Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think the big news is?

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    While I agree about the game should have been single player from the start, its hard to deny that many wanted it. I mean there is a mod that was on testing right now, some show it off on youtube, and you can already simmers saying that, this modders did what EA should have did, Sims should have been multiplayer by now, etc. Its hard for me to believe how many wanted the game to be multiplayer.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2018
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    peach1red wrote: »
    peach1red wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    What about Singer game pack?

That would be awesome, but singing is a the city based EP, isn't it? Wouldn't making a DLC for a singer career be hard with the skill on another DLC?

Yes singing came with City Living. What is missing is Bands.

Thank you!

I would like to see it as a career, but a Showtime like gamepack featuring a singer career could go three ways.
    1.The skill could be like how Sims 3 vampires were in both Late Night and Supernatural.
    2.It could just be something that's not needed and just helps give a boost in performance.
    Though the most likely thing for this game would be 3. You need City Living to play it. If it wasn't for the most recent Stuff pack I can't say this would have even crossed my mind.

I really wonder how seeing someone mention singing made me think all of this. Regardless, I would love that a fair bit.

You should really get City Living. It's an awesome pack and not only does it come with singing sims can sing and play all the instruments at the same time piano,guitar etc and it comes with video game consoles,karoake and bubble blowing.

Hi cat :)
    agree to disagree that city living is a awesome pack.

have you heard how they sing?
    they did a better job with showtime songs you could sing if you ask me.they sounded better.
    it is great you can sing and use instruments, if they songs they sing weren't so terrible :(
    the festals have too much base game in them
    not enough community lots or residential lots
    backdrops and illusions to the extreme to make it look a big city
    not to mention issues with lot traits and no apartment building.

is why I disagree.

far from awesome :(

Agree. City Living (and all the EP's so far really) have been extremely underwhelming. (at least to me).

Here's to anxious waiting what Seasons will do. Good things never come alone in Sims 4, there is always some huge ''trade-off'' involved with their packs.

Hi :)

Agreed.
    Extremely Underwhelming.
    not just us either.
    we would have to be blind not to see that.
    I like to keep my eyes firmly open when it comes to packs for this game.
    I won't lie to myself or others that's its anything more than extremely underwhelming with every EP.
    Agree its a constant issue with trade-offs.
    limited in every pack, including game packs like dine out/jungle adventure.
    never moving forward, only backwards, but worse than before.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Sunniva123Sunniva123 Posts: 165 Member
    Has "the big news" been revielded? also where can i read the statement of it?
    Crossing my fingers for seasons
    [img][/img]Y0GCcSS.jpg

This is my makeover of Vladislaus Straud, i also made one of Lilith and Caleb + full cc list.
    link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Xunniva/videos
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I have a sneaking suspicion that multiplayer might be the big announcement. Even though multiplayer was originally scrapped from the Sims 4 after the SimCity fiasco, I don't see it completely disappearing. Since 2014, multiplayer has become much more popular in gaming, and I'm sure EA has noticed this. And multiplayer technology is a lot better than it was 4 years ago. Maybe they see the Sims 4 as being more stable now and better able to handle a multiplayer option. And a multiplayer option could be integrated with the SimsMobile, which they've been trying to get more people to play. It could also explain why they moved some of the gurus to the mobile division, because they want to integrate the mobile game and a multiplayer Sims 4 together. I also recall the CEO of EA saying something to the effect of being able to connect their games on all platforms, whether that be PC, platform or mobile. Just a thought...

I also think it could be a fashion career/ stylist GP. The recent ASOS update in the SimsMobile has a couple new fashion objects that I could see them using in a pack like this. I could also see a Supernatural type GP as well.

Personally, I would like the announcement to be Seasons, but would they really announce something like that in May, and then not release any other content until September/November? That seems like a serious lack of content for a long time...

Hopefully, it's not another boring Stuff Pack :s
  • Options
    KelzKelz Posts: 53 Member
    I just don't really see the Sims as a great multiplayer platform. But you're right, there is money in multiplayer, and they've already gone the mobile route, so that might be the next tactic.

I enjoy a good multiplayer game, but Sims is a much more personal game, and far more story oriented. Multiplayer games, by their nature, usually end up being a grind of some sort or the other for skills, money, power. Could that translate to a Sims game? Sure. But a lot of the charm and attraction of the single player game would be lost.
    My Sims Youtube

Find me on the gallery: kelzmckean
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I am not sure. Don't want to give my hope up so easy. I hope it an expansion back or more for the base game.