Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another survey : Entrepreneur, Winter vacation, Fashion Forward, Love Life

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,505 Member
    Yes I hope love life gets it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,505 Member
    I would buy the winter vacation pack. In seasons we could still have winter in the home worlds.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Yes I hope love life gets it.

Another perfect example of a pack that can be totally part of a FULL decent generations EP.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,402 Member
    edited February 2017
    New careers :
    • Super Hero/Super Vilain
    • Thief
    • Farmer
    • Makeup Artist
    • Model
    • Firefighter
    • Florist
    • Fashion Designer
    • Auto Mechanic
    • Teacher
    • Astronaut
    • Actor/Celebrity

New life states :
    • Witches
    • Mermaid
    • Shapeshifter
    • Plant people
    • Yeti
    • Genie
    • Robot
    • Zombie
    • New Alien Species o:)
    • Werewolves
    • Fairies
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I will be furious if they sell each season on a game pack. Instead of having a fully fleshed out seasons EP, we have to pay $80 instead and get it gradually? I've always said that these new stuff packs and game packs are just another way for EA to milk their customers as much as possible. It is not any different from the store because by the end of this game's lifespan, we will spend more money getting all these packs than what we spent with TS3 altogether. Just give me EPs that are worth the $40! Sheesh.....
  • Options
    I will be furious if they sell each season on a game pack. Instead of having a fully fleshed out seasons EP, we have to pay $80 instead and get it gradually? I've always said that these new stuff packs and game packs are just another way for EA to milk their customers as much as possible. It is not any different from the store because by the end of this game's lifespan, we will spend more money getting all these packs than what we spent with TS3 altogether. Just give me EPs that are worth the $40! Sheesh.....

Yeah and the worst thing I get from it is that they will make Seasons (vacation) world specific. That is the nail in the coffin.

Seasons and Pets are the two EP's I am waiting on the most at the moment. That seperate ''Small Animals'' pack with breeding and pet stores too. Seriously, should be part of a full PETS EP, not seperately.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,447 Member
    edited February 2017
    This survey seems very official to me. I like the fashion GP very much. But if they are planning to put winter into a winter EP (not GP) we will probably get no seasons EP.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    What I read from all the surveys is that they are all little tiny bits of stuff that would make perfectly sense in full EP's. Yet they seem to try selling us all the little bits and pieces instead of just making a full EP.

Really though that is the way they have been doing things since the start. We don't get fully developed EP's like in TS3 anymore where they included new worlds, lots of CAS/Build items and new and deeper gameplay. EP's now just introduce new areas and some cas/build stuff along with a light sprinkling of gameplay.

They've split off gameplay into the GP's.

As far as the vacation spots, I always imagined that was how "seasons" was going to work in TS4. I doubt the engine can handle changing weather in the existing worlds.

• Options
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    What I read from all the surveys is that they are all little tiny bits of stuff that would make perfectly sense in full EP's. Yet they seem to try selling us all the little bits and pieces instead of just making a full EP.

Really though that is the way they have been doing things since the start. We don't get fully developed EP's like in TS3 anymore where they included new worlds, lots of CAS/Build items and new and deeper gameplay. EP's now just introduce new areas and some cas/build stuff along with a light sprinkling of gameplay.

They've split off gameplay into the GP's.

As far as the vacation spots, I always imagined that was how "seasons" was going to work in TS4. I doubt the engine can handle changing weather in the existing worlds.

That is true and it's a very sad thing to see.
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    i really dont trust these survey even tho we know how EA is some people are lying cause i got a survey and it didn't say none of that stuff
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    edited February 2017
    I like the idea of Fashion Forward.
    But I just can't stand the Winter Vacation one.
    Seasons shouldn't be split like this. :s

@SimGuruDrake
    May you at least confirm if those surveys are official or not please?
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Simmer_Ray wrote: »
    i really dont trust these survey even tho we know how EA is some people are lying cause i got a survey and it didn't say none of that stuff
    So what did your survey say??
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    My thoughts (as posted elsewhere)

That one's interesting. But partly weird for some of those being EPs not GPs. I don't see how the first one could be an EP when there's already retail and restaurant management mechanics in the game, and neither of those was EP-scale (retail was at most half of that EP) and a lot of what's proposed as venues would use existing objects. Why would they not ask if you'd buy it as an EP *and* if you'd buy it as a GP? That can make a lot of difference.

