The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think the big news is?

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,418 Member
    edited April 2018
    While everybody is looking for Seasons EP, Car Patch is coming...

Car Patch will be "great stuff" : Free, New gameplay and maybe a world.
    An additional Car SP or GP would be possible like they did for Toddler Patch.

My question is : Will the parents teach how to drive to their teens ?

Confirmed?

Sorry it's still my imagination. As long as they are quiet, everything is possible.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I vote weather patch prepping us to integrate Seasons more easily.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    Oh on twitter it was said Big News on Sims Mobile coming this week so we have big new info on Sims Mobile but not TS4.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    It got me thinking. EA hasn't been to E3 or EA Play - every year they tell us they're not attending and then they attend GamesCom. So, what I'm thinking is.. they're going to EA Play so they can announce Seasons. Because they want t o be able to really spread the word about Seasons. Either that or it's a Farming Expansion Pack, or A mixture of both.

I mean how cool would it be if it was Seasons and if the seasons messed with crops and stuff like that that? I just don't understand why they're going to EA Play when they've never gone.. if it wasn't something big.

And it's for Sims 4, they tweeted it, so it's not Sims 5.

I hope it is a farming pack ( with animals ) and Seasons, and some off the grid stuff!!
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,332 Member
    Oh on twitter it was said Big News on Sims Mobile coming this week so we have big new info on Sims Mobile but not TS4.

Noo! What do you mean ? I thought it was "next Sims 4 experience" ?
  • Options
    RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    Tbh I'm not keeping my hopes up for anything I actually would like to see in game, I've been waiting for three yr or more now so I give up.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    While everybody is looking for Seasons EP, Car Patch is coming...

Car Patch will be "great stuff" : Free, New gameplay and maybe a world.
    An additional Car SP or GP would be possible like they did for Toddler Patch.

My question is : Will the parents teach how to drive to their teens ?
    How about they need to work on a game pack with singers first?

Different team does updates then the team who does gamepacks.
    There are more teams than that. Besides the devs get moved around between teams all the time. So it is a little too complicated for us to see through.

Anyway I don’t think that they are working on a new patch all the time and especially not on the free stuff in the patches.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think the "next sims 4 experience" has anything to do with the next pack. I think it has to do with one of the new platforms or adding a newer platform to the mix. Experience, IMO, just doesn't fit with a pack announcement. I think the news is bigger than that.
  • Options
    simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't think the "next sims 4 experience" has anything to do with the next pack. I think it has to do with one of the new platforms or adding a newer platform to the mix. Experience, IMO, just doesn't fit with a pack announcement. I think the news is bigger than that.

Sounds about right... If there would have been a new pack, there would have been a teaser. Simple as that. So I think they might be implementing some other platform/thingy (I really don't know much about video games, I have only ever played the Sims). Maybe VR which I absolutely detest the idea of, since I suffer from migraines and don't go near those things.
    But I think EA wants to make the Sims available to a broader group of players..
    I really hope they focus more on content than on different platforms, but I guess thats wishful thinking, since it is EA we are talking about..
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,611 Member
    simlotte wrote: »
    I have given up hope that it's really anything big.. I first thought it might be a spin off but now I believe it wont be more than a new outfit for the hamster. I'm sorry, I'm just really tired of waiting for any news. If we could just get anything (patch maybe).

Lol. Never underestimate the importance of hamster outfits :D
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    That they have shelved Sims 5 and will begin working on Sims 6 instead.
    Bit like Windows 9 :D

Windows 9 probably didn't happen due to a thing called the curse of the ninth:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_ninth

Although it focusses on music it seems to be applicable in other situations too and is probably the most likely cause of a lack of windows 9, if you liken the development of an OS to the publication of a symphony.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    simlotte wrote: »
    I have given up hope that it's really anything big.. I first thought it might be a spin off but now I believe it wont be more than a new outfit for the hamster. I'm sorry, I'm just really tired of waiting for any news. If we could just get anything (patch maybe).
    Ha ha ha, I loved your post, toooooo funny
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    The biggest news : TS4 Store

I laughed way too much at that.

But yes, I agree that it's probably not Sims 4 related. So maybe a new Sims game (something set in medieval or future times would be nice), or yeah, VR or something (that would probably make me puke too).

