Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life state would you want to see in the game?

Definitely not inspired by the Twitter polls, hehe.
Here we can have all 8 of them in one poll.

What life state would you want to see in the game? 244 votes

Witches
56%
Dannydanboauroraael14CK213icmnfrshJeanGRIMMYrudy8292brackencat31Lomelindi7overonVkittyPlayerSinger2010imhappyVibseWritin_RegAlrynnTinkerballBloosmooSuccySnuffyBucket 139 votes
Mermaids
11%
Kita5399IceyJCynnaDJQ1308DarcVader1JoAnne65JennyggmikawagAlbaWaterhousemariajane216MaggieMarleyLatinaBunnyrobiokosVentusMattchocbookTomatplanteOliiveSimsQuisChibbi2HarlowandMe 28 votes
Werewolves
9%
TheLibrarySimLadyDecaffruitsbasket101CinebarThangwenCeCeDotjcp011c2GrandRailKniga_SitaraSajahivanilleonsimsK4siesannaliese39MovottiChadSims2MasonGamerLiELFSilentKittyGelysenafai1261 22 votes
Genie
1%
LittlBowBubChambersNTeslachick2 3 votes
Imaginary friend
4%
rambahadoerelizbiz87domina89thatsnotswegEternaltricksterListentoToppDoggalright_nameMattDShannon0206queenvortex808 10 votes
Robots
7%
IcewolfIObellesimmietimeelelunicybixterslexus20BreazonaFreezerBunnyCowplantTheGoodOldGamerkeylimepiesimsAuronoiChieftainJojoMOMSTERSimDestroyerRae357skelebeeLady_BalloraLight511gingerale0811 18 votes
Zombies
1%
Bagoas77SassycottonThemrsg4422 3 votes
Fairies
8%
Montrase102SimpkinMoon_WillowluthienrisingldmarkoKirbySkywalkerLizzychicagoDaemonPawsQueenMercyByondTime89EnkiSchmidtAbraKadabracomicsforlifeBbearZinniavanillaRedSunBluesTrinaboswell29Brindletonalisong0721EMZ_1 21 votes

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Mermaids
    I chose my fave number one mermaid, of course, but....arghhh.... I love fairies, witches, and werewolves, too.

Oh, yeah, I’ll bet witches are going to win again. I would be shocked if they didn’t, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Werewolves
    Really none but if I had to pick it would be werewolves for a body hair update.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Fairies
    I want to see fairies, especially if they don’t change plant sims. I honestly don’t want being a witch to be a separate lifestate since I would prefer it to be something you have to seek out instead of a Potterish “You’re a wizard, Xzavier!” thing. Aliens have very little special about them, let them learn magic too (I know there’s a mod.)
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2018
    Mermaids
    I want mermaids. I was disappointed in them in TS3, I am not going to lie, but I think that they could be so improved for TS4. We could have an entirely underwater world just for mermaids (in my mimd’s eye I have Ariel’s home from the little mermaid), underwater pets like dolphins, new powers, beaches, snorkeling/scuba diving, swimmable oceans.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Mermaids
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I want to see fairies, especially if they don’t change plant sims.

Fairies are my number two or number three (if angels are involved) fav supernatural being, so if mermaids weren’t there, I would have voted fairies.

I played a lot with both mermaids and fairies in Sims 3.

(She/her)
  • Options
    pointefulpointeful Posts: 36 Member
    Witches
    I'm typical and chose witches. >w< I just love magic and think that creating sims who are magical or teaching my already existing sims some magic (I'm new tot he sims franchise with the Sims 4 and thus don't know anything about any life states in the other iterations of the game, so pardon any inaccuracies I make!) would be SOSO cool!

In fact, I got so excited over the idea of witches that I made a coven in CAS for if/whenever witches come around! So I'm excited for that. I wanna make some spooky sim beans! ^U^
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Mermaids
    Haha! It’s almost like it’s happening again (witches first once again), lol.

It’s all good. I love the witches! :smiley:

*cheers* Let’s go, wiit-ches, let’s go! *clapclap*

I’m so creating a Charmed or Sabrina Teenage witch. I like domestic suburban-esque witches. I’ve played one in Sims 3. (I have no clue how to get a witch in Sims 2, though. Gotta check that out one day.)

I would assume they would provide witches with a variety of powers similar to the vamps.
    pointeful wrote: »
    I'm typical and chose witches. >w< I just love magic and think that creating sims who are magical or teaching my already existing sims some magic (I'm new tot he sims franchise with the Sims 4 and thus don't know anything about any life states in the other iterations of the game, so pardon any inaccuracies I make!) would be SOSO cool!

In fact, I got so excited over the idea of witches that I made a coven in CAS for if/whenever witches come around! So I'm excited for that. I wanna make some spooky sim beans! ^U^

*high-fives* Aw, yeah, that’s awesome! :grin:

Witches are gonna be so good, if the Vampires pack is anything to go by. :blush:

ETA: Oh, I think witches will take the hugest chunk of the vote again, hehe. :grin:
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Werewolves
    I want werewolves because my vampires need pets friends.

I also want witches.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Witches
    I want witches back really badly, mostly because I think they would be super fun in this version of the Sims, but ... I do have a secret fondness for the poor, unloved genies.
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Witches
    Witches yoh.

