Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another survey : Entrepreneur, Winter vacation, Fashion Forward, Love Life

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
    I just want the Love Life pack because I really need more indepth weddings. I've been begging to have a Sims game where I can have a real wedding party and all the drama that comes with that. Make it happen EA.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    "Vacations do not equal seasons"(c) one smart forumity
    Seriously, guys, these are only vacation destinations. Like when you want to go ice skating or skiing you go somewhere where there's snow and ice. And if you want to go to the beach to swim and tan, you go somewhere warm (aka tropics).

People have been screaming that they want more vacation spots. And now they complain because survey mentioned more vacation spots. It doesn't make sense.

I personally have been hoping for a snowy vacation world for a very long time. I'm tired of cliche tropical vacations.

Ps: destination worlds will most probably not be affected by seasonal change when seasons are finally released to preserve the experience. Snowy granite falls wouldn't really make sense imho.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I really want the Fashion Forward. I hope they have sewing machines, and fabric making machines so you can create your own clothes, instead of using mods, It would be so cool if they gave us that option to create them. And if they could add a jewelry design hobby or career. You could use all the crystals and rocks you collect and chisel them into jewelry. Plus I would love if they made a more advanced way for love life, like the other sims games, turn on and offs. But I would love any of these game and stuff packs and expansion packs:)))
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    If they plan to put winter in an all winter vacation world instead of just having actual seasons, I'm done. Sims will officially be over for me

They could do both.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    I just want the Love Life pack because I really need more indepth weddings. I've been begging to have a Sims game where I can have a real wedding party and all the drama that comes with that. Make it happen EA.

Exactly and maybe we d get some wedding veils out of it too.
  • Options
    RobCarlos02RobCarlos02 Posts: 20 Member
    I love the Fashion Forward Idea
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Just anything that adds gameplay. Can't they just release a pack that has all the animations we're missing and a ton of hobbies and an actual attraction system that we can influence.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    At the end of the day we just need new experiences and new gameplay. The problem with all these surveys, should they be legit, is that they all fall into the same old trap Sims 4 has been falling into for ages: they focus TOO heavily on simulating life rather than being a game. Yes ok, cafés exist in real life, but I'll survive if my sim can't run a café. Prioritize what sounds fun to play over what mimics real life, THEN after you have a fun gameplay concept that hasn't been done before, then tie it into simulating life. (or not. I mean Vampires is popular as plum) But if the gameplay is just boring because 90% of the features are functionally identical with a new coat of paint, then I simply stop playing and find a new game to play.

Absolutely. We need new GAMEPLAY. I agree that a lot of the things from both surveys are rather uninteresting to me as it seems like just more of what we already have with a fresh coat of paint. Whatever they decide to theme the packs around I don't much care so long as it offers something completely new to do with my sims.

There's a really easy way too highlight the problem, too:

Let's say I loaded up Sims 2, made an entrepreneur of some kind, ran a business until it reached maximum efficiency, then I sold the business and sent you a copy of my save file. Then let's say I did the exact same with Sims 4, and again sent you the save file.

The difference...?

In Sims 2, you'll see clear evidence my sim was a business owner even if I sell the business. He'll have skill badges to show for his work, so even without the business, you'd enjoy being able to build Servo or start a new business really quickly and easily or make Snapdragon bouquets or whatever. In Sims 4...? You won't notice a thing. I'll have a meaningless unlock like a Chef's hat or "my first dollar," but aside from that, my sim will be functionally identical to a sim that never ran the business.

That's the problem. Every expansion needs to both offer an experience and a long-term reward, which is that I've in some way improved or changed my sim's abilities for having gone through the experience. Sims 2 Open for Business was wildly popular because both the experience of running the business was interesting, and the end pay-off was worthwhile. Every day you'd see small improvements as your cashier got faster or you got better at persuading, so every day you felt small improvements and small rewards. By the end of it, so long as you participated in your business or did one of the 3(?) crafting skills, you had a useful skill under your belt for the future.

But Sims 4...? Dine out fails because while it is a game and an experience, it lacks a reward. It means all we do is play through it once, get bored, and then we lack motivation to play it again until we're in the mood to play that type of "minigame." Spa day and Get Together fail because while the Wellness skill maxed out or a club with all the perks is a reward (in the most minimalist way possible), the experience to achieve those was very simple, quick and bland. I could load up the game right now and have those rewards on a new sim within 3 in-game days, which just isn't the same as working for it. Working for it means not every sim can achieve it, thus those rewards help make my sims unique.

Vampires...? That's been a success because the moment I send someone my game file with vampires, they can immediately see my path and my rewards via the powers. Every sim is unique, and their "stats menu" so to speak tells a story of it's own, just like with Open for Business. This is exactly what future gameplay content needs to do, cause this is a sign of good development.

I agree on every single point here. I want each pack to introduce new systems, consequences, and rewards. This game definitely needs more in depth and varying systems that we feel a sense of accomplishment with. I love the game but I know it needs more variety in future packs.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »
    Trowicia wrote: »
    Something tells me they're going to split up seasons like that whether or not the community likes the idea.
    I for one am not in favor of splitting up the seasons like that.

I don't think they will be splitting up seasons. We don't even know if this servery is real or not. Also it didn' talk about having it snow in every single world. Just in one world that you can visit. going to a new vacation spot and season are two different things all together.

I really hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to split up seasons. That would be a maddening choice and I could only predict the justified outrage on here. I hope they already have a plan on implementing the seasons to every world because Sims 2 wasn't an open world and I could see Sims 4 pulling off seasons in a very similar manner. Perhaps, just like Pets, they've been working on seasons alongside each world. I really hope so!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't mind having Vacation worlds that contain one season all the year round, as long as they planned to have seasons as well.

Like an Alpine vacation area would mean you could have snow activities in summer, or a Tropical vacation spot would make it possible to have summer activities in winter.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    These surveys don't mean much. They're merely a way for the marketing dept to see how we react to certain concepts THEY deem suitable for TS4, devs have no part in them. These concepts have very little to do with what is actually in development right now, or planned to be developed soon. In one of these surveys a Generation EP with toddlers was mentioned... Why do you think? For them to see how big the outrage would be. They were just testing the waters. Toddlers would NEVER come with paid DLC and they knew we realized that, but they still included them like that in a survey purely for examination purposes.

Same thing with the winter/summer vacation spots. It's already been confirmed by gurus weather won't be tied to a single town in TS4, and yet, in the survey it seems like it would be. They're just trying to see how the crowd responds. If anything, I'd say some of the stuff surveys talk about will be found in future iterations, not the current one.