Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cascades & Daily Deals- Getting the best bang for your SP

Comments

• Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    @simgeek79 thanks I have the dd spreadsheat bookmarked and I understand it but cascades and calculator confuse me ut if I chech them out on a fully functioning brain day i might figure them out lol but who knows when that will be
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    glad you found it @rionismyname If there is a particular cascade you're confused about, please let me know and I'll try to help. If there is a set or compilation you're interested in, all you need to do is buy the deals listed out underneath their names. You should definitely get the Animals Abound glitch listed at the very top of the first post in this thread. It will give you the entire Kids 2010 compilation. The general idea behind cascades is that when you buy something on sale on the DD, it will impact the price of the set it is in. So basically, I've tried to find some of the best bargains on the DD, so that when you buy something it gives you a big discount on another set.

Also, I have a link to this thread in my signature, so if you ever see me posting on the DD thread, you can always just click the link in my signature to get here.
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Yay @rionismyname glad u found it!! I posted some tips on how to use the spreadsheet on my Weekly Sale page in this forum a little while back as it can be quite overwhelming when u first open it. I'll post a link when I get home from work :smile:

Have a great day :smiley:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    @simgeek79, I'm glad you're posting a link to your tips! I've looked at the spreadsheet, but my brain doesn't want to cooperate :smiley:
  • Options
    thank you everyone I dont quite have enough sp for the Animals Abound I'm waiting on adds but will do it soon I hope depends on adds lol wish me luck send some adds my way lol
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay @rionismyname and @gnlovew ...my kids wanted to watch a movie and then have a family game night... here's the link I was telling you about...hope it helps. Let me know if you have any questions :)

I truly miss the spreadsheet :cry: I used to always have that open in a tab, along with Eliana's calculator (not sure if you've used that Rion but it tells you what your cost will be when a set comes up on a DD based on your current CYS. You can then play around with different values to see how much of a set you need (in total points not percentage) in order to get it free. Here's the link to the Calculator .

Have a great weekend...won't be on the forums much - lots going on here but so happy your hubby replaced your laptop so quick @gnlovew and @rionismyname happy you're getting lots of green downloads...enjoy the DD experience, I'm sad my time is over so fast...glad I dragged my last few sets out waiting for the best deals...will be done this Sunday :disappointed: ahhhh....good times....good times...Lol. Sorry for hijacking your thread Leslie :o

Good night all... :kissing_heart:

• Options
    @simgeek79 thanks Ill check out the links now
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    Thank you @simgeek79! I hope you have a great weekend!
  • Options
    You're welcome @rionismyname and @gnlovew hope they help :)

• Options
    I cant find Kids 2010 set can I get a link or something?
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    coolsim765coolsim765 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rionismyname said:
    > I cant find Kids 2010 set can I get a link or something?

The forum won't allow me to post links yet but try the search bar at the top of the store page using: Kids! 2010
    it shouls pop up for ya!
  • Options
    oh em gee this whole time I thought plum it would be nice if they had a plum search bar and this whole time they did I never even saw it Ive been finding things the hard way lol thanks @coolsim765
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    ehl451ehl451 Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2015
    While looking at the Coffee Bean Hipster Loft cascade, I noticed that the Eloquently Eclectic Collection should be free without doing the Animal's Abound Cascade. The four items from Itadikamisu (SPV 418) and the DD #661: No Nonsense Desk (26/121/79%) look to be enough for DD# 59: Eloquently Eclectic Collection (474/1895/75%). You might be able to find another item that is cheaper. I just chose this one.

Also DD #681: Stacked Planters (19/49/61%) could replace DD #425: Safer Than Safe End Table (17/50/66%).

Thanks to all for posting these lists.
    Post edited by ehl451 on
  • Options
    Thanks @ehl451 ! Happy deal hunting :)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2015
    @LadybugLeslie very nice thread you got here
    I like to point out to does that aim to get gifted to get the free sets, some of us gifters only gift from clean wish lists (lists with no doubles)
    so the esies way to get gifted and use the CYS is to have just enough single items from the set on your list, that it will be CYS free (maybe on a DD) I used to start with about half the items. Ofcourse you then don't have the set on the wish list.
    So haveing a list on your desk/computer with sets and complications you like might be a handy way of rembering and doing check ofs.

that said I'm hosting a nomination game, where you can get your friends or random people gifted.... all that is needed is that they have a clean wish list and you then nominat them.