I'd be interested in fairies and mermaids only if we could also get 'darker' versions of them, ie mermaids as sirens/the anglerfish but for people and fairies as mischievous, capricious, potentially dangerous like the Unseelie or changelings.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Imaginary friend
    i would like to see most of them but imiganiry friends i found so much fun because they added a challenge of bringin them to life but with lifestates like imaginary friends, mermaids,zombies and genies i don't feel like they should have a pack dedicated to them like vampires there is not enough gameplay for them witches,werewolves,robots and fairies however could have their own pack i just hope to see most of them at some point incl updated plantsims
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Mermaids
    Interesting to see the results... I think having all 8 kind of stretches the results (and maybe the forums don’t have enough people like Twitter?), but hey, werewolves seemed to get more votes this time around, awesome! :smile:

The rest of the results are unsurprising. Witches wins again, and mermaids and fairies also have their fans. :smile:

ETA: I’ll have to look at the Twitter polls again and compare. I wonder how the zombies, robots, imaginary friends, and genies fared on all of the polls?
    (She/her)
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Witches
    Interesting to see the results... I think having all 8 kind of stretches the results (and maybe the forums don’t have enough people like Twitter?), but hey, werewolves seemed to get more votes this time around, awesome! :smile:

The rest of the results are unsurprising. Witches wins again, and mermaids and fairies also have their fans. :smile:

ETA: I’ll have to look at the Twitter polls again and compare. I wonder how the zombies, robots, imaginary friends, and genies fared on all of the polls?

I really think if they had werewolves in the 2nd poll then the results would have been higher. I think a lot of people's 2nd choice to witches was werewolves!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited July 2018
    Witches

I really think if they had werewolves in the 2nd poll then the results would have been higher. I think a lot of people's 2nd choice to witches was werewolves!

Well, it still wouldn't faired well against Witches in the second poll as well. ;) If Witches didn't exist in the poll, Werewolves would have had a much higher percentage because so many have said they would choose them as their second most wanted Occult.
    Fairies would also have done better if not pitted against Witches because from the comments I've read here, on Twitter and some fan sites, some of the Witch crew would prefer them next.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Werewolves
    I'm more ready for Werewolves.

the thought of "Witches" just makes me cringe, No Making Magic, No Apartment Life, no Supernatural, I say throw away the original concept of the "Witch" Life State and redesign it completely. The thought of witches being reintroduced, I have my doubts that I once again won't be able to make a Sorcerer out of a Witch.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Witches
    Anmirla wrote: »

Well, it still wouldn't faired well against Witches in the second poll as well. ;) If Witches didn't exist in the poll, Werewolves would have had a much higher percentage because so many have said they would choose them as their second most wanted Occult.
    Fairies would also have done better if not pitted against Witches because from the comments I've read here, on Twitter and some fan sites, some of the Witch crew would prefer them next.

What I mean is if they had traded Imaginary Friend and werewolves in the tournament style polls, I think werewolves would have won out in that round of polls.potentially over mermaids, but people are really hoping for a lot with more water plays.
    I know witches would still come in first overall. They are definitely my favorite supernatural!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Fairies
    Fairies for me, because they're magical, quirky, varied in lore, and a bit different from doing witches. But I'd play witches too :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves would be one of the two I would buy. I have no interest in any of the others except Zombies, and even then only for specific uses, like limiting them to certain worlds if we could. I only want zombies in a zombie apocalypse world, not everywhere.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Mermaids
    Well, Witches still winning, but we can see that it’s a tight race between Werewolves, Fairies, and Mermaids! (Aw, no love for the Genies.)

So I can see why the Gurus prefer doing these polls on Twitter. This poll so far only had maybe... 100-something votes?

While on Twitter, each portion of the supernatural poll got close to 30,000 votes!

So I can accept why the devs communicate some info mostly through Twitter; there are more simmers that respond on social media. I’m glad to have to created a Twitter account recently, so I was able to vote in some portions of that Twitter supernatural poll. Now with Twitter account, I can now keep up with those who extra little bits of Sims news! And maybe vote in more of those elusive polls, haha! :smile:

I think it shows there are many other places the many simmers can be found, and now I understand the reasoning of the social media way. I found more community to communicate with and share news with alongside this forum community. :) More simmers to share the love of simming!

ETA: I still love this great forum community, and I’m still going to keep posting here.

I’m just glad to find more areas to communicate Sims stuff with, to find more news or preview tidbits from the devs, and to see all of the cute builds and watch more videos, etc. :smile:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Fairies
    Yep, this poll got 61 votes by the time the Twitter poll got over 6,000 votes.
    The most I ever saw for a poll in this forum was around 300 votes.
  • Options
    FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    Witches
    All of them, of course! But I'd love to see witches/wizards the most.
    They were my favorite life state back in Sims 3, along with fairies!
  • Options
    ChelsialyChelsialy Posts: 25 Member
    Mermaids
    I'd love to have mermaids in the game.
  • Options
    xXholicxX360xXholicxX360 Posts: 20 New Member
    Mermaids
    Wow it’s interesting seeing similar results as Twitter polls. I really hope for mermaids and then werewolves but I hope they are completely different then they were in TS3.
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Werewolves
    *coughs* fully actually good plant sims.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    ZedieZedie Posts: 38 Member
    Mermaids
    I have no idea how it could work smoothly, but yeah mermaids!