March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
Ylho4iW.png

This thread is for those of you who are looking forward to the new GP. Or at least willing to entertain that it might be a fun pack. Although I've seen and enjoyed all the movies I'm not a big Star Wars fan but I am interested in seeing how this plays out.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I am not a star wars fan either although I have seen the original movies. But I am excited and it's nice to see a positive thread. I think this could be really fun!
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I like the B/B aesthetic. And some of the CAS.

I was most curious about the new system that would be added to the GP because I silently figured it was SW at the beginning of speculation. I guess the new system is reputation? I’m actually not sure I understand all of the features. I’m not sure how this GP will fit into my civilization building gameplay style but if I can find something in it that seems usable, I will buy it.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I was hoping it would be more generic sci-fi involving Sixam and upgrading aliens ... but I'm positive I can use the world it comes with .. it looks great. The build/buy and toys like light sabers will be used to make some fun stories.
    Think I'm seeing a Star Wars marathon movie watch in my future too... cause it's been a long time.
    I also can't wait for the mods that will come from this we got light sabers and storm trooper guns coming... lol. I know what that means for me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    Some info on Batuu.

Batuu was a remote terrestrial planet on the edge of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories, in the Batuu system of the Trilon sector. Millennia before the rise of the Galactic Empire, prior to the invention of hyperspace travel, Batuu was a popular stopping point for those traveling to Wild Space and the Unknown Regions. However, the opening of hyperspace routes caused the planet to be bypassed, resulting in the deterioration of the planet's reputation into that of a forgotten backwater world. The largest settlement on the planet was Black Spire Outpost, a seedy smuggler's haven run by the intimidating Blutopian Oga Garra. Batuu's surface was covered in jungles, oceans, and the petrified remains of ancient trees, referred to by the local Batuuans as "spires," which towered over the planet's landscapes. The world was also home to farming communities, such as Peka and Surabat, and the town of Galma, known for its mechanics.

More info here:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Batuu
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I was hoping it would be more generic sci-fi involving Sixam and upgrading aliens ... but I'm positive I can use the world it comes with .. it looks great. The build/buy and toys like light sabers will be used to make some fun stories.
    Think I'm seeing a Star Wars marathon movie watch in my future too... cause it's been a long time.
    I also can't wait for the mods that will come from this we got light sabers and storm trooper guns coming... lol. I know what that means for me.

Same. I have all but the most recent DVDs but I believe they're all available on Disney Plus.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Right now I can't go to Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland or Disney World, make my own light saber or eat a Ronto wrap, due to the pandemic. At least my sims will be able to! :p
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,436 Member
    Right now I can't go to Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland or Disney World, make my own light saber or eat a Ronto wrap, due to the pandemic. At least my sims will be able to! :p

I know, I want to go so, so bad! I was overjoyed when I found out they were adding a Star Wars park. <3
    #Team Occult
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited August 2020
    It looks like a pack explicitly made to break any immersion left in the game. Ugh. :s
    How are they gonna keep all these star wars characters out of the rest of the worlds? You know they'll mess that up, and that's just one part.

Edit: they title was changed AFTER I posted this. Sneaky sneak.
    Post edited by Aine on
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---

Official Blog: Plot a Course to The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu

In a galaxy far, far away, deep into the Outer Rim, the world of Batuu spins under its three suns, host to both the brave Resistance and nefarious First Order, with roguish scoundrels taking advantage of the chaos. How things unfold, though, is up to your Sims in The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack*, available on September 8!

Experience the Edge of the Galaxy
    From the moment Sims arrive on Batuu, they’ll be surrounded by the sights, sounds, and smells of Star Wars™. Majestic petrified trees rise high over the settlements and ships pass overhead, engines whining. Black Spire Outpost hums with activity as alien locals and busy droids go about their days. Vendors serve up Ronto Wraps and Fried Endorian Tip-Yip to hungry Niktos and Rodians. Curious Abednedos, Mirialans, and Twi’leks browse the wares at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities. Sims might recognize a certain infamous ship, the Millennium Falcon™, or hope to escape the notice of patrolling stormtroopers. But once they arrive, they’ll never want to leave.

Earn a Reputation
    The tension between the factions on Batuu is evident. Stormtroopers patrol the streets, searching for evidence of the hidden Resistance, and rebels carry out secret plans from their mysterious bunker. Even the smugglers operate a lucrative business, staying neutral to take advantage of both the Resistance and the First Order. So, which will your Sim join?

DJ R-3X, the droid in charge of the music at Oga’s Cantina, is the best point of contact for learning about the different factions. At first, missions will be simple, sending your Sim off to rifle through supply crates or chase rumors about the growing Resistance presence. As a result of completing a mission, Sims collect rewards—and earn reputation points with the associated faction. Increase your Sim’s reputation to rise through the ranks, from sympathizer or supporter to sergeant of the Resistance or First Order. If galactic credits motivate your Sim more than ideals, the scoundrels are always looking for assistance—that’s just good business.