ETA: I'd totally buy the fashion GP and, if it were a GP, the Winter Vacation one. For that to be EP-level, though, it would need to include a full world that I can live in, not just a neighbourhood for visiting. And also I would want to be able to have winter weather and basic snowplay in my other worlds too.

also ETA: Tickmarks from me for Super Hero/Super Villain, Farmer, and Astronaut! And I wouldn't turn down Model and Actor/Celebrity either. And tickmarks from me for Witches, Shapeshifters (!!!!!!!), Plant People, New Alien Species, and Fairies.

And ETA here only: Yeah, between this and the tropical one, I'm not thrilled with the hint that we might never get weather in our current worlds. I've been optimistic till now because there were earlier surveys that seemed to suggest that it's possible. There was a "Weather & Disasters" EP, and a "Seasons" EP, and phrasing on a "Winter Wonderland" GP that suggested that the weather could be added to existing worlds ("Add the winter season to your game to cover your neighborhood in a blanket of fresh snow!"). But this winter one doesn't suggest that at all.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

it just ask me my thoughts on the sims 4 so far and what would i like to see in the future and it also asked me what do i think about the toddlers
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member

I believe he is talking about this.

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I don't care if I have to pay more than $40 to have the four seasons, but I want them in all the worlds.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,402 Member
    edited February 2017
    Previously

Survey 2 on October 9th, 2014 :

- "Active Careers EP" and "Business Owner EP" -> Get To Work
    - "Town Life EP" -> Dine Out and a little Get Together
    - "City Living EP" -> City Living
    - "Supernatural EP" -> Vampires
    - "Health and Wellness EP" -> Spa Day

"Fame and Fortune EP" is missing.

Survey 3 on August 8th, 2015 :

- "Metropolis EP" -> City Living

"On The Road", "University", "Generations", "Get Real", "Find Love", "Power Up", "Rebuild", "Back To School", "Get Famous" and "Vacation" are still missing.

Survey 4 on March 28th, 2016 :

"Pets EP" is planned, it's sure.
  • Options

it just ask me my thoughts on the sims 4 so far and what would i like to see in the future and it also asked me what do i think about the toddlers
    Interesting, thank you! Nevertheless I think the surveys are legit. The language is so 100% Sims marketing department.

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited February 2017
    This sounds like they will be selling each season separately and even worse than that that the season in question will be available only in a holiday destination.
    This is horrible news.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    kinot9229 wrote: »

I believe he is talking about this.

yeah that person who sent that screenshot lie cause that survey was sent out February 10th and that what i try to tell sims community but you know you cant tell them nothing when they trying to post a story
  • Options

Interesting, thank you! Nevertheless I think the surveys are legit. The language is so 100% Sims marketing department.

that is true i honestly can see EA doing this since everyone like different thing so to lower complaints they separate stuff
  • Options

So a completely separate survey type. Doesn't make the others invalid. There have always been multiple types of surveys for the game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

So a completely separate survey type. Doesn't make the others invalid. There have always been multiple types of surveys for the game.

im just talking about the one from the screenshot cause she lie if you read the tweets she clearly said she didnt get the recent ones everyone else is getting
  • Options
    edited February 2017

im just talking about the one from the screenshot cause she lie if you read the tweets she clearly said she didnt get the recent ones everyone else is getting

It's not lying if there are actually two different surveys happening at the same time. She got one type of survey and you got another type of survey. The people getting the other type just got a different type from you. Both are types of surveys that we know EA has done before (I've received the general-satisfaction survey with a fill-in-the-blanks tell-us-what-you-want in the past).