The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think the big news is?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,515 Member
    peach1red wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    What about Singer game pack?

That would be awesome, but singing is a the city based EP, isn't it? Wouldn't making a DLC for a singer career be hard with the skill on another DLC?

Yes singing came with City Living. What is missing is Bands.

Thank you!

I would like to see it as a career, but a Showtime like gamepack featuring a singer career could go three ways.
    1.The skill could be like how Sims 3 vampires were in both Late Night and Supernatural.
    2.It could just be something that's not needed and just helps give a boost in performance.
    Though the most likely thing for this game would be 3. You need City Living to play it. If it wasn't for the most recent Stuff pack I can't say this would have even crossed my mind.

I really wonder how seeing someone mention singing made me think all of this. Regardless, I would love that a fair bit.

You should really get City Living. It's an awesome pack and not only does it come with singing sims can sing and play all the instruments at the same time piano,guitar etc and it comes with video game consoles,karoake and bubble blowing.

Yes, yes, I know, and I plan to get it soon. I've not had The Sims 4 for long. I bought it plus Pets for 25 dollars when it was on sell recently. I also got the Get to Work bundle for 30$, which I'm not disappointed with. I love the store, something that The Sims 3 lacked, but I am kind of let down that you can't do anything with the flowers. :disappointed: For my birthday in June I really hope to get Vampires, Parenthood, Romantic Garden Stuff, and Kid's Room Stuff. I'd love to get another bundle (City Living) as well, but for as spoiled as I am when it comes to birthdays I feel a little bit bad about asking for even more.

Flowers can be added to washing machines to make sims smell good. You need Laundry Day.
  • Options
    peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member

That would be awesome, but singing is a the city based EP, isn't it? Wouldn't making a DLC for a singer career be hard with the skill on another DLC?

Thank you!

I would like to see it as a career, but a Showtime like gamepack featuring a singer career could go three ways.
    1.The skill could be like how Sims 3 vampires were in both Late Night and Supernatural.
    2.It could just be something that's not needed and just helps give a boost in performance.
    Though the most likely thing for this game would be 3. You need City Living to play it. If it wasn't for the most recent Stuff pack I can't say this would have even crossed my mind.

I really wonder how seeing someone mention singing made me think all of this. Regardless, I would love that a fair bit.

You should really get City Living. It's an awesome pack and not only does it come with singing sims can sing and play all the instruments at the same time piano,guitar etc and it comes with video game consoles,karoake and bubble blowing.

Yes, yes, I know, and I plan to get it soon. I've not had The Sims 4 for long. I bought it plus Pets for 25 dollars when it was on sell recently. I also got the Get to Work bundle for 30$, which I'm not disappointed with. I love the store, something that The Sims 3 lacked, but I am kind of let down that you can't do anything with the flowers. :disappointed: For my birthday in June I really hope to get Vampires, Parenthood, Romantic Garden Stuff, and Kid's Room Stuff. I'd love to get another bundle (City Living) as well, but for as spoiled as I am when it comes to birthdays I feel a little bit bad about asking for even more.

Flowers can be added to washing machines to make sims smell good. You need Laundry Day.

I've no interest in laundry day, and that's not what I meant. I want to be able to make flower arrangements I mean.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

That would be awesome, but singing is a thing the city based EP, isn't it? Wouldn't making a DLC for a singer career be hard with the skill on another DLC?

Well we need hip hop and R&B radio stations back to The Sims 4.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't think the "next sims 4 experience" has anything to do with the next pack. I think it has to do with one of the new platforms or adding a newer platform to the mix. Experience, IMO, just doesn't fit with a pack announcement. I think the news is bigger than that.

So you don't think what will be shown will be the Next Expansion Pack? It's likely we'll get an EP this quarter because no quarterly was shown.

How in the world does not getting a teaser for this quarter equal getting an EP this quarter? It doesn't. We may not get anything this quarter. Stop getting people's hopes up with misinformation.
  • Options
    I don't think the "next sims 4 experience" has anything to do with the next pack. I think it has to do with one of the new platforms or adding a newer platform to the mix. Experience, IMO, just doesn't fit with a pack announcement. I think the news is bigger than that.

So you don't think what will be shown will be the Next Expansion Pack? It's likely we'll get an EP this quarter because no quarterly was shown.

How in the world does not getting a teaser for this quarter equal getting an EP this quarter? It doesn't. We may not get anything this quarter. Stop getting people's hopes up with misinformation.

If anything I'd say it's probably that they're working on something big, and weren't able to make anything to show this quartly, but that's just speculation on my end... Though if I think is the case I hope it will be something good. Or maybe they just got lazy, it happens.

