Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies do the darndest things

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't know if this counts as a townie doing anything per se, but I think it's pretty funny.

So I was curious to see how some of the town's children would turn out when they grew up. Why not, it's never too early to make plans, right? Let's fire up CAS and see what we have.

This kid seems to have hit puberty a bit early—he's rocking his very own soul patch. Look at how proud he is of himself!
    WTjV4sS.jpg?1

Hmmm. Maybe it's a glitch. These things do happen. Okay, I'll just open his family's house take a peek. Because it's not at all creepy to take photos of a child sim in his own home in the middle of the night without his knowledge, right?
    PKn8Gp4.jpg

Yup, there it is again. Okay, this kid's definitely got something going on. Maybe he's just a bit of a prodigy? I bet his dad is so proud... but I wonder, what does the rest of his family think? It has to be a little bit weird, right?
    UUVxoAt.jpg

Okay... ummm... I think we might have a problem here. Something is most definitely off in this town. Time to call in the scientists to start testing the drinking water.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited April 2018
    @puzzlezaddict That is the child's tongue poking through his lower lip. It often happens to kids, especially with extreme slider positions. They usually grow out of it.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi I knew he'd grow out of it (since the entire point of dragging him into CAS was to see what he'd look like), I just thought it was amusing that a ten-year-old seemed to have facial hair.

You're right about the sliders. I went back and played with him for a bit (still as a child), and I could make the patch shrink or even disappear by fiddling with the chin settings. But the big one was the face profile: he was a +232 out of 256 in that category. At +200, the first pixel of the patch would appear and disappear every second or so. In case anyone is wondering, both kids are the grandchildren of Claire Ursine and Jared Frio, which is undoubtedly where the ginger gene comes from—their mother is also a redhead.
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict Face profile does seem to be the biggest problem. If you've ever played Bridgeport townies and let them have kids you see it often because those sims have some extreme face profile numbers.
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    @Mikezumi I had no idea that's what it was when I saw Jared and Claire's daughter with it it my current save, like what? That's her tongue?
    mTsAfNm.jpg
    sKG6JuD.jpg

:D Amazing.
  • Options
    @afai1261 Nah! In your sim's case it is definitely a soul patch ;) Seriously, Claire's face, from memory, does protrude quite a bit.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    polrbear wrote: »
    I just remembered: One townie roommate that was randomly assigned to live with my sims at uni stood beside the hottub naked for twelve+ hours one day. Lol.

Your sims are so pretty, I don't blame him! LOL :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I know that sims with the insane trait are supposed to be a bit unpredictable, and by now I'm somewhat used to it, but the townies can still occasionally surprise me.

For example, insane sims can talk to themselves, and all sims can make silly faces to be funny, but put it together...
    SwEGGk8.jpg
    Because what the quiet study environment of the library really needs is someone making strange noises in the bathroom.

MBCTGlW.jpg
    I wonder if she's building a relationship with the mirror?

And who among us hasn't at one time or another wanted to dive into the community pool with all our clothes on?
    M8LOLlc.jpg
    The bike ride home is really going to be a drag.
    (I like to think that other kid is looking behind him going, wait, what? But they're siblings, so he can't really be all that surprised.)

3hWCo3b.jpg
    Yes, she's in your way. That's what's wrong with this situation.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    I know that sims with the insane trait are supposed to be a bit unpredictable, and by now I'm somewhat used to it, but the townies can still occasionally surprise me.

For example, insane sims can talk to themselves, and all sims can make silly faces to be funny, but put it together...
    Grown sims with the Childish trait can also entertain themselves for hours by doing that in mirrors.

I keep meaning to set up a nightclub only meant to allow in sims with that trait (NRaas SP Lot options and/or the GoHere mod), maybe Insane would be good to include too, and replace the dance floors and bars with floor to ceiling mirrors, sandboxes, ice cream makers, swing sets, treehouses, bowls of candy bars for the buffet, nothing but the Kids station playing on the wall speakers, plenty of space out back to play tag and hopscotch. It will be open until 5am and no one will ever want to leave. Maybe I should only have it open one day a week or something, too much of a good thing and all that.

