Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think we are in the final years of sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    There is still way too much missing to end TS4 antime soon

Missing
    A Chemistry and Attraction System
    Slowdancing
    Cars
    Photobooths
    Murphy Beds
    Pool Tables
    Pool Slides

So much more I dont have time to list.

I don't really think half of the list will become a reality.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Final year.

don't think so @Dannydanbo

They said a couple of years age that they still had a couple of years worth of ideas. What else is there to add that can't be added next year?

They said this year that they plan 3 years ahead for the development schedule and have 5 years' worth of ideas to add to the game.

Final year is a nice wish but I highly doubt it is, short of something super critical happening to make it so.

They probably said that they have 5 years of ideas that MIGHT be added, not WILL be added. There's a difference.

Which means that there are things that CAN be added beyond next year. I didn't say they will.

An important thing to point out would be just because they can keep adding content doesn't mean they should.
    Technical-Department.png

I can understand why they'd be terrified. The Sims 4 Bug page on EA's website has 68 unresolved issues on the first 3 pages. It has 166 pages.
    A small part of the formally acknowledged bug section currently looks like this and there are far more that haven't been addressed yet. Some issues that are marked as fixed actually aren't, like irremovable basement floors. A lot of these bugs might be little things but they all add up to form a mountain of frustration that siphons a lot of fun and/or immersion out of the game.
    Current-Bugs.png

It's completely unreadable due to its size, but this is what every unaddressed reported bug in The Sims 4 currently looks like. Every EP, GP, SP, mode of play and feature, taken from EA's help site.

Bugs-Tho.png

And people keep on sayin' how smooth and stable TS4 is but I don't see it. Simulation lag is the worst & it takes forever to cancel an interaction. TS2 is waaay smoother & I personally see more bugs with TS4 than TS3. But hey, if they want to stick with TS4 why not? It's gonna be the first test on how many time can a company sell a game with thousand of bugs and still have people to buy it while affirming it's bug free. 🤷
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited November 2019
    Nothing surprising, all the publishers get a tons of issues to fix.
    Everything is so complex it becomes humanly impossible to do something good.

At least unlike TS2 and TS3, they face the issues and try to fix the most they can instead of fleeing.

The Sims 5 will follow the same path (more complex, more issues).
  • Options

At least unlike TS2 and TS3, they face the issues and try to fix the most they can instead of fleeing.

But still these games have less bugs than TS4. I think at the end of TS4 it's gonna be worse than TS3 (eventho I barely have any problems in TS3). If these past games had monthly patch they would be bug free, unlike TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I don’t know if we are quite there yet but I think TS4 still has a lot of options that haven’t been developed yet. I’m sure TS5 will come if there is enough demand for it. I also do think TS4 could be the last sims generation of the series as there is only so many things you can do.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    They seem to be slacking way more than usual so I think so too
  • Options
    Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2019

There are still bugs present from Get to Work...which came out almost 5 years ago...

Try to fix the issues instead of fleeing? Let’s see how this post looks in three (or so) years when EA pivots to Sims 5 and leaves Sims 4 in the dust like they did with the ones before it. They may even shove it under the bus for its bugginess like they do with 2 and 3 to promote 4.

To be fair, this process isn’t unique to Maxis. EA abandons all of their games regardless of state when it’s time to make more money.
  • Options
    Barbie430 wrote: »

There are still bugs present from Get to Work...which came out almost 5 years ago...

Try to fix the issues instead of fleeing? Let’s see how this post looks in three (or so) years when EA pivots to Sims 5 and leaves Sims 4 in the dust like they did with the ones before it. They may even shove it under the bus for its bugginess like they do with 2 and 3 to promote 4.

To be fair, this process isn’t unique to Maxis. EA abandons all of their games regardless of state when it’s time to make more money.

And I'm sure they'll admit how poor and rushed TS4 was to promote TS5.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @Jordan061102

I'm not agree. Unlike TS3, my game never crashed in 5 years, TS3 crashed 2 or 3 times each time I played.

@Barbie430

Sure, one day they will abandon TS4 and move forward to a worse mess titled The Sims 5.

But as SimGuruDuke said, as long as there are many players who request for more content they will keep on releasing new packs.
    So the majority of players want a longer life for The Sims 4.

Actually the strategy of EA is "listen to the players" .
  • Options
    Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    @Jordan061102

I'm not agree. Unlike TS3, my game never crashed in 5 years, TS3 crashed 2 or 3 times each time I played.

@Barbie430

Sure, one day they will abandon TS4 and move forward to a worse mess titled The Sims 5.

But as SimGuruDuke said, as long as there are many players who request for more content they will keep on releasing new packs.

Anthem, Mass Effect Andromeda, and Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 (and even The Sims) players would like to have a word about EA’s supposed strategy of “listening to the players” 😆

I’m sure the devs would like to continue to release new packs and I’m sure a lot of players want Sims 4 to go on for 5+ years, just like some wanted 1 or 2 or 3 to get more content. However, EA (not Maxis or the devs) controls when the development cycle ends. And the past has shown that games left behind usually aren’t polished off before they close the doors. Why? Because it is a waste of time and resources (to them) that could be put toward making something new to make more money to please investors (the true strategy).

An interesting test to how long The Sims 4 will remain in development may come next holiday season when the next generation consoles release. Whether or not they update and re-release the game on new consoles could gage its remaining lifespan if we’re not informed sooner.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited November 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »
    TS4 content is planned to mid-2022 at a minimum. Anyone who thinks TS4 will end before that is purely wishful thinking. SimGuruDuke also taunted about “5 more years” of TS4, which I think is the upper limit of how long TS4 will last. My guess is that last TS4 pack will be released somewhere between mid-2022 to mid-2024.