Has everyone forgotten about The Sims Online though? People keep mentioning it as a possibility, but it was actually released years ago and completely flopped... and that's what mobile games are for (I couldn't get into either of them though).
  • Options
  • Options
    TS4 will get 3 SPs released at the same time and each of those SPs will have a new kind of weather as its new gameplay ;):D
  • Options
    peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    edited April 2018
    If I had to pick one of each kind of thing it would something like this:
    • EP: Seasons (duh!)
      • GP: Witches (So Shanoa can truely.)
        • SP: World Fashion Stuff (Or something like that. Basically, imagine that Sims 3 DLC with the lolita and decora clothes, but not limited to J-fashion styles, and instead has subculture fashion from all over the world. Wouldn't that be grand? I mean not priority, but still nice right?
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Nearly anything and everything can be considered as experience. For instance The Sims official site explains game packs as packs that “add new experiences” and a new game pack is most certainly new “experience.”

FB93oc4.png
    @Erpe wrote: »
    TS4 will get 3 SPs released at the same time and each of those SPs will have a new kind of weather as its new gameplay ;):D

Not possible as weather effects are too big for stuff packs. The staff pack team doesn’t have any client engineers, which are needed to work on weather effects.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    What about Singer game pack?

That would be awesome, but singing is a thing the city based EP, isn't it? Wouldn't making a DLC for a singer career be hard with the skill on another DLC?
    Post edited by peach1red on

• Options
    edited April 2018
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Nearly anything and everything can be considered as experience.

The marketing team always uses big words to describe small things.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    @elelunicy It was a joke :)

But EA could do it if EA wanted to. So the reason it won’t happen isn’t that EA can’t move devs from one team to another at any time. The reason also isn’t that EA can’t make 3 SPs at the same time because that would of course be possible too. Instead the reason just is that it would be foolish of EA to even consider such a thing and EA isn’t foolish when it comes to earning money.
  • Options

So you don't think what will be shown will be the Next Expansion Pack? It's likely we'll get an EP this quarter because no quarterly was shown.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    peach1red wrote: »

That would be awesome, but singing is a the city based EP, isn't it? Wouldn't making a DLC for a singer career be hard with the skill on another DLC?

Yes singing came with City Living. What is missing is Bands.
  • Options

That would be awesome, but singing is a the city based EP, isn't it? Wouldn't making a DLC for a singer career be hard with the skill on another DLC?

Thank you!

I would like to see it as a career, but a Showtime like gamepack featuring a singer career could go three ways.
    1.The skill could be like how Sims 3 vampires were in both Late Night and Supernatural.
    2.It could just be something that's not needed and just helps give a boost in performance.
    Though the most likely thing for this game would be 3. You need City Living to play it. If it wasn't for the most recent Stuff pack I can't say this would have even crossed my mind.

I really wonder how seeing someone mention singing made me think all of this. Regardless, I would love that a fair bit.

• Options

Thank you!

I would like to see it as a career, but a Showtime like gamepack featuring a singer career could go three ways.
    1.The skill could be like how Sims 3 vampires were in both Late Night and Supernatural.
    2.It could just be something that's not needed and just helps give a boost in performance.
    Though the most likely thing for this game would be 3. You need City Living to play it. If it wasn't for the most recent Stuff pack I can't say this would have even crossed my mind.

I really wonder how seeing someone mention singing made me think all of this. Regardless, I would love that a fair bit.

You should really get City Living. It's an awesome pack and not only does it come with singing sims can sing and play all the instruments at the same time piano,guitar etc and it comes with video game consoles,karoake and bubble blowing.
  • Options

Thank you!

You should really get City Living. It's an awesome pack and not only does it come with singing sims can sing and play all the instruments at the same time piano,guitar etc and it comes with video game consoles,karoake and bubble blowing.

Yes, yes, I know, and I plan to get it soon. I've not had The Sims 4 for long. I bought it plus Pets for 25 dollars when it was on sell recently. I also got the Get to Work bundle for 30$, which I'm not disappointed with. I love the store, something that The Sims 3 lacked, but I am kind of let down that you can't do anything with the flowers. :disappointed: For my birthday in June I really hope to get Vampires, Parenthood, Romantic Garden Stuff, and Kid's Room Stuff. I'd love to get another bundle (City Living) as well, but for as spoiled as I am when it comes to birthdays I feel a little bit bad about asking for even more.