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited April 2018
    Maybe that Sims Mobile is taking over and that Sims 4 is done for? It seems everyone wants to get in on the mobile gaming bandwagon for some reason.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    Where did you see big news announced? Now if you are talking about the I Play in June - that big news probably is that huge total remake that EA just did for one of their big games - I think it was Battlefield or something - but if it is what EA Mage said about us getting no teaser - well the last time they said they were working on new stuff and couldn't wait to tell us about it - it was about C & D's, Time before we heard that - it was for CL. So guess it will be Seasons this time (there's been rumors on it for months already )... ho hummm... And all that says to me is no more or at least very little new content until November. Gonna be a longggg summer.

I was hoping for new stuff for this quarter as we know we get nothing once the tech shows start all summer (June, July, and Aug).... a Spring teaser of some kind would have been nice....sigh.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Where did you see big news announced? Now if you are talking about the I Play in June - that big news probably is that huge total remake that EA just did for one of their big games - I think it was Battlefield or something - but if it is what EA Mage said about us getting no teaser - well the last time they said they were working on new stuff and couldn't wait to tell us about it - it was about C & D's, Time before we heard that - it was for CL. So guess it will be Seasons this time (there's been rumors on it for months already )... ho hummm... And all that says to me is no more or at least very little new content until November. Gonna be a longggg summer.

I was hoping for new stuff for this quarter as we know we get nothing once the tech shows start all summer (June, July, and Aug).... a Spring teaser of some kind would have been nice....sigh.

I think Seasons is coming out Late June and the Next Ep after that in November. I think the reason we didn't get a quarterly is that they didn't want to give the expansion pack away yet and want to wait to post about it. I think the announcement and trailer will be made next week or the week after and they'll show some hands on of Seasons at the EA Event before it releases. If Seasons is coming out in June then all the teams will jump on it so no game or stuffpacks this quarter.

There is no way there won't be any paid content until November. We've had droughts with TS4 before but not any that long. It's just April.
  • Options
    Maybe that Sims Mobile is taking over and that Sims 4 is done for? It seems everyone wants to get in on the mobile gaming bandwagon for some reason.

I seriously doubt that. To drop TS4 now when there is still way to much content missing would cause a big uproar on these forums,twitter,reddit and facebook.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

I seriously doubt that. To drop TS4 now when there is still way to much content missing would cause a big uproar on these forums,twitter,reddit and facebook.

Well the more they keep pushing Mobile into TS4 players' faces, it tends to seem that way to me.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options

Well the more they keep pushing Mobile into TS4 players' faces, it tends to seem that way to me.

If they did chose to do that then it would further prove that mobile games are poison...

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The market for mobile games have been growing in recent years and is now bigger than tha markets for PC games and console games put together. See http://nordic.businessinsider.com/mobile-games-more-money-than-console-pc-chart-2017-6?r=US&IR=T

The reason is the huge growth in the number of smartphones and the market for such games is especially huge in the very populous countries in Asia. So the game companies just has to make more of such games.

The markets for PC games and console games haven’t become smaller though. So even though the game companies have to make more mobile games they also have to make just as many games for PCs and consoles as they did earlier. They just have to expand because the total market for games has been growing a lot too.

So don’t fear the mobile market. It won’t be that market that finally will kill the big Sims games for the PCs! :)
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Last year the 'big news' was Fitness Stuff. :'(
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What big news?
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »
    Last year the 'big news' was Fitness Stuff. :'(

No it was Toddlers.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What big news?

The big news EA will be announcing soon according to EA Mage. I think it's an expansion pack.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    What big news?

The big news EA will be announcing soon according to EA Mage. I think it's an expansion pack.

Why is EA announcing Sims news? That is unusual. Usually Maxis heads make announcements. If it is EA - well we might be saying farewell to the Sims PC. All those years with Sim City - Maxis/The Sims Division made announcements for it - until EA decided it was time to say farewell to the franchise - then EA had a Sims City announcement. I mean even at the Tech shows EA only announces the head of Maxis to tell us stuff. This not a good sign. EA generally only makes Official Announcement like when a game is newly begun, or when a game is being closed, a studio is closed, and things like that.

ETA:
    My niece, also a simmer is visiting today, just said to me - we've never had an extended game - maybe EA's announcing that.

Actually I don't know if they would announce that anyway as The Sims has never actually ever had a definite limit date anyway.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    What big news?