Well unless you work at Maxis you really don’t know. 🤷‍♀️ It was said years ago ‘Sims 4 had 3 years left’ then it was said again it has years left. But in reality, we don’t know when Sims 4 will end or if there will even be a Sims 5....
    Post edited by AquaGamer1212 on
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Jordan061102

@Barbie430

I don't know why anyone would take what Duke said without a grain of salt. Not because he doesn't believe they can go on five more years and have five more years of ideas, (maybe they do) but it's not how this series work and it won't continue to work that way. When TS5 or whatever is done it won't matter how many good, bad or great ideas they have left they may have wanted to do, they will announce TS5 (EA) and end TS4. And this is the fourth time they have said the very same thing...they have many ideas and will keep going until the fans are no longer there...it won't matter when they announce TS5.

We know they are building something so it won't matter if they have fifteen new pack ideas they won't all be done once they are ready to spring TS5 on the market. Five more years is and has always been a pipe dream.

As far as many bugs left unfixed in the older games, the only bug remaining unfixed in TS2 that bothers everyone is the OFB bug where Sims dressed in assigned uniforms and makeup etc. don't get those enhancements and revert back to a default Sim. And possibly the game design failure of M&G causing the game to state stairs can't be placed next to wall. All others are a direct result of player/user choices and how they cause any route failure and or bugs is on them, not Maxis. Point of that, no, Maxis didn't used to just leave games hanging with hundreds of bugs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @Cinebar

I agree.

Probably I will never understand why people are hurry to get an empty basegame as if EA will suddenly do a miracle.
    After Mass Effect Andromeda, we thought EA learnt the lesson but Anthem was worse.

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm excited about a new game that has the potential to better than the game we have now. It's not even that the sims 4 is a bad game. I actually love a lot of things about the sims 4 but it's also lacking in so many areas. I wish they would fix the sims personalities, and that they would add more things for all life stages. I hate that babies are objects and the list goes on. The sims 5 means they have a chance to fix these big problems I have with the sims 4 by giving the sims the best personalities we've had yet, by making each life stage stand out and have their own personalities, by going back to the basics and making our sims interact with the sims and the world around them instead of just objects. So although I know the sims 5 base game will not have all the things the sims 4 has now it will have (hopefully) a better foundation to work from.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    @auroraael14

I understand your point of view but it looks like a miracle.

It's something complex which requires resources but EA looks for a low budget development, both wishes are not compatible.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Cinebar

I agree.

Probably I will never understand why people are hurry to get an empty basegame as if EA will suddenly do a miracle.
    After Mass Effect Andromeda, we thought EA learnt the lesson but Anthem was worse.

We've been drinking the kool-aid for a very long time. ;) We not only believe it for TS5 but any other game title we have played from EA, next time will always be better. There might be hidden gifs (subliminal messages) in the games, that make us believe it. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Jordan061102

@Barbie430

Different people with different PCs, systems I guess.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I would think so if it wasn't for the whole rebrand thing. I doesn't make sense to rebrand the franchise if its not going on for 2 more years at least.

Also, I don't think Sims 5 is coming any time soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Last transcript of Q2 2020 financial results

Andrew Wilson - Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO & Director :
    The Sims 4 also continues to be an incredible long-term live service with a growing audience. Monthly average players are up more than 40% year-over-year in The Sims 4, and engagement across the franchise has led The Sims to surpass $5 billion in lifetime sales. The Sims continues to be one of the great franchise in gaming, and we have plans to bring new experiences to its amazing players for a long time to come.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    TS4 will continue to grow until the potential is no longer there or the people lose interest. What ever comes first.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Didn't they just re-brand this game less than 6 months ago? They wouldn't have wasted the time and money to pay people to come up with the new colours and logos if they were going to shut this game down in the next year or so. :/ orrrr... maybe they would... I also thought I heard them say they were doing the whole re-brand to show that there was some time and years left on TS4?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Didn't they just re-brand this game less than 6 months ago? They wouldn't have wasted the time and money to pay people to come up with the new colours and logos if they were going to shut this game down in the next year or so. :/ orrrr... maybe they would... I also thought I heard them say they were doing the whole re-brand to show that there was some time and years left on TS4?

I say final year's.As in two to three more.That is still longer than any games life span.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

I say final year's.As in two to three more.That is still longer than any games life span.

You did, I was more addressing those that are saying it was final year. Even 2 or 3 years is probably too short. However, they could pull the plug whenever if they see it's losing money (I highly doubt it's losing anything though, even with all the disgruntled fans).

I remember thinking too when they announced the re-brand that they were crazy... They might have 3-6 years left or whatever they think, but I'm not sure the fans have that much time left in them to hang around...
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    The Sims Online was re-branded as EA-Land before being shutdown 6 months later...

EA is also able to do that. Sure, this situation was different.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    The Sims Online was re-branded EA-Land before being shutdown 6 months later...

EA is also able to do that. Sure, this situation was different.

OMG I remember that <3
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    edited November 2019
    TS4 will continue to grow until the potential is no longer there or the people lose interest. What ever comes first.

Keep in mind also that sequels are NOT a must. They don't have to follow upgrade/version trends of other games or devices. Sims 5 may be 5 years out. Especially now that console gamers are just now getting immersed in it, they'd be smart to make the most money from this game with bug fixes and completing content ideas.

That's just ROI. Why would they move on from a project that still has more money to make for an non-guaranteed community receptive 5th version? Sims 5 could be the worst. Just think of all the new games you purchase hoping it's going to be the ultimate and it ends up being a disappointment.

At least this game is stable and we kinda have some level of expectation on future content, gameplay, style and trends. I'll take a game I can see versus a game that may suck.