As your Sim’s reputation grows, it also affects the way locals react to them. A Sim highly regarded by the First Order will find it difficult to chat with Resistance supporters. Climbing the chain of command by completing missions also begins to introduce new faction contacts. Depending on the choice your Sim makes, they might encounter Vi Moradi running a mission, Rey practicing with her lightsaber, Kylo Ren losing his temper, or Hondo Ohnaka cheating at a game of sabacc.

Acquire Artifacts and Treasures
    It wouldn’t be Star Wars™ without lightsabers and droids. On Batuu, Sims can find parts for their own lightsabers! Take a trip to Savi’s Workshop to see a few of the hilt and kyber crystal options, or complete missions to earn rare pieces as rewards. Try different crystals until you find the one that is right, and once it’s done, start training! Practicing with a lightsaber or sparring with other Sims builds the Fitness skill, too.

Need a friend on Batuu? Why not a droid?! Just collect scrap metal from scrap piles around Batuu and earn enough galactic credits, then purchase a droid from the Droid Depot, where they offer both R- and BB-series astromech droids. Once Sims have customized their droid, give it a name and watch it go! Your Sim’s new buddy will follow them everywhere on Batuu. Plus, droids are helpful on missions. They can use their scanners and electro-prods to assist Sims by searching crates, scrambling control panels, or distracting rival faction members. These are the droids you’re looking for!

Bring It Home
    When your Sim returns from Batuu, they won’t be coming back empty-handed. Enjoy Star Wars™ inspired updates in decor, home design, and even recipes. Whether Sims display the antiquities they collected on Batuu or revamp their style completely to imitate the dwellings of Black Spire Outpost, they don’t have to leave their Star Wars™ adventure behind. Invite neighbors over for a game of sabacc or a lightsaber sparring session whenever you like.

Plus, any droids ordered on Batuu return to the Sims world as well! Sure, droids might not go around zapping people in Willow Creek, but Sims can still build relationships with them and have fun driving them around with a datapad!

The Sims 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack arrives on September 8, 2020, at midnight in your region for Mac and PC and at 10 a.m. PT for Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,104 Member
    I'm still geeking out. Finally, a game to go with my Futuristic Game Save. Plus, I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977.
  • Fennec123Fennec123 Posts: 9 New Member
    Regarding the droid purchasing, we know we can get Astromechs and BB units! What about humanoid droids though? I'd love having a Battle Droid to tidy up around my sim's house. Who doesn't want their own roger roger? :D
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

Oh man, RIGHT?!?! I totally missed out on opening day last year, and my FB wall was full of all my friends in SCG (which is our local garrison for the 501st Legion ... a SW costuming club, and I've also got dual membership in Rebel Legion with a Jedi costume) for about a week after. I'd planned to go this year, but alas, pandemic! And it was going to be Star Wars Celebration Anaheim this week when I'd hoped i could go, and that definitely didn't work out.

But my simself is sure headed there in a few weeks.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,436 Member
    Fennec123 wrote: »
    Regarding the droid purchasing, we know we can get Astromechs and BB units! What about humanoid droids though? I'd love having a Battle Droid to tidy up around my sim's house. Who doesn't want their own roger roger? :D

I was just wondering about the Droids too! I want C3P0, he's such a character. :D
    #Team Occult
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,714 Member
    From what I have seen so far, I love the look of the world. Would be big bonus if there is rental houses like in JA.

My sims have visited so much in the mountains and the jungle, and now, they can visit one part of "Sim-Disneyland", it will be very interesting change :)
    (I will make it that way , the world beeing a vacation resort, then the new world fits right there among my "regular" gameplay.)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    @Netzspannung Do you use cc skin or do you play without cc?
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @Netzspannung Do you use cc skin or do you play without cc?

That's the original default replacement skin by Luumia, Smootish. I have loved and been faithful to it for years now. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    YAY!

Just the news I wanted after a really horrible and difficult month! Sounds like the gameplay will be a mixture of World Adventures, Jungle Adventures and StrangerVille but slightly more open ended than SV. It also sounds like it will be an vacation styled world too which is cool :smiley:

Now to think of ways I can incorporate this pack into my supernatural story/save.....
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I was not too excited until I read the blog post. Sounds fun. I get to collect and build something with my Sim. My Sim can bring a droid friend back with them or maybe even find love. Exciting!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I don't really know why but I always get these pleasant chills when I hear the star wars theme, it just reminds me of when I was a kid and watched the original triology with my brother, so even though I am not a star wars fan, the franchise has a little place in my heart.
    I would have liked an original spacepack better, cause it kinda feels weird to me to have a real life franchise in my sims world, but I am still def buying cause it's space! Aliens! Outerworldly tech!
    And I got some techy/geek sims that are always looking for more tech and spacestuff and spacey/techy CAS (not enough of that in game).

Also I am still holding out hope that this will update aliens too or add a new type of alien and give us all the new facial features seen in the trailer as actual facial features and not just costumes/masks...THAT would really make this pack awesome to me.

Plus the BB *swoon*

Ima be a Sith!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    I love the fact that there is a Smuggler faction!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,913 Member
    edited August 2020
    After thinking about it...
    This will be perfect for my space ranger sims (it's a branch in astronomy career).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top