Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think we are in the final years of sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I actually have a feeling that University is the last expansion pack.

Oh please don't get my hopes up <3
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,234 Member

It's not they sad they have few more years, and next year will be the best.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    don't know really
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited October 2019
    My only concern with Sims 5 is that even if it has by default features we've been missing out from previous iterations like Open World, Color Wheel and Create a World, the fact is the base game is going to be as content starved as ever to push out loads of GP/EPs later on and quite frankly it will probably be 3-4 years before it has content comparable to current TS4, if even.

So it's not just a matter of 5 being announced or even released, it will still be YEARS before it's anything close to 4 content wise.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

SimsBro wrote: »
    My only concern with Sims 5 is that even if it has by default features we've been missing out from previous iterations like Open World, Color Wheel and Create a World, the fact is the base game is going to be as content starved as ever to push out loads of GP/EPs later on and quite frankly it will probably be 3-4 years before it has content comparable to current TS4, if even.

So it's not just a matter of 5 being announced or even released, it will still be YEARS before it's anything close to 4 content wise.

indeed, because of this the sims 5 need be epic and back features of old generations for call attentions of fans and customers. i really hope the base game of five will be expansive and liberator, mixing the concepts of 4 with 3.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I think that next year might be the last full year of TS4. Maybe a bit more to be rinsed out after but TS4 is past its sale by date and most players are ready to move on :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    TS4 content is planned to mid-2022 at a minimum. Anyone who thinks TS4 will end before that is purely wishful thinking. SimGuruDuke also taunted about “5 more years” of TS4, which I think is the upper limit of how long TS4 will last. My guess is that last TS4 pack will be released somewhere between mid-2022 to mid-2024.

Well said!☺
  • Options
    That old joke !

Every year is the last year...

I never said it's the last year.Im saying we're in the final years of four.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,312 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes, just the end of the part 1 : Stuff Pack era.

Rebranding The Sims 4 is the beginning of the part 2 : Expansion Pack era.

pH4G1R1H83DBM.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    I don't think Sims 4 is going to last forever .How things we're run this year We got two expansion packs, and two game pack this year .Also we got Occultss in two expansion packs. Mermaids in Island living, robots in University. The next years will be the same. They're going to keep making more big packs and add stuff from the previous game .Than Sims 5 will be announced.

We also got a Stuffpack this year.
  • Options

I doubt it. People are begging for a Farming and Generations Pack and I'd love to see a Romance and Themepark Pack done as well. And keep in mind I think there will be more Stuffpacks as well but maybe only one sp a year so they can concentrate on expansions and gamepacks.
  • Options
    There is still way too much missing to end TS4 antime soon

Missing
    A Chemistry and Attraction System
    Slowdancing
    Cars
    Photobooths
    Murphy Beds
    Pool Tables
    Pool Slides

So much more I dont have time to list.
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    I'm excited that they said 2020 is going to be the biggest year yet. That may mean more than what we received this year quantity wise.
  • Options

Missing
    Slowdancing
    Cars
    Photobooths
    Murphy Beds
    Pool Tables
    Pool Slides

So much more I don't have time to list.

Cars probably are never coming, neither is a chemistry or attraction system. The ready can be add in the span of two years.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Yes, just the end of the part 1 : Stuff Pack era.

Rebranding The Sims 4 is the beginning of the part 2 : Expansion Pack era.

pH4G1R1H83DBM.png
    This many packs yet such an empty game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd be disappointed if they leave us with only two vacation worlds.

Honestly, if they stop at University, I'm going to have some distrust about moving onto Sims 5. I'm sure Sims 5 will happen, that hasn't really been in doubt, but I'm not in the rush to go buying the same content again in a new format.

They may surprise us with a really flexible decision like a new open-ended gameplay where we can port our existing sims through Origin into the new game platform. I might eventually be on board with that. I'd also be ok with a rebranding that works with compatible content but introduces new gameplay features. That might actually be ideal.

I don't necessarily think that killing a whole version of the series is the best format. In the past, it probably had to do with technology moving on and computers changing. Now, with Origin, older versions are still accessible. No, I wasn't someone who wanted to end TS3 for TS4, I only moved on later. I think a transition is better than a hard break with that transition addressing areas of improvement like reactions, more randomness and more to do.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    I'm excited that they said 2020 is going to be the biggest year yet. That may mean more than what we received this year quantity wise.

They did? I didn't hear that.
  • Options

Missing
    Slowdancing
    Cars
    Photobooths
    Murphy Beds
    Pool Tables
    Pool Slides

Cars probably are never coming, neither is a chemistry or attraction system. The ready can be add in the span of two years.

We got boats and we'll have bikes in Uni so cars are probably coming. Also I believe we'll get a romance gamepack so I"m expecting a chemistry and attraction system. Sims 2 and 3 had one why not Sims 4?
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    A Sims5 won't be on my wish list unless EA drops support for older systems. The Sims series cannot continue if EA doesn't catch up with the technology that's available now. Technology continually evolves, yet the Sims series is years behind in how it utilizes that new technology. Sims4 was created to be easily adapted to mobile and console gaming platforms. EA made several attempts at creating cross platform markets for the Sims series for years, and Sims4 finally made that possible. Now we are seeing many console games being released for the PC and moblie markets as well.

Sims5 will probably be released across all platforms, at about the same time. Logistically speaking, that requires a lot of time, money and people. So Sims5 will take a bit longer to develop, and might be why Sims4 will have a longer lifespan than the previous iterations. The longer EA takes to bring Sims5 to life, the more packs and basegame updates we will see for Sims4. Given the fact some of us aren't over the moon about the last few packs because of certain flaws, and lack of new gameplay features, I suspect a lot of what is in store for Sims4 going forward, won't be particularly groundbreaking. But the updates, hopefully, will help to keep players excited about the game.

Sims5 is coming. I have no doubt that is true. My one concern is the current state of Sims4. Because it's the game we are playing now. It's the one we have invested a lot of time and money into, and I'm not finished with it yet. It's finally capable of capturing my attention and keeping me entertained for hours on end. After the very busy months of spring and summer, with winter knocking at the door, I am extremely happy I have Sims4 to help get me through the months ahead. But if EA wants to dip into my wallet any time before February, the teams need to bring something exciting to the table before that happens.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,312 Member
    edited October 2019

Missing
    Slowdancing
    Cars
    Photobooths
    Murphy Beds
    Pool Tables
    Pool Slides

Yes and no.

Yes, there will be no car in the existing worlds but like Apartment and Beach, Maxis got the idea of a specific world for Road Trip.
  • Options

Missing
    Slowdancing
    Cars
    Photobooths
    Murphy Beds
    Pool Tables
    Pool Slides

So much more I dont have time to list.

I agree with you cat
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Final year.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Final year.

don't think so @Dannydanbo
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Final year.

don't think so @Dannydanbo

They said a couple of years age that they still had a couple of years worth of ideas. What else is there to add that can't be added next year?