more when clothing Sims in CAS, with some interesting results; sometimes I'll get nice pants and just have to look for a good shirt, or (more often) vice versa (most of the pants are way too short for my tastes).

I thought they'd done some fixes, with BG items first then everything sorted by pack from newest to oldest. And you can filter by pack -- but I usually can't remember what pack had what outfits except for a few (there are some nice full body outfits for male Sims from GT, for example). I've been using the Randomizer more when clothing Sims in CAS, with some interesting results; sometimes I'll get nice pants and just have to look for a good shirt, or (more often) vice versa (most of the pants are way too short for my tastes).

If they would put a notation even in the pic of the clothing item to let us know what EP, SP, etc. it is from.
  • DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    Yeah, let us filter by installed packs like in Sims 3. That sort of categorization and theming is really useful when creating certain content.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simguru ninja posted his foot in a red spotted high heel that was totally giving me minnie mouse vibes. Imagine if it's a mickey mouse disney pack 🤭 doubt it but hey, freeplay just got carebears.
    You can even win a real stuffed carebear because apparently most sim players are 6 🤭
    (Says the girl with a room full of toys and carebears 👀)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Simguru ninja posted his foot in a red spotted high heel that was totally giving me minnie mouse vibes. Imagine if it's a mickey mouse disney pack 🤭 doubt it but hey, freeplay just got carebears.
    You can even win a real stuffed carebear because apparently most sim players are 6 🤭

Do you have a screen shot of that post or if in the forums a link to the thread. I'd like to see it. I have another theory about what it might mean, but would like to see it before I share my theory. - Thanks!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member

Do you have a screen shot of that post or if in the forums a link to the thread. I'd like to see it. I have another theory about what it might mean, but would like to see it before I share my theory. - Thanks!