Why is EA announcing Sims news? That is unusual. Usually Maxis heads make announcements. If it is EA - well we might be saying farewell to the Sims PC. All those years with Sim City - Maxis/The Sims Division made announcements for it - until EA decided it was time to say farewell to the franchise - then EA had a Sims City announcement. I mean even at the Tech shows EA only announces the head of Maxis to tell us stuff. This not a good sign. EA generally only makes Official Announcement like when a game is newly begun, or when a game is being closed, a studio is closed, and things like that.

I guess Maxis will be announcing but when I think Sims I just think EA. I'm sure the announcement is coming from Maxis. I'm just use to associating Sims with EA.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    What big news?

I guess Maxis will be announcing but when I think Sims I just think EA. I'm sure the announcement is coming from Maxis. I'm just use to associating Sims with EA.

Not me. I was with EA well before there was any kind of Sims - so games of theirs affiliated under their studios I totally keep separate as I know the studios more or less do their own thing but under a certain guidance from EA. Gets me nervous saying things like that when it comes to the Sims. LOL.

When I hear EA I think of EA Sports and EA's competition games or a new game Like Fe they got last year - as that is what they announce - so made me nervous for thinking EA was announcing something for one of the studios - which to me is a big OH NO - something else is going down - is generally my first thought, my second thought is another new EA game coming. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Erpe wrote: »
    The market for mobile games have been growing in recent years and is now bigger than tha markets for PC games and console games put together. See http://nordic.businessinsider.com/mobile-games-more-money-than-console-pc-chart-2017-6?r=US&IR=T

The reason is the huge growth in the number of smartphones and the market for such games is especially huge in the very populous countries in Asia. So the game companies just has to make more of such games.

The markets for PC games and console games haven’t become smaller though. So even though the game companies have to make more mobile games they also have to make just as many games for PCs and consoles as they did earlier. They just have to expand because the total market for games has been growing a lot too.

So don’t fear the mobile market. It won’t be that market that finally will kill the big Sims games for the PCs! :)

That's the most comforting news I've heard far too long..

• Options
    edited April 2018

Even EA CEO Andrew Wilson stated that in an interview I just saw yesterday - that he sees a Billion people around the world being connected to EAs games on all devices they own from pc, to mobile, to console, to VR as that is where they are heading and aiming. He want people to be able to play ALL their favorite games on any and all devices, any time and any place in the world.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Even EA CEO Andrew Wilson stated that in an interview I just saw yesterday - that he sees a Billion people around the world being connected to EAs games on all devices they own from pc, to mobile, to console, to VR as that is where they are heading and aiming. He want people to be able to play ALL their favorite games on any and all devices, any time and any place in the world.
    VR hmm? That could be interesting but I wonder if we could switch between sims that way that are in the same household.

Still the PC needs to get the most attention.
  • Options
    I would love to play the sims in VR, but due to my seizures I'll never get that chance. :cry:

• Options
    edited April 2018

VR hmm? That could be interesting but I wonder if we could switch between sims that way that are in the same household.

Oh I won't be doing VR - I tested a couple of VR sets and both made me very ill with in minutes. One of my sons who is a programmer and avid hardcore gamer experienced the same motion issue just not as quickly as I do - but we were told if you suffer any kind of vertigo, serious headaches or motion sickness in any form - you will most likely not be able to tolerate VR - and boy were they right. For me it was almost instantly in both sets I tried. My son lasted about 15-20 minutes. So nope - not going for VR. I stayed ill rest of the after noon after trying them.

To be fair I do have vertigo in some games(first person type games) and in real cars, and get Migraines with aura - so I probably should have never volunteered to try it. LOL. But I couldn't resist - lol.

I have no idea how they would work that with The Sims - but one of the VR people thought it would not be a constant game in VR - it would be something you would be alerted to put on the VR headset when some action was about to happen. One of the games demoed was a police kind of scene where you had a gunfight as you walked on a twisty path, and you had to shoot the bad guy, but save the good guys along the path. I did not get far enough to get a score. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Oh I won't be doing VR - I tested a couple of VR sets and both made me very ill with in minutes. One of my sons who is a programmer and avid hardcore gamer experienced the same motion issue just not as quickly as I do - but we were told if you suffer any kind of vertigo, serious headaches or motion sickness in any form - you will most likely not be able to tolerate VR - and boy were they right. For me it was almost instantly in both sets I tried. My son lasted about 15-20 minutes. So nope - not going for VR. I stayed ill rest of the after noon after trying them.

To be fair I do have vertigo in some games and in cars, and get Migraines with aura - so I probably should have never volunteered to try it. LOL. But I couldn't resist - lol.

My older brother can go for hours. There was even someone game where he piloted a jet or something, he did barrel rolls while looking all around and didn't even get the slightest bit queasy. That shouldn't be possible.