Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think we are in the final years of sims 4.

Comments

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Sims 4 is far from stable.The game has a lot of bugs.Why Sims 5.Because Ea wants to make money.Because computers change.The game will become dated
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sims 4 is far from stable.The game has a lot of bugs.Why Sims 5.Because Ea wants to make money.Because computers change.The game will become dated

Some games stay in rotation for several years regardless of the latest and greatest technology (think PC and console MMOs). Changing a game based on technology that changes every quarter is hardly wise. Oh and they're still making money, thus the extension of support for it. To each its own but for the folks that are just tired of Sims 4, I'm afraid the wait for the next release may be longer than you anticipated.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Oh and they're still making money, thus the extension of support for it.

They’re not just still making money. They’re making more money than ever with TS4. TS4’s yearly revenue has grown every single fiscal year since the game’s launch in 2014, and it’s on track to grow even higher in fiscal year 2020.

Island Living for example was already one of the best selling EPs just one month after its release. Why? The biggest reason is that there are simply more people playing TS4 in 2019 than there were in 2018. According to EA, 40% more active players were playing TS4 in July-September 2019 compared to the same quarter in 2018. And 2018 was already a major increase in active player count over 2017. More people playing the game means that more people are buying the packs, which is why TS4’s revenue has been growing every year.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Oh and they're still making money, thus the extension of support for it.

They’re not just still making money. They’re making more money than ever with TS4. TS4’s yearly revenue has grown every single fiscal year since the game’s launch in 2014, and it’s on track to grow even higher in fiscal year 2020.

Island Living for example was already one of the best selling EPs just one month after its release. Why? The biggest reason is that there are simply more people playing TS4 in 2019 than there were in 2018. According to EA, 40% more active players were playing TS4 in July-September 2019 compared to the same quarter in 2018. And 2018 was already a major increase in active player count over 2017. More people playing the game means that more people are buying the packs, which is why TS4’s revenue has been growing every year.

And another note, the Sims series has grossed over 5 billion for EA. TS5 is nowhere in sight right now, until they mention or announce it, which won't happen until things slow down community wise.

As long as they keep creating new things that people want, it might not stop. It kind of reminds me of Grand Theft Auto V. People are crying and moaning wanting GTA 6, but GTA Online just has too much gross potential for a new game to be a focus. They need all hands on deck to handle creativity and to keep the traffic coming for the huge monetary trade off. Same thing here. They have to follow the trends and ride the wave.
    edited November 2019
    And they are putting it back on Steam in the upcoming months......Sims 5....don't hold your breath. They are going where the money is. They are watching the players. I look forward to their next edition but it will be SEVERAL years from now.
  • PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    Sooo, if EA follows the trend that started with Sims 4, Sims 5 will have even FEWER features and be even more boring.
  • breanna206breanna206 Posts: 53 Member
    I have mixed feelings about TS4 ending. I've found it to be actually fun with the expansions but can definitely see why people would be wanting 4 to end...
  • PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    Just bought a copy of Sims 4 because I thought I should give it a chance.

Can someone here explain to me how this qualifies as an improvement over sims 3? Fewer personality traits, closed tiny world, and the alleged slide bars on my Mac barely move, so it's impossible for me to customize my sims. How are fewer choices a plus?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2019

They also want to push new technologies (cross platform, cloud gaming, AI, ...) to seduce the investors.
    And they are putting it back on Steam in the upcoming months......Sims 5....don't hold your breath. They are going where the money is. They are watching the players. I look forward to their next edition but it will be SEVERAL years from now.

So, they have sims 3 on steam
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sims 5 will become a FaceBook game and you'll be able to play the in-depth game through FaceBook. :D
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don’t believe the sims 4 will last another five years. Don’t believe it for a second. The devs are not going to announce “Oh by the way the game is ending in February”. At this point with their dlc they are selling hope. And by announcing anything that hints at an end, that hope will die as people realise they may not get everything they want and that the game won’t improve. The game is five years old and I still see people say “It has potential”. It’s a five year old game. The potential ship sailed a long, long time ago. This is the sims 4, take it or leave it. Nothing will change at this stage.