The real dance floors, strobe lights, and LN pro bars with the Disco music can all go on the community playground, where they belong. :p

IAnd who among us hasn't at one time or another wanted to dive into the community pool with all our clothes on?
    M8LOLlc.jpg
    The bike ride home is really going to be a drag.
    (I like to think that other kid is looking behind him going, wait, what? But they're siblings, so he can't really be all that surprised.)
    I remember having to do that, then "disrobe" underwater and float, among other tests to get my Advanced Swimmers card. If we ever fell overboard or into a pool while fully clothed for real, we would all of course happen to be wearing our swim trunks underneath as during the test. Not recalling it as a very fun experience, might have been because it was 8 am and really cold out for summer morning that day. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    I keep meaning to set up a nightclub only meant to allow in sims with that trait (NRaas SP Lot options and/or the GoHere mod), maybe Insane would be good to include too, and replace the dance floors and bars with floor to ceiling mirrors, sandboxes, ice cream makers, swing sets, treehouses, bowls of candy bars for the buffet, nothing but the Kids station playing on the wall speakers, plenty of space out back to play tag and hopscotch. It will be open until 5am and no one will ever want to leave. Maybe I should only have it open one day a week or something, too much of a good thing and all that.
    @igazor That would be a fantastic scene to watch, like setting an entire birthday party's worth of ten-year-olds loose in an arcade with no supervision... except they're adults now and can do a lot more damage. I'm not sure how even the most insistent of mods would manage to push them all out the door and off to their work shifts. Is it possible to drag sims out the door by their heels as they're kicking and screaming?
    I remember having to do that, then "disrobe" underwater and float, among other tests to get my Advanced Swimmers card. If we ever fell overboard or into a pool while fully clothed for real, we would all of course happen to be wearing our swim trunks underneath as during the test.
    What's an Advanced Swimmers card? Did that mean you could be at the pool on your own? I think when I was a kid that was called, my children are competent enough not to drown and I pay monthly dues to the fenced-in community pool for the express purpose that you hire lifeguards to watch the little monsters while I go home and drink take some pills a nap because school has been out for over a month now and they're driving me crazy and I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!

Sorry, what?

But on topic (sort of), how cute would it be if sim parents could teach their kids basic swimming skills? Toddlers could splash around in floaties and paddle from one adult to another; children could learn something resembling proper technique (and maybe a hidden athletic skill up to three levels, like the toy oven and blocks table).
    Not recalling it as a very fun experience, might have been because it was 8 am and really cold out for summer morning that day. :/
    Oh, goody! I finally have a chance to do the seven-miles-through-the-snow-uphill-both-ways routine!

When I was twelve, morning practice started at 5, and we had to be there 15 minutes early to take the covers off the pool. In the winter. Granted, my winter wasn't like yours, but sometimes the puddles would freeze overnight. And we only ever swam in outdoor pools. So sorry if I don't have any sympathy for your brutal 8 am summer swim test.

Two years later I decided I didn't want to be a top-level swimmer after all.
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    One day I took my sims to a date in the festival and as soon as they got there I saw this happening in the background...
    qmnudPo.jpg
    If I'm not mistaken the one in Morgana's arms is Simis Bachelor... maybe she finally found out about Thornton's affair? but what about Jocasta?! :hushed:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    Oh, goody! I finally have a chance to do the seven-miles-through-the-snow-uphill-both-ways routine!

When I was twelve, morning practice started at 5, and we had to be there 15 minutes early to take the covers off the pool. In the winter. Granted, my winter wasn't like yours, but sometimes the puddles would freeze overnight. And we only ever swam in outdoor pools. So sorry if I don't have any sympathy for your brutal 8 am summer swim test.

Two years later I decided I didn't want to be a top-level swimmer after all.
    We're not on the same sides of the spectrum here. The classes were outdoors, the pool was heated but not very well and at least the sun was up by then, I was almost 16 (not 12), and if I had taken any more of those classes after that birthday then I could have become a certified lifeguard. Beginner, Intermediate, Swimmer, and Advanced Swimmer, etc. are American Red Cross certified skill levels. Another fun part of the test was the 30-minute swim (no touching the sides, must demonstrate every stroke we were taught at least once throughout). Or was it 45 minutes, it was too long ago to remember the details. That one I didn't find so difficult and it was easier to practice for.