I love how the CYS makes it posible to in reality gift a set in many small gifts.....
    Post edited by anettesb on
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    Oh my gosh, it is SO helpful to have all of the cascade information in one place, like this!! I am just learning all about the daily deals and how to save in the store, and this thread has been so great. Thank you!
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    edited May 2015
    > Front Row Center + Wretched Threads-- 145 sp
    > - DD# 250: Front Row Center Bedroom (113 sp)
    > - DD# 375: Front Row Center + Wretched Threads (32 sp)-- 1600 sp set for 145 sp!

This can actually be further improved:
    - DD #760 You Spin My Time -- 7 sp -- This brings DD #250 to 82 sp from 113 sp!
    - DD #807 Hit The Bookshelf -- 31 sp -- This should bring DD #250 to 17 sp from 82 sp if I am calculating right.

So 7 + 31 + 17 + 32 = 87 sp down from 145 sp for the 1600 sp set. :smile:

I'm not sure, but I also wonder if DD #30 -- Stylin' Saggy -- 32 sp or DD #(Edit: 227) -- Tough as Nails Teen -- 26 sp would be enough to trigger DD #375 for free. So the total would be either 87 sp (with DD #30) or 81 sp (with DD #267) for Front Row Center + Wretched Threads.
    Post edited by VGryphon on
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • Options
    > @VGryphon said:
    > I'm not sure, but I also wonder if DD #30 -- Stylin' Saggy -- 32 sp or DD #267 -- Tough as Nails Teen -- 26 sp would be enough to trigger DD #367 for free. So the total would be either 87 sp (with DD #30) or 81 sp (with DD #267) for Front Row Center + Wretched Threads.

Buying DD #30 Stylin' Saggy 32 sp/75 spv) or DD #227 (corrected) Tough as Nails Teen (26 sp/75 spv) will give enough spv (32) to get - DD# 376: Front Row Center + Wretched Threads for free.

Remember to find the final price you pay for a set, you can use Eliana's calculator linked on one of these threads. The calculation as someone post earlier is:

0.9 x [original or discounted price of set - sum value (not discounted price) of all individual items purchased] = final price.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Thanks, I just wasn't totally sure about how much either of those two items actually affected the CYS for DD #375. Sometimes I've seen some oddities in the CYS discount thanks to some past price changes.
    Post edited by VGryphon on
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Re: Front Row Center + Wretched Threads

This can actually be further improved:
    - DD #760 You Spin My Time -- 7 sp -- This brings DD #250 to 82 sp from 113 sp!
    This worked for me.

- DD #807 Hit The Bookshelf -- 31 sp -- This should bring DD #250 to 17 sp from 82 sp if I am calculating right.
    This actually brought the Front Row Center CYS to 315 sp. This means that the DD #250 to 12 sp, but with rounding, it should be 10 sp for Front Row Center.

So for 48 points, I should be getting Front Row Center instead of 113 sp. Yay!

And with DD #227, I'll get Front Row Center + Wretched Threads for a total of 74 sp for the 1,600 sp set! Yay!

So, here is my contribution to this wonderful thread. Thank you @LadybugLeslie for making this thread.
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • Options
    Oh awesome @VGryphon !! Welcome to the thread and thanks for finding an even better deal!
  • Options
    Tiki Set Using Only CYS

Tiki Island Counter 45
    Tiki Dining Room Set 120/180 (Cheaper at DD# 304)
    Full Tiki Set 75/466 (for Living Room)

Paid 240 SP for 791 SPV

Island Escape Compilation DD# 833 Free
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Another deal chain!

Frontier Finds Kitchen and Dining - 86 sp total for the 561 sp set.
    DD #568 -or- DD #673 (same deal) Kitchen Cage Hutch - 9sp (original cost 33sp, a 73% discount)
    DD #637 Grandmother's Cooktop - 51sp (original cost 108sp, a 53% discount)
    DD #907 Woodland Counter - 26sp (original cost 49sp, a 47% discount)

The above three should make DD #914 free.
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Disregard Comment.
  • Options
    Thank you goes out to @ajaxpost for the never-spill bucket, it will help me with DD# 52 and help with the World Inspiration Bundle!
    XmKUks3.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top