I think Grant Rodiek is working on a sims 5. (God help us) I think the sims 4 will last to 2021 at a push.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2019
    I don’t believe the sims 4 will last another five years. Don’t believe it for a second. The devs are not going to announce “Oh by the way the game is ending in February”. At this point with their dlc they are selling hope. And by announcing anything that hints at an end, that hope will die as people realise they may not get everything they want and that the game won’t improve. The game is five years old and I still see people say “It has potential”. It’s a five year old game. The potential ship sailed a long, long time ago. This is the sims 4, take it or leave it. Nothing will change at this stage.

I think Grant Rodiek is working on a sims 5. (God help us) I think the sims 4 will last to 2021 at a push.

5 years of wasted potential, for sure.

I don't even care when the Sims 5 is coming. They better take their time instead of rushing another half baked mess out the door.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

5 years of wasted potential, for sure.

I don't even care when the Sims 5 is coming. They better take their time instead of rushing another half baked mess out the door.

I agree with this, I don't want to see another base game without swimming pools, basements, ghosts or toddlers. They should also think about including some features in base game so they can explore entirely new expansion ideas. If we start with pets and seasons, that's two potential packs out of the way (for example) and room for new ideas. By now I'm over the pack re-do's. Why am I buying 5 different installments of the same stuff but watered down? I used to buy stuff the day it came out or pre-ordered. Now I know what I am getting based on previous sims games and based on this version it's lacking so I'm waiting for sales. I'd like to be excited again but that's not going to happen with this installment anymore. Not unless they make some critical changes to the core of the game but that would be too hard for them to go back on now.

Origin ID: Peapod79
    edited November 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Sims 5 will become a FaceBook game and you'll be able to play the in-depth game through FaceBook. :D

No way, Facebook is outdated
    I'm kinda glad paralives will come with seasons, and pets .I hope Sims 5 will be the same.I don't mind paying a extra for that.
    edited November 2019
    I'm kinda glad paralives will come with seasons, and pets .

... until EA acquires this studio... this guy :p

The big fish always eats the small fish.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Was sims 4 announced at any point before Into the Future released? Just curious to know the gap between the last expansion of sims 3 and the start of the sims 4.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Was sims 4 announced at any point before Into the Future released? Just curious to know the gap between the last expansion of sims 3 and the start of the sims 4.

Yup, a few months.
    TS4 was announced May 2013, Into the Future released October that year, TS4 came out September 2014.

Going by that, even if they announce TS5 a few months before the *next* EP (since they haven't yet), it'll be announced sometime next year at the earliest - could be January if there's a June EP or May/June if there's a November EP & the game itself wouldn't likely to to be out before mid to late 2021.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

No way, Facebook is outdated

That was the point. Plus, I'm old and out dated. :D
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I'm kinda glad paralives will come with seasons, and pets .I hope Sims 5 will be the same.I don't mind paying a extra for that.

I have looked at Paralives. It looks alright but quite cartoonish. Not sure if that will spoil any potential gameplay but my hopes for a future Sims game would be for it to look more realistic
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member

I don't think EA would want to do another Facebook game after the Sims FB game failed. EA is smart enough to know that lots of people would rather play Sims on PCs,Macs and consoles...the studio isn't going to risk losing money with another boring Facebook game.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2019
    I would say the sims 4 definitely has all of next year they wouldnt go through all the trouble rebranding it to just end it next year and I do also think all of 2021, I dont believe it's more than that, we've almost got all of the high requested old packs, me personally dont think everything from the past games will make it back, they will probably add a generations pack and holiday pack from the older games, Then the rest of the time making packs they havent done before, which I hope they do me personally
    edited November 2019
    At least it's the end of The Sims 3.

Finally EA removed it from The Sims menu in Origin Store and TS3 pages were removed from thesims.com .
    At least it's the end of The Sims 3.

Finally EA removed it from The Sims menu in Origin Store and TS3 pages were removed from thesims.com .

That's not true there still selling it on Orgin, and the store pages are still there.