I think most kids who went to summer camp got these kinds of lessons there if they wanted them; I was a late bloomer.

Although I still rode my bike everywhere at the time, that represented the end of my athletic skill building career. In college, I took jogging and bowling for Phys Ed and found those to be exhausting enough. :p

Yes, it would be awesome if our sims could take swimming lessons either solo from another sim or in groups.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I never once took a single swimming lesson. I remember at one summer camp there was a pool with a diving board, and because I couldn't swim I had to wear a life jacket in the pool. Going off the diving board: Fun! Hitting the water head first while wearing a life preserver: Not Fun!

I wanted to use the diving board again, without having to wear a life jacket. So I quite literally taught myself how to swim. And I'm not the only one in my family to do so. My mom taught herself to swim because during summer camping trips the lake had a raft in the deeper water with a tire swing, and she wanted to use that swing.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I saw this teen just casually walking around like this. I think she was trick-or-treating. If not... then i'm scared.

jmLmHxv.jpg
  • Options
    This is not so much a case of townies doing something funny. It's more of a case of townies going through a gloomy melodrama about an estranged marriage. But I love how much sense it made!

While my Sunset Valley household was sleeping, I was watching the cemetery because I wanted to see if any family ghosts would appear. It was already past midnight when this townie in a police uniform entered the cemetery, walked to the hedge on the side overlooking the city, and stood there staring into the distance and thinking about marriage.

95yL4o1.jpg

A little bit later, an elder lady started walking towards him. She had the same surname. I checked with Master Controller - yes, she was his wife!

AGjRYB6.jpg

She stood beside him. Neither of them said a word, but they were both thinking how tired they were.

qJzBNom.jpg

Still in silence, she walked away.

CEvhyNT.jpg

I stopped taking screenshots at that point, but the husband eventually left the cemetery by himself, and the wife remained there alone, think about how she's scared of clowns.
  • Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    edited August 2019
    I had two twin teens in my household, and everyone was like a level 3 celebrity.
    Anyway, about 2am rolls around and I start hearing a camera going off..

So I scroll towards the front door, and see a frickin paparazzi run through the front door, and directly into the girls room. Paparazzi dude then begins taking photos of them, WHILE they're SLEEPING. 😂
    I know I posted the pics here before, I'll have to see if I can find them.
  • Options
    Sometimes when NRAAS SP notifies me that a townie is doing something, I click on their portrait to see if I can see it happening.

SP notified me that two townie teens, Ameer Ansari and Callie Vernon, had just started dating. I clicked on Callie's portrait and I'm so glad I did because what I saw was hilarious (but those two poor teens are going to need so much therapy).

The date was at the Sunset Valley stadium. This is Callie arriving - and in the background, those are her overprotective parents who have decided to come with her.

uuTxhMY.jpg

And here is Ameer, waiting for her. He isn't alone either - he is carrying his toddler sister Genevieve.

L4gS6sO.jpg

Callie didn't approach Ameer immediately. She stood a little bit away - but her parents walked up to her and creepily stared at her. "I'm having so much fun!" her dad was thinking.

MzIMcq7.jpg

Finally, the two teens started flirting - but with one baby sister and two parents watching them from, like, a few inches away!

ekVsO4a.jpg
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »

ekVsO4a.jpg

:D LOL! And it seems that he isn´t convinced that the boy is really good for his little daughter! And mum looks as if she is reminded of her own teenage affairs... ;)
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    The Grim Reaper’s done a few weird things... including jumping into a pool one of my families had, robes and all, and bouncing on a trampoline in a park I’d created.
    Aside from that, I don’t really take much notice of townies.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2020
    Hello everyone, I went ahead and reopened this thread.

~EA_Joz
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Yay!

I left my musician perform for tips at the park and gave attention to my horsewoman for a few minutes. When I came back, the park had become a party.

49521128183_65d42b2be4_c.jpg

LOL